AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-22, 12:20   Link #2581
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
No lives would've been taken. It's not even a "what if" situation that should be considered, and it's not a valid argument. You can trash on Ichigo all you want on her combat prowess and situational awareness, but why do you think there's 2 pilots for each Franxx? The nice thing about having 2 pilots is so that they can help cover for each other's weaknesses and bring out each other's strengths. That's what Goro did.
yeah and that is why goro is a much better leader, again it's not about "trash someone" it's about point they flaws, she is the leader and they are in a "dare situation" you can't be "like that", no matter how yoy want to defend her, she was wrong here and not because "i hate her" otherwise i could not say in many of my previous post which i never hated her and understand her actions, but is about "point her being wrong and as the "old say" 2 wrongs don't make a "better".

And my original point was because he sounded as if ichigo helping them was something which she did "from her own total will/desire" what is not true, or not totally accurace, she needed goro step on to do that otherwise she could never did it, because ichigo put her own feelings over everything, even hiro and zero 2 feelings.

Hiro already made clear multiple times which he don't mind die with zero 2, as long he with her, even if it is crazy and unreasonable, it's still his "wish" and feelings and that is why feelings are like that can make peoples do unreasonable things, which the same goes for ichigo, her feelings turned her in a "bad person" because it clouded her.

Again i'm not a "saying which she as whore or something like that, otherwise please point me any of my comments where i told that, i'm pointing which she was doing wrong things and that wrong things where having a negative impact in the battle.

It took goro shut-down the mecha and leave her complain alone and do the "right thing" to make her do the right thing that is the point as he told goro himself get tired of all her childshi and selfish actions and tantrun and stop of acting like that, because unlike her, he was able to 'control his emotions" and keep a clear vision in the battlefield, he don't let his feelings for her cloud his decision in the battlefield as she did.
Old 2018-04-22, 12:32   Link #2582
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
For some reason this recent episode is reminding me of the plot twist from Gargantia

Spoiler for Gargantia:
There's probably some of that. They even made some references that make me suspect trascendence, or some kind of "evolution" of humans, is the objective for APE. Which again ties in with Evangelion, and Instrumentality. This season we're getting sequels to both FLCL and Evangelion apparently .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 12:36   Link #2583
Mistyclear

^Is the latter even capable of a sequel?
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 12:41   Link #2584
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
Again i'm not a "saying which she as whore or something like that, otherwise please point me any of my comments where i told that, i'm pointing which she was doing wrong things and that wrong things where having a negative impact in the battle.
I did warn you that this would happen. You fell for Dengar's asinine bait and didn't clarify yourself.

Also let's make this clear: Goro was fundamental in getting Hiro to ZeroTwo...but so was Ichigo. Maybe Hiro wouldn't gotten to ZeroTwo if Goro hadn't said anything (hypothetical) but Hiro wouldn't have gotten to ZeroTwo if Ichigo hadn't done anything.

Ichigo only needed the barest of nudges to do what she knew needed to be done. It's only a mere hypothetical to suggest she wouldn't have done it if Goro hadn't said anything. It's also hypothetically possible that Goro wouldn't have said anything if Ichigo wasn't concerned about ZeroTwo and Goro hadn't picked up on that. One could just as easily say that it was actually Ichigo's concern for ZeroTwo that triggered that series of events and Goro was the catalyst.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 12:46   Link #2585
Kazu-kun

The fact is Ichigo didn't do anything until Goro told her too. In fact, she was trying to stop Hiro until Goro put his foot down.

No one is saying Ichigo didn't care though, but Goro's clearly the MVP in this whole situation.
Old 2018-04-22, 12:53   Link #2586
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I did warn you that this would happen. You fell for Dengar's asinine bait and didn't clarify yourself.

Also let's make this clear: Goro was fundamental in getting Hiro to ZeroTwo...but so was Ichigo. Maybe Hiro wouldn't gotten to ZeroTwo if Goro hadn't said anything (hypothetical) but Hiro wouldn't have gotten to ZeroTwo if Ichigo hadn't done anything.

Ichigo only needed the barest of nudges to do what she knew needed to be done. It's only a mere hypothetical to suggest she wouldn't have done it if Goro hadn't said anything. It's also hypothetically possible that Goro wouldn't have said anything if Ichigo wasn't concerned about ZeroTwo and Goro hadn't picked up on that. One could just as easily say that it was actually Ichigo's concern for ZeroTwo that triggered that series of events and Goro was the catalyst.
I don't mind, because that is what we are here trading opnions about things and aslong it is like that and don't turn in just a "insult and ship war fine.

It's not about "hypotetical when we clear see her "resolve" to not do the right thing, no matter how she was "worried about zero 2 she was still whilling to not do anything, because of her love, because do the "right thing means lose hiro", while deep inside she knew which it was the right thing outside her sturbborn and love keep her for doing the right thing until finally goro did what he did to make her finally realise her mistake, i really can't see she doing the right thing without a proper "push" from something as it happened, she needed someone/something to make her go in the right direction that was the point of the anime, he played that role being the "thing to push her to do the right thing and it you can't deny.

Another note for peoples which where saying which the transformation was not affecting her mind, this episode made it very clear, as hiro found her basically acting like a "mindless" machine, the transformation was affecting her and only using the power of love he could bring her back to her "normal".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-04-22 at 13:46.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:13   Link #2587
Twi

Finally saw the episode. Here are my notes and thoughts:
Spoiler:

Ultimately, I'm not sure how I feel about Hiro just brushing off her smacking his teammates around. It wasn't just him who she hurt, it was everyone else. Seriously, I do hope she at least apologizes next episode.

As for the whole Goro leader thing... no. He's too passive under normal circumstances. Like letting Hiro go off with that blue heart on his chest.

I think in this instance, both his love interest and his best friend were clearly suffering. Ichigo couldn't take her eyes off Zero Two's fighting and it nearly got them jump, and Hiro ran out in a training suit and nearly got himself killed. He just decided to help them talk to one another to sort this mess out given the scale of the battle, giving Ichigo a chance to vent and Hiro a chance to confess, despite the fact that there's still a mess of issues left over that warranted the split in the first place. It's like the blue heart thing again, whether he's okay with it or not, he lets them do what will make them happy and it works out for the best.

Last edited by Twi; 2018-04-22 at 14:25.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:28   Link #2588
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about Hiro just brushing off her smacking his teammates around
You should be glad that Hiro finally understood why 02 did what she did. That's how you should feel.
Old 2018-04-22, 14:35   Link #2589
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You should be glad that Hiro finally understood why 02 did what she did. That's how you should feel.
Yeah... no. Hiro's sort of been a love martyr even before he knew about the memories and mind wipe. So him knowing why doesn't really change anything for me. He would have gone to her no matter what and forgiven her no matter what so long as he was the one on the chopping block. The only time he outright rejected her that I can remember was last episode when everyone else was beaten down.

These kids get over things way quicker than kids I've known for sure, but I guess when you live in a society where everything outside your glass dome is trying to kill you, it's forgive and forget real quick.
Old 2018-04-22, 14:39   Link #2590
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yeah... no. Hiro's sort of been a love martyr even before he knew about the memories and mind wipe.
So you already forgot he called her monster last episode, I see.
Old 2018-04-22, 14:41   Link #2591
Twi

Don't put words in my place, please. Assumptions bode poorly as last week taught us.
Old 2018-04-22, 14:42   Link #2592
RDNexus

Unless next week the "beating" matter is brought up, one can safely assume the producers either brushed it off or simply forgot about it
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:45   Link #2593
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Unless next week the "beating" matter is brought up, one can safely assume the producers either brushed it off or simply forgot about it
It makes total sense too. Playing the blaming game doesn't benefit anyone, specially because all the main players in this situation (Hiro, 02 and Ichigo) fucked up somehow.
Old 2018-04-22, 14:53   Link #2594
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
There's probably some of that. They even made some references that make me suspect trascendence, or some kind of "evolution" of humans, is the objective for APE. Which again ties in with Evangelion, and Instrumentality. This season we're getting sequels to both FLCL and Evangelion apparently .
So are you saying this show is an indirect tie in to Eva Rebuild 3.0+1.0?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 14:59   Link #2595
Blueknight78

Quote:
Finally saw the episode. Here are my notes and thoughts:
Spoiler:

Ultimately, I'm not sure how I feel about Hiro just brushing off her smacking his teammates around. It wasn't just him who she hurt, it was everyone else. Seriously, I do hope she at least apologizes next episode.

As for the whole Goro leader thing... no. He's too passive under normal circumstances. Like letting Hiro go off with that blue heart on his chest.

I think in this instance, both his love interest and his best friend were clearly suffering. Ichigo couldn't take her eyes off Zero Two's fighting and it nearly got them jump, and Hiro ran out in a training suit and nearly got himself killed. He just decided to help them talk to one another to sort this mess out given the scale of the battle, giving Ichigo a chance to vent and Hiro a chance to confess, despite the fact that there's still a mess of issues left over that warranted the split in the first place. It's like the blue heart thing again, whether he's okay with it or not, he lets them do what will make them happy and it works out for the best.
remember goro is not the leader the leader is ichigo she is the one to say the "last word" not him, it's also make him be able to be less strict with his decisions since he is not really carring the burden of being the "final word".
Put him as the leader with the whole burden and see if him could not deal better, at last not let his own feelings making do so many mistakes as she did.

One thing for sure is which ichigo is not "leader material" she is too emotional and easy tricked to have that job, while in other side goro is much more centred less to be "carried by his own emotions".
Old 2018-04-22, 17:04   Link #2596
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Geeee who didn't see that coming? LOL

Also Apologizes for what? She never got death threats.
Old 2018-04-22, 17:09   Link #2597
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Geeee who didn't see that coming? LOL

Also Apologizes for what? She never got death threats.
Well....02 did beat up Squad 13 so she needs to apologize to them.
Old 2018-04-22, 17:18   Link #2598
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well....02 did beat up Squad 13 so she needs to apologize to them.
They got what they deserved all she did was slap them around for locking her in her room like a monster.
Old 2018-04-22, 18:41   Link #2599
Twi

I feel bad for the Plantation 26 kids.

Spoiler:
Old 2018-04-22, 19:20   Link #2600
Applehell

Okay, that was quite good minus one thing.

To get out of the elephant in the room out of the way, I'm happy we moving on from the poorly handled drama. The fact it took only few minute to resolve it after all that build up just further highlights ill-conceived it was. Episode 14 was supposed to be a critical moment in the affect individuals that would take a while to recover from and grow before they could face each other, again, but whelp just it didn't matter anymore becasue what should have happened last week happened here. That's why drama based purely misunderstandings suck. If you gonna go out of your way make a big deal about something like this than don't half-ass it. As it stands 02 is only character got anything out of it, but she Hiro didn't need to end up fighting before this resolution came. So as result I'm more happy it's over instead being happy for the characters themselves. I suppose 02 and Ichigo will make up next week this will all be a footnote.

For rest of the episode, other than Klaxusaurs once being human it actually didn't reveal all that much. Plenty is still a mystery at this stage and we know no more on what the old geezer council wants in all of this other than it is located in the Gran Crevasse. So there is little for me to speculate on it, other maybe it's bad cause they are sort of shady? Who knows other than fact they really desperate to get their hands on it to escape the situation human finds itself in. Action-wise this pretty much the best of the series even if the end was a little cheezy, Nines having a reverse piloting-style is interesting, but it just furthermore confusing me why all the other FranXXs are designed the opposite if this can be done? Then again, maybe I'm thinking too much about mech that butt-handles. Can't say that I feel that bad for Plantation 26 group since I didn't know much. Honestly I'm surprised that they lived this long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
Looking at the comments of the western community, that's mostly cancerous by the way, is ironic how everyone complaint either because some people wanted more drama and others because it was too short (only 2 episodes).

Honestly is very well known that DarliFra is not a revolutionary series that brings something new to the table, but it's been doing a really good job using these common characteristics we've seen before and providing a really good experience, dealing with the drama in a few episodes was the best option IMO. Sometimes I wonder why people in the west can't behave like the users posting on 5ch, there you can have a civilized discussion even when there is a clear presence of Ichigo fans and Zero Two fans.
This is a pretty ridiculous generalization considering that Japanese watchers were acting no different in their reaction towards ep 14, worse if you include that death threats and attacks on the staff. I'm sure their plenty mixed on this episode too for precisely how the writers chose handle things. Ep 15 being stronger than sum of parts doesn't mean people don't take issues with some things in it.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote