3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-29, 11:55   Link #2581
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Too many posts, so I'm sure I missed conversation on this. What happened to the key words for this episode? I thought there was supposed to be a line saying something about "commemorating the person who brought about the defeat," but I don't recall a line like that being said. Was it said and I just missed it or was it not said at all? I wonder what that means if it wasn't said at all. Kallen's gum line didn't make it either.
I'm not sure which keywords you mean. The episode was called Re: and I think the line most obvious to this was when Lelouch said "Those who can shoot are only those who are prepared to get shot themselves" which he said in the very first episode when he used his Geass for the first time.

As for commemorating the person who brought about the defeat, again I'm not sure what you are refering to, but there was a lot of praise for Zero at the end of the episode, since he defeated Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:56   Link #2582
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Well, that is what I and others thought when we first saw the episode with the "lie detector", but now I don't think it is a Geass and just an unexplained power that resulted in being in the area. Hopefully something will come out to explain this later on (maybe a picture drama for instance.)

But again, we never saw Lelouch alive at the end and there was no indication of him being so unlike with C.C.
Hey, Orga, weren't you just going on about how the directors wanted to keep us guessing? A Lelouch resurrection fits into that criteria I feel, one where we never get an actual answer to fit in all these rather odd loose ends
Old 2008-09-29, 11:58   Link #2583
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahuddin View Post
The one major problem I have with the immortal theory is that he didn't tell anyone, including Suzaku about it.

And if you follow the theory about Lulu not knowing himself, then he would have been found out. I highly doubt he could keep a poker (dead) face on after finding out he'll live forever, and fool millions into thinking he's dead. Not to mention him having to fool the coroner, or getting out of his grave six feet under. O_o
That's the problem I have. Both C.C. and Suzaku were crying so they clearly thought he was going to die. Lelouch himself seemed ready to face death considering his words and actions. The only way to explain it is the "surprise immortality" theory and well....I am just REALLY skeptical he could pull it off. He dies and the comes back and realizes he is alive. It's totally unplanned for and shocking. You'd think he'd react somehow and that it would be very difficult to "play dead" with Nunnally holding on to his body still not to mention the crowd of people standing around. Immortals come back fairly quickly so chances are he'd still be on the platform when he comes back...
Old 2008-09-29, 11:58   Link #2584
Hiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
chales' code was visible when he didn't use it at all
and cc's code isn't visible begause of her bang

why did cc's code appear at the same place when the nun have it
can anyone confirm that VV's code was not on his palm
The only thing we know is that C.C. was looking at V.V. shoulder. But that could mean that she was looking at his wound or something. Although I'm not so sure about that. Are there any pictures of V.V.'s right palm?

But either way, Lelouch Code would probably not show up until after he died anyway, if he did have it.
Old 2008-09-29, 12:00   Link #2585
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hey, Orga, weren't you just going on about how the directors wanted to keep us guessing? A Lelouch resurrection fits into that criteria I feel, one where we never get an actual answer to fit in all these rather odd loose ends
Except unless the directors come out and say he is alive, I will believe he is dead for any one of these reasons.

1) There is more proof pointing to dead than alive with less conjectures having to be made.

2) Me thinking he is alive makes this episode meaningless, redundant, and no where NEAR as heart wrenching. It would limit the overall effect of not only the episode, but the series as a whole in my opinion. (And would have me keep my opinion which I tossed away that Lelouch is a prick that crushes everyone else emotionally by not telling them things.)
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:00   Link #2586
RedWing

It was quite obviously done on purpose, and is working. People are arguing about it which means they are talking about it. If they now announce a Blu-Ray release with deleted scenes people will rush out to buy it. Genius.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:00   Link #2587
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
That's the problem I have. Both C.C. and Suzaku were crying so they clearly thought he was going to die. Lelouch himself seemed ready to face death considering his words and actions. The only way to explain it is the "surprise immortality" theory and well....I am just REALLY skeptical he could pull it off. He dies and the comes back and realizes he is alive. It's totally unplanned for and shocking. You'd think he'd react somehow and that it would be very difficult to "play dead" with Nunnally holding on to his body still not to mention the crowd of people standing around. Immortals come back fairly quickly so chances are he'd still be on the platform when he comes back...
Well, I'm calling into question that while they're crying what's up with the devoted Orange-kun exactly, dry eyed and smirking with satisfaction and then living his life on the Orange Plantation like he's been doing it all his life?
Old 2008-09-29, 12:00   Link #2588
Hiku

Quote:
I agree that the crying points more towards him dying. But it may not necessarily have been his death that they were crying about, but rather the sacrifice he made. No one would ever know of what he did for the world, but rather he would always be remembered as nothing but a monster, losing everything including Nunnaly whom he loved for the sake of everyone else. Or in C.C.'s case it could have been because he might have chosen the curse of eternal life through the Code, etc. Although I would mostly lean towards them crying over his death, but I can't deny other possibilities of course.

Quote:
Well, I'm calling into question that while they're crying what's up with the devoted Orange-kun exactly, dry eyed and smirking with satisfaction and then living his life on the Orange Plantation like he's been doing it all his life?
That is also a good point. After all, he cried for failing to protect Lelouch, Nunnally and Marianne in the past.

This is from the picture drama. But he showed similar remorse when he confronted Lelouch in Season 2.
Although I can't say I'm surprised at anything from Orenji-kun.
Old 2008-09-29, 12:01   Link #2589
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
it's cause he's "200% mother fucking loyalty"
and is happy to see his master goal come true

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:02   Link #2590
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
I'm not sure which keywords you mean. The episode was called Re: and I think the line most obvious to this was when Lelouch said "Those who can shoot are only those who are prepared to get shot themselves" which he said in the very first episode when he used his Geass for the first time.

As for commemorating the person who brought about the defeat, again I'm not sure what you are refering to, but there was a lot of praise for Zero at the end of the episode, since he defeated Lelouch.
Before every episode airs magazines would release "keywords" said in the episode. Koshimizu would always post them in the spoiler thread. For instance, the key words for ep. 24 were "You don't hate me, Lelouch?" But I don't recall the key words being said in this episode. I could have sworn Koshimizu posted before saying what the key words for Re: were.
Old 2008-09-29, 12:02   Link #2591
RedWing

If Lelouch is immortal then why does Suzaku have to be Zero? Wouldn't an immortal serve the role better?
Old 2008-09-29, 12:03   Link #2592
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
it's cause he's "200% mother fucking loyalty"
and is happy to see his master goal come true
I think his loyalty in different terms myself, I mean last time Lelouch tried to do something self-destructive Jeremiah restrained him for his own protection, so the whole scene and sequence just really seems off to me now >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
If Lelouch is immortal then why does Suzaku have to be Zero? Wouldn't an immortal serve the role better?
People need to think he's dead, least they not be motivated in either their hate or realization of who he truly was. As an immortal, he can go much further in terms of impact on a long term basis as history begins to forget, one in which he can step in to remind them if necessary. He works better in the shadows rather then the spotlight is all I'm saying
Old 2008-09-29, 12:03   Link #2593
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Jeremiah would do anything his Lord wanted. He believes in Chivalry and Honor. And Lelouch dieing in this way is so filled with Honor that he probably would go along with it.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:04   Link #2594
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Maybe Lulu prefered even Suzaku not to know that he is alive?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:06   Link #2595
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Jeremiah would do anything his Lord wanted. He believes in Chivalry and Honor. And Lelouch dieing in this way is so filled with Honor that he probably would go along with it.
Just doesn't strike me as Jeremiah in my views, he was all concerned about the well-being of his Lord over what his Lord's ideals were before now, so long as he was serving Lelouch... so what if he's still serving Lelouch I wonder. That's just me though, I have doubts and that's all there is too it really <_<
Old 2008-09-29, 12:07   Link #2596
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Isn't that a bit evil? To throw everything on Suzaku like that, seems a bit off especially with the fact that this was supposed to be his redemption.
Old 2008-09-29, 12:07   Link #2597
pilipok
pizza lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
lelouch
ルル

Ru Ru

R2

or even

Ru Ru Re:

R3
pilipok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:08   Link #2598
equinox822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahuddin View Post
The one major problem I have with the immortal theory is that he didn't tell anyone, including Suzaku about it.

And if you follow the theory about Lulu not knowing himself, then he would have been found out. I highly doubt he could keep a poker (dead) face on after finding out he'll live forever, and fool millions into thinking he's dead. Not to mention him having to fool the coroner, or getting out of his grave six feet under. O_o

It's a similar scenario to R1 during the SAZ incident. Lelouch planned on geassing Euphemia to shoot him in front of the crowds, feigning his death only to re-emerge again later, heralded as a messiah. What were the words he used? "People are more susceptible to miracles, not logic, you see"

They wouldn't give a damn about the corpse after their saviour Zero just took care of all of their problems for them. And Orange would have protected it anyway. It's by no means a stretch that he made it out of there without anyone discovering he lived.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:08   Link #2599
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilipok View Post
lelouch
ルル

Ru Ru

R2

or even

Ru Ru Re:

R3
But we KNOW that it is spelt L L. What was V.V's surname?
Old 2008-09-29, 12:09   Link #2600
Jarmel

Btw Re: is Sunrise's last joke on us.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re
Re itself is a Greek term meaning surprise or astonishment.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote