AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 12:49   Link #2681
Leinne
Who... am I?

Ok, I've waited one week in the Umineko music thread but there was no response so I'll ask here uf you don't mind, it's about a song title translation from ep5:
継接キメラ, I know it's something about chimera but ATLAS doesn't translate and on the Interent it translates the kanji as patching (and darning). Some kindness would be very appreciated
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 13:39   Link #2682
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think nobody answered because nobody had a clue. Maybe chronotrig can make a sense out of it, but I know for sure that certain song names in umineko do not make any sense.

The katakana part is certainly "chimera", but the two kanji together, I have no idea.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:45   Link #2683
ameskitty
Kupo

Patched Chimera, possibly?

Perhaps in reference to the fact that chimeras are multiple animals in one.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 17:07   Link #2684
chronotrig

If you read the 2 kanji as tsugihagi (継ぎ接ぎ) it means clothing covered with patches. It also refer to a patched together argument or essay though i.e. one that tries to combine thoughts from several other people.
So literally, maybe "Patchwork Chimera" or something like that.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:49   Link #2685
InfiniteNine

Hello, I was going to convert my copy of Umineko to work on ONScripter for the PSP so I can read it on long trips, but I wanted to ask if I would have any troubles getting it to work looking at the method you guys use to apply the patch?
InfiniteNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 06:55   Link #2686
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Some time ago I used the ONScripter for PSP and installed the Umineko files.

Unfortunately the emulation isn't perfect. There are some problems with the directional buttons (it seems like it jumps randomly from the menu selections) and it gives problem expectially during the chapter selections (if you don't do it right the game crashes). I haven't played it extensively so I'm not aware of possible glitches, I haven't found any to the point where they arrive to Rokkenjima (Episode1) however the game crashed while trying to load the movie.

I haven't tried with the translation patch, but there is aproblem. the EBOOT needs to be on the main directory, while the txt file made by witch hunt search the graphic files and sound files in the parent directory.

Maybe it can work if you put them in the "GAME" directory, no sure 'though...

EDIT:

Nevermind, now that I remember I did try. But the sonozakifutagotachi script doesn't recognize the system and prevents the game from starting

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-10-22 at 07:21.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 14:25   Link #2687
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but I'm wondering, how can you extract the text from the original game? (I'd like to extract the Japanese text of the game, to look up various Kanji) Again, if the wrong forum, please redirect me to the correct one. ^^;
Old 2009-10-24, 14:35   Link #2688
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
http://insani.org/nscripter/sdk.html
downlaod nsdec > place in the game folder > run > result.txt is the script
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 14:48   Link #2689
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Thank you!
Old 2009-10-25, 08:49   Link #2690
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Playing Umineko on your PSP
This method only works for Episode 1 Patch, and the non-Wh prologo of Episode 5. If you have any questions, please send me a forum message, instead of posting in this thread, I will answer you after 18th of December. Thank you.

This is a work in progress.
Please do contribute on this, since I've only achieved reading Umineko on psp some hours ago.
If you have any suggestions and such, please don't hesitate to say it. ^^
For example; how do add a logo at psp screen, or how to adjust the eboot.php. How to make it exact "full screen" for psp...
I sincerely hope this would be the correct place for such "mini-guide".

This post is being updated regularly. [Not probably until 18th of December - the time when my finals are finished]

Updates:
*Pictures added at the end of guide.
*Additional info for Episode 4 added between "Changing file names to English, making the scripter use those file names".
*Episode 4 is heavily bugged in PSP, due to the script changes I presume. This technique works almost perfectly with Episode 1 patch. More updates about ep4 to come.
*16.11.09 - Onscripter tools have been updated with nscmake.exe
*Will definetaly work on Episode 4 scripts when I find the possibility, right now I'm doing lots of exams.
*Episode 4 is not working properly, I'm aware of this. Will definitely look for this after my exams.
*rogerpepitone seems to have a solution for file namings at here, please try them when you can and send me the results, so I can copy/paste to here.

You'll need-
  • A PSP [duh]
  • Original copy of Umineko no Naku Koro ni
  • English patch of Witch Hunt [If you desire]
  • Onscripter for psp tools [updated with nscmake.exe, haven't realised the missing file]

Things to know beforehand-
  • My Psp version is 5.00 M33.
  • I don't like and don't suggest Psp version upgrading / downgrading, It can cause lots of problems. If you try to use that technique, please use it at your own risk. These steps do NOT require 5.00 M33, this is just how it's done in that firmware. Please try using your own firmware version.
  • These "onscripter for psp tools" were developed by someone else, I do not own them, nor have I developed them. They are just the final versions. I have searched them over the internet for some time, and I've lost track of their original download websites. If you do not trust these files that I'm linking (They all are .exes), please do search them on the internet. I can assure you as the head of Furude Project (a Turkish translators circle specified in 07th Expansion works), they are all virus-keylogger-trojan-troll free, and have been scanned with AVG before uploading.
  • This method is not guaranteed to work. It is very likely to fail for some unknown reason.

Spoiler for Umineko experience on Psp | Cons and Pros:

Spoiler for Things you'll have to do (In this order):

Spoiler for Adjusting pictures:

Spoiler for Changing file names to English, making the scripter use those file names:

Additional information for Episode 4

For Episode 4, Witch Hunt has developed a special code in the scripter. It will check whether your pc can read Japanese. But we'll need to fix that to play on PSP. Find this line
fileexist %997,"BGM\翼.ogg" and change it with
fileexist %997,"BGM\07_voiceless.ogg"
Since we changed all the Japanese file names, scripter will not find such file. Do not do this for anything else than the PSP version.

Notice: There are extra script codes in episode4. They are there to detect whether your PC can read Japanese fonts, not your psp. Thus, I will have to look in to those codes and omit them for the psp version. If you don't, it will give the Witch Hunt errors such as "Your pc is not set to Japanese" or "This is not correctly installed". The reason why you see such errors is not because you don't have the files, it is because of these script codes in Episode4.

Spoiler for Almost done:

Spoiler for Psp Stage:

Spoiler for Psp buttons:

Result:
I've read up to chapter 5 of Episode 1 in Episode 1 patch, and the non-WH translated fan project of Episode 5 Prologo. So far, there was no bugs for me.
The sounds, music, character portraits, and the text was fine.
I still, however, can not guarantee this will not cause any unknown bugs.
Please do not hate me If such thing happens. ^^
I just wanted to share my little knowledge. I know there are some people who'd like to read Umineko on psp, and If I could be of any help, I'm glad.

Spoiler for What it looks like - Picture Gallery:

Last edited by Skullchukka; 2009-11-30 at 12:11.
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:48   Link #2691
Rin Tohsaka

Wah! So cool!*-* Do you think it would be possible to do the same thing for DS?>___<
If so...could you do a mini-guide for this too?;w;" <--- totally noob for this kind of things
Rin Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:52   Link #2692
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

There's no ONscripter for NDS. And I doubt it could run it anyway. There is VNDS, but it wouldn't be practical for Umineko to have a conversion.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 11:03   Link #2693
Rin Tohsaka

Aww, I see!T-T What a pity!!!;___; Thank you however for the info Christen!^w^
Rin Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 11:23   Link #2694
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I've seen n-scripter for iphone/ipod touch, but never on-scripter. Anyone here ever seen it?
Old 2009-10-25, 11:38   Link #2695
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Some pictures were added at the end of the guide.
No sorry, I have no clue on iphone/ipod touch. It would be cool, but somewhat unlikely. The general idea behind fan-made onscripters are for people who own a gaming console, and want to play it somewhere else, I believe.

So It would be more likely for a fan to make a psp / ds onscripter, not an iphone. Just a speculation tho. ^^
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 12:17   Link #2696
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Tohsaka View Post
Wah! So cool!*-* Do you think it would be possible to do the same thing for DS?>___<
If so...could you do a mini-guide for this too?;w;" <--- totally noob for this kind of things
I've seen Umineko in VNDS in 4chan, it look quite good, it only separates image from text, image up text down, looked good
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 12:22   Link #2697
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Some pictures were added at the end of the guide.
No sorry, I have no clue on iphone/ipod touch. It would be cool, but somewhat unlikely. The general idea behind fan-made onscripters are for people who own a gaming console, and want to play it somewhere else, I believe.

So It would be more likely for a fan to make a psp / ds onscripter, not an iphone. Just a speculation tho. ^^
._.? I don't get what you're saying You can play games (apps) on an itouch/iphone, in some ways it has the same capabilities as a gaming console.
Old 2009-10-25, 12:27   Link #2698
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
I've seen Umineko in VNDS in 4chan, it look quite good, it only separates image from text, image up text down, looked good
You mean like this?

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 13:15   Link #2699
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Hey guys! You may or may not remember me from back in the summer, but I've largely been avoiding this forum just to isolate myself as much as possible from Episode 5 spoilers.

More importantly though, I've been trying to find out what version of Windows 7 I'm going to need if I want to continue playing Umineko! I tried using the thread search function, but more often than not it was referring me to the use of the word "windows" in some of the spoilerific threads

The next best thing to do, I figure, is to ask in the translation thread, since technical questions seem to filter in here from time to time. I run Vista Ultimate now which I think is the only version that can change system locales to JP in order to fully run Umineko + it's sound files. So do I need to get Windows 7 Ultimate for the same reasons?
(I'm doing a clean OS install so I can move from 32-bit to 64-bit, so I can always get Home Premium if it's enough to run Umineko.)
(Also, an early post in this thread said Umineko ran fine on the release candidate version as long as the locale was switched. Is the RC edition of windows 7 the equivalent of Home Premium, or did it include Ultimate features?)
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 13:34   Link #2700
ameskitty
Kupo

I used Vista Home Basic 32-bit and I can switch locale just fine O_O. (not without restarting but I think that's the same on all computers)

I do have Windows 7 laying on a separate partition and it works. It's the professional 64-bit version so I can't say for sure, but I see no reason why the ability to change locale wouldn't be in every release. I think when they talk about extra language packs in features they're talking about the ability to have different users use different languages/locales in one installation of Windows. You should be able to change locale for all users in any version.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation