Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2010-10-01, 15:32   Link #2602
Sillya
Gundam 00/FMA fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Here's how i see the Marina and Feldt relationship with Setsuna:

In terms of romantic relationship Feldt had more potential. However because romance wasn't expanded on it was overlooked. Feldt's feelings are onesided though. Setsuna either just doesn't realize or he chooses to overlook it due to his past. He may feel he just isn't worthy of that.

As for Marina there is a love there but not in a romantic sense. It is more the love of a family which is really what is needed more than a romantic one. This is really much stronger than any romantic relationship for this type of show but likely had the least potential to evolve into a romantic relationship had there not been a 50 year timeskip. Heck both Setsuna and Marina both denied any chance with such straight faces which means they were pretty serious.
Yeah, Feldt love Setsuna, but i think Marina love Setsuna too, not just like family. I think cute scene that, when Feldt give flower to Setsuna and i think they cute together. But i think Setsuna and Marina have really strong bonds. The same ideals, always think of each other.Many people said might Feldt innovated and she with Setsuna together. But i don't think, because Setsuna had not go to Azadistan. No matter how love of Feldt X Setsuna couple, Marina x Setsuna still think i even sweeter.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar128 View Post
Pardon my grammar; this is not my native language. Anyways, I am sure lots of people here said it but the FeldtXSetsuna thing came out of nowhere, it seems so small compare to what Marina and Setsuna have. Whether there is romance or not, I definitely think that there is a deep love between Setsuna and Marina. Setsuna is introverted; he barely speaks to anyone on the Ptolemaios. He is not the kind of person that will talk about his feelings and his ideals to anyone. Yet he keeps visiting Marina to talk to her, he goes all the way to Marina’s palace to talk to her risking getting caught and everything. If he has a strong bond with Feldt, why not go to her? Is much more convenient, he could just walk to her room and knock on her door. Why go all the way to Marina? That’s because he entrusts his feeling to her and seeks guidance from her because they both understand each other and where they are coming from. Feldt just doesn’t have that bond with him, they have a mutual respect for each other and Feldt has a one sided crush on him, but the relationship they have is not even close to his relationship with Marina.

Another thing too is that it would be too out of character for Setsuna and Marina to have a normal life with somebody. They are not the kind of person that would marry someone and have a family. Marina is devoted to her country and her cause and Setsuna is devoted to fighting for his cause. Marina wants to achieve peace through her political role and Setsuna wants to achieve peace by fighting with his gundam. They are both very selfless. Even if they did love each other in a romantic way they would never said it because they know is never going to happen, all it would do is cause unnecessary pain because is impossible. What would people said if the princess of Azadistan ends up marrying someone that is labeled a terrorist? If she did, she would probably have to step down from her role which would mean she won’t have any power to influence Azadistan, even though part of her wants to be with Setsuna and be at peace. Again for Setsuna is the same too. A small part of him wants to live in peace with Marina but he ultimately chooses to fight, I think that’s what the scene in the second season’s first opening represents. The part where he reaches out for Marina and the flower (peace) when he sees her represents the part of him that wants to be with her in peace but he chooses to fight by pulling out his sword to protect them.

I haven’t seen the movie yet but I think the ending is fitting, it means that Setsuna is finally free from his duty, where he can finally seek out a life of peace with Marina. Same thing with Marina, she has finished her duty and has retired. After all these years she is finally able to live in peace. I think what Marina and Setsuna has is far beyond sexual attraction (especially considering Marina is quite old). For them to be able to finally be together means that Setsuna finally understands Marina’s message and that they can both be at peace.
I totally agree with you! *.*
"Ouswari!" (XD) - Kagome
Setsuna x Marina fanclub:Here
Sillya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 15:33   Link #2603
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Here's how i see the Marina and Feldt relationship with Setsuna:

In terms of romantic relationship Feldt had more potential. However because romance wasn't expanded on it was overlooked. Feldt's feelings are onesided though. Setsuna either just doesn't realize or he chooses to overlook it due to his past. He may feel he just isn't worthy of that.

As for Marina there is a love there but not in a romantic sense. It is more the love of a family which is really what is needed more than a romantic one. This is really much stronger than any romantic relationship for this type of show but likely had the least potential to evolve into a romantic relationship had there not been a 50 year timeskip. Heck both Setsuna and Marina both denied any chance with such straight faces which means they were pretty serious.
I agree; however I would define it not as family-like love, but rather passionless intimacy. The kind of intimacy that married couples who have been together for several decades are able to achieve, which is based on...

wait for it...

...understanding and respect for one-another's opinions.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 22:05   Link #2604
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I agree; however I would define it not as family-like love, but rather passionless intimacy. The kind of intimacy that married couples who have been together for several decades are able to achieve, which is based on...

wait for it...

...understanding and respect for one-another's opinions.
That's so true. I mean, Marina never liked Setsuna's way of fighting, but she understands him and respect the choices that he makes.

And one thing I just figured out resently after I saw the scans of Gundam 00 the movie novel.

Feldt is always, ALWAYS, the one who approaches Setsuna and starts the conversation. He never really talks to her much except after Neil's death (and that conversation led to Setsuna writing a letter to Marina) in Season 1 and the Feldt-giving-flower-to-Setsuna scene in Season 2 (and even in this scene all Setsuna said was her name, then she's the one who started talking) and maybe
Spoiler for movie spoiler:
But I gotta feel bad for the girl though especially one particular scene in the movie
Spoiler:
Now, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't say how accurate I can be, but based on the info from those who had, that's how it was. And he never thinks of her when she's not around (I don't know about the movie though)
Spoiler:

Marina, on the other hand, I found that she doesn't approach Setsuna as much as HE approaches HER! Her bedroom scene in Season 1 (I don't think their encounter after he rescued the old man really counts, but yeah that, too), also he dreamed of her and the flower that I already mentioned above(episode 20? 21? 22? don't remember). And in Season 2, Setsuna rescues her from prison (episode 3), he was looking for her and found her in some room (LOL) (episode 4), when he looks at her playing with the Katharon's kids and there are some little scenes in the same episode (episode 5), he goes to her after his encounter with Ribbons/his fight with Ali and they share their life stories to one another, when he kills Anew and Lyle's punching him senseless he thinks of Marina and her voice/song, in the Kouga Yun's manga prelude to the movie which he also goes to her to see her for the 'last time', and last but not least
Spoiler for in the movie:
And almost all of the scenes I typed above Setsuna is the one who starts the conversation. Not to mention he thinks of her often when she's not around (and he never does that with others, accept Neil and his enemies like Ali or Ribbons)

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I wasn't so sure if I should use present tense or past tense, so I messed it up LOL
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:04   Link #2605
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Damn Lugia, that's kinda of a troll post there.

And yes, I completely agree with the folks above. Setsuna loved Marina and vice versa, but not romantically. And they didn't need to have a romance.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:34   Link #2606
KaoruLia

Hmm... I can't really view SetsunaxMarina as romantic love after the timeskip... I'm a shipper but the movie sort of killed off any desire of me pairing them together after the ending. Of course I'll still read fanfics of them and everything, but only if the stories feature them before the timeskip (obviously...)

I think there's a distinction between the types of loves Feldt and Marina have for Setsuna: (the Greek had 4 definitions of love: 'storge', 'philia', 'eros' and 'agape').

Storge (affection)- familial love, or love that blossoms from familiarity and companionship. There is mutual understanding and is able to transcend any discrimination. Married couples usually evolve into this stage after many years together.

Philia (friendship) - According to wikipedia: Friendship is a strong bond existing between people who share a common interest or activity. Lewis explicitly says that his definition of friendship is narrower than mere companionship.

Eros (romantic love) - Eros (ἔρως) is love in the sense of 'being in love'. Passion, sexual attraction falls under this category.

Agape (charity): is the love that brings forth caring regardless of circumstance. This is also known as the greatest of loves.

So, Marina and Setsuna's love for each other definitely falls under 'Storge' (affection) but without 'Eros'. Feldt towards Setsuna is 'Philia' (friendship) mixed with 'Eros' (romantic love), but Setsuna's feelings towards her is only 'Philia'. But feelings aren't static so they can change anytime. Storge and Philia can be transformed into Eros, and vice versa.... Just trying to put things into perspective ^^;

Last edited by KaoruLia; 2010-10-01 at 23:44.
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 23:41   Link #2607
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Damn Lugia, that's kinda of a troll post there.

And yes, I completely agree with the folks above. Setsuna loved Marina and vice versa, but not romantically. And they didn't need to have a romance.
LOL I know right! I think I had a good teacher! Mizushima himself LOL.

Just don't mind whatever I wrote. It's just one of those things that I just did it on an impulse and then just go 'nah, whatever'
Old 2010-10-01, 23:44   Link #2608
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Hmm... I can't really view SetsunaxMarina romantic after the timeskip... I'm a shipper but the movie sort of killed off any desire of me pairing them together after the ending. Of course I'll still read fanfics of them and everything, but only if the stories feature them before the timeskip (obviously...)

I think there's a distinction between the types of loves Feldt and Marina has for Setsuna: (the Greek had 4 definition of love: 'storge', 'philia', 'eros' and 'agape'.

Storge (affection)- familial love, or love that blossoms from familiarity and companionship. There is mutual understanding and is able to transcend any discrimination. Married couples usually evolve into this stage after many years together.

Philia (friendship) - According to wikipedia: Friendship is a strong bond existing between people who share a common interest or activity. Lewis explicitly says that his definition of friendship is narrower than mere companionship.

Eros (romantic love) - Eros (ἔρως) is love in the sense of 'being in love'. Passion, sexual attraction falls under this category.

Agape (charity): is the love that brings forth caring regardless of circumstance. This is also known as the greatest of loves.

So, Marina and Setsuna's love for each other definitely falls under 'Storge' (affection) but without 'Eros'. Feldt towards Setsuna is 'Philia' (friendship) mixed with 'Eros' (romantic love), but Setsuna's feelings towards her is only 'Philia'. But feelings aren't static so it can change anytime. Storge and Philia can be transformed into Eros, and vice versa.... Just trying to put things into perspective ^^;
That was a very good job of summarizing C.S. Lewis. I would also say that Setsuna/Marina also show qualities of Agape. Honestly though, we should get off of this; how did we even get on it anyway? A consensus seems to have been reached here: Setsuna/Marina is nothing more than a deep friendship. I feel sorry for Feldt though.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 00:00   Link #2609
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That was a very good job of summarizing C.S. Lewis. I would also say that Setsuna/Marina also show qualities of Agape. Honestly though, we should get off of this; how did we even get on it anyway? A consensus seems to have been reached here: Setsuna/Marina is nothing more than a deep friendship. I feel sorry for Feldt though.
LOL. I don't know. But since people started to talk about it again, I had this impulse to join, so I did. LOL Now I don't even take it that serious anymore. I just did what I feel like it might makes people mad and then I'm just laughing about it right now ('cause no one fall for it).
Old 2010-10-02, 10:06   Link #2610
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Honestly I feel bad for Feldt...

But with how Setsuna is at the end of the movie, he is destined to be alone with Tierra for eternity hahahaha....

Marina doesn't have much longer anyway.

Fu** the flower in the sky
Old 2010-10-02, 11:46   Link #2611
Sillya
Gundam 00/FMA fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Hmm... I can't really view SetsunaxMarina as romantic love after the timeskip... I'm a shipper but the movie sort of killed off any desire of me pairing them together after the ending. Of course I'll still read fanfics of them and everything, but only if the stories feature them before the timeskip (obviously...)

I think there's a distinction between the types of loves Feldt and Marina have for Setsuna: (the Greek had 4 definitions of love: 'storge', 'philia', 'eros' and 'agape').

So, Marina and Setsuna's love for each other definitely falls under 'Storge' (affection) but without 'Eros'. Feldt towards Setsuna is 'Philia' (friendship) mixed with 'Eros' (romantic love), but Setsuna's feelings towards her is only 'Philia'. But feelings aren't static so they can change anytime. Storge and Philia can be transformed into Eros, and vice versa.... Just trying to put things into perspective ^^;
I totally agree with you! That's right and really great analysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Honestly I feel bad for Feldt...

But with how Setsuna is at the end of the movie, he is destined to be alone with Tierra for eternity hahahaha....

Marina doesn't have much longer anyway.

Fu** the flower in the sky
I accept your opinion, but please don't blame another couple. Initially, only that I loved the Setsuna x Marina couple, but later I loved the Setsuna x Feldt couple too.(when i see the flower scene and fanarts) I don't like yaoi couple, but those who do like not to blame.
Sorry for my bad english! ^^"
"Ouswari!" (XD) - Kagome
Old 2010-10-02, 21:10   Link #2612
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillya View Post
I don't like yaoi couple, but those who do like not to blame.
You don't have to look at it that way - Tieria became a Gundam (as foreshadowed by his voice actor!). SetsunaxGundam OTP from start to end
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:46   Link #2613
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Fancy seeing you here mike.
Old 2010-10-03, 09:47   Link #2614
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I'm not blaming another couple... in fact I always prefer couples in which one party always has to refrain for making the move I find that very moving especially with what Feldt did thus "I feel sorry" was bad way of describing what I feel for her, rather I empathise with her.

BTW I actually have nothing against Marina x Setsuna in fact I support both it and Feldt x Setsuna. BUT I have issues with Marina as a individual charater.

Anyway Tierra is just a joke... LOL. I rather not have yaoi too. My favourite character is Tierra after all and he was epic in the movie.
Old 2010-10-03, 11:16   Link #2615
Kittenlady

Tieria would like yaoi. Mostly he'd just like a Lockon.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 11:34   Link #2616
Sillya
Gundam 00/FMA fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I'm not blaming another couple... in fact I always prefer couples in which one party always has to refrain for making the move I find that very moving especially with what Feldt did thus "I feel sorry" was bad way of describing what I feel for her, rather I empathise with her.

BTW I actually have nothing against Marina x Setsuna in fact I support both it and Feldt x Setsuna. BUT I have issues with Marina as a individual charater.

Anyway Tierra is just a joke... LOL. I rather not have yaoi too. My favourite character is Tierra after all and he was epic in the movie.
Oh, i see. Then i'm really sorry! ^^" I feel sorry for Feldt too.(i really empathise with her too.Favorite 00 female character^^) But for Marina too.(favorite 00 female character with Feldt) Setsuna end up with Gundam.^^"
Spoiler for movie
Spoiler:

I can't wait for the movie. And... can anyone help me?
That: Which episode is it? i see Gundam 00 seasons, but i don't remember that scene.
"Ouswari!" (XD) - Kagome
Old 2010-10-03, 11:50   Link #2617
Kittenlady

It's from one of the OP's, but I couldn't tell you which one. I think it's second season, judging from the uniform, but that's it.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:01   Link #2618
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillya
Which episode is it? i see Gundam 00 seasons, but i don't remember that scene.
Somewhere at the end of Special Edition 1

Might also be in Special Edition 2, though not sure.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:50   Link #2619
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillya View Post
I can't wait for the movie. And... can anyone help me?
That: Which episode is it? i see Gundam 00 seasons, but i don't remember that scene.
It's from the ending Special Edition I. In my gallery, the first 6 pics are from the same ending: http://pics.livejournal.com/furato/gallery/00001hrb

They're not actual scenes, though.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 09:49   Link #2620
Virgo_3079
Ever forever...

Anyone interested in MilenaxTieria here?