Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-26, 21:52   Link #2621
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Okay..........
I am sorry, all beauty queens who are not associated with evil.

Hey, I am a beautiful girl too and I think of myself as a (somewhat) good person (who's a little shallow when it comes to looks but I blame anime lol)
Damn, just when KonaChan dumped me... miracles happen....

Like yeah, but that's just a cover I guess. But they're really ugly inside....
Old 2013-08-27, 03:16   Link #2622
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I find it more ridiculous that Satan would end up working at McDonald's....but I mean that in the best way possible.
Not any more than Satan actually being a reasonable nice guy who's in gay relationship with Saddam Hussein. Bottom, even.
Old 2013-08-27, 19:50   Link #2623
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not any more than Satan actually being a reasonable nice guy who's in gay relationship with Saddam Hussein. Bottom, even.
*snorts*

OH YEAH, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.
Old 2013-08-27, 21:30   Link #2624
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
*snorts*

OH YEAH, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.
Why would Satan be gay? It's it evil.... Or is it sleeping with an evil man is evil?
Old 2013-08-28, 02:13   Link #2625
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I love Japanese mythology anyway so series like Hell Girl and Inuyasha don't bother me.
Agreed. I enjoy their mythology quite a bit. It's very unique, almost like animism. As far as complaints go these are the stranger ones to me. Anime is no stranger to Japanese mythology for various reasons, nor the featuring of devils, demons, or satan-like people.

Typically "satan" in an anime is a concept, rather than being 'the' Satan (except in DBZ, of course. ). Ruler of all the demons? Satan. Strongest demon there is? Satan. Not really much meaning behind it all.
Quote:
I hate the last three episodes of Oreimo. I'm not offended by much but for some reason, that shit really rattled me.
Because they were so rude about it, if you ask me. They made it all seem so horrible, and inappropriate. Like there was mountains of genuine wrongdoing being perpetrated. Then after all the deception came trivialization.

I doubt many people could honestly enjoy that sort of thing, when presented so painfully.
Quote:
Hey, I am a beautiful girl too and I think of myself as a (somewhat) good person (who's a little shallow when it comes to looks but I blame anime lol.
Chiibi confirmed for evil. I knew it all along, but still...
Old 2013-08-28, 03:25   Link #2626
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Agreed. I enjoy their mythology quite a bit. It's very unique, almost like animism. As far as complaints go these are the stranger ones to me. Anime is no stranger to Japanese mythology for various reasons, nor the featuring of devils, demons, or satan-like people.
We westerners do almost the same with foreign religions and myths.
Old 2013-08-28, 20:30   Link #2627
Chiibi

Quote:
Why would Satan be gay? It's it evil.... Or is it sleeping with an evil man is evil?
Evidently you've never seen South Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Chiibi confirmed for evil. I knew it all along, but still...
Old 2013-08-29, 21:34   Link #2628
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Chiibs a dude...
No, I'm not. Takuto's just my favorite character to express myself with...because all of his expressions are the greatest.
Old 2013-08-30, 00:51   Link #2629
iLiaSs

Elfenlied, i hate that anime, shit!
Old 2013-08-30, 01:42   Link #2630
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLiaSs View Post
Elfenlied, i hate that anime, shit!
What do you exactly hate about it?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-22, 00:51   Link #2631
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Not exactly hate but I thought Psycho Pass was at the end of the day completely forgettable. I came into the series with some people calling it GitS-lite and praising it for the complex antagonist. I saw neither. There were a lot of societal issues it played around with but ultimately didn't really amount to much in the end which was a huge shame.

Free is another one. I was expecting a lot more from Kyoani after the fantastic Hyouka but I was at least hoping for something funny. I thought the characters were dull; the only one I found marginally interesting was Gou and that says a lot. Not even the hot-looking guys were enough sadly.

Madoka Magica I just couldn't get into, sorry. I thought Princess Tutu did the fairytale/magical girl deconstruction much better tbh. Then again, was never really a fan of Urobuchi and don't find any of his works particularly daring or refined.
Old 2013-09-22, 00:55   Link #2632
ArrowSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
Not exactly hate but I thought Psycho Pass was at the end of the day completely forgettable. I came into the series with some people calling it GitS-lite and praising it for the complex antagonist. I saw neither. There were a lot of societal issues it played around with but ultimately didn't really amount to much in the end which was a huge shame.

Free is another one. I was expecting a lot more from Kyoani after the fantastic Hyouka but I was at least hoping for something funny. I thought the characters were dull; the only one I found marginally interesting was Gou and that says a lot. Not even the hot-looking guys were enough sadly.

Madoka Magica I just couldn't get into, sorry. I thought Princess Tutu did the fairytale/magical girl deconstruction much better tbh. Then again, was never really a fan of Urobuchi and don't find any of his works particularly daring or refined.
I'll have to disagree with you on Psycho Pass & Madoka Magica which I found to be brilliant.

However I'd put Evangelion & Monogatari above the rest.
Old 2013-10-01, 20:05   Link #2633
Marina2

I dislike many anime from SHAFT due to their over used of stylish artwork.

I can't bring myself to watch Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari due to above reason and I never understand why they are so popular.

EDIT: Opp....mistyped. Fixed
V
V

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-10-02 at 06:30. Reason: Fixed error
Old 2013-10-02, 00:01   Link #2634
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

I can bring myself to watch Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari due to above reason and I never understand why they are so popular.
Is it me or there seems to be a contradiction for your first statement and your second statement.
Old 2013-10-05, 16:35   Link #2635
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
What do you exactly hate about it?
I don't know about him but my main gripe with Elfen Lied is the absolutely retarded plot.

You basically have this research facility that for several years did nothing but making experiments on dicloniuses and specifically we are shown how they made several testing to see what can harm them and what cannot.

Later on we even see how they developed bullets that can actually harm them, which imply they are well aware that normal bullets cannot.

And yet the internal security as well as the soldiers that they keep sending against Lucy are not only completely ignorant and totally unprepared to face those monsters, they are also completely devoid of the proper equipment that would allow them to harm them.

The inevitable result is just a total gratuitous massacre that serves no purpose but to show gory scenes to the readers/watchers.

Now I can't say that I hated the whole anime, but I really hated that aspect of it.

Quote:

I can't bring myself to watch Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari due to above reason and I never understand why they are so popular.
I attribute the success of the Monogatari series more to Nisioisin than to shaft, if your problem is just the avant-garde style of animation, you might want to try the novels instead.

Old 2013-10-05, 18:05   Link #2636
Reality_Breaker

SAO: too much like a SoL anime instead of having actual action and the romance, oh god why the hell keep throwing women at the guy when he already has a girlfriend? that's unneeded drama.:frustra ted::frustrate d:

Mirai Nikki: Worst main character ever, worst main female character ever, worst story ever, in my opinion at least.:frustra ted:

Aquarion EVOL: the only things I liked was Zessica (my favorite female in the show by far), Red haired amata (forgot his name) the better of two evils I guess, the trolling gay angel, the troll dog twist, the animation and the supporting cast, everything else sucked.

Last Exile: Fam, the silver wing: I love the original to death, why the hell did they have to retcon it.:frustrated :

Oreimo: Season 2 turned all of the time I spent watching all of those episodes into a waste of time in just one episode, i'm usually ok with these kind of endings but this one just got on my nerves, not even worth finishing in my opinion.

Pokemon Bet Wishes!: Fail all around, Pikachu losing to a level 5 pokemon, Pikachu forgetting Volt Tackle the single most powerful electric attack since Thunder, Ash losing anything that's not a gym battle (what does that say about the gym leaders), not evolving all his Pokemon again, losing the Pokemon league again this time took one step back from top 4, to top 8 (what is he afraid to succeed or something), Iris (I really hate this girl) just for the fact that she was basically winning everything and getting all of the OP Pokemon they met, filler central, etc.

let me stop there or i'll never stop complaining. the number of faces explain how upset they made me, for reference.

p.s. I think I broke the smileys.
Old 2013-10-06, 00:33   Link #2637
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Last Exile: Fam, the silver wing: I love the original to death, why the hell did they have to retcon it.
Yeah, Last Exile Fam left a very large amount to be desired.

Last Exile had such a vast amount of charm. Exploration and steampunk, and war, all nicely balanced. Fam picked up the war but really dropped the intrigue of the steampunk and the exploration. They chose some extremely weird story which, while interesting, just didn't fit well with the first. By itself the series was OK, but there was just so much lacking. It never quite felt complete.

In a weird way, the issue to me is that there was too much writing. Too much of an attempt at making this story about war and immigration. In Last Exile everything was so vague and case-by-case. There was a mystery there. Fam had something resembling a mystery. Personally, I expected it to flop from the get-go (though I wanted it to be great).
Old 2013-10-09, 21:02   Link #2638
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
SAO: too much like a SoL anime instead of having actual action and the romance, oh god why the hell keep throwing women at the guy when he already has a girlfriend? that's unneeded drama.:frustra ted::frustrate d:

Mirai Nikki: Worst main character ever, worst main female character ever, worst story ever, in my opinion at least.:frustra ted:

Aquarion EVOL: the only things I liked was Zessica (my favorite female in the show by far), Red haired amata (forgot his name) the better of two evils I guess, the trolling gay angel, the troll dog twist, the animation and the supporting cast, everything else sucked.

Last Exile: Fam, the silver wing: I love the original to death, why the hell did they have to retcon it.:frustrated :

Oreimo: Season 2 turned all of the time I spent watching all of those episodes into a waste of time in just one episode, i'm usually ok with these kind of endings but this one just got on my nerves, not even worth finishing in my opinion.

Pokemon Bet Wishes!: Fail all around, Pikachu losing to a level 5 pokemon, Pikachu forgetting Volt Tackle the single most powerful electric attack since Thunder, Ash losing anything that's not a gym battle (what does that say about the gym leaders), not evolving all his Pokemon again, losing the Pokemon league again this time took one step back from top 4, to top 8 (what is he afraid to succeed or something), Iris (I really hate this girl) just for the fact that she was basically winning everything and getting all of the OP Pokemon they met, filler central, etc.

let me stop there or i'll never stop complaining. the number of faces explain how upset they made me, for reference.

p.s. I think I broke the smileys.
So continuing where I left off:

Accel World: Small, fat, whiny protagonist couldn't get past the first episode, the second I saw him I knew I would hate the anime if I kept seeing it.

Medaka Box: A literal waste of time both the anime and Manga, Medaka took Mary Sue to another level and not in a good way I raged all though out the manga since after Not Equals arc the last decent arc in it.
Old 2013-10-11, 00:01   Link #2639

The one that stands out the most for me has to be SAO. The concept was amazing but the pacing was terrible (in my opinion). The love between Asuna and Kirito was not believable, and it ended up being the driving force of the show.
Old 2013-10-11, 00:26   Link #2640
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Sorry Nanoha fans, but I need to get this off my chest.

Ahem:

I enjoyed the first two seasons of Nanoha (season two being my fave), but I couldn't really enjoy StrikerS as much as most people did. The first two seasons felt "traditional" in the Mahou Shoujo genre, but to me... StrikerS felt like what Capcom had done to Resident Evil by eliminating the "Survival Horror" aspect of the series genre and making it into a COD shooting clone. Not really cool, very unasked for, and nobody wanted it (shudders in disgust).

Another thing I hated in StrikerS was where the hell was Yuno?! I know he was in a couple of episodes, but come on! He was freaking cool as hell, and I don't care what people or the hardcore Nanoha fans say. Who couldn't love his adorable little ferret form, plus he's a character with brains and that's good combination with his ability to use powerful spells. Did the series creators pretty much erased is presence off the face of the planet or something just to make the whole NanoFate thing secure? Oh yes, I 100% support the NanoFate pairing btw, just to get it out of the way.

In StrikerS defense an adult Nanoha, Fate (My lovely blonde and fave in the series!), and Hayate was neat to see. Vivio was adorable and Subaru and Teah were cool.

Other than that, I pretty much couldn't enjoy it as much as many people did. Sorry Nanoha fans: hate me, bash me, or curse me whatever, sorry it's my opinion. Nanoha is an amazing series, but StrikerS... didn't quite do it for me.