1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.14%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-25, 14:12   Link #241
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
How do they plan on keeping all these people safe and feeding them though?
Pizzas, of course! Compact (meaning: you can store lots of them on the island), full of nutrients and displaying the renowned Pizza Hut brand! What else could you hope for?
I think I saw bunkers on the floating island, so most of the refugees could also take shelter there, although I must concede it's nowhere near the realistic capacity to house one million people. Oh, well...
Quote:
What's going to happen with Viletta and Rolo though? They certainly don't seem to be coming along, but I can't think we'll just leave them. Well, Rolo may come I suppose. I hope Viletta actually gains some of her freedom back since it's a bit sad to see Lelouch treat her like that.

It seems we got confirmation V.V. gave Rolo his geass though.
I imagine the surveillance operation practically short-circuited itself thanks to its unusually high amount of secrecy - I mean, if no one is supposed to know anything about the op, then there is no reason to broadcast its existence or its activities beyond the acceptable amount of chatter.
Therefore, there is no reason to report Rollo's relocation to China (he didn't need to board the iceberg for that - he just had to buy a plane ticket) or announce the entire thing is terminated. I imagine Villetta will keep (for her own sake) on sending false reports to whoever she answers to, so that no one will question Lelouch's whereabouts or her own actions. If anything, she could always say to her peers in Tokyo that another team is handling the surveillance the moment he leaves Area 11 and let him go.

Of course, I doubt it'll end at that but unless she decides to tag along (be it to find Ougi again or try to apprehend Zero on her own to end the catch-22 she got herself in), she'll be waiting her ass off in Tokyo and biting her nails hoping Lelouch won't let any crucial information...'slip'.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-05-25 at 14:35.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:15   Link #242
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It's possible I suppose, but the voice is completely different and I think someone would notice. I hope she would change back if that were the case though. I miss Cornelia actually.

I found the whole candle scene rather nice as well as the scene at the end.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:21   Link #243
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I don't mean to be a nitpicker, but technically it should be the Code of Hammurabi - the first one, IIRC, to etch out the quid pro quo principle.
Oh, sorry my bad,thanks for correcting me
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:30   Link #244
Silver Soul
Banned

By the way was it Lelouch/Zero who wrote Euphie (sorry can't remember her full name) next to Nunnally's candle at the end
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:32   Link #245
Ddadain
Autumn winds are good~

Facts:
ALL Geass powers have limitations

Having said that, we can assume that Lelouch's Geass power has limitations of its own, for example, its range and the usability.

Flashback to the giant pizza episode where Lelouch geassed the girl to carve crosses in the wall, EVERYDAY. Now, from last season we know that some time has passed from when Lelouch got geassed by the emperor and the events of the pizza episode. Judging by the size of each brick, the height of the wall and that of the arms reach of the girl, the number of crosses made does not constitute a sufficient number of days passed for the girl to have made a cross a day. Now one may argue that the logic of this theory is based on an assumption, one also needs to realize that we're talking about a fictitious story here. I do not think them displaying the crosses and an assassin trying to assassinate Knight of Seven Suzaku thereby triggering his "live" geass to be a coincidence all in themselves. That would either be a very brilliant diversion by the makers or a very brilliant ploy to keep conspiracy theorists like myself interested.

Oh, FYI:
"An eye for an eye" is not "Hannibal's Law" or "Code of Hamurabi" but biblical (Old Testament) dogma. Get facts straight.

Lelouch's departure for China will definitely make people all the more suspicious of his identity, but I don't think that it will solidly reveal his Zero persona to everyone involved. One reason is that he doesn't want to grief his sister, Nunny (my petname for her). Another is it would endanger other people he cares for, as Renegade had said. Another thing is, if his identity was fully known, his other purpose of finding his mother's murderer would become all the more difficult to accomplish as what tends to happen with the perpetrator(s) knows someone dangerous is coming after him/her/them!

I'm sure that finances or accommodation are the least of Lelouch's problems. There's the issue of spies, security, armaments, contingencies, plans, etc. all of which are more deadly that the first two. We also cannot forget that with the Black Knights is "I-am-Zero's-wife" girl... (I hate her) whom, in the past, controlled Japan's lucrative Sakuradite industry. I believe money is no object.

As for him having an army, so on and so forth, I do not believe it's a good move to create one. Meaning to say, a 200k (assuming what renegade said was true) strong army is MUCH harder to organize than a handful. Besides, whatever force he can muster, may it be 200k or may it be 50 million, Britannia will ALWAYS be militarily superior and will crush any head on military encounters against them. Also, we cannot forget that Britannia's full arsenal has NOT been revealed yet. If we think of it, if the emperor has a machine that can destroy a "god", then how trifling a task would it be to destroy an army?
Ddadain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:33   Link #246
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
I wonder if Nunnally's attendent could be Cornelia. Would that mean she had been Geassed by her dad if that was the case?
Are you talking about Miss Lohmeyer (sp?), turquoise dress with pointed glasses? if so, it's quite possible...she's not mentioned at all in the cast credits...maybe to prevent spoilers?
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:37   Link #247
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
By the way was it Lelouch/Zero who wrote Euphie (sorry can't remember her full name) next to Nunnally's candle at the end
It seems that way - wasn't Lelouch seen walking away from that place after all? And who else could it be? The only other possibility I could think of would be Nina...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:37   Link #248
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Yes, he did it earlier in the episode as you saw him walking away after Suzaku noticed it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-25, 14:42   Link #249
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I love how Lelouch's deal with Suzaku involves having him help Nunally take care of Japan in his absence.

That ensures that Suzaku will stay in Japan and not get himself involved in China.

The major h4x that keeps getting in his way has now been dealt with as well.
Old 2008-05-25, 14:48   Link #250
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
Are you talking about Miss Lohmeyer (sp?), turquoise dress with pointed glasses? if so, it's quite possible...she's not mentioned at all in the cast credits...maybe to prevent spoilers?
She's not listed in the credits because she's already listed... Her VA is Akeno Watanabe, aka Villetta.
It's in the official site, too. It's no secret.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:49   Link #251
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Facts:
ALL Geass powers have limitations

Having said that, we can assume that Lelouch's Geass power has limitations of its own, for example, its range and the usability.

Flashback to the giant pizza episode where Lelouch geassed the girl to carve crosses in the wall, EVERYDAY. Now, from last season we know that some time has passed from when Lelouch got geassed by the emperor and the events of the pizza episode. Judging by the size of each brick, the height of the wall and that of the arms reach of the girl, the number of crosses made does not constitute a sufficient number of days passed for the girl to have made a cross a day. Now one may argue that the logic of this theory is based on an assumption, one also needs to realize that we're talking about a fictitious story here. I do not think them displaying the crosses and an assassin trying to assassinate Knight of Seven Suzaku thereby triggering his "live" geass to be a coincidence all in themselves. That would either be a very brilliant diversion by the makers or a very brilliant ploy to keep conspiracy theorists like myself interested.
Its mentioned in a magazine that the reason why the markings on the wall is inconsistent was because Carve-tan was deported back to Britannia along with the rest of the student body (minus the student council). Carve-tan is currently under house arrest because the doctors believe she is suffering from "sleepwalking" since she keeps trying to get back to Japan to carve on a certain wall.

So no, the geass effect hasn't ended yet.
Old 2008-05-25, 14:52   Link #252
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Its mentioned in a magazine that the reason why the markings on the wall is inconsistent was because Carve-tan was deported back to Britannia along with the rest of the student body (minus the student council). Carve-tan is currently under house arrest because the doctors believe she is suffering from "sleepwalking" since she keeps trying to get back to Japan to carve on a certain wall.

So no, the geass effect hasn't ended yet.
Yeah, I heard that. so that single "-" on the wall is simply a red herring... probably <_<.
Old 2008-05-25, 14:58   Link #253
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Yeah, I heard that. so that single "-" on the wall is simply a red herring... probably <_<.
Or they stopped her half-way. Who knows.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 14:58   Link #254
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddadain View Post
Oh, FYI:
"An eye for an eye" is not "Hannibal's Law" or "Code of Hamurabi" but biblical (Old Testament) dogma. Get facts straight.
I don't mean to turn this into a contest but the Code of Hammurabi is quite older than the Old Testament. And as I stated, it's one of the first to introduce the quid pro quo (litterally 'something for something') concept as a 'widely-accepted' law. 'An eye for an eye' is the Bible's way of putting an already established way of getting even.
Quote:
As for him having an army, so on and so forth, I do not believe it's a good move to create one. Meaning to say, a 200k (assuming what renegade said was true) strong army is MUCH harder to organize than a handful. Besides, whatever force he can muster, may it be 200k or may it be 50 million, Britannia will ALWAYS be militarily superior and will crush any head on military encounters against them.
200k is an estimation derived from the rough number of one million. If less than a quarter agrees to back Zero in his fight (and I believe most of them did as I don't think he could've mustered the means to ship everyone off to China unless they were mainly his accomplices/supporters), then it's +/-200k. But there is no official number out yet. Nevertheless, one million, noncombattants included, is still high enough to make the Britannians grit their teeth and wonder who truly won this short-lived pissing contest. Zero and his goons are out, yes, but it still means that more than 200k rebels are now on the loose.
Quote:
Also, we cannot forget that Britannia's full arsenal has NOT been revealed yet. If we think of it, if the emperor has a machine that can destroy a "god", then how trifling a task would it be to destroy an army?
Because there is nothing that either supports the idea that the 'weapon to destroy the gods' can do the same thing to humans...or it could be used like a conventional weapon, even for tactical or strategic purposes. It could very well be an ethereal weapon operating in a realm where the current laws of physics don't apply. Hell, for all we care for, V.V. and Charles might have very well using a metaphor to represent their desire to topple a higher notion of order in this world. We still don't know who or what the God is...or how the Sword of Akasha operates. I don't deny that Britannia has the upper hand right now on the world's balance of power, but this show has made it a point to prove that wits, treachery and carefully laid-out strategy can easily overcome masses of well-trained foes. Even if Lelouch lost his first try at a major uprising and there are worthy opponents out there (such as Schneizel), his mind is still a force to be reckoned with. Even if he can't bring down Britannia, he can still land a serious dent on their worldwide power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I love how Lelouch's deal with Suzaku involves having him help Nunally take care of Japan in his absence.

That ensures that Suzaku will stay in Japan and not get himself involved in China.
Except that...China is close to Japan. And if China gets sucked in a major upheaval, who is going to the fore to try and quell things...if not try to decapitate the Chinese Federation while they're at it?

Suzaku is a Knight. And a Knight worthy of that title and everything it entails...does his King's bidding.
Quote:
The major h4x that keeps getting in his way has now been dealt with as well.
True - Japan is...pacified in a certain way. Not happy but not bloodied either...but letting Zero go away and get the support of the Chinese Federation is no reason let out a deep breath of relief either.
Old 2008-05-25, 15:08   Link #255
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var
Or they stopped her half-way. Who knows.
Yeah, that too, though the point remains then that it's a red herring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
I don't deny that Britannia has the upper hand right now on the world's balance of power, but this show has made it a point to prove that wits, treachery and carefully laid-out strategy can easily overcome masses of well-trained foes. Even if Lelouch lost his first try at a major uprising and there are worthy opponents out there (such as Schneizel), his mind is still a force to be reckoned with. Even if he can't bring down Britannia, he can still land a serious dent on their worldwide power.
True that. If nothing else, perhaps Lelouch can at least stop their expansion war upon the world and/or weaken britannia in several ways, so that they're no longer as much of a danger to the world in general.
Old 2008-05-25, 15:19   Link #256
Var
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, that too, though the point remains then that it's a red herring
Its purpose to is to show us that they were stopped by some outside force; if it was completed you wouldn't have been able to notice. The fact that its incomplete tells us that something happened to stop her.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:22   Link #257
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
True that. If nothing else, perhaps Lelouch can at least stop their expansion war upon the world and/or weaken britannia in several ways, so that they're no longer as much of a danger to the world in general.
Your forgetting that the Emperor is going after the geass ruins.

He's already signed a contract with VV, you just don't break those contracts unless the other party tells or agrees to it. I'm sure the emperor will stop at nothing until he fufills his end of the bargain with VV just as Lelouch will have to with CC.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:23   Link #258
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Its purpose to is to show us that they were stopped by some outside force; if it was completed you wouldn't have been able to notice. The fact that its incomplete tells us that something happened to stop her.
Not necressarilly, one could also have suspected that it meant that her Geass wore off. Of course, this theory was shattered when it was revealed that Carve-tan was still affexted by the geass backon the mainland.
Old 2008-05-25, 15:25   Link #259
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder if the Emperor may have them all by now. I actually never understood how his whole plan wasn't complete by now unless they are hinting with those two planets getting closer that he needed to wait for a certain time.

With Lelouch, I think he still needs to learn what it is he is supposed to do. Unless they worked some deal out where he puts all his time towards her wish after they take care of his.

Old 2008-05-25, 15:28   Link #260
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Your forgetting that the Emperor is going after the geass ruins.

He's already signed a contract with VV, you just don't break those contracts unless the other party tells or agrees to it. I'm sure the emperor will stop at nothing until he fufills his end of the bargain with VV just as Lelouch will have to with CC.
I said "weaken britannia in several ways", and in this I included getting rid of the emperor, V.V. - and probably also also Schneizel. With them gone and someone like, say, Odysseus or even Nunnally (though that is a longshot, but..) in charge of the empire, Britannia has the chance to become a lot more peaceful.