AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-14, 01:27   Link #241
Used Can

I'd still like a TN project for the PS2 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
It's technically an alternate universe, not really tied to Clannad (not even the Tomoyo route, which TA takes liberties with) and isn't a sequel or prequel or really made to be seen in relation to the events of that visual novel.
Legally speaking, TA is not related to Clannad. However, in practise (i.e. story-wise) it works as a sequel. Maeda said that much in an interview, which was summarised at Moon Phase. I remember checking the entry in Moon Phase last year, but I can no longer find it, the closer thing I could find as a source for it was this post.
Old 2009-04-14, 02:46   Link #242
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
does anyone have any news about the translation project and its status or anything... been searching around and can't find anything significant

thanks in advance
Old 2009-04-18, 19:20   Link #243
Justin Kim
*Artist

Just go to baka-tsuki. They provide the links towards Velocity7's translation site. I don't think the translation has been going well. They have a lot of inactive users right now, and some have just stopped. Guess we need to wait another 2 years or so.
Old 2009-04-20, 18:53   Link #244
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

For those who care:

Just got my hands on the PSP version of Tomoyo After. It not only retains the extended scenario found on the PS2 version, but Tomoya is now fully voiced by youknowwho.

Moreover, a KEY memorial box edition for PC due to release on July of this year will also include Tomoyo After all-age edition with full voiced characters (including Tomoya) and extended scenario.

- Tak (Somehow I think Key is trying to rewrite their earlier version released in 2005)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-20, 19:58   Link #245
prnoct90

When you say youknowho do you mean the anime Tomoya? I hope so!
Old 2009-04-20, 20:02   Link #246
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
When you say youknowho do you mean the anime Tomoya? I hope so!
Yuuichi Nakamura, so yes the anime Tomoya.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-20, 20:07   Link #247
Tak

Yes, its Nakamura. Just as Kuwashima reprised her role as Tomoyo

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-20, 21:06   Link #248
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yes, its Nakamura. Just as Kuwashima reprised her role as Tomoyo

- Tak
Crap...Have to say I preferred Ryoko Tanaka better as Tomoyo. Keep Nakamura, he's a good Tomoya

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-04-20, 21:13   Link #249
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Crap...Have to say I preferred Ryoko Tanaka better as Tomoyo. Keep Nakamura, he's a good Tomoya
I don't know, after comparing all 3 VAs, Isshiki, Tanaka and Kuwashima, I have to say Kuwashima has her voice dead-on. She is the only person who did her character right, imo.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-20 at 22:55.
Old 2009-04-21, 10:13   Link #250
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Isshiki and Tanaka are the same person you know.
Old 2009-04-21, 11:33   Link #251
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Lol, so true.

I say that Kuwashima fitted Tomoyo in Clannad, but "growing up" in Tomoyo after, I say Hikaru isshiki is superior.

Old 2009-04-21, 13:24   Link #252
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Obviously I don't.

Tracking various stage names of VAs is just not a hobby of mine. On the other hand, Kuwashima really pins down Tomoyo's ambivalence towards how she should act in front of Tomoya (more womanly or just as she is).

And her voice fits Tomoyo's speech patterns perfectly. Isshiki is not bad, but Kuwashima is better.

- Tak

Old 2009-04-21, 19:56   Link #253
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
For those who care:

Just got my hands on the PSP version of Tomoyo After. It not only retains the extended scenario found on the PS2 version, but Tomoya is now fully voiced by youknowwho.

Moreover, a KEY memorial box edition for PC due to release on July of this year will also include Tomoyo After all-age edition with full voiced characters (including Tomoya) and extended scenario.

- Tak (Somehow I think Key is trying to rewrite their earlier version released in 2005)
Really? They are changing the ending or does it include that as another optional ending? That would really suck if they would try and change maeda's real end.
Old 2009-04-21, 19:57   Link #254
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Really? They are changing the ending or does it include that as another optional ending? That would really suck if they would try and change maeda's real end.
Agreed, I preferred the original scenario a lot more than the other adaptations.

Old 2009-04-21, 23:57   Link #255
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Agreed, I preferred the original scenario a lot more than the other adaptations.
Well, its which ever end suits your fancy. Besides, there is no they, so they won't be changing anything. Maeda and Kashida both dictated the additional scenarios for Tomoyo After PS2 re-release. So all the changes (or more precisely, add-ons) were the result of Maeda & Kahsinda's decision.

Although keep in mind that the 2005 version of Tomoyo After is no longer being produced. All the adaptations and re-releases will now be based on the extra scenario sans the H content version first released for the Playstation 2, making it all-ages. The PSP and PC re-releases will now include extra scenarios, both the sad ending and the happy ending in addition to Tomoya being fully voiced. Likewise, Planetarian will also include a fully voiced protagonist.

However, the original Clannad, Air & Kanon for PC, which will be re-released alongside Planetarian & Tomoyo After all-ages with KEY's memorial box, will not include a fully-voiced protagonist. Unless something changes along the way, as the release date is still 3 months away.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-22 at 00:41.
Old 2009-04-22, 15:13   Link #256
newbie461

Umm.... I'm quite confused about this "Tomoyo After". Is it a different game? I downloaded Clannad[Full Voice] which I believe came from the PS2. However when I was finished with the Tomoyo route the ending I got was

Spoiler for Clannad:
Old 2009-04-22, 15:33   Link #257
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Tomoyo After" is a seperate game from "Clannad". It is a more indepth story about Tomoyo and Tomoya's lives after Tomoya graduates. It has some arcs for various people in Tomoyo's family.
Old 2009-04-22, 15:48   Link #258
newbie461

Is there also a translation patch for it?
Old 2009-04-22, 15:52   Link #259
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie461 View Post
Umm.... I'm quite confused about this "Tomoyo After". Is it a different game? I downloaded Clannad[Full Voice] which I believe came from the PS2. However when I was finished with the Tomoyo route the ending I got was

Spoiler for Clannad:
Hmm, not quite. Didn't take a year before they reconciled.

At the end of Clannad, Tomoya was en route to graduation. While leaving school one day, Tomoyo was actually waiting for him. She convinced Tomoya to stop running away and come back with her. Besides, she never wanted to break up in the first place. The epilogue shows that Tomoya started working at a recycling center, going to see Tomoyo, now a 3rd year student introducing her brother to the school.

Tomoyo After continues that route from Clannad, but it is a separate game.

At this time, there is no fan-made patch for it. The game is also R-18. However, the PS2 version is all-ages and has additional scenarios to choose from.

- Tak

Old 2009-04-22, 16:37   Link #260
newbie461

Ah... I thought it was a year later since it was winter... Now I just remembered that the game starts in April >_>

Well, I really liked the Tomoyo route... I guess I won't be playing Tomoyo After until an English patch comes out. Thanks for the info.
Closed Thread