AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-10-14, 09:02   Link #261
GDB

Only part about Jay I don't like is how he's only been the Flash for two years. Come on guys, this is Jay Garrick, the golden age Flash. At least let him have been Flash for 5-10 years or something. The actor's 13 years older than Barry's actor anyway, so it'd still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Of course the big surprise in the end of episode was the AU Harrison Wells who was never killed by The Reverse Flash.
Don't be so sure. The way they presented him felt a little sinister. I could almost hear the Imperial March music playing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 11:28   Link #262
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'm somewhat annoyed that they made Jay Garrick powerless, given he's the only Flash that is a speedster even when disconnected from the Speedforce.
Outside of that, isn't Zoom's Death Flash suit neat? I certainly like it better than the yellow one
Old 2015-10-15, 00:52   Link #263
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only part about Jay I don't like is how he's only been the Flash for two years. Come on guys, this is Jay Garrick, the golden age Flash. At least let him have been Flash for 5-10 years or something. The actor's 13 years older than Barry's actor anyway, so it'd still work.

Don't be so sure. The way they presented him felt a little sinister. I could almost hear the Imperial March music playing.
I was a bit surprised by the whole being the Flash for only 2 years. The guy looks 10 years older than Barry, I think it's ok to give him a bit more experience than that.

And yeah you could just feel something off with this version of Wells. It would be a real tragedy for the guy if in Barry's world he is murdered by the Reverse Flash and had his identity stolen while in this other world he was just an evil guy from the start . Though I suppose it's possible he was also killed and replaced by the Reverse Flash I could more easily buy that this Wells was just not a good guy from the start.
Old 2015-10-16, 12:47   Link #264
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Talking

OMG!

Right in the feels!

Spoiler for The Geek is strong with this one.:
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 15:13   Link #265
monster

Ok, it looks like the setup for Legends is coming along fine in both shows.

And that ending. I had hoped he would be a good guy this time, but that's just too suspicious of an entrance.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 18:25   Link #266
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Apparently he's a bastard on any Earth
Old 2015-10-21, 19:14   Link #267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Not a bad episode. Probably a lot of setup for Legends to be sure though.

I'm still not sure if the Iris mother coming in has any point to it. But...I will say it did allow for another scene of "see, Iris isn't a jerk anymore." Probably helped that her father was already breaking down so she couldn't be a jerk to him without it making her look horrible, but she didn't lose her cool with her dad. She could see the pain he was dealing with.

Not a bad episode, though kind of shelved the main plot with Zoom for a week.
Old 2015-10-22, 01:02   Link #268
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Female Eddie Thawne is bound to render Baris awkward.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 04:06   Link #269
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Sam Fisher is Captain Cold's dad.
Cold is finally caught/defeated albeit he surrenders himself to Flash after killing his father as revenge for putting a bomb in his sister's head.
And Earth-2 Wells arrives to Earth-1.

Next episode, the new half of FireStorm.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-10-24, 22:16   Link #270
Wandering Soul

I'm guessing this whole sub plot with Iris's mom is supposed to lead into introducing Wally West into the show.
Old 2015-10-26, 19:40   Link #271
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I'm guessing this whole sub plot with Iris's mom is supposed to lead into introducing Wally West into the show.
That's what I'm expecting. Otherwise is unneeded drama and Jesse Martin deserves better writing.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 22:10   Link #272
nqvinh94

Quote:
you mean 3 Flash will against Zoom
nqvinh94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 01:43   Link #273
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I should have said it sooner, but I knew that Earth-2 Wells wouldn't be evil. The ominous vibes were too think and obvious, and clearly a red herring.

So after Wells saves Barry from the shark guy (interesting timing on that attack scene ), the preview shows for the next episode that Wells is here to find the Flash and get his help against Zoom. And Earth-2 Wells seems a lot more gung-ho.....

But seriously Joe, again with keeping secrets? Did we learn nothing from season 1? >.< How many times are these people in the Flash and Arrow going to keep secrets only for them to blow up in their faces before they get a clue?
Old 2015-10-28, 03:32   Link #274
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh. Shark Man was real. lol
I wonder how they gonna imprison the big guy?
And we meet the new Firestorm and Barry knows about Earth-2 Wells.
Old 2015-10-28, 09:25   Link #275
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But seriously Joe, again with keeping secrets? Did we learn nothing from season 1? >.< How many times are these people in the Flash and Arrow going to keep secrets only for them to blow up in their faces before they get a clue?
To be fair, it's not like he KNEW Wells was there. Why get Barry up in arms about a rumor?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 11:03   Link #276
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
To be fair, it's not like he KNEW Wells was there. Why get Barry up in arms about a rumor?
Plus he did have a lot on his plate. I mean it's not unreasonable to want to push back the Wells thing until he's emotionally settled a bit from the whole news of his estranged wife being on death's door.

Also shocking news about her having a secret son . Might as well just say his name is Wally West .

So many episodes though just about setting up Legends of Tomorrow. I know that show needs a bit of help to get off the ground, but we can probably get to the main plots for Arrow and Flash now . New Firestorm was likable enough though.
Old 2015-10-28, 13:51   Link #277
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
It was a lot more than just a rumor. A person who knew Wells very well, a person whose opinion Barry based his theory about Wells not really being Wells on, said she saw him herself. The fact that Joe went into secret-mongering mode just shows he believed her too. If he didn't he wouldn't have bothered trying to hide it.

How many times has keeping secrets to "push back" on news or to protect someone worked in this series? In fact, the whole keeping secrets has just only made the impact worse every time. Between the Flash and Arrow, at this point the good guys keeping things secret from each other is just a cheap plot device used to crank up the drama.
Old 2015-10-28, 15:15   Link #278
Wandering Soul

I wonder where Jay was this entire episode.

Looks like Earth-2 Dr Wells may not be evil after all but the team will most likely still have a hard time trusting him.
Old 2015-10-28, 17:57   Link #279
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
I wonder where Jay was this entire episode.
About that...
Old 2015-10-28, 20:10   Link #280
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that was a pretty great episode. good pacing, good development, and that cliffhanger! i really like jefferson too. i'm totally shipping patty and barry.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel