AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 10:15   Link #26821
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Vampire!Fate, picks up after FF.N left off:

Spoiler for Vampire!Fate:

Spoiler for Next part:

no votes. Next part is done, but I'm leaving it here for now :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:02   Link #26822
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Posted Chapter 2 of "A Familiar Life..." on Fanfiction.net. I made some edits, mostly adding in sentences here and there, after looking over all the commentary I got for it here. Now hopefully it will foreshadow my eventual Reveal in later chapters better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Vampire!Fate, picks up after FF.N left off:

Spoiler for Vampire!Fate:

Spoiler for Next part:

no votes. Next part is done, but I'm leaving it here for now :3
Hmm, interesting...I wonder what's going to happen to Nanoha after this set of withdrawal symptoms passes. Will she return to the way she was before, or did Fate's blood permanently change things?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:12   Link #26823
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Withdrawal? Gah I keep thinking she hopped up on peeps x_X haha

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:36   Link #26824
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I'm starting to feel afraid that this could end badly for Nanoha, my overactive imagination can be blamed for that but still...
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 21:32   Link #26825
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I vote for a Kill 'Em All ending.

*shot repeatedly*
Old 2010-09-03, 21:37   Link #26826
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wouldn't be the first time Satashi's offed Nanoha in a depressing manner...
Old 2010-09-04, 03:23   Link #26827
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Sleep? Why would I need that, when I can be writing Chapter 4 instead?

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Spoiler for A Familiar Life... Chapter 4:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

Thanks goes to Kaijo and Alavon, who between the two of them helped inspire this new idea!

Now...time to go snooze.....
Old 2010-09-04, 11:42   Link #26828
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Thanks goes to Kaijo and Alavon, who between the two of them helped inspire this new idea!

Well that certainly works and it was a good twist. I wonder why they lied and made things more complicated. Maybe Fate was feeling so guilty and felt she needed some kind of punishment? I also wonder what further role Yuuno has in all this. It was great seeing him debate that prosecutor. Dragging him into the girls bathroom was also hilarious

I wonder about the whole 'willingness' thing. Actual medical law is that you need to ask the person for permission before you help them. However if that person is unconcious or otherwise unable to answer, it's considered as permission given. So if we apply that to this case, since Nanoha was in a coma/dead, then it should be covered.
Old 2010-09-04, 14:37   Link #26829
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

XD

YAY! An UPDATE!

Wow...now you added a new twist. Why did she lie?
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 14:53   Link #26830
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Maybe she just lied for the irony of having the same charges of her mom?
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:22   Link #26831
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Nice to see Yuuno getting a larger role in this fic. I'm quite curious to see how his helping Fate will play out, since currently it seems Fate is the main target of the investigation. Knowing Yuuno, if push comes to shove, I'm sure he'll step up and help Fate out so at the very least if she falls, she doesn't fall alone. He's the kind of guy who would do something like that.

Though, interestingly, I'm noticing a little gap here. You have when Nanoha dies, when she's revived by Fate and Yuuno, and then when she wakes up from the coma or whatever. The gap is during the time that Nanoha was dead, and Fate and Yuuno revived her. Now, clearly, Nanoha doesn't know what happened; she was dead. So that means that the only two who really know what happened are Fate and Yuuno.

Which makes me wonder if perhaps a little bit more went into the reviving of Nanoha than either Fate or Yuuno are willing to admit... hm, now I'm thinking about it!
Old 2010-09-04, 19:06   Link #26832
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Hmm, I think this is the longest period of time I've gone before updating this fic, heh. Two weeks. =(

Future Tense

Chapter 17: Bereft

In which Nanoha makes a pair of confrontations, and learns some surprising things, while there are interesting shifts back at the Bureau...

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 17: Bereft:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 19:26   Link #26833
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hmm, I think this is the longest period of time I've gone before updating this fic, heh. Two weeks. =(

Future Tense

In which Nanoha makes a pair of confrontations, and learns some surprising things, while there are interesting shifts back at the Bureau...

Cue excited squee from RB in 3... 2... 1...
Old 2010-09-04, 20:18   Link #26834
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

Future Tense

okay, I'm going to say it now for everyone to see.

Just so I can refer back to it if I'm right.

Quattro's the real reason everything went to hell.

No, seriously, she is.

The time Travel, the bomb that killed the original Nanoha, the war, the clone of Nanoha... ALL her fault.

Why?

She engineered the WHOLE THING!

She creates the bomb in the "bad future" and sends it back into the past, with instructions to her younger self, which is picked up via "wi fi" that only Quattro can use, that explains everything to her and how things are going to go down.

So, when it comes to a head, Quattro will be standing there, with the bomb that killed off the original Nanoha and gloat to the clone how she did everything just right, just as predicted, just as planned. Time Travel is possible and the fact that it happened is the reason that the current state of affairs is happening.

Quattro plays EVERYONE for a fool before sending the bomb back in time and laughing as the loop begins again.

At least...

That's my take on it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:19   Link #26835
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for FT Response:

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:20   Link #26836
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for FT Response:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2010-09-04, 20:48   Link #26837
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for FT Response:

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 21:24   Link #26838
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
@Rising Dragon: I don't think RB follows this story. Believe she said once before it wasn't her type of fic, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
okay, I'm going to say it now for everyone to see.

Just so I can refer back to it if I'm right.

Quattro's the real reason everything went to hell.

No, seriously, she is.

The time Travel, the bomb that killed the original Nanoha, the war, the clone of Nanoha... ALL her fault.

Why?

She engineered the WHOLE THING!

She creates the bomb in the "bad future" and sends it back into the past, with instructions to her younger self, which is picked up via "wi fi" that only Quattro can use, that explains everything to her and how things are going to go down.

So, when it comes to a head, Quattro will be standing there, with the bomb that killed off the original Nanoha and gloat to the clone how she did everything just right, just as predicted, just as planned. Time Travel is possible and the fact that it happened is the reason that the current state of affairs is happening.

Quattro plays EVERYONE for a fool before sending the bomb back in time and laughing as the loop begins again.

At least...

That's my take on it.
You gave me this theory on AIM, and it's quite an inventive and interesting one. I did like that particular Gargoyles Storyline, heh. It was quite clever.

Spoiler for FT reply, possibly minor spoilish:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 21:50   Link #26839
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:

Future Tense

Sweet, I'm so excited that she's basically going to meet up with Vivio next chapter or the one after that. Well, soon. Hopefully.

Nice to see that at least one person seems normal and that one died of natural causes.
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 01:41   Link #26840
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well that certainly works and it was a good twist. I wonder why they lied and made things more complicated. Maybe Fate was feeling so guilty and felt she needed some kind of punishment? I also wonder what further role Yuuno has in all this. It was great seeing him debate that prosecutor. Dragging him into the girls bathroom was also hilarious

I wonder about the whole 'willingness' thing. Actual medical law is that you need to ask the person for permission before you help them. However if that person is unconcious or otherwise unable to answer, it's considered as permission given. So if we apply that to this case, since Nanoha was in a coma/dead, then it should be covered.
Haha, yeah, I didn't think about where to have Nanoha and Yuuno have their serious talk, and they were already in the hallway when I thought that it would be funny to have them conduct this serious, event-changing conversation inside a bathroom .

Hm, you have a good point there...in this case though, they're talking about Fate "forcing" Nanoha into a familiar contract, rather than the fact that she did something to Nanoha's body--but still, it's an interesting thought; maybe an argument is that the moment Fate created that magical contract, Nanoha was already "dead", and so since she was dead she wouldn't really count as a sentient being? I'll have to give it some thought .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
XD

YAY! An UPDATE!

Wow...now you added a new twist. Why did she lie?
Yes, update, since you asked ^^, and also since I was trying to explain the cloning stuff to Dezo without spoiling Chapter 4, and it kind of happened that gritting my teeth and writing Chp. 4 was easier!

I dunno, why did she? Guess you'll have to wait to find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
Maybe she just lied for the irony of having the same charges of her mom?
Awww, I wish Fate was the sarcastic type--then I'd totally steal that line for her to use as an answer when someone asks her that question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Nice to see Yuuno getting a larger role in this fic. I'm quite curious to see how his helping Fate will play out, since currently it seems Fate is the main target of the investigation. Knowing Yuuno, if push comes to shove, I'm sure he'll step up and help Fate out so at the very least if she falls, she doesn't fall alone. He's the kind of guy who would do something like that.

Though, interestingly, I'm noticing a little gap here. You have when Nanoha dies, when she's revived by Fate and Yuuno, and then when she wakes up from the coma or whatever. The gap is during the time that Nanoha was dead, and Fate and Yuuno revived her. Now, clearly, Nanoha doesn't know what happened; she was dead. So that means that the only two who really know what happened are Fate and Yuuno.

Which makes me wonder if perhaps a little bit more went into the reviving of Nanoha than either Fate or Yuuno are willing to admit... hm, now I'm thinking about it!
I'm glad I'm causing you to think ! I might have to branch out and write chapters from Fate's POV soon, since it's hard to lay out all the facts from only Nanoha's side of things (like you said, only Fate and Yuuno know what really happened ).

It's a bit of a struggle to write enough scenes that explain the background of what happened, but at the same time I want to push a plot along in the present day...ah, decisions, decisions!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha