AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-25, 09:33   Link #2581
ghost_zero5

How long is it for Vivid? Is it the same?
Old 2009-07-25, 09:41   Link #2582
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
There's also that new StrikerS manga chapter (apparently) that's coming out soon too...

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2009-07-25, 13:25   Link #2583
Jimmy C

For those desperate to read it, there's a low-quality version of Vivid ch3 out now. You can barely read the text, assuming you can read Japanese in the first place.
Despite the fanservice in this chapter, there's some info on the "Kings" of Ancient Belka that have appeared thus far. There might even be an explanation of why they're all female too.
Old 2009-07-25, 13:33   Link #2584
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

An entire public facility for mage combat training and practice? And VIVIO RIDER KIIIIIIIICK?!?!?! SWEET

Not too fond of all the loli fanservice though, but Cinque is moe

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-25, 13:56   Link #2585
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Huh, less fanservice than the spoiler images were suggesting. I'm not complaining. Seeing Vivio training was much love, god she's awesome.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:27   Link #2586
Ottocycle

Nifty bits I'm seeing:

Vivio's original's name is Olivier and is also a she. She is referred to as, depending on interpretation, "The Last Saint King of the Cradle" OR "The Saint King of the Final Cradle". Carim calls her a Princess right after that sentence though.
Funny that she gets a French-sounding name. With German, French and what I presume to be Scandinavian(Ingvalt?), Belka is now turning into Europe?

Ingvalt is a hero of legends.

Haha, the SSX track with Otto calling Vivio "Your Majesty" is referred to again. Nice gag, so it's good.

The formal names for the triumvirate: Princess Olivier of the Saint Family (probably used the same way as a First Family); Ingvalt, Haoh of Shutura; and Ixvellia, Meioh of Garrea.

Haoh and Meioh are designations to the types of kings. Haoh has a very manly connotation that you'll see in Takeda Shingen of Sengoku Basara for example, and Meioh kind of has connections to the underworld and occult(hence the corpses I guess).

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2009-07-25 at 14:53. Reason: ahhhhh Japanese semantics!
Old 2009-07-25, 14:35   Link #2587
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Olivier was her original name? Wow, talk about a bombshell we've been waiting for.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:36   Link #2588
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Olivier was her original name? Wow, talk about a bombshell we've been waiting for.
Well Vivio's a clone, so Vivio's her name, but her original's name is Olivier.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:40   Link #2589
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I know, but her original's name has been a speculation for, like, years. hence the bombshell.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:44   Link #2590
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Well that was some delicious info and turned things upside down.

Old 2009-07-25, 14:46   Link #2591
Jimmy C

Could it be that Olivier -> Vivio?
Old 2009-07-25, 14:49   Link #2592
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Olivier? That's... kinda unique, melike But wait... she's a Princess?

Edit: Given how the Japanese pronounce their ending "er"s (Rider = Raidaa), if you pronounce it that way it sounds like "Olivia"... just a thought

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-25, 14:59   Link #2593
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Olivier? That's... kinda unique, melike But wait... she's a Princess?

Edit: Given how the Japanese pronounce their ending "er"s (Rider = Raidaa), if you pronounce it that way it sounds like "Olivia"... just a thought
The very least we can infer from "Princess" is that she's an offspring, and not the starter of the Saint Family I guess. Elizabeth was called a Princess when King George was still around.

While for English I would totally agree with that, the 'er' part I intended it to sound more French, like how one would say 'patissier'. While spelling it 'ere' like Guinevere would fit the sound, my nitpick sense tells me that would require a sound extension in the Japanese original script, which it doesn't. Hence French was how I judged it to be.
Old 2009-07-25, 15:12   Link #2594
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*thought reflect*

So it's pronounced "Olivere"?

Old 2009-07-25, 16:34   Link #2595
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Wow...this was quite a chapter
Some fanservice, some action, a little plot advancement and a clifhanger!

So, Nove will be Ingvalt's first CC victim, heh? Let's hope the fight won't be too one-sided

Also, I bet 10 cookies that Nove is going to get at least an arm (or leg) broken in the fight.
Old 2009-07-25, 16:40   Link #2596
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Breaking away from Vivid for a moment, new Force material is slowly begining to trickle in at last. A small image on the cover of the upcoming Newtype:

Yee gods, Touma really gives off Chrono vibes here. I wonder if his hair color is different...

Also, there will be posters, one of the upcoming movie, and the other...

I spy Subaru/Nanoha fanservice there. I am satisfied. :3
Old 2009-07-25, 16:45   Link #2597
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

FINALLY SOME FORCE \o/ Even so little makes me so happy.

On the topic of Ingvalt, do want Nove fight... and I put five cookies on right arm being broken.

Old 2009-07-25, 17:18   Link #2598
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Olivier's a French boy's name. Olivia would be the female form.

So... reverse trap?
Old 2009-07-25, 21:02   Link #2599
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

(Walks into the thread since Gods-know-how-long and reads the comments. Nods here and there as she does so. Looks at the latest developments for Force and Vivid....)

Quote:
Originally posted by humbug23
Vivio's original's name is Olivier
O_O. Seriously? (Well, it's not a BAD seriously, per se, but....) Until now I never thought of Vivio's original, not even once, LOL. What else....oh, I just noticed it's Olivier and not "Oliver" as I read it, lmao.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy C
Could it be that Olivier -> Vivio?
That's a very good analysis.

Quote:
Originally posted by Keroko
Breaking away from Vivid for a moment, new Force material is slowly begining to trickle in at last. A small image on the cover of the upcoming Newtype:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...h_up378070.jpg
Nanoha looks SUGOI ^w^. I want to see her open a can of whoop-ass. I want to see her go full White Devil on the villains - not the person you'd see on StrikerS Episode 8 but an all-out WARMONGER. I want to see blood OwO NOM NOM NO-- *IS CLUBBED*

Didn't think it was Touma at all until you mentioned it, Kero. He looked more like Subaru for a second there O_o.

(Looks at below posters.) O_O A-tatatata... Must... resist... urge... to write... mindless... crack... Somebody save.... me.... X___X

Overall, I'm-a gonna write a tribute/parody for Force's nearing release. Gah, hope I don't have to work Monday through Thursday >__<
Old 2009-07-25, 21:08   Link #2600
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
Nanoha looks SUGOI ^w^. I want to see her open a can of whoop-ass.
When the White Devil looks at you like THAT, be prepared to RUN... and say your final prayers while you're at it

Also, Touma in that image reminds me of Gatekeeper's Ukiya Shun for some reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix
I want to see blood OwO NOM NOM NO-- *IS CLUBBED*

*imagines Nanoha as Kamen Rider Amazon chomping down on villains*

RIPTEARRIPTEARBUCKETSOFBLOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix
O_O A-tatatata... Must... resist... urge... to write... mindless... crack... Somebody save.... me.... X___X
*Feeds Grand Phoenix some concentrated liquid crack*

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen