Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-09-07, 10:54   Link #2681
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
We had this conversation before, several times. We understand that back pain can be a severe illness. That's no reason to act like it's a godsend whenever Togashi returns for a couple of chapters before he inevitably has to take a break again.
Godsend? I can't speak for everyone but I just get excited when there is more material of a work that I really like. Something wrong with that?

Quote:
Are fans entitled when they get annoyed over the countless breaks? No, they are not.
No, they're entitled when they start throwing hissy fits and making edgy jokes out of spite, as if them being annoyed is somehow Togashi's responsibility or even his problem.

Quote:
Are they slandering the artist when they make jokes about it? Only if you want to read it that way.
Please tell me what other possible reason exists to make spiteful hurtful jokes other than to be spiteful and hurtful?

Quote:
As much as people in this thread want others to understand that Togashi cannot draw because of his back, the very same people fail to understand that it's also irritating for the readers when a story has basically no continuity at all. Every arc gets served in bits and pieces and each time after a hiatus you have to read the entire arc up to that point again because it has been so long that you can't remember what happened.
I'm annoyed as well. I'm just not being all mean spirited about it. Or demanding unreasonable things despite the fact that he does not owe me anything.

Quote:
Personally I don't see why it's so blasphemous for Togashi to hire assistants, just to name one possibility. Sure, it would be nice to finish it himself but at the pace he's going, he ain't getting there in his lifetime.
...He does not want to do that. Unless you are his boss, you are in no position to demand such a thing.

Quote:
No, he isn't his boss. Why is that even relevant. You're getting ultra-defensive but the simple truth is that Sixth's statement isn't wrong.
So ordering people around and forcing your ideas onto them is just "stating the truth" now?

Quote:
That's nice for you but it matters to us. People whose opinion matter the same as anyone else's, including yours.
The question was asked to me, and therefore answered by me. I'm not sure why you somehow think that that invalidates your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Based on your logic, you are not my father either so you don't get it to decide whether how and what I should think of Togashi's current situation.
But nobody is attacking what you think.

Quote:
I am asking for your personal thought on this and you chose to dodge the question completely.
I'm sorry that my thoughts on the matter are not to your liking, but that's no reason to treat them like they're invalid.

Quote:
Also, do you know the Zero no Tsukaima's creator? If I not mistaken, he passed away before he finished his work, but his successor finished for his work after 2 years after his death.
Good for him? Not sure what the relevance is.

Quote:
Excuse me, these entitled fanboys are the source of his income. Don't pretend that he didn't get paid or something.
They're the source of his employer's income. Furthermore, they pay only for work and merchandise that already exists, and get what they pay for. They do not pay for future chapters in advance. His boss does.

Quote:
Define "absolute".
The opposite of relative.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 12:24   Link #2682
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
But nobody is attacking what you think.
Well, clearly you do or else we won't be having this conversation.

Quote:
'm sorry that my thoughts on the matter are not to your liking, but that's no reason to treat them like they're invalid.
I am treating your answer is invalid because this is not I am asking, I gave you 2 scenarios, and I am expecting you to pick one and you are refused to do so because you are so afraid that you will hurt your Togashi's feeling.

Quote:
Good for him? Not sure what the relevance is.
Maybe Togashi could learn one or two things from him?

Quote:
They're the source of his employer's income. Furthermore, they pay only for work and merchandise that already exists, and get what they pay for. They do not pay for future chapters in advance. His boss does.
Doesn't change the fact that he got paid because his boss got the money from the fans, yes, the ENTITLED fans. You really sound like those game developers who think and treat their fans as idiots.

I am pretty sure paying customers have their right to voice their concern on the product's future and certainty that they were buying or investing into it.

Quote:
The opposite of relative.
So what is the absolute words that I am using until you got that impression?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 13:00   Link #2683
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Godsend? I can't speak for everyone but I just get excited when there is more material of a work that I really like. Something wrong with that?
I am not really seeing the reason why you are getting so incredibly defensive, especially over something that wasn't even aimed at you specifically. But truth to be told I do get the impression that people in this thread sometimes unironically believe that Togashi should not be criticized since despite his back pains he still delivers when he feels well enough.

Quote:
No, they're entitled when they start throwing hissy fits and making edgy jokes out of spite, as if them being annoyed is somehow Togashi's responsibility or even his problem.
Nobody here is throwing a hissy fit unless you want to count your tantrum. If fans cannot deal with a couple of jokes at the expense of the author, then it's their fault. The only reason this topic even came up was because Kuroageha made a clearly harmless joke and Guardian Enzo blew up a fuse.

Quote:
Please tell me what other possible reason exists to make spiteful hurtful jokes other than to be spiteful and hurtful?
Most of them are spiteful and hurtful because you want to think that, not because they actually are.

Quote:
I'm annoyed as well. I'm just not being all mean spirited about it. Or demanding unreasonable things despite the fact that he does not owe me anything.

...He does not want to do that. Unless you are his boss, you are in no position to demand such a thing.

So ordering people around and forcing your ideas onto them is just "stating the truth" now?
Who the hell is demanding/ordering who to do what exactly? You think any post in this thread has any bearing in the slightest to Togashi at all? We are discussing what we think would be best in the situation but if you cannot get your head out of the absolutism box then there is really no point talking to you.

Quote:
The question was asked to me, and therefore answered by me. I'm not sure why you somehow think that that invalidates your opinion.
If I thought you had invalidated something of me I'd tell you. Alas, it is not the case.

On the other hand you keep accusing others of forcing their ideas/standards onto Togashi but at the same time do the exact same onto those who think he should get help of some kind. I'm just pointing out the twofacedness of it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 18:28   Link #2684
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

https://twitter.com/HxHSource/status...85419072987136
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 20:48   Link #2685
noktown

Quote:
But truth to be told I do get the impression that people in this thread sometimes unironically believe that Togashi should not be criticized since despite his back pains he still delivers when he feels well enough.
People are sharing their opinions here, that's what these forums are for, nobody specifically told you that he can't be criticized.

I personally believe that he should do as he pleases. He's rich, successful, and more importantly he created an addictive story that we can't get more of. From here on, be it back pain or if he just wants to work at a slower pace to have more freedom that's his choice.

As you probably know most weekly active mangaka sleep like 3-4 hours/day, Togashi might feel that this is not enough and is taking his time, this also gives him much more time to think of a continuation, and not be rushed into drawing by the end of the week.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 22:51   Link #2686
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There's no "if" or "be it" about it. Unless you believe Togashi (and WSJ) is a bald-faced liar in addition to believing he's a slack-ass.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-08, 08:03   Link #2687
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Well, clearly you do or else we won't be having this conversation.
Bullshit. If I really were attacking what you think, you would be able to provide evidence of such. I'm not sure if your continued use of vague words and "you know what I talk of wink wink nudge nudge" is meant to somehow convince people that you aren't talking bullshit, but that shit doesn't work on me.

Quote:
I am treating your answer is invalid because this is not I am asking, I gave you 2 scenarios, and I am expecting you to pick one and you are refused to do so because you are so afraid that you will hurt your Togashi's feeling.
I know I gave you an answer which you did not expect. I just told you that. You still have yet to convince anyone that this makes the answer less valid. Pretending you somehow magically know what I'm thinking just makes you sound smug. It does not make you look correct.

Quote:
Maybe Togashi could learn one or two things from him?
What's there to learn? That other artist did exactly what they wanted to do, and Togashi is doing the same.

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that he got paid because his boss got the money from the fans, yes, the ENTITLED fans. You really sound like those game developers who think and treat their fans as idiots.
They paid money for things he already gave them.

Quote:
I am pretty sure paying customers have their right to voice their concern on the product's future and certainty that they were buying or investing into it.
Nobody is saying people have no right to voice concern. But your assessment that they invest anything is incorrect.

Quote:
So what is the absolute words that I am using until you got that impression?
Now you are just being cheeky. The fact that you went back to change it means you already know what I'm talking about. The cheeky passive aggressive edit stamp is right there.

Quote:
I am not really seeing the reason why you are getting so incredibly defensive, especially over something that wasn't even aimed at you specifically. But truth to be told I do get the impression that people in this thread sometimes unironically believe that Togashi should not be criticized since despite his back pains he still delivers when he feels well enough.
Quote someone on this forum who said something like that then.

Quote:
Nobody here is throwing a hissy fit unless you want to count your tantrum. If fans cannot deal with a couple of jokes at the expense of the author, then it's their fault. The only reason this topic even came up was because Kuroageha made a clearly harmless joke and Guardian Enzo blew up a fuse.
My tantrum? I'm not the one throwing hurtful "jokes" around. Explain to me slandering someone by lying about their work ethic is harmless. Why is it that I can't call out people's behavior without someone accusing me of 'throwing a tantrum'?

Quote:
Most of them are spiteful and hurtful because you want to think that, not because they actually are.
Explain to me how "Stop playing Dragon Quest all the time you fucking lazy bum" is anything but spiteful?

If in fact, there is some way to interpret a joke about Togashi playing Dragon Quest in a way other than "Togashi has no work ethic and prefers to play videogames over finishing his manga", please enlighten me.

Quote:
Who the hell is demanding/ordering who to do what exactly? You think any post in this thread has any bearing in the slightest to Togashi at all? We are discussing what we think would be best in the situation but if you cannot get your head out of the absolutism box then there is really no point talking to you.
My head out of the absolutism box. I'm not the one stating their opinions as fact while somehow expecting other people to miraculously understand that their words mean the opposite of what the words mean. It's not hard to state something as an opinion. Just wedge in an "I" in there somewhere. Jeez. It's fine to make a mistake or something but don't just get angry when someone who is prone to taking words at face value, takes your words at face value.

Quote:
If I thought you had invalidated something of me I'd tell you. Alas, it is not the case.
Well then I'm confused as to why you are getting on my case about an opinion I gave.

Quote:
On the other hand you keep accusing others of forcing their ideas/standards onto Togashi but at the same time do the exact same onto those who think he should get help of some kind. I'm just pointing out the twofacedness of it.
If for some reason you are really honest about not forcing your ideas onto people then maybe you should stop using absolute words.

In addition, you are making a very grave accusation to someone who takes great care to not use absolute words about things that aren't facts. If I really did something along the lines of "forcing my standards on to you", you can provide evidence and I'll apologize or elaborate/rephrase what I meant, or maybe you should think about what it is you're projecting on other people.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-09-21 at 02:53. Reason: Fixing some copy/paste errors
Old 2018-09-09, 01:17   Link #2688
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The general rule of literary criticism is that you criticize the work itself. In some limited cases the creator's opinions and beliefs may directly impact the work and thus be open to criticism, or sometimes it may be relevant to bring up the author's circumstances to help provide context to their work, but criticism of the person him/herself is not generally appropriate literary criticism. These are the sorts of principles that govern threads on AnimeSuki, and that is why we have a rule that, among other things, forbids attacking a work's staff/cast.

For now, I am going to lock this thread. When there is new information relevant to this manga, and discussion related to it, feel free to report this post and a member of the staff will unlock it.
Old 2018-09-20, 08:48   Link #2689
Twi

Well, the new chapter is out.

Spoiler:
Old 2018-09-20, 11:06   Link #2690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's now only a matter of time until Sale dies. The teleporting princes are also in danger now that they know their abilities are not dangerous. By extension, Melody is also in danger.
Old 2018-09-20, 11:32   Link #2691
marvelB

Huh, so it is possible to take down the princes' nen beasts after all. Looks like it will be a matter of time before ol' Party Prince is taken down. If so, too bad.... I actually sorta liked that guy, heh. But yes, it looks like the twin princes are in the greatest danger, right now.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 17:38   Link #2692
MCAL

Kacho and Fugetstu are like the only other princes (Besides Wobble of course) I actually want to live so here's hoping Togashi doesn't want to rip my heart out.... again.

https://twitter.com/jump_henshubu/st...86803693719552

Also, here's the cover for Volume 36.

Last edited by MCAL; 2018-09-20 at 17:56.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 02:51   Link #2693
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not that spoiled brats are deserving of anything. I mean they don't really deserve death either. But if it comes for them, do they deserve to be protected from it? I'm kind of split on that one. On one hand they didn't really do anything to deserve a bad fate. But on the other hand, they also didn't do anything to deserve being helped.
Old 2018-09-21, 16:18   Link #2694
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Not that spoiled brats are deserving of anything. I mean they don't really deserve death either. But if it comes for them, do they deserve to be protected from it? I'm kind of split on that one. On one hand they didn't really do anything to deserve a bad fate. But on the other hand, they also didn't do anything to deserve being helped.
They're innocent kids. Of course they should be protected.
Old 2018-09-21, 16:28   Link #2695
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
They're children, in a situation forced on them by adults and that they don't want to be in. Of course they should be protected.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 16:30   Link #2696
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sale Sale is innocent children? Wha? I mean he doesn't seem to have done much but to say he's innocent might be stretching it a little.
Old 2018-09-21, 19:13   Link #2697
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Sale Sale is innocent children? Wha? I mean he doesn't seem to have done much but to say he's innocent might be stretching it a little.
You used "they" and Sale isn't a brat, he's an adult. We naturally thought you were talking about the twins, especially since the post right above yours was about them.
Old 2018-09-22, 06:41   Link #2698
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I was using a general "they", talking about people like Sale Sale in general, who is 100% a spoiled brat, regardless of his age. Although I can see the source of the confusion now. I just assumed I used a term that could only apply to one person in this situation, since the kids are neither spoiled nor brats, but I guess that assumption was a mistake.
Old 2018-09-28, 05:08   Link #2699
marvelB

Next chapter is here!

And this one is surprisingly simple and straightforward for a change.... Halkenberg tries (and fails) to assassinate his father..... which results not only in him awakening his nen ability, but to him now embracing the succession war! He now may very well be one of the most dangerous players in this game, especially considering how his ability works.....!!!

Oh, and is it just me, or does his nen beast have a vagina on its back?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 07:42   Link #2700
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, given the fact that the succession is a ceremony using nen, it already stood to reason that this is a thing that cannot be stopped, at least through normal means, until it is completed.

But still, it's nice to have such things spelled out.

And Halkenburg making a complete 180, evolving from a strong opposer of the ceremony, to one of the likely contenders to win the battle royale... Well I suppose there's nothing to be done about that.

So now what?

RIP Sale Sale. I doubt anyone will really miss you.

Tags
overpowered villain