AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-23, 19:26   Link #2661
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless Shirou takes a path similar to Archer, in which case he'd wind up alone until death.
I think saving Sakura makes that highly unlikely, TBH. He'd realise she needed help and stay with her in order to provide it, because running away from a person in need is not something that Shirou would do.

Quote:
Well, not counting magical stuff, when was the last time a teenage girl obeyed her parents/grandparents unconditionally?
I meant younger children. But, teenagers with strict upbringings do tend to obey their parents (unlss they go totally off the rails), and even more so when said parents have the ability to enforce their rules through physical violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I remember an interlude with Zouken wondering how he will control Sakura. He may be able to active the crest worm and throw her to the worms, but she still wouldn't do what he told her. She has an iron will and he knew that. That is why he used Shirou and Rin.
Well, he can't force her to follow every command, but she will follow the vast majority of them. It's only things she really doesn't want to do (like fighting against Shirou in the Grail War) that she will dare to attempt to resist. And, in any case, the worms still mean that she can't escape, which is what matters here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Honestly, I'm confused. Why would Sakura feel resentment about the fact that Shirou is with Rin? Going by UBW she never made any moves towards him anyway, so she'd have no legit reason to resent the fact that he fell in love with Rin; not to mention, even if she bears a grudge against Rin, I can't see her being truly resentful of the relationship if both of them are happy, especially Shirou.
Because her sister has, yet again, taken everything from her, in particular the person she loves. But, yeah, I personally don't think she would, at least not enough to make her turn down a chance to be near to him and her sister. However, there are bound to be some residual feelings of jealousy and some feelings of "if only".

Quote:
Besides, at least in UBW, Rin doesn't treat Shirou badly at all. By the end of the route they were definitely on more equal ground from where they started. So I'm sort of failing to see why Sakura would resent a relationship between them, besides the whole "she has what I want" thing.
Well, the "she has what I want" thing would be about it, yes. Nothing else should really be a problem, as long as she sees that Shirou is happy. Like I said, I don't think it'd be a major issue, but nevertheless, Sakura has a lot of jealousy and resentment towards Rin for taking essentially everything from her, and for her to take Shirou too would be a bitter blow. However, if Rin then went out of her way to save Sakura, started treating her like as sister and invited her to come and live with her, I'd imagine it would mostly be forgotten.

Really, I only said that because I knew someone else would, and I wanted to get that idea out of the way rather than have people claim I'd missed it (someone said that Sakura would not be willing to go to London with Rin and Shirou last time I mentioned this idea, for the reason I just gave).

Quote:
Did Shirou & Rin ever make their relationship official? Cause if they didn't Sakura could jump in and fight. That'd be good. I love triangles with sisters for some reason, lol.
Even if they hadn't (like other people have said, I believe the implication was that it would be announced after the holidays), it'd be hard for someone like Sakura not to notice, and in any case until she's free from Zouken she won't make a move on Shirou because it places him in danger.

If she tried, the outcome might be rather nice (for Shirou), though, because it's quite plausible that he could bag both sisters. Sakura would accept such a relationship because she would want to be with Shirou even if she had to share him, and Rin would accept it out of guilt towards and love for her sister.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 19:30   Link #2662
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
If she tried, the outcome might be rather nice (for Shirou), though, because it's quite plausible that he could bag both sisters. Sakura would accept such a relationship because she would want to be with Shirou even if she had to share him, and Rin would accept it out of guilt towards and love for her sister.
The only flaw there being that, in UBW, it's rather implicitly stated by Shirou himself that the only one he loves is Rin and he wants to be with her. Honestly, I can't see Shirou being the type to even look at another girl once he starts dating someone, which was shown in all three routes, really: in Fate he was loyal to Saber even though Rin was around, in UBW he was loyal to Rin even though Saber was around, and in HF he was loyal to Sakura even though both Saber and Rin were around. He seems like a one-woman man to me from how he's been developed.
Old 2010-08-23, 19:39   Link #2663
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
According to UBW True they were never official about their relationship, no. But UBW True also took place a month after the War, and it was pretty obvious they both loved each other a lot then, so even if she jumped in I don't know what chance Sakura would have had.
Seduce him?
Old 2010-08-23, 19:45   Link #2664
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Seduce him?
No offense, but I highly doubt Sakura could seduce Shirou if he already loved another girl. Heck, much of the buildup in HF is so he finally acknowledges her as a woman and not as his family, so in routes where that revelaton never happened, I can't see a seduction working.
Old 2010-08-23, 19:46   Link #2665
GDB

Quote:
No offense, but I highly doubt Sakura could seduce Shirou if he already loved another girl. Heck, much of the buildup in HF is so he finally acknowledges her as a woman and not as his family, so in routes where that revelaton never happened, I can't see a seduction working.
Queue Sakura_Flash.motivational_poster.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 19:57   Link #2666
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Queue Sakura_Flash.motivational_poster.

Fresh off the press...not sure how good it is though.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:02   Link #2667
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

I'd probably say no to that, to be honest.

Spoiler for HF:
Old 2010-08-23, 20:05   Link #2668
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
*Snip*

More like FLESH off the press, am I right?

*Crickets*

You people...
Old 2010-08-23, 20:09   Link #2669
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

Spoiler for HF:
Well, you have to take the censor away and throw in the description. She was highly aroused when she did that, sooo yeah.

And what's unsettling? She looks embarrassed to me.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:10   Link #2670
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
The only flaw there being that, in UBW, it's rather implicitly stated by Shirou himself that the only one he loves is Rin and he wants to be with her. Honestly, I can't see Shirou being the type to even look at another girl once he starts dating someone, which was shown in all three routes, really: in Fate he was loyal to Saber even though Rin was around, in UBW he was loyal to Rin even though Saber was around, and in HF he was loyal to Sakura even though both Saber and Rin were around. He seems like a one-woman man to me from how he's been developed.
Well, yeah, in all honesty you're right (bet you didn't expect that ).

If there was an actual competition, though, I could easily imagine a threesome forming. But, it'd likely have to be more driven by Rin and Sakura rather than by Shirou because, like you said, he is generally a one-woman man.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 20:10   Link #2671
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:

Spoiler for HF:
Well, she does look a little creepy in that shot, yes. But that's to be expected. FSN's H-scenes are not the best example of erotica.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 20:12   Link #2672
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
If there was an actual competition, though, I could easily imagine a threesome forming. But, it'd likely have to be more driven by Rin and Sakura rather than by Shirou because, like you said, he is generally a one-woman man.
That would be the ideal situation.

And I don't think it would be driven by him since he just stood there in Fate.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:12   Link #2673
GDB

I was more talking about the one with Shirou's head in the frame, with the photoshopped text bubble where he's like "I don't see where you're going with this."
Old 2010-08-23, 20:14   Link #2674
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I was more talking about the one with Shirou's head in the frame, with the photoshopped text bubble where he's like "I don't see where you're going with this."
I haven't seen that one.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:15   Link #2675
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I haven't seen that one.
I have. I found it on Photobucket. Can't remember what tags I used to find it, though.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:15   Link #2676
GDB

Found it:
Spoiler for Space saver:
Old 2010-08-23, 20:19   Link #2677
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ahh...that is good, I like the bubble placement. He really did act like that a little too.

I think the "like this guy" should be taken out though. You don't want the message to be too long.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:23   Link #2678
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I can't really blame the guy, honestly. He's had a long, rough week.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:27   Link #2679
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
With plenty of nightmare sex, which, frankly, Sakura's H material is just another serving of. I like to think that after HF, Shirou became Super Celibate. This may or may not have involved his hair turning blonde.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:44   Link #2680
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That is true, a lot of crazy stuff happened after all, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
With plenty of nightmare sex, which, frankly, Sakura's H material is just another serving of. I like to think that after HF, Shirou became Super Celibate. This may or may not have involved his hair turning blonde.
I hiiiiigghhly doubt that. Besides, we know that's not the case since it's said that they do it, a lot. It would be pretty funny if he did that, Sakura would be really annoyed.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel