AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-11, 10:02   Link #261
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This episode took the worst possible direction I feared the show could take. Everything's back to the drawing board, it's still the same stupid "Inaho BTFOs cocky Martians" formula as if nobody was shot in the first place, EXCEPT now Slaine's character is less interesting. What reason do I have to continue this anime on a weekly basis now? Oh yeah, that's right: none. Dropped.

You can watch it to see what Slaine's plans are and if Saazbaum manages to turn them to his advantage. You know Saazbaum's got to do something to put his side in an advantage. He's not going to want to live under Asseylum's rule.
Old 2015-01-11, 10:05   Link #262
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm just starting to watched it but I just want to comment. WTF!!! wind in space? what the hell?
Space wind is familiar term for change caused by different in gravitational pull and influenced caused bu plasmasphere. So yes, there are winds in space.
Old 2015-01-11, 11:11   Link #263
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

As far as I understood, the "wind" refered to the gravity of the asteroids around them.

Also I noticed a small oversight: In episode 12 Inaho called Slaine "bat" in English, while in the new flashback in episode 13 he called him "bat" in Japanese.

I am so awaiting the shocked and angered face of Slaine when he realizes that he failed at killing the person he probably most hated in his life, even though he lied on the ground completely helpless.
Old 2015-01-11, 11:14   Link #264
endarion88

for what we know the princess could be actualy have recovered and slaine is keeping her purposedly in coma so he can have her for himself once the war end, it would not be too strange from a psicho stalker
Old 2015-01-11, 11:25   Link #265
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but it seems Inaho is an Ensign now, which according to wikipedia, is a naval officer rank.
Seems like Inaho has been promoted quite a bit, which is only natural considering he won 1on1 several knight and even count level aldnoah-powered mechas with a mere "practise mech".
Old 2015-01-11, 11:37   Link #266
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Also I noticed a small oversight: In episode 12 Inaho called Slaine "bat" in English, while in the new flashback in episode 13 he called him "bat" in Japanese.
....?

Watch it again because in ep 12 and 13, both were in Japanese. ._.
Old 2015-01-11, 11:40   Link #267
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
....?

Watch it again because in ep 12 and 13, both were in Japanese. ._.
I can clearly remember Inaho calling Slaine "batto" in EP12 TV version. Maybe it was changed in the BD version.

EDIT: Yes, seems they changed it in the BD version. In TV version he said "batto" in BD version it was "komori".
Old 2015-01-11, 11:49   Link #268
Raviel

Quote:
As far as I understood, the "wind" refered to the gravity of the asteroids around them.

I am so awaiting the shocked and angered face of Slaine when he realizes that he failed at killing the person he probably most hated in his life, even though he lied on the ground completely helpless.
Like someone else already said, to be fair to Slaine, I would've also thought Inaho was dead after I just shot him through the eye.
Old 2015-01-11, 12:24   Link #269
XFire
150% done

Wow, Slaine's gone full on villain now, hasn't he? I mean, he was always an antagonist, but he's blatantly evil at this point.
Old 2015-01-11, 12:29   Link #270
Irenesharda

Quote:
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but it seems Inaho is an Ensign now, which according to wikipedia, is a naval officer rank.
Seems like Inaho has been promoted quite a bit, which is only natural considering he won 1on1 several knight and even count level aldnoah-powered mechas with a mere "practise mech".
Well, he was pretty much drafted into the military last season, but he was never really given a rank or anything at the time. Ensign is a pretty low rank though, comparatively, considering all he's done for the UFE. They would have probably lost a long time ago, since he seems to be the only one making any progress.
They could have at least push him up to "Commander" or something, like how Luke Skywalker went from nothing in the rebel army to a commander in the span of two movies. I think the guy deserves it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-11, 12:33   Link #271
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Wow, Slaine's gone full on villain now, hasn't he? I mean, he was always an antagonist, but he's blatantly evil at this point.
I don't know if he went full evil cause I think he has a plan
Old 2015-01-11, 12:39   Link #272
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, he was pretty much drafted into the military last season, but he was never really given a rank or anything at the time. Ensign is a pretty low rank though, comparatively, considering all he's done for the UFE. They would have probably lost a long time ago, since he seems to be the only one making any progress.
They could have at least push him up to "Commander" or something, like how Luke Skywalker went from nothing in the rebel army to a commander in the span of two movies. I think the guy deserves it.
Especially since he's the only one who knows what he's doing. Promoting him to Supreme Generalissimo would save the effort of his making "suggestions".
Old 2015-01-11, 12:41   Link #273
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

Well, UFE is more realistic. Inaho needs to learn the art of commanding a group of people instead of acting solo. He needs to learn to take responsibility for the group and not the individual. He needs to think about the big picture more. Once he does that, then he can get a promotion imo.

Slaine didn't deserve his promotion either. He got one. Just another way that the 2 organizations differ and how the characters are growing.
Old 2015-01-11, 12:45   Link #274
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee85 View Post
I don't know if he went full evil cause I think he has a plan
You know that many evil guys had a plan...just saying...

Who knows exactly what an NTRed man who goes against the believes of the one he supposedly loves and a traitor against his race plans...people like that are capable to do many things..
Old 2015-01-11, 12:54   Link #275
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
You know that many evil guys had a plan...just saying...

Who knows exactly what an NTRed man who goes against the believes of the one he supposedly loves and a traitor against his race plans...people like that are capable to do many things..
I think Slaine is Planning to Slain Saazbaun himself and then bring Asseylum out of her coma. if that Plan Corpse then plan B is to ...

Old 2015-01-11, 12:58   Link #276
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, UFE is more realistic. Inaho needs to learn the art of commanding a group of people instead of acting solo. He needs to learn to take responsibility for the group and not the individual. He needs to think about the big picture more. Once he does that, then he can get a promotion imo.

Slaine didn't deserve his promotion either. He got one. Just another way that the 2 organizations differ and how the characters are growing.
Well, I don't know, Inaho does command the rest of the troops as well, like he organized the whole attack in the end of the last season. He's never tried to be a one man show, it's just that no one else is any good in comparison.

And considering how the UFE is basically less of a military and more of a rebel group at this point, what with most of the continents having been taken over by Vers (all except the areas that Inaho is in, by the way. ), and them losing quite a bit of soldiers and upper-level officers in the fight, I don't see why they couldn't have promoted him a couple of ranks. It would save time, since he doesn't have to just "suggest" his plans to the captain, he can simply give orders.

Once you're on the edge of extinction, I think some allowances can be made.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-11, 13:13   Link #277
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Mind you that even Inaho-fanboys call him a robot too . So, it's not really a matter of liking or hating his character. It is what it is. Here's one example out of many out there:

The fact that Inaho behaving more like a robot than a normal person has been widely accepted both by many Inaho lovers and haters alike (at least those who tried to be as objective as possible and not in denial). Take that as you will.
I felt kinda honored to be quoted and used as an example. lol Yup, I do try my best not to be biased when it comes to characters that I like or fanboy over. Thus, I call it as I see it.

And that kid, as much as I like him, he's a robot and that hasn't changed at all in those 19 months since last season's finale. (Aside from the polite small talk.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Of course, it begs the question of what those debris got there. And what are they, bits of neutron star?
Bit and pieces of the moon. That's most likely what said debris consists of.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2015-01-11, 13:16   Link #278
pampz21
ShipCore

Wow as predicted; this was a major shitt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Dude both Slaine and Inaho are psychopaths; both them are freaking evil; the freaking story of this shitt is that nobody wins until one is annihilated. Slaine already one but the director pulled something from his ass to prolong the freaking series

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2015-01-11, 13:20   Link #279
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Bit and pieces of the moon. That's most likely what said debris consists of.
Which shouldn't be heavy enough to matter.
Old 2015-01-11, 13:29   Link #280
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Dude both Slaine and Inaho are psychopaths; both them are freaking evil; the freaking story of this shitt is that nobody wins until one is annihilated. Slaine already one but the director pulled something from his ass to prolong the freaking series
Slaine didn't win anything though. For all of last season, he was pretty much toyed with, tortured and shat on by Cruhteo, and used by Saaz. It also didn't help when the girl of his dreams was visibly slipping away from him. Long story short, even if he did kill Inaho then and there, I still wouldn't consider it a "win" for him.

At every possible encounter they had, Inaho always managed to outplay him either literally or figuratively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Which shouldn't be heavy enough to matter.
Its an anime dude, no need to stress so much on the logical stuff. If its one thing I know, applying logic to this anime in particular is rage-inducing.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Closed Thread