AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-24, 15:35   Link #261
lommm
l'homme de lommm

dunno if anyone has the soundtrack, but it's pretty damn good. like a movie score. here is some of the booklet. it has the lyrics for the OP and ED, though only the ED is in English for some reason... maybe because it's already in English. lol

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Booklet01.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Booklet02.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Booklet03.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Booklet05.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Booklet06.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Booklet07.jpg

Last edited by lommm; 2006-11-24 at 15:51.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 10:00   Link #262
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
is there shounen ai in this show? (considering the main character is a transvestite)
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 03:04   Link #263
lommm
l'homme de lommm

not yet... at least not out right shounen ai... but it's come pretty close a couple of times... i woulldn't be surprised if we get there, because one of the main character, Durand, was in love with D'Eon's sister, Lia. D'Eon is dressing up like Lia and becoming possessed by her ghost. There have already been instances that show where Durand is still having feeling for Lia, and he might transfer them onto D'Eon. But it hasn't happened yet. I'd just ask back every few weeks, since i know you like shounen ai. we'll tell you if it has happened or not.

also, one of the other main "male" characters, Robin, may actually be a girl.
Old 2006-11-27, 06:54   Link #264
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
thanks! :]
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:09   Link #265
Doria

Yeah, it's pretty hard for me to watch Durand longing after Lia (who is, unfortunately, alive only in Eon currently) without seeing at least some attenuated shounen-ai.

But beyond that, I wouldn't say it's particularly strong in that category. Obviously, if you really want to see those kinds of pairings in it, you can find ways--Eon, to my mind, seems far more interested in pretty much any of his companions than he is in his ostensible fiancee, Anna. And as the obsessive speculation about his gender suggests, Robin is a bit on the girly side, though I'd submit that this is more due to the creators wanting to play up his youth and relative immaturity/lack of experience.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 21:51   Link #266
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i agree, i just like making a joke out of robin :P
Old 2006-11-30, 20:27   Link #267
Doria

Everyone likes making a joke of Robin! Seriously, I actually wouldn't object to the series developing some of our main group's characters a teeny bit more. I do see some development with Eon... but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that by the end, Robin will have grown up considerably, Durand will probably have sacrificed himself either a) heroically (and to be with Lia) or b) heroically (and to make up for having killed Lia... totally a random theory), and Teillagory will still be hanging out with women in the bar.

Well, realistically, I suppose it's more likely that Teillagory will die b/c he is older so, not such a big loss maybe? But I'll be sad if that's the case, as he is my favorite. Durand is awesome, but those horrible, horrible boots just spoil his coolness factor for me every time.
Old 2006-12-01, 06:38   Link #268
lommm
l'homme de lommm

well, in reality Durand took a very long (30 years+) post in England... as a spy... in the foreiggn ministry... but he apparently hated Louis XV and felt that being in Le Secret meant that he was better than the king and more important to France...

yeah, i've been reading my library books

and i can't find a real teillagory.... there were people with similar names in Le Secret, but no one by that name in any of the D'Eon I have. quite a bit on Durand, in that D'Eon was often sent to the same place as Durand.

so my money's on Old T dying... but of shock when Robin tries to turn him into a lolicon!
Old 2006-12-01, 07:36   Link #269
wao
OK.

Was just catching up on some Chevalier D'Eon, and while I've gotten thoroughly confused as to what's going on, the art in episode 13 is pretty nice in some places. And I swear the way they were directing it, if there were any fujoshi for this show, they would have gone rioting after watching this episode. I personally kind of liked the flashback in Lia=D'eon's head with Robespierre.

Loved the last part with Robespierre and the mirror. Very cool - makes me want to watch 14 now (after I finish my STUPID MISTAKE of adding all the episode 13 credits as episode 12 credits!!!! Now I have to edit them all again!!!) Also liked Durand's reactions.

An animator note: Episode 13 was directed, storyboarded, and correcetd all by one person - Daizen Komatsuda... He even did the layout!
Spoiler for just some n00b musings on the production:
Old 2006-12-01, 21:04   Link #270
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
#14 was a most excellent episode!

The quality of genga work was beyond reproof. Good, simply, clean lines, very steady line and color work, confident animation. The tension in the scene where Durand was going to cut off Robin's hand was unbelievably well executed.

And everyone is still gay for Charles. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 21:52   Link #271
wao
OK.

...Ironic that it's a farmed-out episode, isn't it?

Shows how damn dedicated the main staff (esp. the animation directors) are when they can put in so much effort into correcting the lines and making what would have been mediocre, seem good. It's been like this for a number of episodes.

(Hint: 4 animation directors. And I suspect the segment you were talking about (which I like too) was either madly corrected or just redone entirely by one of them, and not credited.)
Old 2006-12-02, 07:41   Link #272
lommm
l'homme de lommm

what was with the preview for ep15? was Durand crying tears of blood? I knew Durand wasn't all he seemed to be! remember in ep3 when he let Beaumarchais go and said "Oh, it was so we could follow him." well, i've been readin books about D'Eon, and the real Durand hated, HATED, Louis XV, even though he was one of the top spies in Le Secret. i wonder is we'll start to see this come through in the story.

ep14 was one of the best episodes yet. story, structure, framing. i guess the Russian arc was what threw this off a little. i think it was one episode too long. maybe even 2...
Old 2006-12-03, 10:12   Link #273
ccardoso
Banned

Yes but what about Lia's killer?!?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 16:22   Link #274
lommm
l'homme de lommm

you mean whether or not Robespierre did it?

well we can speculate as to who did it... maybe Durand, but we still only have circumstantial evidence. i have a feeling there is a huge twist coming soon. hell, maybe Louis XV killed her himself!
Old 2006-12-11, 18:49   Link #275
Doria

I believe I'm on record as at least positing that Louis XV would be ultimately responsible for her death... (I can't imagine he personally would have done the deed, but ordered it, yeah I can see that; it will also explain why Eon by the end would be disillusioned enough to let the French Revolution go).

Still too many factions, though, to really say for sure.
Old 2006-12-12, 13:10   Link #276
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, man, Durand is TEH ZORRO. I laughed hard when I saw him do the "Z" cut. 8)

Absolutely delightful episode. I loved the use of colors in many of the scenes as well as the unconventional camera perspectives. The story advanced forward and we got a tiny glimpse at the possible revelations of the mysterious Lia-Maximilien-Durand connection.

The era of sub-par Chevalier episodes is firmly behind us. This was certainly one of the most poignant episodes in the series that honorably followed in the footsteps of its predecessor. Let us hope for more episodes like that.

It's so sad that I am enjoying it in such a small (even if welcome) company, though.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 05:12   Link #277
glyph

Spoiler for recit 15:
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 05:44   Link #278
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i know what you mean, MrProphet. it's kind of sad that there aren't some insane number of fans on here. it's such a good show (as long as we fast forward through the Russian arc). but it's nice that we who frequent this thread appreciate and enjoy the show so much.

i really think 13 was great, 14 was better, and 15 is even better. the england arc is just awesome. not only is the animation and style back, but the english are sooo creepy!

@glyph: ima get back to ya
Old 2006-12-14, 02:25   Link #279
Doria

Strangely, I was talking to... uh, someone... and they were saying, "Doria, you'll love the England arc because everyone is so creepy." So I guess it's official--3 out of 4 Cheva-lovers agree!

I've gotten a little delayed in my viewing, but I'm looking forward to getting out of Russia and into England, myself.

I know what you guys mean about not having more viewers, but after the first couple episodes, I didn't really expect it would garner a huge fanbase. It seems targeted for a more adult audience, and then the number who are likely to enjoy this particular kind of story seems narrower still. At the very least, we are in good company, as lommm says.
Old 2006-12-15, 04:11   Link #280
lommm
l'homme de lommm

yeah, it's seinen which, with only a few exceptions (death note, monster, mushishi), never really grabs the kind of audience that shounen grabs. plus, yes, men in dresses will automatically narrow the target audience. lol i guess i'm just surprised sometimes that more of the blood+ crowd isn't watching this.

and i believe you were talking to me when i said that... tee-hee

Tags
historical, supernatural