Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-22, 19:27   Link #2601
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
Looking at the comments of the western community, that's mostly cancerous by the way, is ironic how everyone complaint either because some people wanted more drama and others because it was too short (only 2 episodes).

Honestly is very well known that DarliFra is not a revolutionary series that brings something new to the table, but it's been doing a really good job using these common characteristics we've seen before and providing a really good experience, dealing with the drama in a few episodes was the best option IMO. Sometimes I wonder why people in the west can't behave like the users posting on 5ch, there you can have a civilized discussion even when there is a clear presence of Ichigo fans and Zero Two fans.
Well, I'm from the Western Hemisphere though my country is not exactly part of the West, according to First World Western Civilization standards.

Fan hatred whether be Ichigo more and less on Zero Two is just downright ridiculous and idiotic, IMHO. Just enjoy the damn show for what it is and for what NEVER would be.

I can only come up with a few reasons as to why all this nonsense hatred:
1. People imposing their standards upon the staff and the show makers.
2. Some form or other of political correctness, which the Western World has become infamous, during the last two decades, with that crap.
3. People cynically abusing social media, because they do not have nothing else to do but bitching when their shows do not go the course they want them to go.

From what whatever I read or heard, though please correct me if I'm mistaken or generalizing, the Japanese fans' reception for DarliFra has been for the most lukewarm though glad that many of them are enjoying the show.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 19:38   Link #2602
Applehell

Except there was shitposting and such going over there too as others here have stated here and you have admitted. ANN even reported on some of this. Sure it was probably less violate, but it still existed and was bad. Neither western or Japanese anime communities consist of just those sites (and twitter shared by both) so nobody can hold the moral high ground here. I suppose I will take your word on the death threats though. That said it's not there many others in west or in Japan who thought was overblown too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 19:39   Link #2603
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
The most popular places like MAL, /a/, Reddit and Twitter went full shitposting for what happened in ep15, mainly for the usual shipping wars, there is no way you can defend that, even here the discussion reached personal attacks to certain level.

These places just aren't moderated well (or have no moderation). They are essentially the wild west of the internet and cancerous opinions are the norm.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 19:40   Link #2604
Twi

Are we sure that the death threats were fake? Or if it was just to the VA that was fake? Cause I'm getting mixed messages with google.
Old 2018-04-22, 19:42   Link #2605
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Reminder that ANN reported that most of the actual death threats came from Japanese viewers.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 19:59   Link #2606
Azurial

The core of klax looks like a baby human.....hmmm i think i know the reason that the kids never return. all the kids who were disposed of probably turn into Klax probably fuse together over the time past and became that city size "hand" if the hand is that big the body must be as big as a country
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 20:43   Link #2607
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
So are you saying this show is an indirect tie in to Eva Rebuild 3.0+1.0?
Who knows, maybe they'll have 02/Hiro fight a desperate battle against the Nines with their Mass Produced Strelizias, with Beethoven playing in the background. Oh wait, wrong Eva movie lol....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 20:45   Link #2608
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
As it stands 02 is only character got anything out of it, but Hiro didn't need to end up fighting before this resolution came.
I disagree. Hiro finally dropped his passive attitude for once (after he was brainwashed). He realized what's really important to him and acted on it (and that isn't piloting a mech).
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 20:47   Link #2609
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Oh wait, wrong Eva movie lol....
Yeah. The good one.
Old 2018-04-22, 20:52   Link #2610
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
I disagree. Hiro finally dropped his passive attitude for once (after he was brainwashed). He realized what's really important to him and acted on it (and that isn't piloting a mech).
Yeah, that happened in Rebuild too. And then came 3.0 and all the ramifications of Shinji's decision.
Old 2018-04-22, 21:26   Link #2611
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, that happened in Rebuild too. And then came 3.0 and all the ramifications of Shinji's decision.
To be fair to Hiro, his problems stem from a mind wipe and literally no one explaining to him how his aptitude for piloting suddenly dropped like a rock
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 22:24   Link #2612
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
To be fair to Hiro, his problems stem from a mind wipe and literally no one explaining to him how his aptitude for piloting suddenly dropped like a rock
Actually, everyone who knew about it seemed to have thought that it was the blue blood that messed up his piloting but after this episode it looks more like it was the mindwiping. After he got his head better put together he seemed to have no problem piloting with others.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 23:59   Link #2613
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
But that already happened in ep 6. Besides Hiro already wanted to talk to 02 about all of this anyway and went as far as to escape from his room to do that, so he wasn't passive about it. Ichigo just got in the way of all that followed by 02 conveniently beating up everyone else to drive a wedge between them. He didn't do anything from his end that he wasn't already.
Old 2018-04-23, 00:30   Link #2614
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
He didn't do anything from his end that he wasn't already.
The problem is that he was still hesitating. This episode spells it out for you, actually.
Old 2018-04-23, 00:43   Link #2615
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

My frustration is that they wasted 15 episodes on this, but barely did anything else with the time. Now they have to finish up the rest of the plot in a fraction of the time and they've barely developed anything in the plot. Most of the characters are still one dimensional and while Zero Two does have a cool character design, her and Hiro's personalities are awful. I'm still struggling to find a likeable character in this show. Goro, probably. He's best bro material.

Outside of a few breadcrumbs that are more like Captain Obvious hint drops, the show just hasn't delivered anything good. Even the action isn't that great. This was supposed to be the biggest battle yet but the choreography looked terrible and the animation budget just wasn't there.

I'm so tired of these hamfisted attempts at teenage romance that get shoehorned into everything these days. Heck even here, where it's obvious from the first five minutes that Hiro and Zero Two will get together, we have all this time spent on intentional misunderstandings and other stupid obstacles just to get these two into a damn robot at the same time. Bleh.
Old 2018-04-23, 00:56   Link #2616
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
My frustration is that they wasted 15 episodes on this, but barely did anything else with the time. Now they have to finish up the rest of the plot in a fraction of the time and they've barely developed anything in the plot. Most of the characters are still one dimensional and while Zero Two does have a cool character design, her and Hiro's personalities are awful. I'm still struggling to find a likeable character in this show. Goro, probably. He's best bro material.

Outside of a few breadcrumbs that are more like Captain Obvious hint drops, the show just hasn't delivered anything good. Even the action isn't that great. This was supposed to be the biggest battle yet but the choreography looked terrible and the animation budget just wasn't there.

I'm so tired of these hamfisted attempts at teenage romance that get shoehorned into everything these days. Heck even here, where it's obvious from the first five minutes that Hiro and Zero Two will get together, we have all this time spent on intentional misunderstandings and other stupid obstacles just to get these two into a damn robot at the same time. Bleh.
again i really feel many times which some peoples "don't really know what they are following" or only see plot as being "this is a mecha show and have monsters and conspiration than that is the "only plot", this serie plot never was "just the klaxx or the APE", what you get so far all the romance which you hated, where actually the "plot" of the serie, this serie is all about "romance and relationship" the klaxx was much more "a plot device" than the main plot, that is the problem here, you was expectating the serie being "something else" while the serie was "different" the first half of this serie plot was all really all about "romance and relationship and growing" that was the plot of the first "half" now for the second half they will focus on the klaxxus and probably on the APE, which are "part of the plot" not the "main plot, cuz the main plot here is relationship+growing+monsters+conspiration, that was the plot.
Old 2018-04-23, 01:13   Link #2617
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Yeah I'm aware of how this works. But you can have more than one thing going in a plot at the same time. If the goal of the show truly was nothing more than relationship drama, it still failed at being any good at it. But to fail at that and not delivering on anything else makes it even worse.

This isn't a case of "I expected one thing and got something else", it's a case of a writing team not being able to pace the show properly.
Old 2018-04-23, 01:18   Link #2618
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

For a moment I seriously thought Goro was going to get unceromoniously squashed when he exited his mech to stand in the battlefield....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

Ultimately, I'm not sure how I feel about Hiro just brushing off her smacking his teammates around. It wasn't just him who she hurt, it was everyone else. Seriously, I do hope she at least apologizes next episode.
he did reprimand her last ep though?
Old 2018-04-23, 02:47   Link #2619
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The problem is that he was still hesitating. This episode spells it out for you, actually.
Sure, but in ep 14 he wasn't running away from her and understood after regaining his memories that they needed to talk and took action towards. The slight hesitation came after witnessing 02 injuring his friends in her more monstrous form. It's not I would hold against him and he was gonna accept her much more readily before that.
Old 2018-04-23, 02:58   Link #2620
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Yeah I'm aware of how this works. But you can have more than one thing going in a plot at the same time. If the goal of the show truly was nothing more than relationship drama, it still failed at being any good at it. But to fail at that and not delivering on anything else makes it even worse.

This isn't a case of "I expected one thing and got something else", it's a case of a writing team not being able to pace the show properly.
well, while i feel bad which this "failed for you" overal it really worked, since the serie is a success overal despise some peoples disliking it, for me the whole drama was "good" nothing "new" but was really on par with what they wanted to cover.