AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 45 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-03, 20:29   Link #241
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Seeing that scene again made me sad all over again, i always thought yea you gloat now that she has lost her powers and shes easier to kill but her daughter will be the salvation of all you. Arika was nice not to take revenge later on that shows true character. But i still shed a tear seeing her mum die BASTARDS
That leads me to a question. Did Arika ever find out that they were responsible for her mom's death. How did she react?
Old 2008-04-03, 22:00   Link #242
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Yes, she did find out. Rad flat-out admitted it.
Old 2008-04-03, 23:17   Link #243
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
I watched it, finally!

As for the dates mentioned before, then assuming that Sifr's mother died not so long ago, it would be like that (approximately):

A.R. 281 - War of the Dragon King
A.R. 305 - Otome 0 takes place, Sifr is 14, Lena 16
A.R. 318 - Sifr is 27, Lena's 29, they die. Arika and Nina are 1
A.R. 332 - Otome TV takes place, Arika and Nina are 14

It's quite simple. I like dates ^^
Except the Otome TV series gives Nina/Arika/Mashiro's birth year as 325, which would mean Otome starts about year 340. That's iffy for reasons I already mentioned: namely that it would make Kiddo/"John Smith" waaay too old in Otome, as the official Sifr website gives his age as 19, which means that if the dates between Sifr and Otome are consistent, he'd be almost 60 during Otome. There's just no way that's correct based on his appearance during Otome--for comparison, the "John Smith" of Sifr is 50. Look at him, then look at "John Smith" in Otome. Does Otome's "John Smith" look like he's older than Sifr's "John Smith"? Hell no.

Quote:
Oh, and a few fast observations: Lena looks like 25 already, her maid outfit is awful.
That's anime for you. It would make a lot more sense for her to be 25, but that would turn off all the teenage boys that make up Otome's target audience: "Christmas cakes" aren't hot and sexy. Same reason none of the female characters in Otome are over 23, except for Miss Maria.

Quote:
Aaaaand one more thing :P Maybe the Sifr's eye colour will change permanently after the end of story? It would explaing the situation.
Since they went and gave Bruce Nina's eyes, presumably she's inheriting them from him now. Sifr also has dark brown hair in the few flashbacks you can see her clearly in during Otome, so it's a safe bet that Sunrise isn't being consistent with her character design between Sifr and Otome--Bruce looks very different, too.
Old 2008-04-04, 00:23   Link #244
Jimmy C

No no no, they weren't born in 325. That's when Nina was found by Sergay. She was already a few yours old by then.
Old 2008-04-04, 01:11   Link #245
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
No no no, they weren't born in 325. That's when Nina was found by Sergay. She was already a few yours old by then.
Exactly, someone mentioned it before

Still, John Smith/Kiddo in that case would be around 45 in TV. That's the age I can believe he is (tho he looks 10 years younger )

Too bad there's no age written in TV character profiles on the official website.

Damn you Sunrise for all your inconsistency. Again.

--EDIT

Btw, I just noticed that the War of 12 Kingdoms took place 300 years ago. Then they probably started counting from 0 after that.
Yeah, I know, it's pretty obvious, but I had to write it here

Last edited by AceMan; 2008-04-04 at 01:28.
Old 2008-04-04, 06:22   Link #246
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Yes, she did find out. Rad flat-out admitted it.
So then how did she react?
Old 2008-04-04, 07:44   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
So then how did she react?
She reacted only the way Arika could. Its been a while since iv seen Otome, but basically she forgave him instead going Seed on his ass. After Rad admitted it, he in not so many words apologized and basically said Arika could take revenge if she wanted to. But they had bigger things to worry about with Nagi. Arika is not the type to seek revenge its not in her nature.

In the end she got her wish she became an Otome just like her mother and her mother was able to see her before she destroyed the surrogate system that had desecrated her body to this day i hate both Rad and that little twerp Nagi.
Old 2008-04-04, 13:20   Link #248
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
and her mother was able to see her before she destroyed the surrogate system
Umm... I doubt she could see her considering she was already dead...
Old 2008-04-04, 17:19   Link #249
solarknight123

Quote:
She reacted only the way Arika could. Its been a while since iv seen Otome, but basically she forgave him instead going Seed on his ass. After Rad admitted it, he in not so many words apologized and basically said Arika could take revenge if she wanted to. But they had bigger things to worry about with Nagi. Arika is not the type to seek revenge its not in her nature.

In the end she got her wish she became an Otome just like her mother and her mother was able to see her before she destroyed the surrogate system that had desecrated her body to this day i hate both Rad and that little twerp Nagi.
Man i can understand not seeking revenge what so ever, but not even getting at least a bit mad? Typical arika.
Old 2008-04-05, 11:21   Link #250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Umm... I doubt she could see her considering she was already dead...
Check the scene when Arika finally manages to make it into the tower. There is a tube in there you dont really see anything but Arika is telling her mom about how she became an Otome and does it look good on her. You see some bubbles and Arika say" Are you in pain?" Mashiro looks at the tube and starts crying (at this point you can assume her body is in the tube because Mashiro wouldnt have made the face she did Arika would not be talking to thin air). Mashiro then orders Arika to destroy the tube afterwards you see a ghost like image of Rena hugging Arika. Right after that the tower explodes and we see Arika's zwei form for the first time. We didnt see Rena's body but Mashiro and Arika did. Its almost the same thing that happen to Fumi, her body is encased and hooked up to machines thats how she can produce gems. Nagi used Renas body to create the surrogate system which if you think about is pretty damn sick.
Old 2008-04-05, 15:04   Link #251
AceMan
Observer

Yeah, I know, the body was in the tube. Mashiro saw it, Arika talked to it, okay. But it doesn't mean that the body was ALIVE.

Or was it?

I don't remember any discussion about it, but does the body of an Otome has to be kept alive somehow to use it as the nanomachines factory?

Now that I think about it - Lena died, we've seen her coffin in Rad's retrospection.
But in order to produce something, the body has to be alive I guess (I haven't had a biology classes for a long time... :P).

So... did Schwarz do some nasty trick to ressurrect Lena? :/
Old 2008-04-05, 17:38   Link #252
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Yeah, I know, the body was in the tube. Mashiro saw it, Arika talked to it, okay. But it doesn't mean that the body was ALIVE.

Or was it?

I don't remember any discussion about it, but does the body of an Otome has to be kept alive somehow to use it as the nanomachines factory?

Now that I think about it - Lena died, we've seen her coffin in Rad's retrospection.
But in order to produce something, the body has to be alive I guess (I haven't had a biology classes for a long time... :P).

So... did Schwarz do some nasty trick to ressurrect Lena? :/
Im not sure about the body actually being alive, personally i dont think so. Fumi is not alive she died a long time ago but she is still a Gem factory. Im guessing modifications can be made to the body as for the nano machines maybe they can still work without a living a body they are machines after all. They basically dug up her body to use for their own purposes. The biology of how it all works was never revealed to us. It might be one of those things we just take in faith. Like how the spirit of Lena was released after the tube was destroyed and hugged Arika, its just implied.

We all know that Lena was a monster of Otome her power was off the scale. But she lost her powers because she gave birth to Arika. Technically the nano machines should no longer be functioning. But that does not mean her potential was erased. So as to the whole proceeder and how it works I dont know, i was just trying to say the scene was nice because Arika finally got to show her mother that she followed in her footsteps and became an Otome and inherited her Gem as well.

Hell imagine what they would have done if they managed to get a hold on Fumi's body?
Old 2008-04-05, 18:15   Link #253
encia

Quote:
Seeing that scene again made me sad all over again, i always thought yea you gloat now that she has lost her powers and shes easier to kill but her daughter will be the salvation of all you. Arika was nice not to take revenge later on that shows true character. But i still shed a tear seeing her mum die BASTARDS
During Sifi Ep01, Lena just lets the Aswads runaway… It’s too bad the Aswads didn’t do the same thing.
Old 2008-04-05, 23:44   Link #254
Same_Shark

Quote:
We all know that Lena was a monster of Otome her power was off the scale. But she lost her powers because she gave birth to Arika. Technically the nano machines should no longer be functioning. But that does not mean her potential was erased.
That's true. Rad did say that even though she was powerless and injured, she still put up a good fight.
Old 2008-04-06, 16:24   Link #255
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Nagi used Renas body to create the surrogate system which if you think about is pretty damn sick.
Ehe... well, if you put it in this way we could say that the whole Shinso system is kind of sick, since it's based on the same principle.
The Schwarz just substituted the body of Fumi with the one of Lena, but the system remained the same.
It also probably incorrect to say that the body it's still alive. On a more scientific base it's quite safely to assume that the Garderobe produces nanomachines and GEM from Fumi (and later Lena) DNA, while the corpse probably works like a biological interface between the core computer (the server) and all the GEMs (the clients).
Or, it's a biological computer in itself.
Old 2008-04-06, 17:32   Link #256
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Ehe... well, if you put it in this way we could say that the whole Shinso system is kind of sick, since it's based on the same principle.
The Schwarz just substituted the body of Fumi with the one of Lena, but the system remained the same.
It also probably incorrect to say that the body it's still alive. On a more scientific base it's quite safely to assume that the Garderobe produces nanomachines and GEM from Fumi (and later Lena) DNA, while the corpse probably works like a biological interface between the core computer (the server) and all the GEMs (the clients).
Or, it's a biological computer in itself.
Yea the whole system was pretty sick and i felt that way when i watched the series and i still feel it now. Fumi might be an exception but with Lena it was completely desecration of the dead which is why when Mashiro ordered Arika to destroy the system i was happy. As emotional as Arika was during that moment i dont think she could have done it with out the order.

Human biological interface is interesting. It reminds me of the book sereis Dune (dont know whos faimilar with it) But there is a race in that series that uses women wombs in this kind of way its pretty damn sick when you start talking about using biological interfaces with machines.
Old 2008-04-06, 17:37   Link #257
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
Fumi might be an exception
Ermm... why?
Old 2008-04-06, 18:30   Link #258
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Well, Fumi could have freely donated her body to make the Shinso work, while Lena had no choice whatsoever. On the other hand, we could say that since she was dead, it is incorrect to assume that they were hurting her.

Anyway, yeah, I remember that stuff in Dune, don't know in which book exactly it is, though.
But more at her wombs I was thinking at her brain as an interface, maybe a brain modified by nanomachines so to be able to connect to various clients and to be used as an advanced server. While her germline cells are used in a lab to reproduce indefinitely nanomachines. All things considering it's what they are designed for in the normal human reproduction.
This would explain why the core of the Shinso must be the body of an Otome, but not why they need an Otome who has given birth in particular. Aww... this is bugging me so much :-P
Old 2008-04-06, 20:20   Link #259
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
I remember that after Arika destroyed her mom's body that Miyu said something along the lines of Rena finally being able to pass on to the next world.

With the tube filled with liquid, the fact that Rena's body wasn't decayed (well what little could be seen of it ) and all the machinery, maybe it was possible that they were keeping Rena "alive" artificially? Like how you can keep someone who's dead on life support.
Old 2008-04-07, 01:00   Link #260
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Possible if we hadn't see her coffin before, I think. And then, if the Shinso and the Schwarz system works in the same way (and everything we see suggest it), they wouldn't need her technically alive.
When I saw that scene I thought that the destruction of the body should be like the surrogate of a burial and, with the corpse finally turned to ashes (mush like it happens in a regular Shintoist funeral), the spirit is finally free. This would explain the words of Miyu and Mashiro.
Closed Thread