AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2022-06-09, 15:30   Link #261
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I am unsure why she grew up at exactly that moment. It should just be due to the amount of leveling she did with L’arc’s group. When Naofumi finds her in the LN she’s already grown up.

One alternative explanation I can think of is the Vassal Katana needed her to be big enough to actually wield it.
I think that the katana was supplementing her lost levels through its own energy rather than needing her older
Old 2022-06-09, 20:22   Link #262
Aogami

Quote:
I just don't understand that they have a massive rush job on one end and yet they take the time to add anime original content.
Decision between 1) focusing on Naofumi's story and completely cutting out the L'arc and Raphtalia stuff like the LN or 2) expand on the L'arc stuff with more smol Raphtalia screen time while gimping the latter half of Naofumi's story by rushing it.
Clearly they found option 2 more appealing.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-10, 08:06   Link #263
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

We really didn't lose that much of Naofumi's story did we? Aside from some extra angst and the torture scene in full.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 03:50   Link #264
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
Decision between 1) focusing on Naofumi's story and completely cutting out the L'arc and Raphtalia stuff like the LN or 2) expand on the L'arc stuff with more smol Raphtalia screen time while gimping the latter half of Naofumi's story by rushing it.
Clearly they found option 2 more appealing.
But they didn't expand on anything. It was all meaningless fluff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I think that the katana was supplementing her lost levels through its own energy rather than needing her older
Vassal weapons don't have that kind of power tho. Also she didn't lose any levels.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 08:31   Link #265
Frontier

So Kizuna was summoned ostensibly to fight a monster, the Emperor of Dragons? So the Heroes being summoned for the Waves is a relatively recent thing...and we still don't know the when or why of it all .

Wow, Raphtalia wasn't kidding about the fact that Kazuki shouldn't move...he just had to move one step to make a point and ends up cleaved in half. Like, jeez, just let your boyguards heal you! And now he's going to get experimented on by Kyo while his female bodyguards end up working with (and probably used) by Kyo. I guess it's a fitting consequence for such a jerk .

Glass and Kizuna finally reunite, and it's sweet seeing how much Glass adores Kizuna, although then it takes a turn for the serious when Kizuna reads her old friends the riot act for attacking another world through the Waves, and they don't even have a good excuse for why it's been happening. Kizuna wants none of it and wants to work with Naofumi and co. to find a way to stop the Waves and save both worlds, and her impassioned plea even makes an impact on Naofumi despite his pragmatism .

L'Arc's a king!? Seriously? Makes me wonder how special Therese actually is. Also, Naofumi's totally not going to let him live that one down .

So this world has a blacksmith too for its protagonist (Kizuna), although she's much easier on the eyes than Naofumi's blacksmith .

Filo really leaning into being the bird party member with being able to fly around and use musical buffs .

The group get attacked by Yomogi, Kyo's loyal and honorable childhood friend, wielding a sword he created and out to slay any one who gets in his way...but she's also kind of dumb and assumed, somehow, that attacking an entire group would mean they'd fight "fair" and take her one-on-one. Yeah, it's no surprise she lost and ended up in handcuffs, although not before the sword Kyo gave her almost consumed her arm if not for Kizuna and some teamwork .

Kyo is out to stop the Waves? I mean, anyone who has seen him in the last episode would know that he doesn't care about anybody, let alone stopping the Waves, but admittedly Yomogi knows him on a personal level so she might have a better idea...although even if that's how Kyo's plot started out, it's clear now that he has something far worse in mind than just the Waves .

Nothing helps get a person to open up like taking them to your nice, coz, abode and uncuffing them. And Kizuna was able to really get Yomogi to open up and admit to herself that Kyo may have done some unspeakable things and they both will need to face the consequences of their actions. It's a very admirable realization on her part .

There was a blonde woman in the picture of Kizuna and their group with a fish...was she another Hero or member of their party? What happened too her ?

And just when everyone is getting ready to head to Kyo's base...Kyo somehow initiates the Wave early and transports all the people from this world to the other one and right near Kyo's fortress for a Super Wave and leaving Naofumi and his party alone. Are they going to have to fight the Three Stooges ?
Old 2022-06-15, 09:37   Link #266
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I wish they took two cours for this. Then maybe all the anime original stuff wouldn't have been such a waste of time. They wasted two whole episodes and then spent this single episode doing 3 episodes worth of content
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 10:19   Link #267
Frontier

I'm anime only and I think it's working for me so far, anime original content or otherwise.

Definitely feels like the show has regained a step compared to the Spirit Tortoise arc.
Old 2022-06-15, 10:25   Link #268
larethian

one of the most nonsensical and bizarre episodes for me. everything is just too convenient, especially the shopkeeper overnight rush job. and kazuki lol, and therese hair lol
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 10:47   Link #269
Aogami

Quote:
But they didn't expand on anything. It was all meaningless fluff.

Vassal weapons don't have that kind of power tho. Also she didn't lose any levels.
Fluff for you maybe, but the majority of people loved the Raphtalia stuff. That aside it was still only in total about 1 episode's worth of content so they still wouldn't have had the episodes needed to avoid rushing or cutting anything in a single cour.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 11:06   Link #270
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
one of the most nonsensical and bizarre episodes for me. everything is just too convenient, especially the shopkeeper overnight rush job. and kazuki lol, and therese hair lol
I loved the hotter and sexier blacksmith though .
Old 2022-06-15, 15:50   Link #271
grecefar

As much Kizuna is playing the nice idealistic girl that want the best solution on everything, Kyo is scum and can't be talked down, she has to learn the hard way. I can see Glass dying here.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 16:06   Link #272
cyberdemon

I was wondering why they had Kazuki survive last episode. Ends up it’s just so he’d have a pointless chat with Kyo.
Old 2022-06-15, 17:26   Link #273
GDB

Not even getting into the content of the episode, which was rushed and shoddy all around, what the hell even was that animation quality? That actually felt like something you'd see from a 90's long running anime B or C-team.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 18:39   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not even getting into the content of the episode, which was rushed and shoddy all around, what the hell even was that animation quality? That actually felt like something you'd see from a 90's long running anime B or C-team.
Yeah, it looked terrible. Good thing they didn't go with two cours like last time.

As for the content of the episode, I can't really bring myself to care about anything. The appeal of this show was to see a guy go from zero to hero, while getting revenge on the bitch who set him up along the way. Ever since Naofumi became a respected hero, it's been boring.
Old 2022-06-15, 23:42   Link #275
Frontier

I'm honestly terrible at noticing animation quality...

Honestly it's not perfect or as exciting as season 1 but I'm still enjoying it enough and Kizuna and their story is much more compelling than the Spirit Tortoise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I was wondering why they had Kazuki survive last episode. Ends up it’s just so he’d have a pointless chat with Kyo.
I thought it was kind of funny how he didn't listen to Raphtalia and it went exactly like she said it would .
Old 2022-06-16, 00:33   Link #276
magnuskn

The animation drop has been noticeable to me for a few weeks now, as well as the rush-job they are doing. I'd rather had a two-cour season, where they can space out things a bit, although with that animation budget we probably would have gotten into slideshow territory at this point.

I still like the series, but the cramming of too much content into this season has also hurt character development, which rankles the most. There was almost no character growth for anybody, except a little bit for Raphtalia last episode (and I don't mean in height ^^).
Old 2022-06-16, 14:51   Link #277
Strahan

With Raphtalia now the wielder of this world's katana hero weapon, I was kind of expecting her to get wave teleported with the rest of the world heroes too.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 17:24   Link #278
cyberdemon

Naofumi’s first English voice actor, Billy Kametz, has passed away due to stage 4 colon cancer.
Old 2022-06-17, 00:40   Link #279
magnuskn

Oooof. May he rest in peace.
Old 2022-06-20, 09:50   Link #280
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
adventure, fantasy