Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2007-10-10, 15:35   Link #242
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Spoiler:
I had suspected as much after watching the ED and that girl paired with the freshly dragon-gifted Kazuki. As if it wasn't enough, the preview in ep1 already hinted that Toa would have special powers of her own, which further supported the hunch. Anyway, one thing we have left to ponder is
Spoiler:

And, yeah, the dragons seemed awkward to me, which is a shame as Gonzo seems to know its stuff when making good animated CG (*fondly reminisces the well-drawn fights from Sentou Yousei Yukikaze*).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-10-10 at 15:47.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:57   Link #243
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I thought the CG was pretty nice. It could be better but it's not as bad as it seemed in the previews and etc.

This episode was much better than the first. Pace very well, you found out what's going on and they specifically state the history of what occurred. The music is really nice too.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 16:59   Link #244
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
From the looks of the screenshots from episode 3 it seems like the animation looks slightly better. A boost in animation after only 1 episode normally i wouldnt think much of it but im wondering how the budget for the animation will play out near the middle and end of the series. Its possible we might see some really stuff later down the road.
Old 2007-10-10, 17:17   Link #245
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

truethfully im a bit disapointed with episode 2. Granted i cant make a proper decision till i see the subs, but for me it jumps around to much. I also get the feeling the Kazuki is going to betray Jin and try and kill him simply cause he's told to, which i feel would be a flimsy reason.

The animation wasnt bad, but it wasnt great, and i felt the dragons were a bit pathetic. They reminded me of a 6 year olds drawing >.<

I think this'll be one i drop this season, but i'll give it till ep5.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 17:22   Link #246
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I choose you! blue eyes white dragon!!

I think I will keep this series afterall seeing ep 2 - and yea the massive chest "thing" isnt as evident this time round

ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 17:24   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I choose you! blue eyes white dragon!!
]
WIN LMAO
Old 2007-10-10, 18:15   Link #248
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
ep 2
Spoiler:
What I learned from anime- Don't trust secret organizations, 90% chance of them betraying the main characters...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Is it strange that when she said "even though you don't have a place to go back too" I thought that if I was Jin, I'd put on a Higurashi face and swing a hammer and crack her head open...?
Spoiler for ep2 thoughts:

Kazuki= 100x worse than Suzaku. Just burn...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:19   Link #249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Kazuki= 100x worse than Suzaku. Just burn...
I've been waiting for someone to mention Suzuka from Code Geass, in this thread...
Old 2007-10-10, 19:54   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've been waiting for someone to mention Suzuka from Code Geass, in this thread...
Ahaha~

I did mention Code Geass in this thread before, I believe.

Lelouch= Jin (only Jin isn't as cool)
Suzaku= Kazuki (only Kazuki has big loyalty issues)
C.C.= Toa... (Nooooooooo! C.C. jya nai!!!!!)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-10, 22:13   Link #251
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dragonaut. First Thoughts

At long last I have seen the first episode to this series, which I have been anticipating since March although I downloaded the sub three days ago.

After the vivacious work Makoto Uno did for the character designs to Witchblade one year later his art style is made evident in Dragonaut ~ The Resonance.

Well endowed ladies with long-windy hair and peculiar attitudes.

RESONANCE ~Hand to Hand~

Anyways, GONZO made a terrific (cool) impression with the prologue to the story. It just felt as any ordinary day for mankind and which nothing was foreseen to happen.
People kept their hopes high up as they witnessed the launching of the manned-spacecruiser to the moon.
Spoiler:

GONZO has again introduced a marvelous, original story with charismatic characters. The only problem I have for episode one is that the staff made a mistake at attempting to introduce too many characters all at once. Those are the same people featured in the OP sequence.
I honestly lost trail off the plot, that's until the scene switched back to Jin.
Spoiler:

What I quickly picked up, and thanks to the Shinsen staff for including the notes about what's happening in this story, is the following:
Spoiler:

I think the gist for this series is exploring the relationships among characters with Jin and Toa's as they have now met and bonded, and the driving vehicle are the various shounen and sci-fi elements into the story: the threat of Thanatos, the Dragonauts, and the mystery monsters; etc.

Anyways, I give this prologue a solid nine and from now on the title delivers, expecting patiently for the next episode releases.

Last edited by Guido; 2007-10-11 at 08:50.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 23:13   Link #252
zalem

Not outstanding, but not bad. The series has some potential at least. Still very wary about it though. I'm certainly enjoying it more than all the other fall 07 stuff (which is all crap to me...well Gundam 00 isn't crap, but it isn't anything memorable or special so far).
Old 2007-10-10, 23:41   Link #253
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
If people are disturbed by the giant breasts, they should just focus on the loliish girl, as she's quite modest in terms of bust size.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 00:08   Link #254
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
If people are disturbed by the giant breasts, they should just focus on the loliish girl, as she's quite modest in terms of bust size.
Too bad her personality sucks and I want to rip her apart...

Old 2007-10-11, 01:32   Link #255
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
She's normal.

Really, my earlier comment applies. You could totally pass her off as a short 20 something!
Old 2007-10-11, 06:59   Link #256
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Basing on the fact that he's always seen alone (preview), Kazuki's dragon won't want to have a partner...

I'm also basing on the fact that in the ending, Kaziki is seen with a woman (and as others characters are with their dragons...).

Well, I enjoy Ep 2.
Let's see what gonzo has planned.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 08:27   Link #257
UPR

everybody here is saying that Jin and the ISDA and Kazuki are going to be enemies. I thought as well but now I don't know now because, in the OP or ED don't remember which I think in the OP. There is a scene where everybody is standing next to a tree. And at the right are all the dragons and behind is the guy that appears in the next ep. But that put doubt in my mind.

Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2007-10-11, 10:07   Link #258
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep2:
Speculation : ON !

Maybe she's afraid of showing her Dragon form because Jin would remember what cause the plane to explosed...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 10:27   Link #259
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Speculation : ON !

Maybe she's afraid of showing her Dragon form because Jin would remember what cause the plane to explosed...
Well, her last line in the episode is.

Spoiler:

So that should give you an idea. I almost translated it as something else. Man, I was tired.

On another note, after finishing work on the 2nd episode, I got the line Professor Kitajima (Busty Professor) said about Toa in the cafe wrong.

Spoiler for Just in case anyone hasn't seen the first ep yet:

Also, the above spoiler is one of the most evil things about fansubbing a show while it's still airing.

Last edited by Shouta; 2007-10-11 at 11:11.
Old 2007-10-11, 11:17   Link #260
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Why ono daisuke's voice act looks different? His voice sounds like (Suzaku) takahiro sakurai to me.

*can't wait to hear Natsuki's (boukenyellow) voice in this show.*
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi