Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 08:38   Link #241
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
i have NEVER received anything on christmas day ever. i'm usually the one giving
stuffs away. i'm planning to buy me a high-end desktop (about $3500). and give
the new laptop i just bought @ toshiba (Qosmio 870) to either my little bro or sis
as a christmas present.
Does your little sister need a present? I don't mind just giving her one- *gets kicked out of a C130 without a parachute*

I haven't received a Christmas gift for years. I have always bought gifts for others, but when my friends ask me what I want in return, I usually don't know. And I have heard from a friend in the past saying that getting me a gift is difficult because they don't know what I would like to have.

Anybody here had THAT friend or relative who you have been racking your brains to find a gift for? Other than a soap on a rope?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 11:37   Link #242
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoko View Post
Today, I'm going to shop for my boyfriend. I'm going to find him a jewel like a kind of necklace of something !

Today is special because this morning I had the joy to discovers all the gifts under the tree! I wasn't really happy to celebrate christmas in early december but now, i'm so excited !
Well, I just got an email from bluenile.ca that says: MONDAY ONLY! 15% Off Diamond Jewellery with Free Delivery by Christmas

My plan was just to get my fiance a handbag for Christmas.. But we recently picked up a small Christmas tree and she'll want a number of gifts underneath the tree to make it look nice so cue me frantically thinking about a number of small presents to buy..

@Saintess - I am THAT friend. Although it hasn't become an issue anymore as my friends and I are now old enough that we all mutually agree not to get each other anything anymore.

Outlook is not promising
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 12:10   Link #243
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Does your little sister need a present? I don't mind just giving her one- *gets kicked out of a C130 without a parachute*

I haven't received a Christmas gift for years. I have always bought gifts for others, but when my friends ask me what I want in return, I usually don't know. And I have heard from a friend in the past saying that getting me a gift is difficult because they don't know what I would like to have.

Anybody here had THAT friend or relative who you have been racking your brains to find a gift for? Other than a soap on a rope?
here's a pic of my little sister if you wanna see what she looks like. :P
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
if you're gonna give anything to her, the present have to be at least over 1k worth in price.
example: ipad 3, a decent laptop, some fancy cosplaying clothing...or a bunch of anime/manga! have fun with the present. ^_______^;

you know, sometime if you dont really know what to give the other presents, i suggest
some clothes might do the trick. if it's cold, buy jacket/sweater/gloves...something like
that. if it's hot, you know, T-shirt is fine. unless that person is like my attention whore
little sister, you shouldnt struggle finding a gifts.

as for buying myself a gift, i mention buying a $3500 high end desktop earlier. after
adding that + 30" dell monitor (2560x1600 resolution *drools*), the sums total
up to $5000+....LOLOLOLOLOL....i guess, i'll pass buying this gift for myself for now. and save it up for next year's christmas instead.
my mom and dad are gonna KILL me even if it's my money...my family would never
agree to letting me spend that much cash on computer.
Old 2012-12-17, 15:39   Link #244
Mokoko
Young Aspergus Eater

willx: Thank you for the tip but i'm searching something in gold !

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 17:40   Link #245
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Ho Ho aagagahahahaaaa!

YouTube

Last edited by Solace; 2012-12-23 at 21:10. Reason: Vid is dead.
Kizoku Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 12:28   Link #246
Solafighter
Hige

To prove that engineers have a sense of humor, I send you the following. I wish I could say I wrote it, but I didn’t, and don’t know who did. Perhaps you’ve seen it before. If not, enjoy.

Santa Claus: An Engineer’s Perspective

There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18 years old) in the world. However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu, Jewish or Buddhist (except maybe in Japan) religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the population reference bureau).

At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that comes to 108 million homes, presuming that there is at least one good child in each.

Different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical), this works out to 967.7 visits per second.

This is to say that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh and get on to the next house.

Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but will accept for the purposes of our calculations), we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks.

This means Santa’s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest manmade vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.

The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (two pounds), the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself. On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that the “flying” reindeer could pull ten times the normal amount, the job can’t be done with eight or even nine of them. Santa would need 360,000 of them. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch).

600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance. This would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft reentering the earth’s atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake.

The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accelerating from a dead stop to 650 m.p.s. in .001 seconds, would be subjected to acceleration forces of 17,500 g’s. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo.

Therefore, even if Santa did exist, he’s dead now.

Merry Christmas!
Old 2012-12-22, 18:43   Link #247
willx
Nyaaan~~

Merry Christmas from the Hipster Tree(tm)! (too cool to wear a star / excited about Christmas before it was cool / etc.)

So all my Christmas shopping is done! Broke the bank this year.. But PRESENTS! I must admit that as a child I was too cool to get excited over presents. Now, I get genuine joy out of spoiling my fiancé a little bit during this time of year. Can't wait to see what I get as well!
Old 2012-12-23, 18:04   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

People coming over this afternoon ... our Yuletide tree (Star Goat Defensive Installation) is up.

THIS is a Santa I'd still leave whiskey and bourbon fudge out for ....

(Siberian 'King of Winter' and many other names)
Old 2012-12-23, 18:13   Link #249
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Happy Hogsday everyone
Old 2012-12-23, 20:16   Link #250
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Merry Yuletide everyone! Like Christopher Hitchens calls it, Christmas is just an old Norse booze-up!
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 03:04   Link #251
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

I've given my gifts early, Spent all day making tamales on Saturday.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:15   Link #252
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Happy Christmas everyone Hope you have a nice time, and get what you want...

Old 2012-12-24, 05:21   Link #253
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
What I Want For Christmas

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 05:21   Link #254
NK141
Some Random Guy

Merry Christmas all to you and your families! May it be full of happiness
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 05:53   Link #255
mistress_kisara

Since its about 6hrs until Christmas eve here...Merry Christmas to everyone in Animesuki!! God Bless you guys!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 07:11   Link #256
Kyuu
=^^=

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 08:58   Link #257
HasuMasu
*Artist

Happy holidays, this is the second time I've been on AS at this time.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:18   Link #258
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
People coming over this afternoon ... our Yuletide tree (Star Goat Defensive Installation) is up.

THIS is a Santa I'd still leave whiskey and bourbon fudge out for ....

(Siberian 'King of Winter' and many other names)
That's one neat outfit I must say...
Old 2012-12-24, 11:25   Link #259
GundamFan0083

You know I've got to be snarky about this.

Spoiler for Christamas Card:
Old 2012-12-24, 11:32   Link #260
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Merry Christmas, everybody. Try not to whine about your presents. Personally, I'm happy to get any at all.