AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-16, 18:48   Link #261
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the fun thing is if the anime viewers didn't read the synopsis, they wouldn't know Kurumi and Takeshi are a "fake couple", so her reactions would look tame for a girlfriend and so forth.
lol, I didn't read the synopsis. And I didn't even know they're suppose to be a couple before reading this. I just thought she was just a jealous girl that has some affection for him. Makes some of her actions make more sense, but its still very thin, and poorly delivered.
Old 2014-01-16, 18:53   Link #262
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
lol, I didn't read the synopsis. And I didn't even know they're suppose to be a couple before reading this. I just thought she was just a jealous girl that has some affection for him. Makes some of her actions make more sense, but its still very thin, and poorly delivered.
In the beginning of the first episode Kurumi says that they are going out with each other.
Old 2014-01-16, 19:22   Link #263
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wait wait wait, you mean to say there was a global magic war? And nobody even so much as noticed? And how the hell did that elimination spell or that Gift spell not turn every kid around the world into mages? The previous episode was quite explicit in establishing that so much as getting brushed with a whiff of excess magic turns you into a mage!

Speaking of which, the villain. If you want "a world just for magicians" why don't you just... I dunno... infect every child in the world with magic? It's quite easy, you know.

And what's up with everyone just going "kay, gonna live in another world now." I can get the MC, but why are the other two staying? Blondie looks like he has a little sis. No brother would ever consider abandoning his little sis at the drop of a hat because "oooh, magic" no matter how awesome magic is.

And there is no way you can convince me miss bumbling idiot "oopsie, I had to be protected by amateurs and got three people involved in magic, tehe" is a super S-class mage.

And then there was "Let's swing dangerous weapons at a rookie to test something that may or may not blow his hand of." Yeah, that was a good idea. Aren't you glad he lucked out with his super synergy instead of exploding an arm or, god forbid, you chopping one off?

Blaagh, this anime manages to push all the wrong buttons.
Last Requiem happened after the world was split so the humans of the Ruined World were killed.

It's like Harry Potter. Pureblood magicians probably don't acknowledge mudbloods.

Ida's sister probably has some sort of illness he wants to cure with magic.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:30   Link #264
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Wow, you must really want to watch this, considering how reluctant you are to drop it...
Three episode rule, mostly. I've seen many series that started out stupid, but got better after a bumpy start.

That won't stop me from hammering that bumpy start into the ground though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Episode 1 only explained that being in direct influence of magic would turn you into a magician. "Gift" had only influenced the land.
Doubtful, as this would mean a simple flight spell or helicopter could circumvent the Gift effect.

But even that aside, let's say it only affected the land. As a global spell, it affected all the land. People tend to live on land and would thus be touching the land as it was being magicked. Our MC turned into a mage because a bullet magic bullet was shot at him and missed him by about 30 CM. Standing on the land that's being magicked is even more direct contact compared to that.

It's another one of the many "author didn't think this through" moment that tend to crop up in this anime
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:35   Link #265
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
I was only correcting you on the s-class magician thing. Don't forget they are only students in the end, they can't fight with professional magicians.
Unless the go all Harry Potter, of course, then we'll get student magician beating full-fledged ones. Which considering how much dumbed down the anime was...
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:41   Link #266
synx

Is the anime ever going to get into plot? We've just had infodump after infodump.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:41   Link #267
Znail

I wouldn't get too hung up on the elite class thing. Considering that C class is the failure class so is it logical to assume that there is also the A B and S classes. That only makes the S class the top 25% of the students of this school, not some super elective group. She doesn't explode accidentally, so is obviously ahead of the C class.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 20:06   Link #268
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Doubtful, as this would mean a simple flight spell or helicopter could circumvent the Gift effect.

But even that aside, let's say it only affected the land. As a global spell, it affected all the land. People tend to live on land and would thus be touching the land as it was being magicked. Our MC turned into a mage because a bullet magic bullet was shot at him and missed him by about 30 CM. Standing on the land that's being magicked is even more direct contact compared to that.

It's another one of the many "author didn't think this through" moment that tend to crop up in this anime
Spoiler for Reply (contains info from the LN):
Old 2014-01-16, 20:26   Link #269
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply (contains info from the LN):
So a tiny bit of magic from a spell that didn't even directly hit its target turns you into a mage, but two giant world altering spells that changed the entire world do nothing because "they're special?"

Rather arbitrary, wouldn't you say?
Old 2014-01-16, 20:37   Link #270
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
So a tiny bit of magic from a spell that didn't even directly hit its target turns you into a mage, but two giant world altering spells that changed the entire world do nothing because "they're special?"

Rather arbitrary, wouldn't you say?
That's rather a biased way of phrasing it.... If you call that arbitrary, then almost every major LN would be the same for you, that is, they too should contain plot convenient fallacies.
Old 2014-01-16, 20:43   Link #271
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
That's rather a biased way of phrasing it.... If you call that arbitrary, then almost every major LN would be the same for you, that is, they too should contain plot convenient fallacies.
And I call such plotholes out in those stories as well. But most stories at least take the time to explain why the exceptions are exceptions.
Old 2014-01-16, 20:53   Link #272
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
And I call such plotholes out in those stories as well. But most stories at least take the time to explain why the exceptions are exceptions.
So will Mahousen, just sit back and relax. (assuming you won't drop it (don't think about dropping it at least for Nano))
Old 2014-01-16, 20:54   Link #273
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder what kind of story the author actually wanted to write instead of Mahou Sensou...

ANN: "Even 'Magical Warfare' Original Creator Didn't Think the Anime Was A Good Idea"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 20:59   Link #274
leokiko

Can't do this anymore, this is too dumb in so many levels. Dropped.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 20:59   Link #275
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wonder what kind of story the author actually wanted to write instead of Mahou Sensou...

ANN: "Even 'Magical Warfare' Original Creator Didn't Think the Anime Was A Good Idea"
The author of that post misunderstood few things about the interview there.

Spoiler for The orignal (Japanese) version:

People who can read Japanese should understand what I am talking about.
Old 2014-01-16, 21:23   Link #276
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

From what I interpret from the translation in ANN, the author doesn't want his work to be lost in translation, but he appreciates the adaptation regardless. He also had other ideas instead of Mahou Sensou, but I think most light novel publishers pitch in ideas more instead of vice versa.

Sp yeah, it's not necessarily a regret of writing such a series, but more of revealing some insights behind working with Mahou Sensou.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 21:31   Link #277
mistress_kisara

I do agree that the series itself is dumb but I've watched shows that was just as dumb (and I have enjoyed). I'm mostly watching for the seiyuus and the god-tier ending theme
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:41   Link #278
Allium
Keep on keeping on

The quality of the visuals are quite detracting from the whole magic setting, and Takeshi, Mui and the other characters come off as bland to me. Anyway, I'll give it one more episode before I decide to keep watching or not.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:48   Link #279
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought the second episode was ok. A lot of information, but not a big deal.

Feels ok enough to keep on watching. Some odd things standing out, but as a whole I'm curious enough to keep going.

The winter season has been pretty weak in general so I'll keep on with it.
Old 2014-01-17, 01:54   Link #280
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Can't do this anymore, this is too dumb in so many levels. Dropped.
Me too... almost at least. Starting the second episode with yet ANOTHER infodump was just too cringe worthy. Like why do I even care what happened in the past, or the classifications of magic, or what happend to the world, when I don't even know basic information about the main quartet?

(Actually that's a lie since I do care about the MC and Kurumi, but that's just my shippy side talking. )

Like I dunno, the director did Gokusen, Pita Ten, and One Outs (the last one being something I thought I wouldn't like but aboslutely loved it). The one doing the series composition did Kamen no Maid Guy, Kampfer, and Ben-tou. All of these were among the best series of the cour they were released in, so these two has talent to make good anime.

But here? It seems like they either aren't trying or don't give a donkey's behind about this project.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote