AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 03:22   Link #2681
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naole View Post
Log Horizon has definitely ruined all the other Stories with a "Special One" for me I can't Enjoy them Anymore; not even the Anime
I didn't quite get it... What did you mean to say with this?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 05:18   Link #2682
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Ready for Log Horizon Saturday?

Oh dear. S**t's hitting the fan.
Summary of chapter 70 up.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-10, 09:04   Link #2683
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Ready for Log Horizon Saturday?

Oh dear. S**t's hitting the fan.
Summary of chapter 70 up.

Spoiler:
There goes my week...
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 11:28   Link #2684
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Spoiler for Interesting titbit about Private Chats here =3:

With all that's happening in this chapter, it looks like the Juniors have the work cut out for them

Also, it's noticed that Mamare tends to keep to nine chapters per "volume" for his web-releases. If this is indeed a trend, we could have another two more chapters before he moves on to the next "volume". Which means the Route 43 arc may actually be a two-volume arc like the Summer Camp arc (it's impossible to wrap everything up with just two more chapters).

--- L --- I --- N --- E--- B --- R --- E --- A --- K---

That aside, Mamare has began recruiting ideas for volume eight's item lists, with round #1 (Touya) ended just yesterday. Following up next would be:

Serara: 11/5~13/5
Minori: 15/5~17/5
Rudy: 19/5~21/5
Isuzu: 23/5~25/5

Also, a recent post on mamare.net revealed their sub-classes and their battle style:

Touya
Subclass: Accountant (.... eh?)
Style: Katana+Heavy Armor; frontline tank and Hate controller. As expected of Naotsugu's disciple *nods*.
Another thing about Touya is that he's also taking kenjutsuu lessons at the West Winds', under Soujicchi's tutelage iirc. So interacting with pretty ladies shouldn't really be a big deal for him (too)?

Minori
Subclass: Apprentice
Style: Khakkhara+Ofuda; Preventive healing via damage blocking spells + combat monitor.

Serara
Subclass: Housekeeper
Style: Staff; Sustained healing rate + combat support with her spells.

Rudy
Subclass: Adventurer
Style: Staff; Annihilation through high-powered spells.

Isuzu
Subclass: Nomad (here's another surprise)
Style: Spear+Light Armor; Melee attacker + Party support with her Support Songs.

Link: http://mamare.net/topics/4754/

For those who can read Nihongo, the spreadsheet with all the suggestions: https://t.co/0wVjHrGliD

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 09:12   Link #2685
tsunade666

What skills does Nomad had?
Old 2014-05-11, 10:58   Link #2686
mPervy
Professional NEET

when you talk about nomad, what come to my mind was genghis khan... rode a horse with bow in hands. still, never thought that tohya was accountant. when minori was shiroe disciple, his brother became henrietta disciple?
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 11:53   Link #2687
Ayulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
That aside, Mamare has began recruiting ideas for volume eight's item lists, with round #1 (Touya) ended just yesterday. Following up next would be:

Serara: 11/5~13/5
Minori: 15/5~17/5
Rudy: 19/5~21/5
Isuzu: 23/5~25/5
[...]etcetc[...]
Saw this on twitter, a TL for that page, at least for the char info anyways.
http://pastebin.com/0DcctrXy
Ayulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 12:15   Link #2688
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the summary aohige, so B team may be facing a flight of Wyverm soon ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 16:42   Link #2689
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What skills does Nomad had?
If I remember correctly from Mamare's docs, they get boosts when they travel around and when they are alone. Don't quote me on this, though, since I can't even find the subclass again
Old 2014-05-11, 21:09   Link #2690
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayulsa View Post
Saw this on twitter, a TL for that page, at least for the char info anyways.
http://pastebin.com/0DcctrXy
Oooh, thanks Ayulsa, this is a lot better than what I posted

Signature by liro
Old 2014-05-13, 19:19   Link #2691
DQueenie13

I compiled a list of subclasses and released them yesterday. As expected, though, most translations are probably sub-par, but the list is the most comprehensive one I've seen.

If anyone knows Japanese and were charitable enough to fix/help out, I would be eternally grateful.

@Estavali: And, unfortunately, I hadn't saved your translation of the Soul Blade subclass and it was lost in the shenanigans.
Old 2014-05-14, 09:51   Link #2692
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
I compiled a list of subclasses and released them yesterday. As expected, though, most translations are probably sub-par, but the list is the most comprehensive one I've seen.

If anyone knows Japanese and were charitable enough to fix/help out, I would be eternally grateful.

@Estavali: And, unfortunately, I hadn't saved your translation of the Soul Blade subclass and it was lost in the shenanigans.
Thankfully I have the message in my email so here you go! >=3
Spoiler for Soul Blade, with Estranslations =3:

Btw the description for the Housekeeper actually belongs to the Housewife or Househusband. In other words it's the Housewife/husband that could use the low level skills of the Chef, Tailor, Farmer, Brewmaster, Dairy Farmer, Housekeeper and Herbalist skills.

Also, according to what's stated in lhrpg.com, the Maid and Elder Maid has the Cooking skill as well.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-05-14, 14:54   Link #2693
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:

there were so many questionable sub class... what the hell with NEET? is it so popular in japan to the point an MMORPG would make it into a subclass? i swear this term always appeared in every series i followed! and executioner class seem nasty, since you can judge a lander as much as you like... also a bit curious about swordsaint. is it ever stated any other players had this subclass beside souji?
Old 2014-05-14, 15:00   Link #2694
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naole View Post
Log Horizon has definitely ruined all the other Stories with a "Special One" for me I can't Enjoy them Anymore; not even the Anime
I don't understand what do you mean by this?
Old 2014-05-14, 17:30   Link #2695
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Thankfully I have the message in my email so here you go! >=3
Spoiler for Soul Blade, with Estranslations =3:

Btw the description for the Housekeeper actually belongs to the Housewife or Househusband. In other words it's the Housewife/husband that could use the low level skills of the Chef, Tailor, Farmer, Brewmaster, Dairy Farmer, Housekeeper and Herbalist skills.

Also, according to what's stated in lhrpg.com, the Maid and Elder Maid has the Cooking skill as well.
Estavali, you are a lifesaver XD

So is there any official description for Housekeeper and its abilities? Because somehow, it's different from Maid (and Elder Maid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
there were so many questionable sub class... what the hell with NEET? is it so popular in japan to the point an MMORPG would make it into a subclass? i swear this term always appeared in every series i followed! and executioner class seem nasty, since you can judge a lander as much as you like... also a bit curious about swordsaint. is it ever stated any other players had this subclass beside souji?
Apparently, people really like those Not in Education, Employment, or Training. XD (Maryelle's one in real life, after all.)

Oddly enough, none of the docs or resources have any info on Sword Saint, which is why it's the only Special Title with no description.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-05-14 at 18:02.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 22:33   Link #2696
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Estavali, you are a lifesaver XD

So is there any official description for Housekeeper and its abilities? Because somehow, it's different from Maid (and Elder Maid).
Surprisingly, none that I could see. But I think the novel has been rather clear about what it can do. Also, considering that Serara needs the Newly-Wed's Apron to Cook (and the fact that the Housekeeper wasn't included in the list of subclass with Cooking), I can safely say that Housekeepers can't Cook =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-05-17, 06:22   Link #2697
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Another Saturday, another chapter

chapter 71
Spoiler:

NYANTA IS THAT YOU

Last edited by aohige; 2014-05-17 at 07:13.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 07:05   Link #2698
Gatmarant
Margatmar

My God so many revelations in this chapter that it overwhelmed me

Unbelievable those guys The Knights of Odyssea are now just complete Mad Dogs, it is not losing your memory but your also seem to lose your sanity as well now they are like drug addicted Dogs

Now it seems the Geniuses are finally playing introduced in the main storyline and from the look of things there the ones behind this whole situation which might explain the knights actions they may have been deluded by them.

Roe2 is now going Spock on us ? lol

Rudy and Izuzu are still having there lovers quarrel lol but it looked they worked it out at the end.

Looks like they finally managed to invent armoured vehicle transportation which i always if they can manage since there were so many abandoned vehicles in elder tale it made u wonder why they haven't tried yet? i mean if they can invest a giant steam powered vessel like the octype why not a motor vehicle but it looks like they finally did it.

Looks like the Lander people of the western area are also mad i mean injections, sacrifice of peoples lives to monsters and wanting war just what is wrong with them?

If that is Nyanta at the end it is about effing time that he is going to get back into the action i mean seriously out of all the Log horizon members he is possibly the least one focused on, i mean he has probably been playing the game since the launch of the beta and he is older than any other adventurers we know so i can imagine he is a veteran player of the highest calibre and yet he is really never focused much and we dont really know his character do we? he is third best when it comes to PV combat and he dosent have any phantasmal equipment so he has got to be the best out of all them.

oh i cant wait what sort of potentials this would bring, things are really getting exciting now
Gatmarant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 12:16   Link #2699
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Another Saturday, another chapter

chapter 71
Spoiler:

NYANTA IS THAT YOU
thx for the summary, aohige... just found some interesting point in that summary... who's jaered=gun? re=gun master? or another sage? the name sound like GM series from gundam. jegan, jamesgun, heavygun, hardygun...
Old 2014-05-17, 14:37   Link #2700
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Good lord, the Landers are starting to get influenced by the destructive power of modern technology combined with magic.

I remember the big debate about how modern armaments such as tanks, guns and the like were "useless" to build because the adventurers didn't need them. But most people discounted the other side of the equation. The Landers. See how the Landers perceive even "joke items" to be more useful for warfare. War mongerers and generals will be filled with glee to have the ability to develop and use standardized mass weaponry. And it seems that any Lander of any level can use them.

Speaking of Roe2 going Spock, this is the reason why the Federation had the Prime directive. Giving the natives powerful technology could result in MAD. XD

I wonder if someone in the other Adventurer city-states are trying to develop long-range non-server limited technology. It would certainly help with the dissemination of information across the continents for scientists/alchemists.

Speaking of which, it seems we're getting more information on how the Genius are important to the story line. Great development.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers