Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-14, 08:05   Link #2661
OverFunk
It will never be the year

I'm calling it now.

Hanyuu dies to San in a very Hinagiku vs Luna way. San loses to Fate. Everything will go as planned.

Never forget
Old 2008-08-14, 08:09   Link #2662
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I'm expecting San to defeat Hanyuu actually. Predicting Hanyuu will suffer due to a similar reason she suffers in ISML. And San is pretty tough in her own right. Now that Rozen Maiden is no longer in ISML, I have a feeling the strategic voting and/or hate voting will drop dramatically, as the two strongest factions no longer have to compete. Ofcourse, It's still going to exist, but not to the extent where Louise defeats...say Kagami.
Eh? Last I checked, Suigintou and Suiseiseki are on the entry list for ISML 2009...
Old 2008-08-14, 08:13   Link #2663
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I meant "Saimoe", needless to say I'm very surprised you're the only one who brought that up.
Old 2008-08-14, 08:17   Link #2664
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I meant "Saimoe", needless to say I'm very surprised you're the only one who brought that up.
I'm not. Just about nobody knows how the entry list for ISML 2009 works anyway. I know at least 33 girls that will be poking their heads throughout the next year.

Besides - kind of a reminder that the Rozen Dolls haven't all gone back to their suitcases.
Old 2008-08-14, 08:39   Link #2665
OverFunk
It will never be the year

I come bearing gifts.

Preliminary 1 Summary

Preliminary 2 Summary

Anon Brackets

It's always easier with images. Also, done by Poster Anon.

Never forget
Old 2008-08-14, 08:54   Link #2666
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

I watch more than just KyoAni qtip...

Calling Hinagiku rape for her group and Fate to take hers easily.
Old 2008-08-14, 09:26   Link #2667
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Am I the only one that is worried about C.C. in A block? San might be a worry for Hanyuu, but C.C. could become a destroyer and serious threat to even Fate and Rika.

That is if the Japanese voters have raging CG fangirls or that Korean group is able to vote in Saimoe.
Old 2008-08-14, 09:34   Link #2668
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
I watch more than just KyoAni qtip...

Calling Hinagiku rape for her group and Fate to take hers easily.
Well, not all of the voters, but the majority of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Am I the only one that is worried about C.C. in A block? San might be a worry for Hanyuu, but C.C. could become a destroyer and serious threat to even Fate and Rika.

That is if the Japanese voters have raging CG fangirls or that Korean group is able to vote in Saimoe.
Well, Code Geass is probably as popular (or moreso) in Japan than Korea, and she did display a relatively strong performance last year. I'm also a bit worried about her, but I don't think she can compete with the other characters of the block.
Old 2008-08-14, 09:43   Link #2669
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
C6
園崎詩音@ひぐらしのなく頃に解(Sonozaki Shion@Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
古河早苗@CLANNAD(Furukawa Sanae@CLANNAD)
柊かがみ@らき☆すた(Hiiragi Kagami@Lucky*Star)
now THIS one is a bummer! i wanna vote for kagamin AND sanae... i know kagamin will have no problems, but i didnt want sanae to get kicked out early. hell i even wanted her to win! or at least get in top 8... (MILFs ftw), why did she have to get block-shafted.

Quote:
D3
坂上智代@CLANNAD(Sakagami Tomoyo@CLANNAD)
シェリル・ノーム@マクロスFRONTIER(Sheryl Nome@Macross FRONTIER)
坂井千草@灼眼のシャナII(Sakai Chigusa@Shakugan no Shana Second)
here's another one... sheryl vs tomoyo... block out the sheryl sympathy from recent episodes and i think i'll go with tomoyo...

Quote:
D9
ファティナ@ドルアーガの塔 〜the Aegis of URUK〜(Fatina@Druaga no Tou ~the Aegis of URUK~)
マリア@ハヤテのごとく!(Maria@Hayate no Gotoku!)
竜宮レナ@ひぐらしのなく頃に解(Ryuuguu Rena@Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! thats 2 years a row that maria-san's had bad block luck... im voting her anyway, and hope for the best

Quote:
H3
春原芽衣@CLANNAD(Sunohara Mei@CLANNAD)
アイ@ARIA シリーズ(Ai@ARIA series)
赤夜萌香@ロザリオとバンパイア(Akashiya Moka@Rosario + Vampire)
awwww... i HOPE moka doesn't lose because of sheer clannad force

禁則事項です
Old 2008-08-14, 10:36   Link #2670
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
It still amazes me that there is only one second round matchup possible between LS characters, otherwise they are all on opposite sides of their brackets. Even Nanoha and Code Geass have first round intershow matchups. This bracket should have been pitched and redone. At least make an attempt to make it look like it was random
Old 2008-08-14, 11:31   Link #2671
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

You all seem to forget...

Sickly + Little Sister + Pure + Cute = Walking Pillar of Moe

Expect for Yutaka to give Hayate a run for her money.
Old 2008-08-14, 11:52   Link #2672
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Group H2 is also known as "Hina's Revenge."

...I don't really want to be reminded of Yutaka. She benefited from having an episode dedicated to her air right before her match with Nanoha, and then almost won. Lucky Star hate will probably not kick into full swing until 4th round again this year, too.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:10   Link #2673
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Guys, keep in mind that Konata is the one to go to when you need to reaffirm your definition of moe.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:31   Link #2674
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Okay, time for me to give group predictions. Bold is who I think would win, but apparently there's more than one, so I don't know.

Group A
Rika/Fate vs. San/C.C.

Group A1 is a relatively weak group, save for a handful of crazy competitors in the right side. I know for sure that the winner of group A1B will be facing Rika. It seems to be a close battle and a tough one for Fate, who will have to face Mion and what seems to be Fuko in two close preliminary rounds. I would say Rika would win group A1, but not sure, so I'm leaving Fate in there just in case.

Group A2 is also relatively weak. Expect San Seto to make it to the top 32. As for who she will face, I would believe it to be a showdown between C.C. and Hanyuu. While I can't say for the Japanese crowd, I'm pretty sure Hanyuu doesn't come off as strong as San Seto or C.C., so this will be an interesting matchup. Don't expect both Furude sisters to come out as Group A finalists.

Group B
Kirino Chiba (Bamboo Blade) vs. Vivio (Nanoha)

Group B1, again, is a relatively weak group, but two candidates from both sides stand out strong - Kirino Chiba, and Runa Edomae. I would honestly think that Runa may have what it takes to take out Kirino, but the fact of the matter is, I don't see that happening considering how strong Bamboo Blade has gone out of the gun. So I would think that Kirino Chiba will take this matchup.

For Group B2, I would have bet all my money that Haruhi Suzumiya will pull a fast one and win Group B2 outright - if it weren't for Vivio meeting her in the first round. I really think that Haruhi will be a target early on for the Nanoha crowd and Vivio will pull an upset. As for Ryou and Yukine, I really think that whoever wins this one will lose to Miyuki, who will lose to Vivio. Don't expect Group B to be exciting at all at this point, but we will see.

Group C
Kagami/Vita vs. Kyou/Louise/Yuno

There's a huge matchup in Round 1 already between Kagami, Shion, and Sanae, but I would easily expect Kagami to win it, as the haters won't be able to decide who to vote for to knock her out. However, I'm pretty sure she will have a tough time against Vita in here, so this will be very close indeed.

Group C2 will have a big Round 2 matchup between Kyou and Louise. I don't know how Kyou will do against a big name competitor, especially since Louise has the "currently on air" bonus, not to mention the ever so popular Key hate. The winner of Kyou vs. Louise will face Yuno, but either way, it will be way too close to call. Keep an eye on this group for a moment, because it will take breaths away.

Group D
Kotomi/Tomoyo/Konata vs. Rena/Maria

Are you kidding me - Group D1 is nuts. An inter-Clannad matchup in Round 2 followed by a run-in with Konata is just absolutely crazy. I won't even begin on where we are going to go here. My money will probably be on Konata, since Lucky Star has more support than Key in general, but I'm just not saying that for sure yet, as Tomoyo is making waves lately with her OVA. And don't count out Kotomi either - Tomoyo is stronger indeed, but Kotomi may pull a surprise out of her hat.

Group D2 is another weak group, save for that round 1 matchup between Maria and Rena. I'm inclined to think that Maria will be avenging her round 1 loss in J Saimoe, but with Rena in there, I'm not so sure. I do believe that the winner of that matchup will take out Teana and what looks to be Wilhemina, then defeat Miyako in the Round of 32. From there, it will be a KyoAni vs. Not showdown.

Group E
Shana/Nanoha vs. Tamaki/Horo

Group E1 is just blood in the round of 32. Actually, before that in the Round of 96. Shana has to deal with the one girl who could be considered the most moe of all time, Rei Ayanami. That means that Shana might not even see Nanoha in the round of 32. I don't have Rei winning this one because I don't think in my mind that Rei would put up a showing against Shana because not many people will know she's in this tournament, so my guess is a Shana/Nanoha matchup in the round of 32, and that gives off serious rivalry vibes.

Group E2 is relatively weak, but two names will jump out here - Tamaki and Horo. They'll meet in the Round of 96, where I would honestly expect a very close matchup here. The winner of this round will face either Siesta of Nia in the Round of 32, but both will handle either one of them easily.

Group F
Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad) vs. Miku Hatsune (Sayonara Zetsubou)

Group F1 is completely weak that there's no point in commenting about it. With the relative weakness in strength, Nagisa will take this group hands down.

Group F2 is slightly stronger, but this one is probably also a cinch, though less much so. Miku Hatsune may be the most hated candidate in this group, but expect her to still keep her competition at bay. Hayate and what would be Yutaka will give her some stress, but I expect her to stick around for a while. She will probably clinch Group F in this one.

Group G
Akari/Chihiro vs. Nagi/Tsukasa

Group G1 is even weaker than Group F1. Not one girl here is one I would see making top 8. The closest I can come up here is a close match between Akari and Chihiro, with probably Akari taking over.

However, Group G2 has two girls that can take out the Group G1 winner in a heartbeat. Nagi has a pretty easy road to the round of 32, and so does Tsukasa, which means a battle among both will ensure in a huge way. Note that Tsukasa is relatively weaker than Nagi, so I would have given Nagi the matchup. However, with that Lucky Star OVA lurking in the distance, I'm not so sure. I believe that the winner of Nagi/Tsukasa will go on to win Group G.

Group H
Mei/Isumi vs. Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)

Group H1 again is weak, and while Mei is a huge darkhorse here, I'm not so sure how a minor Clannad character will do remotely well here. I'm highly expecting Isumi to beat Mei, but with that relative unknown, far to be safe from sorry.

This probably means Hinagiku will take Group H after that early exit last year. With the exception of Alice and - don't laugh - Eika, none of the contestants have a chance of putting Hina down with hatred. To be fair, I really think Eika does have what it takes to make even the top 8 in this competition, but I'm pretty sure Hina will handle it. Hinagiku will probably be able to win over Mei or Isumi and will move on to top 8.

Final thoughts: I don't care what you say, but the bottom line is - Groups A, C, D, and E will be your place to watch if you want to see close matchups and complete zetsubou. It's too crazy to even call it, so it will be fun to watch.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:55   Link #2675
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Group F
Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad) vs. Miku Hatsune (Sayonara Zetsubou)

Group F1 is completely weak that there's no point in commenting about it. With the relative weakness in strength, Nagisa will take this group hands down.

Group F2 is slightly stronger, but this one is probably also a cinch, though less much so. Miku Hatsune may be the most hated candidate in this group, but expect her to still keep her competition at bay. Hayate and what would be Yutaka will give her some stress, but I expect her to stick around for a while. She will probably clinch Group F in this one.
I'm not even sure what to say about this. Did you even watch the Nanoha series? I don't think she has the series prowess to get out of the second round (Yutaka), or even the first (Hayate), and Nagisa would pummel her in the final if she somehow slipped through the cracks to there.

Thankfully, there are people out there who vote for actual anime characters.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:03   Link #2676
DigimonTamer

A possible Guchuko vs. Kyou Takamimori matchup in the 2nd round. That just isn't fair!!

Guchuko would never hurt Kyou, lol.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:25   Link #2677
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Nagi to win Group G. Tama-chan to pull off an upset and take Group E.

You heard it here first.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:28   Link #2678
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
I'm not even sure what to say about this. Did you even watch the Nanoha series? I don't think she has the series prowess to get out of the second round (Yutaka), or even the first (Hayate), and Nagisa would pummel her in the final if she somehow slipped through the cracks to there.

Hey, I said "much less so". Emphasis on much. I do agree that Hayate will give Miku way too much pressure, as well as Yutaka (moebleed), but I honestly think that there will be a huge Miku showing, that because she is "different" than the rest. That being said, I highly doubt that Nagisa will make top 8, despite having an easy road in the top 16.

EDIT: My Saimoe Statistics highly say otherwise. Top 20 and what group they're in.

Group A - #8 Fuko Ibuki, #15 Hanyuu Furude, #18 Fate T. Harlaown

Group B - #10 Kirino Chiba, #20 Mikan Yuuki

Group C - #1 Kyou Fujibayashi, #5 Kagami Hiiragi, #7 Yuno, #14 Louise Francoise

Group D - #4 Maria, #12 Rena Ryuguu, #19 Konata Izumi,

Group E - #2 Horo, #11 Tamaki Kawazoe,

Group F - #9 Nagisa Furukawa, #17 Yutaka Kobayakawa

Group G - #3 Nagi Sanzen'in, #6 Tsukasa Hiiragi,

Group H - #13 Hinagiku Katsura, #16 Isumi Saginomiya

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-08-14 at 14:00.
Old 2008-08-14, 14:03   Link #2679
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Whee! I'm back. I decided to skip out on ISML and prelims of Saimoe, but I'm back for Round 1

I'm at work right now, but I'll fit in some time to do predictions. And of course, I'm still a Hina fan
Old 2008-08-14, 14:09   Link #2680
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post

She doesn't need series prowess, just youtube!
Even if she did beat Hayate, the entire Nanoha voting population would rage and Yutaka would rape her hard-like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Whee! I'm back. I decided to skip out on ISML and prelims of Saimoe, but I'm back for Round 1

I'm at work right now, but I'll fit in some time to do predictions. And of course, I'm still a Hina fan
lolSanDiego.
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe