AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-06-28, 22:11   Link #261
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Goku always was too powerful for Uub. He never even had to go Super Saiyan against him IIRC. As Gundamx said, he was just testing to him to make sure he really was the reincarnation of Buu. Uub was never intended to be a challenge for Goku upon first meeting him though. His potential however, was supposed to be something that Goku was hoping would lead to a good sparring partner with the right guidance.

So does this series premiere this week? And if so, what day?
Next Sunday, if AniChart and LiveChart are to be believed.
Old 2015-06-29, 00:53   Link #262
sayde

^^Thanks a lot Akashin!
Old 2015-07-01, 08:09   Link #263
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
There was a special event in Tokyo promoting "Super" today, and thanks to it we now have concrete information regarding the series' direction. Words by Toriyama himself:

Spoiler:

So there we have it. A retelling/expansion of the two movies, apparently adjusting it to the series' timeline, then we'll finally explore the Universes hinted in the end of BoG.
The prospect of Toriyama designing 'tons of new characters", as he said, is exciting.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01...s-series-plot/
Old 2015-07-01, 08:38   Link #264
Gundamx

So it's not fat Egyptian rabbit invading our world, but we are the one who invade their world?
Old 2015-07-01, 12:11   Link #265
Kazu-kun

It feels a bit like GT, especially this part
Spoiler for super:
Old 2015-07-01, 13:00   Link #266
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So basically I'm going to have to deal with Gohan from the last film the entire course of this new series? No!!!

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-07-01, 14:21   Link #267
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It feels a bit like GT, especially this part
Spoiler for super:
Well that's only one saga it sounds like, so hopefully we get done with that quickly. I'd really like to see some tournament with people from other universes.
Old 2015-07-01, 14:32   Link #268
RDNexus

^ Go read DB Multiverse, then, it's just what you may want
Old 2015-07-01, 14:54   Link #269
sayde

Sounds like it may take awhile for this series to get interesting. Afterall, we have to get through retellings of both BoG and Revival of F first. What I want to know is, are the events really going to be all that different from the movies? And if so, is there any point in me even bothering to watch Revival of F?
Old 2015-07-01, 15:09   Link #270
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sounds like it may take awhile for this series to get interesting. Afterall, we have to get through retellings of both BoG and Revival of F first. What I want to know is, are the events really going to be all that different from the movies? And if so, is there any point in me even bothering to watch Revival of F?
I can't see any reason in seeing the movie other than better animation.
Old 2015-07-01, 15:17   Link #271
sayde

This makes me wish they simply started the series after Revival of F. Hopefully there's a good reason why Toriyama felt he needed to retell it as oppose to recapping it through one or two episodes.
Old 2015-07-01, 16:21   Link #272
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
So basically I'm going to have to deal with Gohan from the last film the entire course of this new series? No!!!
Gohan was not that bad, half ass spoiler made him bad like losing to random grunt instead of Freeza

Quote:
This makes me wish they simply started the series after Revival of F. Hopefully there's a good reason why Toriyama felt he needed to retell it as oppose to recapping it through one or two episodes.
probably because he couldn't put all his thought in movie because of time limit.
Old 2015-07-01, 16:24   Link #273
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Well the way I see it, Battle of Gods will probably be greatly improved with a full arc, seeing as there's so much they can cover. But for the Frieza thing, I'm hoping/expecting that it will be a very short arc. 10 episodes or less, because there really isn't much going on in it. Like that's something that could've just happened randomly on a weekend for them.
Old 2015-07-02, 11:52   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As I said before, I wouldn't it put it past Toei to reuse the animation from the movie. I'm hoping they won't though, and that they'll make some changes. The one I really want to see is SSJ3 Vegeta. It's our very last chance to see him in that form (yes, I know it's been done in games), since after BoG this transformation will become completely irrelevant.
Old 2015-07-02, 16:37   Link #275
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Heh, so much for “the movies are cannon!”. Turns out they are just alternate retellings of what’s to come in Super series (if my interpretation of what Toriyama was saying is true). And Toei will have some scenes available to be re-used in the new series. Toei, you sly dog .
Old 2015-07-03, 11:52   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Episode 2 title and synopsis:
Old 2015-07-03, 13:04   Link #277
sayde

lol. I'm surprised by how much I'm looking forward to such an episode.

Last edited by sayde; 2015-07-03 at 16:36.
Old 2015-07-03, 16:21   Link #278
MCAL

You know, I wouldn't mind a DBZ slice-of-life series.
Old 2015-07-03, 21:57   Link #279
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
You know, I wouldn't mind a DBZ slice-of-life series.
ESPECIALLY if it involves mostly Vegeta. XD
Old 2015-07-04, 00:36   Link #280
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

LOL What? This series is making it sound like Vegeta is a better father than Goku.

I hope we see some of Gohan's slice of life, we rarely ever see Gohan and Pan interact like actual father daughter, most of the time she's been around it's with Goku. Maybe Krillin can guest star with his family, they are pretty close too.

So instead of fighting we are going to get a Z slice of life type series? See normal life of the Z warriors LOL. Chichi's dream is coming true

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Closed Thread