Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 20:08   Link #2681
DePana
Ero-Stormking

Send a message via ICQ to DePana
thats right...
since i cant understand the original language, the spoilers are my only hopes in this dark ages
DePana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 09:33   Link #2682
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Well, I'll try to sum up my points about those predictions written in my own weblog.
Spoiler:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 11:45   Link #2683
TigerII
Pilot in Training

As long as there is an explosion, I don't care. I would prefer an ending with Kaname and Souske(All the othes could die for all I care), but at this point I just want an end.

Didn't somene say the author said the three Muskateers wouldn't die? That leaves Kanama and Tessa. Maybe Souske will have to choose one.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 19:45   Link #2684
DePana
Ero-Stormking

thx @ hunter..
but there is some hope for a happy ending..

ps: how can i make spoilers? ^^
Old 2007-12-31, 21:39   Link #2685
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The yellow triangle with exclamation point in it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 21:52   Link #2686
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePana View Post
thx @ hunter..
but there is some hope for a happy ending..

ps: how can i make spoilers? ^^
Still, any kind of endings are possible. I'm just raising some possibilities.
Chidori hated sad endings, but hey, she isn't the writer the story.:P
And Gatoh is well-known as being a liar.
Old 2008-01-01, 04:18   Link #2687
UltimateKane99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Still, any kind of endings are possible. I'm just raising some possibilities.
Chidori hated sad endings, but hey, she isn't the writer the story.:P
And Gatoh is well-known as being a liar.
O_O I didn't know Gatoh was a liar. I knew that they broke a couple promises, but do they actually do it for fun?

However, there was a comment that I didn't quite get.
Spoiler for Laevatein:
UltimateKane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 05:55   Link #2688
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateKane99 View Post
However, there was a comment that I didn't quite get.
Spoiler for Laevatein:
Spoiler for Laevatein:
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 20:08   Link #2689
UltimateKane99

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-01, 21:56   Link #2690
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

Quote:
Spoiler:

maybe the premises for the title?

maybe they upgrade the internal components of the Laevatein and he becomes even more capable. and of course trains on how to use all the systems :P
Otakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 23:27   Link #2691
UltimateKane99

well, I hope that you are right. However, I would like to know what happened to Leonard... I keep hearing rumors, but I don't know anything.

Edit: Bye the way, Ravyn hasn't updated their LJ in over a month. Does anyone know if they are still OK? They have kept a pretty consistent update record of at least once a month, so I find it more than a little strange that they haven't updated at all...

Last edited by UltimateKane99; 2008-01-02 at 01:26.
Old 2008-01-02, 01:42   Link #2692
Theman

Quote:
Spoiler:
Here is an excerpt from TMMD
Spoiler:

Last edited by Theman; 2008-01-02 at 08:44.
Theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 06:45   Link #2693
keleos

Hi everybody! First of all, I'd like to wish you all a happy new year!
I've been following this thread for over a month, and I spent the last 3 days reading it, so now I'm up to date! I'd like to say thank you to each and everyone who's posted here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateKane99
Bye the way, Ravyn hasn't updated their LJ in over a month. Does anyone know if they are still OK? They have kept a pretty consistent update record of at least once a month, so I find it more than a little strange that they haven't updated at all...

I really hope Ravyn updates soon, but didn't she say she needed encouragment to keep translating BOF? I know that was about 2 moths ago, but perhaps she hasn't gotten over it yet.... darn, I really wish I knew Japanese!!

soooooo.... are we really getting the whole NOT novel on feb 20?
I don't know if I want to be really happy or really sad about it
*hopes for a happy ending!*
keleos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 09:30   Link #2694
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

FMP Sigma chapter 3 is out, thought I'd let you guys know. You know where to find it.
Old 2008-01-02, 11:25   Link #2695
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theman View Post
Here is an excerpt from TMMD
Spoiler:
LMAO @ the Excerp from TMMD

My guess is because the Laevatein lacks alot of the new technology it will make Sousuke trainer harder and become a superior pilot in an outdated machine. In essence the lack of this equipment will make him better because he will learn to deal with these issues without the fancy extras of the M9.

Thats just my theory and throwing it out there.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 14:52   Link #2696
UltimateKane99

... Why does he even need any of that stuff? If he's got an oversized cooling system and his Lambda Driver, what could he possibly need anything else for? Missile comes, blown away by Lambda. Cooling system cools Lambda. Rinse, repeat, insert impossible action scene, Sousuke is now unkillable. I can't see the electronic warfare being of any use if all he has to do is blow up enemies. He could probably blow a platoon of AS away if he has such a powerful system. Besides, he's getting a ton better at controlling it. He was pretty much invulnerable until Leonard came with his ridiculous system.
Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm sorry to keep asking these questions, but I am REALLY curious, since I don't know Japanese. I've picked up a couple (5) books that are commonly used to teach Japanese, so I'm going to try and teach myself the language. It'll be interesting. :P My English literacy will probably drop dramatically.
Old 2008-01-02, 15:14   Link #2697
Miles Teg

The image is from the 7th part of MMD when the novel has been serialized.

Spoiler for MMD part7:

Spoiler for MMD part9:

It's true that with the LD most of the electronic in the ARX-8 is not really useful but Sousuke activate the LD only when he need it. If he don't know a missile is going to hit him he won't be able to react in time.

I think that the author has decided to remove some of the electronics in the Laevatein to put Sousuke in a situation where he has to work in a team, right now he can't do an infiltration with the ARX-8 because of the lack of ECS, on a battlefield he could be shot down by a missile if he don't have another unit to give him the situation and the worst thing is that if an enemy pilot simply start using the ECS he will be unable to find him except if someone give him the position of that unit using the ECCS.

But Sousuke could do exactly what AL said simply use a data-link between the different M9 to replace the electronic that the ARX-8 lack. The data-link used by the M9 is very efficient for example in COMO Mao was able to control 10 M6 without to much trouble.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 15:17   Link #2698
DePana
Ero-Stormking

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2163

open the second spoiler and then at MMD07 the third 3.
In the process..... etc
^^
Old 2008-01-02, 15:21   Link #2699
UltimateKane99

IT'S ALL CLEAR NOW! Thank you Miles. I've been dying to know what happened to Leonard for ages now. Thanks for all the help.

Edit: Just finished reading the MMD spoiler. Thank you guys so much for all the work you guys put into it. Also, there's another point as to why the Laevatein is virtually unstoppable. Extra appendages for the AI? Dear God. It's as if the Laevatein has two pilots. You can't stop that sort of machine. Even the Behemoth-i falls at its hand with ease.

Last edited by UltimateKane99; 2008-01-02 at 16:24.
Old 2008-01-02, 19:27   Link #2700
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
It's true that with the LD most of the electronic in the ARX-8 is not really useful but Sousuke activate the LD only when he need it. If he don't know a missile is going to hit him he won't be able to react in time.

I think that the author has decided to remove some of the electronics in the Laevatein to put Sousuke in a situation where he has to work in a team, right now he can't do an infiltration with the ARX-8 because of the lack of ECS, on a battlefield he could be shot down by a missile if he don't have another unit to give him the situation and the worst thing is that if an enemy pilot simply start using the ECS he will be unable to find him except if someone give him the position of that unit using the ECCS.

But Sousuke could do exactly what AL said simply use a data-link between the different M9 to replace the electronic that the ARX-8 lack. The data-link used by the M9 is very efficient for example in COMO Mao was able to control 10 M6 without to much trouble.
However, I believe that data link system is just for controlling unmanned weapons, as COMO suggested that with this system, the master unit can control anything, from tanks to AS. And some sort of receiver should be on the controlled unit IMO, and if such kind of space/weight is available on Laevatein, it can just mount another kind of electronics.

But I agree that it's intentional to make Laevatein super-powerful but lack of such stuff is to promote their squad battle instead of a OMFGWTFBBQHAXPWN unit to finish all stuff. FMP=/=recent Gundam series, afterall.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen