AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 47 22.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 13.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 22.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 25 11.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 3.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 4.27%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-14, 10:05   Link #241
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I am still having trouble to digest how did Clare instantly recognized the Yoki belonging to Priscilla.

Ok. I'll admit that I'm a jerk to plainly overlook that she took Teresa's blood and flesh from the head. Teresa fought Priscilla; she sense her yoki; she felt her yoki.

Teresa already had Priscilla's yoki processed and memorized throughout all her cells. Logic states then that when Clare became a hybrid from Teresa's flesh she also did inherit the knowledge of Priscilla's yoki as well.

While in spoiler tags I am proposing a farfetch'd and totally different theory from the one above it does makes sense if you carefully paid attention to what you saw on episode one.
Spoiler:
Its not as complicated as your making it.Well its pretty much the same way Priscilla recongized Teresa's yoki. Even though it was not her Priscilla mistakes Clare for her. Since Clare obtained Teresa flesh in order to become a Claymore she has has traces of her powers which has been show plenty of times. ITs that reallysurprising that Clare knew exactly whose yoki it was when Priscilla finally snapped out of her memory loss. Even if Clare was hit by Priscilla's yoki in the past she was still human it would not have mattered
Old 2007-09-14, 11:17   Link #242
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Its not as complicated as your making it.Well its pretty much the same way Priscilla recongized Teresa's yoki. Even though it was not her Priscilla mistakes Clare for her. Since Clare obtained Teresa flesh in order to become a Claymore she has has traces of her powers which has been show plenty of times. ITs that reallysurprising that Clare knew exactly whose yoki it was when Priscilla finally snapped out of her memory loss. Even if Clare was hit by Priscilla's yoki in the past she was still human it would not have mattered
Or maybe she just recognized youki stronger than even that of Riful ?
Old 2007-09-14, 11:53   Link #243
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Yeah, she coulda thought 'Wow, it has to be her, no one else could be this strong'. Though admittedly that wasn't what first sprang to my mind when i saw the scene.

Old 2007-09-14, 12:58   Link #244
hamstar
just passing by

i dont have all the details but from the screens i saw......

w t f.

can anyone pm me exactly wtf happened this time?
Old 2007-09-14, 13:05   Link #245
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
I think the problem that many people who read the manga are now dealing with is that the latest Extra chapter put Ligardes', Isley's and Priscilla's strength into a rather solid perspective (Not sure about others, but I'm still unsure where Priscilla even caps off). This makes the anime seem rather ridiculous with the amount of power Clare is gaining, and how weak everyone else seems to be. Even my friend, who has made every effort to avoid reading the manga before the anime is finished, made a comment on how silly it all seems right now.

Comments like these make me realize how badly Madhouse is handling the whole strength issue. I mean Ligardes is nowhere near as strong as Isley, and Priscilla is even stronger than him. At the current course the anime is taking, they're going to have to dumb-down Priscilla incredibly... may even make her seem weaker than when she fought Teresa.
If you think a little about it, maybe it's the manga (Gasp!) that has it wrong. And yes I've read it.
I mean, here is how it goes:

Manga: Clare confronts a vilain that is 100x stronger than she is. Recovers initial serious beating (Church, Moutain male awakened, Riful, Ophelia, Rigald...etc.), and prevails ... somehow.

Anime: Makes it clear that Clare has been starting to tap in Teresa's potential, thus realizing what the organization had envisionned (and you know this even moreso if you have read the manga). By going borderline awakened, she can tap more and more into that potential, until the point that she "might" surpass even Teresa (we all know that a hybrid is stronger than the two originals he/she had been made with, or at lerast that is the base of the series).

The anime is starting to make more sense to me tbh.
Old 2007-09-14, 13:19   Link #246
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Yeah, they just ran off and left the other claymores to die :P
Clare will be pissed! Well, you saw Jean's look on her face with Raki. She's thinking, "I've got this humongous hole on my tummy, screw this crap". Besides, with the amount of blood she lost, how the hell can she be standing like that? She's got Clare syndrome and needs to get a life.
Raki: "so , Jean...you're into drills, huh?'
Old 2007-09-14, 14:02   Link #247
flick
電脳コイル'd

Don't have a problem with Clare recognising Priscilla (or rather the Yoki) instantly. She's geared herself for many years to fight Priscilla, so it would be surprising if she hadn't realised.
Old 2007-09-14, 14:06   Link #248
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
If you think a little about it, maybe it's the manga (Gasp!) that has it wrong. And yes I've read it.
I mean, here is how it goes:

Manga: Clare confronts a vilain that is 100x stronger than she is. Recovers initial serious beating (Church, Moutain male awakened, Riful, Ophelia, Rigald...etc.), and prevails ... somehow.

Anime: Makes it clear that Clare has been starting to tap in Teresa's potential, thus realizing what the organization had envisionned (and you know this even moreso if you have read the manga). By going borderline awakened, she can tap more and more into that potential, until the point that she "might" surpass even Teresa (we all know that a hybrid is stronger than the two originals he/she had been made with, or at lerast that is the base of the series).

The anime is starting to make more sense to me tbh.
I like your theroy very much and i have held off on reading the manga since i dont want it to effect what i see in the anime while im watching it. But the one thing i really agree on is that a hybrid is usually stronger than the 2 originals and from the spoilers from the manga i have read a lot of it makes sense. Clares power build up has happen over the course of series not in 3 or 4 episodes. The potential was there she just needed to learn how to control it. Which is why i have some hope that she might be able to revert back to human form. Maybe the org. wanted to make Claymores that could awaken and recieve all the benefits that go with it but could return to human form afterwards. This would be an extremly powerful fighting force with out having to deal with the buisness of awakend beings that go off chowing down on people. There has got to be a reason why they kept her alive all this time and it has to be the potenial power up that she recieved from being fused with what remained of Teresa. Granted its just a theory but sometimes the simplest answers are the ones that make sense in the end.

Good job man now im really dying for next episode Sigh a whole week before i can caure my Claymoreides
Old 2007-09-14, 14:22   Link #249
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im just waiting for Raki and Jene to meet to Esley and he will spout something about being impotent. How do they reply you ask
Spoiler for Raki and Jean BFF's:
Spoiler for Spoiler for ep 25 :D:
Old 2007-09-14, 15:23   Link #250
superzombie23

I thought the volcano thing was stupid and hilarious lol. There must have been some Zelda/LotR fans on the episode team, since they made it look like Hyrule, and there's a Death Mountain/Mt. Doom on the edge of the map from the view of the Claymores' running toward it. I guess Pieta is supposed to be like Kakariko Village. Couldn't think of a better place to fight where the one ring can be destroyed :P? I guess they're going for a final Raki scene where he's stupid enough to go to the crater and yell at Clare, and Clare or him or Priscilla will probably fall in the volcano and die after some emotional scene, then the volcano will erupt, and that's pretty much the start of the epilogue. More filler plz
Old 2007-09-14, 15:37   Link #251
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
I thought the volcano thing was stupid and hilarious lol. There must have been some Zelda/LotR fans on the episode team, since they made it look like Hyrule, and there's a Death Mountain/Mt. Doom on the edge of the map from the view of the Claymores' running toward it. I guess Pieta is supposed to be like Kakariko Village. Couldn't think of a better place to fight where the one ring can be destroyed :P? I guess they're going for a final Raki scene where he's stupid enough to go to the crater and yell at Clare, and Clare or him or Priscilla will probably fall in the volcano and die after some emotional scene, then the volcano will erupt, and that's pretty much the start of the epilogue. More filler plz
If those two are fighting to the death inside the volcano, I thought more of it as in Revenge of the Sith but having Clare standing on higher grounds while snarling at Priscilla in monster madness glory.
Old 2007-09-14, 15:54   Link #252
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Hey, maybe with the blizzard priscilla was just cold. She isn't wearing much you know.

Old 2007-09-14, 16:03   Link #253
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
If those two are fighting to the death inside the volcano, I thought more of it as in Revenge of the Sith but having Clare standing on higher grounds while snarling at Priscilla in monster madness glory.
LMAO

Spoiler for Revenge of the Claymores:
Old 2007-09-14, 16:55   Link #254
Ace_Sky

Claymore! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Damnit, Claymore is turning into Dragonball. The whole pacing after episode 20, it's like they went from gradually getting powerful to all out over 9000 points powerful!

This is my favorite anime of all time! Plz don't ruin it like this! Everything up to episode 18 or 19 is a masterpiece.

By the rate they're going, the anime might end with season 1! I know they just wanna follow the manga, but I think they're trying to cram everything into one season! Which makes the pacing seem like, everything was gradual until the last few episodes, everyone's super powerful! C'mon u don't have to follow the manga!
Old 2007-09-14, 17:24   Link #255
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
I thought the volcano thing was stupid and hilarious lol.
May be they read all the complains here about video being too dark, so they add some big light source.
Old 2007-09-14, 17:35   Link #256
Elandyll

Quote:

Damnit, Claymore is turning into Dragonball.
No, just no ... For your punishment, you shall watch the whole Namek and Cell storylines (if we can even talk about a story) to remind you WHAT DBZ actually IS. I am talking about a power-up that can last 2 episodes, a single fight that can span over 5-7 episodes and intros resuming what happened that can take up to half the episode, not counting the trash talking before a fight that can take 2-3 episodes before the actual fight begins. In between, you have people flying to the places they are going to fight at.

Quote:
The whole pacing after episode 20, it's like they went from gradually getting powerful to all out over 9000 points powerful!
How is that different from the manga exaclty? In the manga they do it by becoming more monstruous (mostly same case in anime), and in the anime more by taping in their Yoki, but when we look down to it, it's the same thing, and same result. Case in point Clare fighting the Male Awakened in the Mountains after meeting Miria and co. That was an awesome episode/chapter to be sure, but very much DBZ in its design (e.g. Clare seemingly beaten, but at the last moment using Teresa's trick "Over 9000!" and walking toward the awakened...), aside from the fact that it would have spanned 4-5 mangas and 13 episodes in Toriyama's serie.

Quote:
This is my favorite anime of all time! Plz don't ruin it like this! Everything up to episode 18 or 19 is a masterpiece.
And it still is, at least for most people I'd say. Straying from the manga isn't the end of the world, msot people knew they would head toward a Clare/ Pris confrontation that hasn't happened in the manga and probably won't for a while.

Quote:
By the rate they're going, the anime might end with season 1!
Given that there isn't enough material for a second season, and unless MH goes totally "west of eden" with the story, yup, it is the last season for a looong time.

Quote:
I know they just wanna follow the manga, but I think they're trying to cram everything into one season! Which makes the pacing seem like, everything was gradual until the last few episodes, everyone's super powerful! C'mon u don't have to follow the manga!
No, they do not "just want to follow the manga". Their job is to make a good TV serie from one end to the other, with a satisfying conclusion that won't force viewers to go read the manga to know what happens. If you want to pick it up anyway, all the better of course.
They have to wrap it up, with no second season in sight. That is the dilemna.

P.S. about the volcano: My take on it is that Pris chose that ground as it very well could be the highest mountain around, same as the place she fought Teresa seemed to be the highest ground around the city they were at. Something about closing the circle?
Old 2007-09-14, 17:35   Link #257
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lawl...I think im the only one who thinks that the random volcano eruption was a stroke of genius next lets have them both pluge into lava and battle it out there ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-14, 18:27   Link #258
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Who knows... maybe the Anime ending is a spoiler for how the Manga ends. Give or take a few characters, the time line and the locations.
Old 2007-09-14, 18:31   Link #259
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Who knows... maybe the Anime ending is a spoiler for how the Manga ends. Give or take a few characters, the time line and the locations.
Well, the objective of the series is how and when Clare takes Prissy's head so you could be right. This could be a preview of things to come...hopefully, minus the cheesy volcano.
Old 2007-09-14, 19:42   Link #260
LaiShin

Anyone know what song/music was played in the volcano scene?
Closed Thread