Ridwan

Just to show how.... umm polyglotic the situation is on the field :

Old 2012-05-09, 11:40   Link #262
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Just to show how.... umm polyglotic the situation is on the field :

now that i think about it, that map looks like a great basis for either a starcraft or civilization campaign.
Old 2012-05-09, 12:16   Link #263
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Well, yes, the Philippines were literally "owned" by the West until what, 70 years ago?

And I never said that China didn't have similar problems, just that to single out China for having "old ways" is stupid.
As if that we wanted it? We were transferred to US's possession after Spain's defeat. And looked at your China before she was like raped and drugged at the same time by Western Powers, humiliated even she was still an empire. Then, again having a claim just because it exist in their old map it is literally stupid i the the modern era.

Look at the latest news, even a Chinese achor said we we're part of their territory now and its a fact?! Well that is just F@CK. Hmmm, hahahaha. They are lunatic so next they'll claim the moon and the sun!!!
Old 2012-05-09, 13:09   Link #264
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
As if that we wanted it? We were transferred to US's possession after Spain's defeat. And looked at your China before she was like raped and drugged at the same time by Western Powers, humiliated even she was still an empire. Then, again having a claim just because it exist in their old map it is literally stupid i the the modern era.

Look at the latest news, even a Chinese achor said we we're part of their territory now and its a fact?! Well that is just F@CK. Hmmm, hahahaha. They are lunatic so next they'll claim the moon and the sun!!!
Well, it's not like I'm disagreeing with you.
Old 2012-05-09, 13:21   Link #265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Sun and Moon would be Babylonian claims.
Old 2012-05-09, 13:25   Link #266
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
*laughing.... It's quite rare for someone to declare such in front of the camera to the whole world. He made himself look like a patriot and an idiot at the same time. I hope that anchor apologizes.
Old 2012-05-09, 16:19   Link #267
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

News headlines in the past few years-now read:
- China invaded Tibet, East Turkistan and Aksai-chin
- China 'claims' Vietnam's Paracel Islands as their territory
- China 'claims' Japan's Senkaku as their own
- China TV 'claims' Philippines as Chinese

Next, they may claim the Sun and the Moon.

They may be damn rich as a country, but they won't earn respect as long as they don't learn it!

And, I must say, the only reason they are rich is because they completely ignore what they are doing to their own environment and people over there; they don't pay them a living wage, and people literally live in shacks, not to mention they continually manipulate their currency to screw over other countries.

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2012-05-09 at 16:36.
Old 2012-05-09, 16:38   Link #268
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
N
- China 'claims' Japan's Senkaku as their own
Senkaku islands were Chinese territory since the 14th century. China lost them to Japan following the Sino-japanese war in the late 1800s. Should have been return to China following WWII.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:00   Link #269
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Basically, a few things said

- Philippines took a decision without consultation by having the Huangyan island to be owned be him (the Philippines) only.
- China claims ownership over the island
- From April 10, the Philippines marine started to annoy/bully Chinese fishships.
- The Philippines used 3 tactics/took 3 actions: One is scream out, second is disturb, and third is changing the name.
- The first thing they did was to put the case in front of the International Marine or whatever it's called (sorry, I suck at Chinese)
- The second they did was, when they thought that it wasn't enough/couldn't be done, they asked the US in assistance.
(skips a lot of sentence do to not being able to understand.)
- Philippines want to separate the financial/commercial matter with the ownership matter.
- Philippines is a country that has inherited from China
- The admiral or whatever naval commander said that Philippines will retire from the Huangyan island, because of the typhoon, in order to not be sent to the coast of Vietnam, and will return immediately after.
- The economists in Philippines said, however, that if it is brought in front of the International naval-whatever it's called, China will obtain gain of cause.
- The bananas exportation will get a major impact because of the dispute over the island, which will lead to bad commercial relationships with China. Philippines currently export 750,000,000 bananas per year, and half of them are to China.

I'll need someone to correct a few mistakes with my understanding though...

The thing about being an inheritant part is, I think, about Philippines having been part of China for a time, and is not really the main subject of the video. I don't think it has much to do with the Philippines belonging to China. Geez...

----------------------

To be honest, if there were really an important conflict, China won't even send soldiers. They'd simply bomb the island to kick out the military occupation, I guess.

Last edited by Athena; 2012-05-09 at 17:42.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:17   Link #270
NeoChan
Banned

- Philippines took a decision without consultation by having the Huangyin island to be owned be him (the Philippines) only.
>>>Hahahaha

- China claims ownership over the island
>>>Hahahaha

- From April 10, the Philippines marine started to annoy/bully Chinese fishships.
>>>They're poucher's!!!

- The Philippines used 3 tactics/took 3 actions: One is scream out, second is disturb, and third is changing the name.
>>>China has three...to bully, to isolated (the problem) and to make a fool of herself!!!

- The first thing they did was to put the case in front of the International Marine.
>>>Because you don't know what diplomacy really meant!!!

- The second they did was, when they thought that it wasn't enough/couldn't be done, they asked the US in assistance.
>>>Got a problem with that. That is what Alliance are for!!! Oh, she doesn't know it either?

----------------------

Quote:
To be honest, if there were really an important conflict, China won't even send soldiers. They'd simply bomb the island to kick out the military occupation, I guess
Just like US against Japan in WW2. China is scared of Filipino patriots who'll kill any chinese soldier that will drop in Philippine soil.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:48   Link #271
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Senkaku islands were Chinese territory since the 14th century. China lost them to Japan following the Sino-japanese war in the late 1800s. Should have been return to China following WWII.
Nah, I'm one to believe that no one had concrete title to those islands until the formal annexation by Japan. Unlike other islands in dispute, I don't recall the islands having ever been an important aspect of fishing (compared to the more famous Dokdo issue).
Old 2012-05-09, 17:49   Link #272
Athena
The Power of One

BTW, found the name of the International Marine thing: "International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea", I suppose.

To be honest, mediation isn't always the best decision, since the induction of a third-party will have to stay neutral. And honestly, there are no un-neutral countries, and it's a huge risk to take fro both parties.
Quote:
Just like US against Japan in WW2. China is scared of Filipino patriots who'll kill any chinese soldier that will drop in Philippine soil.
If I wanted to be mean, I'd say that following that logic, Chinese soldiers will have nothing to fear then.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:57   Link #273
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
If I wanted to be mean, I'd say that following that logic, Chinese soldiers will have nothing to fear then.
We're not scared. Its takes courage to start a fight even when at odds. I'd be honor to die for my country against conquerors. Our ancestor fought Spanish Empire with swords and arrows. They fought the Americans with swords and guns. They fought the entire Japanese Empire with guns with only water.

Do you think in this modern era we will be coward just that PRC has nukes?!

Well proud to say, it took 10 million Chinese, a multi-million dollar worth tons bombs and nukes to kill 100 thousand Filipino soldiers with only guns and artillery that is Vietnam war old already. Modern arms wouldn't scare us.

------------------------------------

Quote:
"Give me 1 million Filipino soldiers and I will conquer the world"- Gen.Douglas McArthur

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-05-09 at 18:09.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:10   Link #274
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
We're not scared. Its takes courage to start a fight even when at odds. I'd be honor to die for my country against conquerors. Our ancestor fought Spanish Empire with swords and arrows. They fought the Americans with swords and guns. They fought the entire Japanese Empire with guns with only water.
Hate to point it out but your honor ancestors lost all those.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:16   Link #275
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Hate to point it out but your honor ancestors lost all those.
Don't you get the point?! We are not scared of anyone!!!

Spanish>>> End in a truce
American>>> Ended in a diplomacy
Japanese>>> We delayed their advanced. And by the way, it's the Americans that surrender, not us!!! Our forefathers continues to fight for freedom through guerilla warfare toward end of the war!!!

Don't you dare insult us!
Old 2012-05-09, 18:27   Link #276
Athena
The Power of One

Hate to point it out, but all three...
Spanish occupation: Ended up because America came
American occupation: Ended up because Japanese came
Japanese occupation: Ended up with WWII

...no victory.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:28   Link #277
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Guys don't be ridiculous.

Look at my location, and then look at where senseless patriotism (supported by a stupid military dictatorship) got us.

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-09, 18:28   Link #278
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Hate to point it out, but all three...
Spanish occupation: Ended up because America came
American occupation: Ended up because Japanese came
Japanese occupation: Ended up with WWII
Read it to the detail.

Spanish Occupation
Ended with a Truce with President Aguinaldo in exchange for money, the same money used to purchase arms to continue our war. The Spanish can't continue holding us then the Spanish American War came because of Cuba.

American Occupation
Through the Treaty of Paris, we were annexed to America without us knowing. Due to certain circumstances, they jailed Aguinaldo. We were forced to fight. Through years of diplomacy, we accept with conditions of giving us independence in the future. Some Filipino continued to resist in the provinces and Mindanao.

Japanese Occupation
America hurried to make us independent to avoid direct conflict with Japan but it was too late. We fought till Bataan and Corregidor fell. A USAFFE general surrendered for the sake of the American and Filipinos worsening condition (lack of food and sickness). Many choose to escape and fight throughout the occupation.

Post WW2

As agreed America released us and became a nation.

So learn your history to the detail. We don't need modern weapons to decide whether we fight or not. We will not hesitate to fight what ever SuperPower they are if our pride is at stake. We will fight a losing battle if its necessary. We will not beg down and plea for mercy from our enemies.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-05-09 at 18:46.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:40   Link #279
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
Guys don't be ridiculous.

Look at my location, and then look at where senseless patriotism (supported by a stupid military dictatorship) got us.

Niker
Talking about the Falklands war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Read it to the detail.
The Philippines' wars history?

EDIT: Oh, OK. I was confused when I only saw the first line.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:45   Link #280
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Yeah. People were all going "OH yes we will kick the crap out of the UK" Everyone was supporting the war, and bla bla bla.

The soldiers came back during the night without them ever being given any recognition by the government.

War isn't pretty, and yet people here seem to do nothing but to beat the war drum... If you ask me, the last thing people need to do is senseless provocation of the opposing side, and settle this amiably at the UN.

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Closed Thread