AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Isolation (Volume 23) Rating
Perfect 10 14 56.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-14, 20:32   Link #261
Kotaro kunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
So I suppose this is the volume where Mayumi bows out of the Tatsuya sweepstakes (not that she had a chance in the first place).
Nope, she didn't attack Tatsuya, she is concerned for him too.
Kotaro kunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 20:37   Link #262
patcan3609

Honestly, Mayumi is just out of the Tatsuya bowl. Regardless of whether or not she is worried about Tatsuya, she still stood on the opposite side. Even though this is because of her position and responsibility as one of the 10 MC, fact remains that she stood opposite of his idea and most likely will continue doing so.
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 00:03   Link #263
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
Tatsuya's interaction with Yakumo always interesting and funny

CMIIW, I may read it wrong but this is what I understand
Spoiler for Tatsuya realized the missing point of his research:

My conclusion, maybe Tatsuya really thought of becoming the "god" of world?
I think it could be a nod to him trying to understand the object his mother in law gave him several volumes ago that can store activation sequences. If he can unlock its mysteries he could store instances of Material Burst in them and maybe create a system of deterrence through them independent of himself ?
Old 2017-08-15, 00:29   Link #264
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan3609 View Post
Honestly, Mayumi is just out of the Tatsuya bowl. Regardless of whether or not she is worried about Tatsuya, she still stood on the opposite side. Even though this is because of her position and responsibility as one of the 10 MC, fact remains that she stood opposite of his idea and most likely will continue doing so.
Like Tatsuya will ever hold it against her, He never held anything against Lina when she attempted to capture him(she even blew his arm off for christs sake). Tatsuya's not one to hold a grudge against someone who's essentially a victim of circumstance like Mayumi is in this scenario. Their relationship will likely resume to how it was before once this problem is taken care of and apologies are exchanged.

Last edited by -Mahesvara_; 2017-08-15 at 00:39.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 07:08   Link #265
DanielSong39

I think Lina's circumstance was very different from Mayumi's...

In any case Lina bowed out on her own terms and with class, so things are pretty much settled there. I think Mayumi is in a more difficult situation.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 07:15   Link #266
amtro
Distro

I think you should all quiet down a bit, because none of you seem to know what you're talking about.
Mayumi was showing concern for Tatsuya DESPITE being on the opposite side due to her circumstances. The author even makes a point of how she screamed Tatsuya's name despite her supposedly being with Katsuto.
Nothing was decided in this volume, aside from the fact that Miki, Erika and Leo are best bros with Tatsuya and that Honoka is turning more vicious.
Old 2017-08-15, 08:48   Link #267
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

We can't forget about Pixie, guys. There is no way she will leave Tatsuya, her Master, alone when he is going to escape in the next volume.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 12:16   Link #268
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I think it could be a nod to him trying to understand the object his mother in law gave him several volumes ago that can store activation sequences. If he can unlock its mysteries he could store instances of Material Burst in them and maybe create a system of deterrence through them independent of himself ?
Makes sense, it would connect the pieces.
But the usage of Material Burst is necessary to use ES, it would hard to replicate.

If Tatsuya is able to replicate relic Ni-no-Magatama, his problems more and less would be solved because magicians would be no need to deployed directly. Of course another problems would pop up but his current plan where magicians doesn't have to be a weapon unwillingly would be solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
We can't forget about Pixie, guys. There is no way she will leave Tatsuya, her Master, alone when he is going to escape in the next volume.
She's following Tatsuya to Izu

Spoiler for Mayumi intent by accompanying Katsuto:

Spoiler for Lina's change of heart:

Clark didn't threat Lina to keep the information, he said if by any chance the information leaked, it's highly probable the info would became a public.

Last edited by mashingan; 2017-08-15 at 13:34. Reason: fix silly mistake, lol
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 13:06   Link #269
azarhal

WTH would the USNA build something like that?

Although, the moment I read there was a huge carrier twice as big as anything, I knew it was going to be destroyed eventually. Going by how the engine works, it so will be...but not before someone film was is going on in there.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 13:27   Link #270
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Whoa! Katsuto's going to fight against his clone!

Sad how they underestimate Tatsuya like this when Tatsuya specifically made a new magic to counter Katsuto's barrier. Now I'm hoping there will be a fight just to see their reaction.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 13:37   Link #271
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

So did the three really underestimate Tatsuya because he was Course 2? Cuz I feel like that how it is.

Even if they don't like the discrimination they still do so if even subconsciously.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 13:39   Link #272
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
WTH would the USNA build something like that?

Although, the moment I read there was a huge carrier twice as big as anything, I knew it was going to be destroyed eventually. Going by how the engine works, it so will be...but not before someone film was is going on in there.
I read it as if a wind passes
I got only some parts of those lines, so maybe it's explained there ... or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Whoa! Katsuto's going to fight against his clone!

Sad how they underestimate Tatsuya like this when Tatsuya specifically made a new magic to counter Katsuto's barrier. Now I'm hoping there will be a fight just to see their reaction.
Fixed. That's really silly mistake

There's the fight, just dig around for posts which depict that fight.
Because I haven't reach that scene/page, I still rely on those spoilers too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
So did the three really underestimate Tatsuya because he was Course 2? Cuz I feel like that how it is.

Even if they don't like the discrimination they still do so if even subconsciously.
I think the main reason because Mayumi and Katsuto still didn't know the true Tatsuya power.
Erika too knew only because she's with Tatsuya more often than those two, but even that's only because her intuition, not because of factual info.
Old 2017-08-15, 13:47   Link #273
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Maybe but It's also because those who've sit on high with power(10master Clans, Mari while not of them has been with Mayumi and Katsuto for awhile so she's got the same mind frame) can only see it their own way verses the ones who toiled away with lesser power and open to different ways of things, Or something like that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2017-08-15, 13:57   Link #274
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Maybe but It's also because those who've sit on high with power(10master Clans, Mari while not of them has been with Mayumi and Katsuto for awhile so she's got the same mind frame) can only see it their own way verses the ones who toiled away with lesser power and open to different ways of things, Or something like that.
Of course, that's a factor too.
Since they don't know another info about Tatsuya, all they can do is relying their info about current Tatsuya's power level.

The different with the one who really looks down is just like that Morisaki guy, simply dissed someone just because he has higher class placement than Tatsuya.

If those three knew about Tatsuya decomposition and ES, not in any chance they will think they'll able to win.
Also, I think the most powerful about Tatsuya is his analytical skill and magic development.
If not, he wouldn't able to devise a new magic just to fight Phalanx
Old 2017-08-15, 14:08   Link #275
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Tatsuya is nothing if not innovative lol.

I'm hoping they'll see that Tatsuya is right and they're wrong.
But Drama is Drama.

Old 2017-08-15, 14:35   Link #276
cyberdemon

Quote:

It doesn't have to do with him being course 2. Its just that from what info they know, Katsuto's magic is simply a good match up against Tatsuya's. Even Tatsuya IIRC thought this before. Its kinda like while Maya is considered one of the strongest magicians, Tatsuya's magic is well suited for a fight against her.
Old 2017-08-15, 14:54   Link #277
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It doesn't have to do with him being course 2. Its just that from what info they know, Katsuto's magic is simply a good match up against Tatsuya's. Even Tatsuya IIRC thought this before. Its kinda like while Maya is considered one of the strongest magicians, Tatsuya's magic is well suited for a fight against her.
You don't need to reply to that. Your not seeing the context I've put in.
So just don't say anything.

Old 2017-08-15, 16:12   Link #278
-Mahesvara_

Quote:

Spoiler for Lina's change of heart:

Clark didn't threat Lina to keep the information, he said if by any chance the information leaked, it's highly probable the info would became a public.
Well I guess its to be expected that they would think Katsuto would win, I bet they were quite surprised with how Tatsuya was destroying Katsuto's barriers though and when he pulled out Baryon Lance. Mayumi should of been aware of decomposition though, since she did witness him use it once.

Thanks for the clarification, I hope people will now stop overreacting about Mayumi's actions this volume.

Man I hope this finally pushes Lina to leave the USNA and move to Japan.

Last edited by -Mahesvara_; 2017-08-15 at 16:23.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 16:14   Link #279
bakato

Quote:
Of course, that's a factor too.
Since they don't know another info about Tatsuya, all they can do is relying their info about current Tatsuya's power level.

The different with the one who really looks down is just like that Morisaki guy, simply dissed someone just because he has higher class placement than Tatsuya.

If those three knew about Tatsuya decomposition and ES, not in any chance they will think they'll able to win.
Also, I think the most powerful about Tatsuya is his analytical skill and magic development.
If not, he wouldn't able to devise a new magic just to fight Phalanx
That reminds me. Do we see Morisaki's reaction?
Old 2017-08-15, 16:27   Link #280
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That reminds me. Do we see Morisaki's reaction?
Who?

/joking...sorta.

He's irrelevant ever since the second year started.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote