Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-07, 21:19   Link #261
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I don't care who is doing it, I'm just glad episodes are finally beginning to roll out. I only noticed two errors in the Toybox release, both of which were relatively minor. Quality or timely release... Quality will shine through when someone downloads the file in a year out of curiosity, and that person sure doesn't care when the episode came out.

I got a totally SHnY vibe at first, wondering what the heck was going on, yet oddly stuck on my monitor. The character designs are kinda strange to me after watching Deathnote, D.Gray-man and the like... but not in a bad way. Also, WTF is up with the student council VP's hair?!
Old 2006-12-07, 22:24   Link #262
Ptolemi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
I don't care who is doing it, I'm just glad episodes are finally beginning to roll out. I only noticed two errors in the Toybox release, both of which were relatively minor. Quality or timely release... Quality will shine through when someone downloads the file in a year out of curiosity, and that person sure doesn't care when the episode came out.

I got a totally SHnY vibe at first, wondering what the heck was going on, yet oddly stuck on my monitor. The character designs are kinda strange to me after watching Deathnote, D.Gray-man and the like... but not in a bad way. Also, WTF is up with the student council VP's hair?!
Wait i am confused. Someone picked up this anime? It doesn't show on the animesuki website.
Old 2006-12-07, 22:27   Link #263
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
^ PM sent.
Old 2006-12-07, 23:22   Link #264
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Also, WTF is up with the student council VP's hair?!
You have seen nothing yet. I believe it changes according to her moods...
High-quality animation, a lot of action, funny and very moe~, if those are what you like, you are going to enjoy this series.

I'm also glad that subs are coming out, and I thank all the groups for their hard work, you are doing awesome job, but please, please, this is thread for Mamoru-kun so lets keep discussion on topic, there is a fansub groups forum, you know.
Old 2006-12-07, 23:28   Link #265
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
Wait i am confused. Someone picked up this anime? It doesn't show on the animesuki website.
OMG! Once again, reading only the post he's replying too. This is quickly becoming an epidemic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
High-quality animation, a lot of action, funny and very moe~, if those are what you like, you are going to enjoy this series.
I agree completely. I think there's a good blend of elements - it can be serious, it can be funny, it can be cute, and it pulls them all off quite well. Plus, I'm always a fan of 24-26 episode shows, so that's also a plus in my book. Hopefully more people will check it out as the subs roll along.
Old 2006-12-08, 03:11   Link #266
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
Vulture subbers -_-

If you wanted to do the series, you should have done it when it was new.
Wrong. Vulture subbing is when you start to sub a show from an episode after the last released fansub. Restarting from episode 1 is NOT vulture subbing. They have just as much right to fansub this show from episode 1 as you do, so please don't bully them.

And they probably didn't fansub it when it was new because the show was being fansubbed by someone else then and they didn't see the need for more than 1 group to sub it. After people wait several months for an episode they sometimes complain and they are told to sub it themselves if they don't want to wait. Well guess what? They did it themselves just as they have every right to do.

Now please let's not hear any more sour grapes just because your own group is having trouble.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-08, 03:52   Link #267
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
...High-quality animation, a lot of action, funny and very moe~....
And episode 10 is a good example of 1, 3, and 4, with a great blast (literally) thrown in for good measure. Ayako's burst of anger takes out a satellite as collateral damage.

The colors in this show are really wonderful (like Akazukin and Negima in that regard). The animation company, Zexcs, has done nothing that looks like this before: their big credits are Canvas2, Sukisho, Final Approach, D.C. Da Capo, and all the Sister Princess series. I keep noticing Korean names here and there in the credits.

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of 13 eps than 24, but for a show that isn't really plot-driven, this one has a good chance to maintain interest for that long.

Takahashi Mikako continues to do a great job with what seems to me like a difficult character, making those constant fluctuations from moe to masterful. "Megadere," indeed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-12-08 at 04:39.
Old 2006-12-08, 10:49   Link #268
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Episode 10 Summary

Japanese culture is clearly centered on high school girls.

As for ToyBox's version of episode one, it's quite nice, and I noticed a grand total of 3 glaring errors, one at the "supaii" pun, (it's "sour" not "spicy" for god's sake), "blushing" was translated as "blacked out" (wtf?) and a minor spelling error.

Trivially adding in, Toybox's version was the 11th time I watched the first episode of Mamoru-kun orz.
Old 2006-12-08, 11:36   Link #269
Crafty_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze View Post
As for ToyBox's version of episode one, it's quite nice, and I noticed a grand total of 3 glaring errors, one at the "supaii" pun, (it's "sour" not "spicy" for god's sake), "blushing" was translated as "blacked out" (wtf?) and a minor spelling error.
Hey
I just wanted to address the supaii thingy: In english spicy sounds closer to spy than sour, that's why I decided on it. Also, I though I heard the Student Council's President saying "makkura ni natta Ayako" (referring to her look while saying "Abiding by your wish"), but I could've misheard it.
I have started translating as of soon, so I could really use a person to run a tl/QC on my scripts, and you seem to have enough knowledge to get the job done. If you're interested, I'd gladly welcome you to our group ^_^
Old 2006-12-08, 14:20   Link #270
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Wrong. Vulture subbing is when you start to sub a show from an episode after the last released fansub. Restarting from episode 1 is NOT vulture subbing. They have just as much right to fansub this show from episode 1 as you do, so please don't bully them.

And they probably didn't fansub it when it was new because the show was being fansubbed by someone else then and they didn't see the need for more than 1 group to sub it. After people wait several months for an episode they sometimes complain and they are told to sub it themselves if they don't want to wait. Well guess what? They did it themselves just as they have every right to do.

Now please let's not hear any more sour grapes just because your own group is having trouble.
No, vulture subbing in this case is taking on a project despite the fact that the active group continually saying that they are going to do it. The fact that they didn't sub it when it first came out but chose to sub it later when the other group was having problems is the very definition of vulture subbing.

If they weren't planning on doing it from the start because another group was doing it, why start now when someone has continually updated the fact they were still planning on doing it?

Starting over from episode 1 when a fansub is up to 13 is a totally different matter.

Also, our "troubles" are far beyond any of the simple issues that most fansub groups have. It seems that you haven't read any of my posts or you wouldn't refer to our problem so lightly. Before calling something "sour grapes", I'd highly advise that you look into what's going on.
Old 2006-12-08, 14:47   Link #271
Crafty_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
No, vulture subbing in this case is taking on a project despite the fact that the active group continually saying that they are going to do it. The fact that they didn't sub it when it first came out but chose to sub it later when the other group was having problems is the very definition of vulture subbing.
Also, our "troubles" are far beyond any of the simple issues that most fansub groups have. It seems that you haven't read any of my posts or you wouldn't refer to our problem so lightly. Before calling something "sour grapes", I'd highly advise that you look into what's going on.
Shouta, I am sorry that you see us in such a way. Actually, before the episode was completed, I hadn't read this topic. I didn't know that there was a different group, that was actually going to fansub this series. I am not sure that I would've started on Mamoru if I had this information. However, now that I have started, I have no intention to stopping.

I have yet to read Your posts regarding the problem that was the reason for the slowdown, but I promise do to so.
Only thing I can do, is wish you luck ^_^

I see no problem whatsoever in two groups working on the same series. It happens all the time. Actually, if you want, you can find me on irc. I'd be happy if I could have a chat with you.

PS I've been working on Mamoru for more than a month now, so it's not as if I started now that you decided to return to subbing it. And the reason why I didn't start when the anime itself started airing is simple: I just missed it. A friend of mine introduced me to it a while back, I liked it, and decided I'd love to sub it ^_^
Old 2006-12-08, 17:51   Link #272
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
I don't care about your problems: Crafty_Shadow is free to sub whatever he wants... it's not like you are the copyright holder of this anime so you can't make any protests against anyone who decides to sub it. If your group is having problems solve them or if you can't disband the project: like I said before I don't care about your problems... I only care of having the fansubs of this nice anime on a more regular basis and Crafty_Shadow is doing a wonderful job in this sense and I'm very thankful to him. So please stop whining about other group's job and think to your own group's problems.

Last edited by ccardoso; 2006-12-08 at 18:08.
Old 2006-12-08, 17:59   Link #273
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Quote:
Let our rivalry be a friendly one, and let the competition better us in our desire to do better than our opponent. Hatred is not the solution. Express your passion through your work.
Old 2006-12-08, 18:05   Link #274
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Good Lord - this is a tempest in a teapot. When there are mediocre series out there being subbed by a half-dozen groups, why should any group feel as though they own the rights to sub this one? The more the merrier, I say - and don't let anyone dissuade you, Toybox. We appreciate your efforts.
Old 2006-12-08, 21:01   Link #275
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This post may be bad karma or whatever, but seriously, this isn't the time for lectures or war cries. Someone who was working on this project was very sick, and got better. That's the real story here. You ignore that and go on to act all self-righteous (and remind us how "nobody owns a project", which everyone knows already), and you just come across as heartless in this situation, not to mention ignorant for not having read the whole thread to know the full story. If you seriously can't figure out why someone might feel hurt in this situation then, frankly, you lack empathy... but my feeling is that most of you just read a few posts up and replied out of "righteous indignation" or some such. My suggestion is to just let it drop, lest the bitterness and resentment continue to build up. I'm not even involved, and reading this thread is making me feel sick. Let's move on and talk about the actual show, or something.
Old 2006-12-08, 21:05   Link #276
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Let our rivalry be a friendly one, and let the competition better us in our desire to do better than our opponent. Hatred is not the solution. Express your passion through your work.
Who said this is a rivalry? I don't personally care much if someone else does a sub of a series I'm doing but I will chime in if I think something is of suspect.

Quote:
Good Lord - this is a tempest in a teapot. When there are mediocre series out there being subbed by a half-dozen groups, why should any group feel as though they own the rights to sub this one? The more the merrier, I say - and don't let anyone dissuade you, Toybox. We appreciate your efforts.
Who said we have the sole rights to sub something? I dare you to find a single quote from either myself or Raistlin that supports that preposterous claim.

That aside, it's pretty obvious no one has even bothered to read what I've posted in the last 3-4 weeks. I even specifically stated what was going on back on the 12th of November or so.
Old 2006-12-08, 21:40   Link #277
Vulcannis

Don't exaggerate Shouta, of course some of us have read the posts you and Raist made about Maho's recent problems. And I'm sure everyone who has is sympathetic. There will always be idiots who don't bother reading a thread before posting or who think you owe them something. That's the price of participating in a public forum and distributing fansubs.

But it's irrelevant whether or not you directly claimed to have sole subbing rights to Mamoru, your cries of vulture subbing amount to the same thing. As much as I appreciate Maho's efforts to date no one owes you anything. If another group sharing your taste in anime is such a blow to your egos I suggest you either suck it up or consider other hobbies.
Old 2006-12-08, 22:17   Link #278
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Don't exaggerate Shouta, of course some of us have read the posts you and Raist made about Maho's recent problems. And I'm sure everyone who has is sympathetic. There will always be idiots who don't bother reading a thread before posting or who think you owe them something. That's the price of participating in a public forum and distributing fansubs.
The point was to exaggerate...relentlessflame read what what we said so I can't literally say it. >_>

If I was going to literally mean it, I would've said literally

Quote:
But it's irrelevant whether or not you directly claimed to have sole subbing rights to Mamoru, your cries of vulture subbing amount to the same thing.
How does saying vulture sub equate to having sole subbing rights? I don't see the logical connection between the two. Neither Raist nor I have said for them to stop or even implied it.

Quote:
As much as I appreciate Maho's efforts to date no one owes you anything. If another group sharing your taste in anime is such a blow to your egos I suggest you either suck it up or consider other hobbies.
Personally, I think some of the folks that have posted in this thread at least owe me a bit of courtesy and should've read my posts instead of playing the guessing and scheming game like I wasn't here. However, that was several weeks ago and has nothing to do with the current discussion.

There's no ego involved on my part. I jumped in to refute a claim NSW made and back up Raist. Enzo made a claim that I thought was ridiculous and I called him on it. I'm simply responding to things that have been made in reference to Raist and I (and calling out NSW a bit). I haven't even addressed ToyBox aside from making a comment in response to Supersonic which was a comment directed at me.
Old 2006-12-08, 22:33   Link #279
Vulcannis

Quote:
The point was to exaggerate...relentlessflame read what what we said so I can't literally say it. >_>

If I was going to literally mean it, I would've said literally
Fair enough. Perhaps I was misinterpreting the mood in the thread; the recent lack of smilies and what not.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to episode 2. It sounds like the anime hasn't nose dived quality wise or anything. What's the opinion on the series so far from all you raw watchers out there?
Old 2006-12-08, 22:38   Link #280
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
...no one owes you anything.
Vulcannis is right. However Shouta, you guys also don't owe these people anything. It's obvious that there are alot of ingrates following this show, just like with anything I guess. They just need to get their fix, and they don't care if it's a hand-made burger or McDonald's.

If these people want the show to be rapesubbed so badly, what I'd say is: drop the project, and let them get their fix from the rapesubbers or not at all.

You people put too much effort into your work to have it disrespected like this.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs