AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-29, 23:56   Link #241
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I don't think real love is based on looks. There are few solutions to this, such as C.C. perhaps becoming mortal or Lelouch becoming like her. Not sure how either of those could happen though.
Old 2007-12-29, 23:57   Link #242
Pistbag

well its too soon to say C.C and Lelouch has what you call "real love"
Old 2007-12-30, 00:07   Link #243
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Not exactly. Close caption shows "the person who is talking", not "the person spoken to".

"World of C" was revealed at the end of Episode 16, when C.C. shot Mao, she said, "Mao, wait for me in the World of C."
Discussion went wild on what world that is. Most think it's "the world of death" because the pronunciation is very similar (death=shi, C=shii). The discussion settled after someone posted a screenshot of the close caption showing "Cの世界" (World of C).
Then in DS game, World of C is used in every telepathy communication of C.C. or the Emperor.

The Emperor talked to "someone" in Episode 1 ("Connection of Ragnarok... Is the legend starting again?"), the beginning of Episode 6 ("I was talking to Clovis."), and Episode 18 ("Building of Thought Elevator is on schedule.")
Old 2007-12-30, 00:16   Link #244
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I had thought she had said world of death, but I guess that wasn't it. I wonder if this place has any connection to that lake and castle we have seen a few times in the visions or with all those weird figures waling around that Suzaku saw.

When I think about it more, could a real relationship really happen between Lelouch and C.C.? Besides the question of what to do about her not aging, would she truly be interested in him when she has been alive for hundreds of years? Maybe I'm just thinking about this too much.

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-01-02 at 14:32.
Old 2008-01-05, 05:47   Link #245
ch0c0b0fr34k

Based on the first episode, didn't C.C. say something along the lines of "I've found him." when Lulu touched the capsule? And at the beginning of the first episode, it shows C.C. meeting up with the two when they were still young. So I think C.C. was somehow looking for Lulu and they met up again.

Anyways, LuluxC.C. ftw! The other couples don't really compare......but if C.C. dies (which she won't since she's holding up CG by her lonesome ^_^) I'd rather Lulu stay alone.
Old 2008-01-05, 11:39   Link #246
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't recall that line actually. There was something like it in one of the manga, but I think her first line was "Don't kill him!"

And Marianne seems to have asked C.C. to check up on them, so I think she knew where they were back then. It seems she was captured by Britannia soon after the invasion though.

The reason the couple always seemed the most viable to me is that in a sense, they just seemed closer. Some of the conversations she has in the World of C also seem to indicate that she doesn't want to have any real feelings for him, since she doesn't "want to make the same mistake again." It is yet to be seen if anything will really develop though. I also have a bad feeling that if it does happen, C.C. will be dead at the end or die even if it doesn't happen.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:19   Link #247
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I don't recall that line actually. There was something like it in one of the manga, but I think her first line was "Don't kill him!"

And Marianne seems to have asked C.C. to check up on them, so I think she knew where they were back then. It seems she was captured by Britannia soon after the invasion though.

The reason the couple always seemed the most viable to me is that in a sense, they just seemed closer. Some of the conversations she has in the World of C also seem to indicate that she doesn't want to have any real feelings for him, since she doesn't "want to make the same mistake again." It is yet to be seen if anything will really develop though. I also have a bad feeling that if it does happen, C.C. will be dead at the end or die even if it doesn't happen.
That line was in the show, you don't see C.C saying it, but you hear it in Lelouch's head when he touches the capsule, and it's definetly C.C's voice.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:31   Link #248
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, well it's been a while since I watched the first episode so I guess I just forgot about it. She probably knew he was the one she needed to make a contract with, perhaps at the request of Marianne. I wonder if she really expects him to complete the contract, given her bad luck with such things in the past.
Old 2008-01-05, 13:05   Link #249
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Oh, well it's been a while since I watched the first episode so I guess I just forgot about it. She probably knew he was the one she needed to make a contract with, perhaps at the request of Marianne. I wonder if she really expects him to complete the contract, given her bad luck with such things in the past.
I think that she believes in Lelouch, and also when she first says that for some weird reason she says "I've finally found you my king"... I still don't get what that king part is for.
Old 2008-01-05, 13:29   Link #250
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Are you sure she said that? Maybe the subs I watched were different or something.

Not sure what to think of a line like that. If he is supposed to be her king, than what does that make her? Maybe she believes he'll be able to overcome the geass and the suffering that comes with it. She said someone who would do that would have the right to be king, or something along those lines.
Old 2008-01-05, 13:38   Link #251
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Are you sure she said that? Maybe the subs I watched were different or something.

Not sure what to think of a line like that. If he is supposed to be her king, than what does that make her? Maybe she believes he'll be able to overcome the geass and the suffering that comes with it. She said someone who would do that would have the right to be king, or something along those lines.
the black king and the gray witch. There can't be love between such positions, but then again Lelouch has made it clear he'll become a witch himself so that C.C. won't be alone, so the metaphor doesn't really mean much anymore.

and C.C.'s line was "I've found it, my..." in the anime. Funny, because I remembered the king thing too. (Actually think they used that "my black king" line in the Nightmare of Nunnally manga)
Old 2008-01-05, 13:47   Link #252
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah the titles can't really go together, thought gray implies C.C. goes to no one's side in a sense. I wonder how much seeing her past really affected him. Same with how much C.C. was affected by Lelouch teliing her all that. I suppose for someone who has been alone for pretty much their entire life, being told something like that must mean a lot. Hopefully the metephors don't mean too much.

Yeah, she said Black King in the Nightmare of Nunnally manga, that I know for sure.
Old 2008-01-05, 15:56   Link #253
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Regarding the line, C.C. was meant to watch over Lelouch as a kid. So whether she recalled his presence or something special is unknown to me.

Then again perhaps Marianne had promised her Lelouch? I find it odd that an eternal living being would follow the whim of one person, even if Marianne had saved or protected C.C. during when she was alive. It's just a strange order to follow o-o;

I still find it funky how she grabbed his wrist when she was shot in the head, yet the next shot of both their hands showed nothing of the sort happening. Makes me wonder how she makes contracts with people, simply by being close to them? O-o;

I hear many subs going ' You'll be the witch, I'll be the Warlock/Devil/etc. ' So I'm not even sure what's the true line in it x-x;

Lelouch doesn't seem romantically involved with anybody at the moment, even the kiss itself was sorta short lived and there was only 10 mins left in the episode and it was meant for SuzuxLulu conflict with C.C. drowning Orange-kun. I'm not sure what they're relationship is currently, perhaps now they see each other as Partners compared to 'Accomplices'

Kallen? Erm, is an unknown now since the last scenes of the first season. She loves Zero...or is just extremely loyal and passionate about him. She hates Lelouch currently for the Horror House and the remark about just lying down and giving into Britannia*slap* I think currently they're more acquaintances than anything in School, Unknown on Zero-Since she realized he was Lelouch. She did say she felt used and looked sorta...shattered.

Shirley: Honestly, I think it was more a unsided love which the other side gave pity. The kiss was more of her admitting her feelings and wanting to give herself a sort of...reason for his death, he gave her tickets and she was going to admit to lelouch her feelings..but things got f-ed XD. Anyhow, Lelouch felt more responsible, the episode after showed them not really have a romance at all and even admitted it was a mistake on Shirley part. The memory wipe and speech after that showed me Lelouch loved her as a friend;

" You Love her Didn't you? "
" I..don't even know anymore. "

Currently, best bet for Lelouch's love life is: Nunnally.

;D

Spoiler for NunnallyXLelouch:

I have to say, Romance for Lelouch is completely...zilch in season 1. It's either Pity, Contract, or Loyalty.

Oh and Milly secretly likes him but doesn't say anything since shes already promised to Lloyd.

Old 2008-01-05, 16:03   Link #254
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
I hear many subs going ' You'll be the witch, I'll be the Warlock/Devil/etc. ' So I'm not even sure what's the true line in it x-x;
IIRC, the line is (untranslated) "お前は魔女なら、私は魔王になる。"  My translation: "If you are a witch, then I'll become a warlock."

The key word is 魔王 here. Unfortunately, it's a very VERY unspecific term, Warlock, Devil, Witch King are all valid translations. It just generally means a male with supernatural powers who is usually evil, or the antagonist.

However, I think what's really important is the literal translation which is "magic king". I don't know what that has to do with other references to "kings", such as the geas, which is referred to as the "king's power".
Old 2008-01-05, 16:30   Link #255
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I think season 1 was sort of meant to open up the possibility for him to have relationships, not for him to actually establish a firm one. I believe it was said they avoided romantic developments so they could establish Lelouch's goals.

I want more detail into the relationship between C.C. and Marianne. The conversations that were gone into more detail in the game make it seem like they are friends in a sense during the times where it seems Marianne is talking. Perhaps meeting Marianne had a profound effect on her.

As for where Lelouch and C.C.'s relationship stands, not sure either. I think they care about each other to some degree more than the beginning. I think there was an interview that stated a romantic relationship couldn't happen until Lelouch viewed her as a woman or something like that and that C.C.'s role at the moment was more maternal.

For Kallen, there is definately going to be a trust issue between them. Unless the whole amnesia thing actually happens, in which case I don't know what will happen.

I don't know where things will go with Shirley at all. I think Lelouch does care about her as a friend like you said, but I don't know if that could evolve.

I think Nunnally wanted her brother to have someone. SHe certainly didn't seem to object that much when she thought C.C. was Lelouch's girlfriend.
Old 2008-01-06, 06:05   Link #256
Stretch5920

These are my feelings on the possible romantic options for Lelouch

Kallen:
I think if Lelouch and Kallen actually had a conversation, they could learn that they are both fighting for the same reasons. To change the world for their family's happiness. Then they could start to have a friendship/romance after that. They do have a fair bit in common.

Shirley:
Shirley is a tough one. She is obviously still obsessed with him, but now it's for a different reason. Can't really say much without knowing what her reaction will be when she know the truth about her memory loss. Aslong as they don't do something stupid like the power of love defeats the geass on her and she gets her memories back, I don't think it would bother me that much if something happened between them. It would make sense that during the timeskip she would have seen photos of them doing stuff together, and the school council members probably questioned her alot and told her how she liked him.

Nunnally:
I think it is safe to say there won't be an incest ending. Of course they always make jokes about it and they are very close, but that's just anime for you. Romance isn't what drives the plot in CG so there is no time for an angsty I love my sibling story. Even so, if Lelouch seriously wanted a romantic and sexual relationship with Nunnally and made a move on her, I honestly believe she would not refuse him. She is very afraid of him leaving her, so I think she would do anything to keep him. Nunnally will most likely be playing the damsel in distress for atleast half the season.

C.C:
I like the relationship C.C and Lelouch have now, a close partnership. I can't see any romance between them in season 1, but I could see tham having casual sex together. That's the impression I had of them, kind of like they lick eachother's wounds until they find someone else.

Milly:
I guess Milly is the only other possible partner for Lelouch. I really like Milly, but they did not develop any of her feelings at all in season 1. It's hinted in a drama cd or light novel (can't remember which) and that's it. I think it would feel forced if they put them together, they would need to do flashbacks of them meeting and stuff about her parents trying to marry them to get their family's high noble status back. Milly probably wants to marry him, but I think she is afraid that Lelouch would think she is using him as a political tool and would lose him as friend. I guess we will know if Milly is a viable option early in s2, she might be already married to Lloyd.

Kaguya:
She's so cute how could anyone not marry her

The real problem is Sunrise decided to have Lelouch display no feelings towards any girl in season 1 (hence all the faggot jokes). So it's likely the romance will feel forced.
Old 2008-01-06, 12:05   Link #257
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think Nunnally, Millay, and Kaguya are relationships that aren't really likely to happen at all. The incest ending sure isn't happening, Millay's attraction really only appeared in the one sound episode like you said, and I think the thing with Kaguya was done more for laughs than anything.

Shirley could possibly happen depending on what went on during the timeskip. Though I'd not really like if the two of them had a relationship during the timeskip because it would just have to end with everything going on. She is sort of his connection to his regular life and I don't see it continuing.

As for Kallen, not really sure. There is definately going to be a trust issue at the start.

With C.C., I don't really see her finding someone else since that would be very hard for her given the whole witch thing and how she has been alone all her life.

The romance was purposely absent because they wanted to show Lelouch's goals. Depending on how it is applied, it may not feel too forced.

In any case, Lelouch being alone is seeming more likely for some reason.
Old 2008-01-06, 12:21   Link #258
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

CC is immortal. Lelouche and her have some pact and some intense bond but they aren't into each other like that. CC acts like Lelouche's sick and twisted grandmother or sister. There is no hint at some relationship there.

Karen and Lelouche. She's human, she's hinted to be just like his mom, they have the same interests, CC would approve. She rides in a Red robot. Red, the power color. Karen is as dumb as Lois Lane. Lelouche practically gives away his secret identity in every scene they share together. She was in denial. She's subconsciously known who Zero has been. She wants Lelouche to unmask himself, to show her he trusts her. She shows the affection she can't display to Lelouche to Zero in the form of intense loyalty. It's a common occurence with masked heroes. All he has to do is make out with her and all is fixed.

Shirley represents his past self. The girl he would have ended up with if he would have accepted his fate went on to live a quiet life. Shirley will learn to live without him and they'll remain good friends. That is all.

Milly is more like Lelouche's cousin. She doesn't care about becoming a noble, she wants a normal life. Her fiance seems to be into another chick. Nothing there.

The Karen relationship would be the most loaded, the most prone to drama, and thus would have to be delayed a bit since it will take over the show. Thus. . . it is the most likely. You know the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken is happening. How else can you setup a make out scene in a giant robot cockpit, crying girlfriend on the battlefield, one giant robot holding another one in its arms, etc? Why else put Karen in the show if she aren't willing to exploit all the possible material?
Old 2008-01-06, 12:59   Link #259
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe they intend on putting her with someone else? Honestly, SuzakuXKallen always seemed more likely to me, but the problem there is that Suzaku would have to get over Euphemia which doesn't seem all that likely. I don't think she was in denial, she just didn't see the option as viable later on when she got to know both of them. And romance will never take over the show. And Taniguchi is never going to do anything like that. This is Code Geass, not G Gundam.

And there are hints at LelouchXC.C., but just hints. Same with Kallen. This was purposely done. And the immortality thing could potentially be solved, but anything is possible.

Perhaps they'll go the safe route and have him end up alone.
Old 2008-01-06, 13:12   Link #260
Eryna

I voted for Lelouch x C.C. <3
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance