AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 154 42.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 113 31.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 14.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 6.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 1.94%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-01, 01:13   Link #241
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

9/10, I enjoyed the series quite a bit! It had just the right amount of humor and the right amount of sadness mixed in.

The ending was upsetting, it really didn't seem very fitting considering the build-up. However, I'm glad that Kitamura decided to go to America as well. I hope he finds Kano there

I didn't like Kushieda that much, my least favorite character throughout the series, she seemed a bit too over-the-top goofy.

I must say though, I feel so sad for Kawashima. I know she was a beezy, but it was sad, nevertheless, that she was pretty much ignored by the main characters for most of they show (Ryuji can't take hints for crap!! wtf!).

Anyway, I felt it was good overall, glad to have watched it!
Old 2011-05-23, 00:12   Link #242
The Real Yellow

One of my favorite anime's... enough said
Old 2011-08-12, 13:59   Link #243
Shwakoue

Really well done comparing to other anime that I have watched, though I get frustrated over certain things in the anime.
But most of all I throughly enjoyed it! I couldn't stop watching it till I knew what was the end.

The ending is sweet, and the music is AWESOME!

Love it all!
Old 2011-08-17, 04:46   Link #244
Aurine
<Honoka-mi>

Send a message via MSN to Aurine
If there's just continuation... This anime would be the best... Sigh.. However it will be one of my best three!
The plot and the story, including the arts.. is just too good!
International Saimoe? Taiga got my vote XD
Old 2011-11-06, 01:12   Link #245
DemonOfWrath

8/10 here, it was good, but not great. I've watched/read enough stuff to have developed a huge hatred against glaring cliches, and this showed a few really big ones (I'd elaborate but I watched it a few weeks back and I can't be overly bothered), the last 2 or 3 episodes were just rather bad in my opinion (pacing wasn't great, and major plot points and decisions seemingly coming out of nowhere), and I did get suckered into Minori x Ryuuji during the series, which really blunted the last couple of episodes, and that's probably the biggest blow from it being a 9 from me.

Wasn't going into this expecting a harem or anything (I knew how it would end before I even started, and a sledgehammer is far less suble than the first minute of episode 1) and was supporting Ryuuji x Taiga initially, however around eps 9-11 Minori and Ami suddenly became hugely interesting characters (similarly, my interest in Taiga started dropping around the point her father came into the story) and all of a sudden I wanted it to end as, well, anything BUT Ryuuji x Taiga, although I did know I was being stupid as just about every episode had really obvious foreshadowing towards how it would end.

Oh yes, also was disappointed in how Ami basically vanished from the story from ep 11 or so onwards, except for that confrontation with Minori.
Old 2011-11-08, 02:27   Link #246
DorkingtonPugsly

I am so ready for this OVA, and perfect timing too! December (21st i think i is) is when i first watched Toradora so it's going to be wonderful. I think i'm gonna rewatch the series again.
Old 2012-05-19, 22:52   Link #247
snaper20304

I first started watching this show but couldn't get into it. But after while of looking at my list of anime I need to watch I decided to continue. I could not stop watching it. It was so great. When taiga left at the end I was like "No, you just ruined the whole show for me" but then found out the website I was watching it on cut the ending. After taiga came back and show ended I still felt like it wasn't complete. I wish the show could go on. I really really feel like there should have been more episodes. But whatever, 10/10
Old 2012-05-26, 05:23   Link #248
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Absolutely sublime from beginning to end for me, and this is one of the four series I ever gave a perfect 10/10 for. The characters are widely varied and work well together, the story blends together three different genres and excels in every single one, and everything in between like the soundtrack and settings tie things up into a perfect little bow.

The animation does falter here and there, but the main thing to note is that I simply can't put this show down once I start watching it. The characters feel real, and in a story like this, that's absolutely necessary. Thank goodness Toradora can deliver that, along with an awesome soundtrack that I can't seem to put down either.
Old 2012-05-26, 05:42   Link #249
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Taiga is the cutest tsundere out there!!! Love the progress of the couple and love the ending. No regrets!!!!
Old 2012-05-28, 00:18   Link #250
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Currently reading the manga adaptation... it has me setting aside time to watch the anime again. Thanks to NIS America for such a nice R1 edition (despite the initial flub).

And yes, end-game Taiga was thoroughly worth the effort.
Old 2012-07-05, 12:11   Link #251
Otarusama
{ :

So I just got around to seeing Toradora for the first time over winter... and just finished my second run a few nights ago.

Quite possibly my favorite love story in anime/manga of all time.

The kiss scene was perfect: soft and intimate. Outrageously touching scene from one of the best series I have ever watched.

"Mou ichido.."

*manly tears* ;_;
Old 2012-07-05, 22:51   Link #252
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Indeed, one of the best love stories ever told on an anime series. I won't get tired to repeat that i love ALL the cast as also as the powerfull scenes this series has to offer. The kiss was just perfectly tender and sweet. For all her abrasive personality Taiga posses a shy heart that Ryuuji finally managed to encourage to go out of it's hard shell to adventure into love.

People frequently complains about Ryuuji and Taiga's love being out of nowhere and too sudden, i strongly disagree, the hints are very smartly placed since Chapter two xD! ...and progressively getting stronger from there onwards.

Aww... i want to see the series for the 9th time xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-06, 01:25   Link #253
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Indeed, one of the best love stories ever told on an anime series. I won't get tired to repeat that i love ALL the cast as also as the powerfull scenes this series has to offer. The kiss was just perfectly tender and sweet. For all her abrasive personality Taiga posses a shy heart that Ryuuji finally managed to encourage to go out of it's hard shell to adventure into love.

People frequently complains about Ryuuji and Taiga's love being out of nowhere and too sudden, i strongly disagree, the hints are very smartly placed since Chapter two xD! ...and progressively getting stronger from there onwards.

Aww... i want to see the series for the 9th time xD!
I usually point out that the "out of nowhere" faction tells me more about someone's inability to process basic information. They're 'shipping in direct contradiction to story events. The title of the series is "Toradora", the first few minutes of the first episode explain *EXACTLY* what you're about to see (voice over narration). It is the story of how two dysfunctional people came to love each other over a very bumpy road.

If one wishes it had gone another way, well that's a topic for fan fiction.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:01   Link #254
CaptainKoto

8/10
I really like this anime, it was fun and cute, and made me sad but happy. I liked the characters, even if they were a tad generic as far as anime goes. Even so, Taiga remains one of my favorite tsundere. Towards the end, though...I was a bit surprised by their "get married run away" thing. I've only watched the series once, but I think I'd like to watch it again.
Old 2012-07-11, 11:59   Link #255
rakusukira

one of the best love stories ever. Ryuji and Taiga in the end was soooo surprising for me because both were so serious with their respective crushes at first.. then suddenly Taiga just confessed unconsciously and i was like WTF.. then they eloped and i was like... HOLY!!

i just love this series sooo much!!
Old 2012-07-11, 12:25   Link #256
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To me it became apparent the moment the started to become less serious about their respective crushes, for Ryuuji it was around the time of the School Festival when he started to develope strogner feelings for Taiga.

For Taiga was shortly after during the departure of President Kanou Sumire, that was the moment when she realized Kitamura finally overgrown his former feelings for her long ago and became more a friend to him than a crushing fangirl. Yet she decided to hold on the whole crush thing to avoid her feelings for Ruuji whom she promised to help getting the love of Minorin. Ryuuji was less aware of things around him and was oblivious of his own feelings for Taiga still pursuing his crush with Minorin. It was necessary the direct intervention of Ami-chan to burst his bubble and lead him to his realization ...and even then he didn't realized until Taiga's uncouncious confession xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-17, 20:13   Link #257
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Just recently finish watching this series for the 3rd time(haven't watched it in a few years).
Even though I know exactly what going to happen, it still kept me in the edge of my seat.

The sad scenes were really done well(in comparison to most other animes), I had a hard time not chocking up myself. And it wasn't a typical harem series(for the most part)

Now that I think about it, this is the first anime that I watched 3 times!

So I have to give it 10/10.

This is one of those animes you wish there was an OVA or a continuation, but you know unfortunately adding anything to this story would ruin it.
Old 2012-07-17, 21:53   Link #258
Otarusama
{ :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner187 View Post
This is one of those animes you wish there was an OVA or a continuation, but you know unfortunately adding anything to this story would ruin it.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:18   Link #259
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner187 View Post
My toughts exactly. Toradora is just so perfectly tied up that adding more to the story will ruin it. I love the way it finished the series and leaves an open feeling for Ryuuji and Taiga's future together as also for the rest of the cast.

An OVA do exist but fortunately J.C. Staff seems to be aware of this fact because the OVA takes place during the series, not after. And is a very entertaining return to the comedic roots of the series (in the style of the first half of the anime xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-21, 07:46   Link #260
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
My toughts exactly. Toradora is just so perfectly tied up that adding more to the story will ruin it. I love the way it finished the series and leaves an open feeling for Ryuuji and Taiga's future together as also for the rest of the cast.

An OVA do exist but fortunately J.C. Staff seems to be aware of this fact because the OVA takes place during the series, not after. And is a very entertaining return to the comedic roots of the series (in the style of the first half of the anime xD).
Actually most of the OVA episode does take place during series, but the scenes in the beginning and the end of the OVA take place after the series. We got to see Ryuuji and Taiga's future after the TV series though very little. I wished they had shown more of their future in the OVA.
Closed Thread