AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-13, 16:29   Link #2621
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Truth. If you had a crossover with Saber, Goku, Sailor Moon etc and they all died to an evil version of miku from a niche music video there would be a lot of angry fans and there's no way the acceptance would be universal. This show just sidestepped the issue.
yeah that is the big issue with that episode and how altair battle was, they used a biased non sense logic which make the whole audience forget which some of the characters like selesia where "high popular and supposed to have a large fanbase of otakus" which ended "liking" that "bad ending,

that is the big issue no way that sort of "acceptance could be valid", because altair is just a "meme" while the others where pretty popular and liked characters, not some "random unknow guys" and only altair matter in the end.

again using the real life logic and as you told puting all that peoples together i really doubt the same situation could happen and peoples be happy about a insane op mary sue miku beat everyone just because she is "op" and a meme, no matter how "troll internet is" nowadyas not all trolls will cheer for the same character for the sake of "troll" because among the trolls you have the fans of the others characters which will "troll" to protect they loved characters.

that thing about acceptance was played totally biased and poor writing from the writers and totally "for the sake of make altair look cool" and everyone "love her" and want see her redemption since looks like altar is hiroe waifu, really a terrible handled choice.

if they used at last a excuse like altair using her hax power to "brainwash" the audience in cheer for her could be more belieavable than they just "cheering" for her out of nowhere.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-13 at 16:41.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 23:03   Link #2622
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Well sure but what does that have to do with what I said before?
You mentioned this...

Quote:
People are upset about the fake audience because they believe that in real life, that many people liking the anime is impossible.
...and I was reminded of Touhou, one of the concepts with the largest following (to the point of having its own doujin convention) and the most diverse fanmade lore. Hatsune Miku is a more accurate point of comparison to Altair, but everyone has already mentioned her.

Were you trying to point out the amount of people who are Altair's fans? Because we cannot talk about that because they didn't seem to make the exact figure. The Touhou fanbase, at least the Japanese side of it, has some estimates.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 23:54   Link #2623
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
People are upset about the fake audience because they believe that in real life, that many people liking the anime is impossible.
to be very clear the big problem is not peoples liking or not the anime but the fact which the fake audience only supported altair which is the impossible and unreasonable aind impossible, it's basically saying which the peoples whre there only for altair and no one of the others characters from the crossover don't have any fan which is the big contraction here, again have some of the audience cheering fro altair is =//= from almost everyone doing that, this is dumg and forced it's means which that others characters really never had any fanbase and peoples where there only for altair whch go against the fact which that series and characters where popular and liked and where supposed to have supporters/audience too, not only altair.
Old 2017-09-14, 00:22   Link #2624
Zangor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Final episode preview.

"Next time; The final episode - Re:Creators.
And so the world wanders on yet again; in accordance with its countless stories."
I appreciate you translating what the teaser says. It doesn't give any more info to speculate on really but it always nags at me when i don't know what gets said in these.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 08:10   Link #2625
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
to be very clear the big problem is not peoples liking or not the anime but the fact which the fake audience only supported altair which is the impossible and unreasonable aind impossible, it's basically saying which the peoples whre there only for altair and no one of the others characters from the crossover don't have any fan which is the big contraction here, again have some of the audience cheering fro altair is =//= from almost everyone doing that, this is dumg and forced it's means which that others characters really never had any fanbase and peoples where there only for altair whch go against the fact which that series and characters where popular and liked and where supposed to have supporters/audience too, not only altair.
Obviously, there were people who didn't like Altair or the ending or even the entire thing. They only showed the people who liked it because otherwise, it would ruin the mood.

But yeah, I like I said. You are upset that you aren't be represented in the fake audience.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 08:55   Link #2626
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Obviously, there were people who didn't like Altair or the ending or even the entire thing. They only showed the people who liked it because otherwise, it would ruin the mood.

But yeah, I like I said. You are upset that you aren't be represented in the fake audience.
You don't seem to see the problem here. We are talking about fans of the heroes, KNOWN fans of the heroes, showing up, only to want THEIR heroes to lose at the end.

You seem to be of the opinion that fandom is a hive mind? Because that's basically the same assumption the anime made. That everyone like the same things. It seems the entire studio knows nothing about fandom.
Old 2017-09-14, 09:06   Link #2627
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, so you're disappointed they didn't show a bunch of anime fans tear up the city lines a bunch of soccer fans?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 09:43   Link #2628
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You don't seem to see the problem here. We are talking about fans of the heroes, KNOWN fans of the heroes, showing up, only to want THEIR heroes to lose at the end.
If you put it that way then it doesn't make sense. It's pretty stupid even.

But that's just your interpretation of the show. The reason it is stupid is that you decided to interpret it in a stupid way to validate your opinion that the show is stupid.

Try to imagine that the anime wasn't written by idiots. Wasn't directed by idiots. Wasn't acted by idiots. Try to connect everything that happened in a way that seems reasonable.
Old 2017-09-14, 10:17   Link #2629
Magewolf

Quote:
If you put it that way then it doesn't make sense. It's pretty stupid even.

But that's just your interpretation of the show. The reason it is stupid is that you decided to interpret it in a stupid way to validate your opinion that the show is stupid.

Try to imagine that the anime wasn't written by idiots. Wasn't directed by idiots. Wasn't acted by idiots. Try to connect everything that happened in a way that seems reasonable.
But that is what happened. Hatsune Miku was able to get overwhelming support from the audience after killing Saber, Cardcaptor Sakura, and having Asuna Yuuki take out Kirito in a suicide attack just to beat her.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 10:28   Link #2630
Blueknight78

Quote:

that the problem in order to "believe in that" i must believe which "faeries exist", because "someone told which exist", while is really possible to have peoples which don't liked what happened they as you told "didin't show it" they show only peoples liking altair this make impossible to know how many don't liked or even if somoene don't liked, in anime you can't "offscreen" important facts like that, by showing only peoples cheering for her and no peoples anger over the actions, they remove any credibility the show could have because now we "must believe on your words" to make sense right??? and not on what anime showed.

when discuss animes what matter more are "facts" and things which happened in anime, assumptions and theories are just opnions without a base, the anime could be much more beliavable if they showed altair slowly/progressively gain the support of the audience over the othes characters, like in the beginner the majority cheering for the heroes but as the battle keep going she manage to make slowly turning to her side not "magically anyone cheering or at last make it look plausible like she using her power to brainwash everyone or something like that. that is the point, not a big asspull as they did.

because the audience was a asspull.
Old 2017-09-14, 10:35   Link #2631
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

You seem to be of the opinion that fandom is a hive mind? Because that's basically the same assumption the anime made. That everyone like the same things. It seems the entire studio knows nothing about fandom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
But that is what happened. Hatsune Miku was able to get overwhelming support from the audience after killing Saber, Cardcaptor Sakura, and having Asuna Yuuki take out Kirito in a suicide attack just to beat her.
Funnily enough, you guys are making the same error that the Creators in the story made. You figure that lining up the heroes to fight Altair is enough to gain the audiences acceptance.

Maybe Altair became a breakout character and gained a lot of acceptance from people.

Maybe people started rooting for Altair because she was being ganged up on.

There are any number of reasons. Open your mind a little.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 12:44   Link #2632
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or maybe it wasn't quite a popularity contest to start with. Characters get powers if the audience accepts they have such powers, but that doesn't mean the most popular wins. Luffy couldn't defeat Freezah, no matter how much more popular he is, because the audience accepts Freezah can just destroy the planet they stand on, while Luffy can just stretch and compress and do some magic Haki stuff that isn't on a planet destroying level.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 12:58   Link #2633
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Funnily enough, you guys are making the same error that the Creators in the story made. You figure that lining up the heroes to fight Altair is enough to gain the audiences acceptance.

Maybe Altair became a breakout character and gained a lot of acceptance from people.

Maybe people started rooting for Altair because she was being ganged up on.

There are any number of reasons. Open your mind a little.
that is they "keyword" "maybe", because nothing really was showed to bake that assumption, in the same way we can say "open your mind" cuz also "maybe was a just asspull and bad writing", because they don't give any explanation and just "throwed out of nothing" the crownd automatically/magically goes for her.

it's not the same mistake is about logic, again unless you can proof which altair had more audience than characters well stabilished with supposed more fan base just because she is a "japan internet meme", again is the same of put luffy, goku, saber, seya, cloud or tiffa and put miko and expectate which miko have automatically a supperior support to overshadow the others characters, is not about "open mind" is about being pick.
Old 2017-09-14, 13:36   Link #2634
Kurohane

In the end, the anime didn't define "acceptance" well enough. The on;y threw the word around to justify what could and couldn't happen.
Old 2017-09-14, 13:42   Link #2635
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
In the end, the anime didn't define "acceptance" well enough. The on;y threw the word around to justify what could and couldn't happen.
yeah that is pretty much what i get here, acceptance was just whatever they wanted to be in the end.
Old 2017-09-14, 15:27   Link #2636
xizro345
King's Justice

I disagree. The anime laid out its rules and even the deus ex machina that was needed to break them well before this episode.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 15:32   Link #2637
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I disagree. The anime laid out its rules and even the deus ex machina that was needed to break them well before this episode.
if audience is about only a "meme character" able to break any rule but others characters no then i really disagree with you, because manga, novel and anime market are full of characters breaking rules all the times and pulling asspull and deus ex machina powerups and i don't see audience being pick as they where on that serie.
Old 2017-09-14, 22:14   Link #2638
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
"Acceptance" ended up looking like "compliance".
And we all know how Japanese culture is all about compliance.

Maybe that's why the depiction of the fans in Re:C felt alien to some... it was simply because the fans acted like Japanese people with their Japanese idea of "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down". Imagine the riots caused by fanbase wars breaking out if this occurred somewhere else.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 22:24   Link #2639
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
It is not impossible.

1. Altair is not Miku but a touhou. I don't know much about them but some of them are definitely totally OP/broken characters. Her beating characters from realistic shows is pretty reasonable, the opposite might be harder to believe.

2.Everything that happens doesn't effect the main story so they didn't "die for real". That makes a big difference.

3. The Selestia/Charon was awesome. I think a lot of fans would happy with that kinda of match up, they will probably never see that in tbe original story. And again, they didn't die for real.

4. Alice's death didn't seems as great. However she is in a pretty tragic story so deaths like that are probably pretty common. The fact that she died because "she wasn't the main character of this story" is pretty clever and fans probably appreciate that.

5. Tbe Altair fight is pretty similar to the second Aizen fight in human world. Aizen completely wrecked the good guys, often with contemptuous ease. The good guys had various plots to defeat him but he stopped them all. A battle where the good guys are trying to defeat a seemingly undefeatable foe is actually quite appealing. And battle where favorite characters die also happen alot.

6. Not every story has to end with the good guys beating up the bad guys. The good guys convincing the bad guy that he was wrong isn't that rare. A common scenario is that the bad guy hits the self destruct button on his secret base, while telling the good guys to escape.

7. The audience are watching a story. They knew that Altair was going to be defeated somehow. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the epic beatdowns before that happens
Old 2017-09-14, 23:53   Link #2640
Shadow5YA

Quote:
7. The audience are watching a story. They knew that Altair was going to be defeated somehow. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the epic beatdowns before that happens
But she wasn't defeated. She became a god who could sustain the life of her own creator.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning