AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-07-20, 09:38   Link #261
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Still needs Ddraig's power to access that power.
You on so caught up on him using his SG. He like so many others have one and uses it. Is he suppose to not use what he was given? Like someone else mentioned given time I think Ise will use demonic and dragon powers outside of Ddraig. He hasn't been a devil a year and he has become something to honestly respect/fear.
Old 2015-07-20, 11:29   Link #262
Archilla

All I know is that this totally resets Issei, lol. We gotta gauge it again.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 12:05   Link #263
Biohazardous

He is far above what he was.
Old 2015-07-20, 19:20   Link #264
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
All I know is that this totally resets Issei, lol. We gotta gauge it again.
Regarding that, we dont need to gauge it again. we can just keep moving on and gauge the new power. This way, we can also tell how far Issei has grown stronger as well

Last edited by Krudelu; 2015-07-20 at 19:22. Reason: Forgot to quote
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 20:34   Link #265
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krudelu View Post
Regarding that, we dont need to gauge it again. we can just keep moving on and gauge the new power. This way, we can also tell how far Issei has grown stronger as well
Bad choice of words. I obviously don't mean all his feats need to be reexamined. Just Diabolos.
Old 2015-07-20, 22:19   Link #266
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Bad choice of words. I obviously don't mean all his feats need to be reexamined. Just Diabolos.
ah. I just got confused on the "totally resets issei" part. Well, i'll have to read the volume 20 itself if I want to be able to gauge it properly.
Old 2015-07-21, 08:18   Link #267
Biohazardous

We probably will have to wait til the next time he fights to get an idea of his power. Unless we get insight the next time he trains.
Old 2015-07-21, 10:54   Link #268
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
We probably will have to wait til the next time he fights to get an idea of his power. Unless we get insight the next time he trains.
I don't think we need to wait that long. Plus I don't think Diabolos will be out soon again anyway.

We have a decent gauge for his stuff, but it's powerscaling.

Speed wise, not even Vali, who's way stronger than Issei in base and has more experience could touch Riz in the fight leading up to Diabolos. Issei then powers up and even while trying to be slow he goes too fast for Riz to even fathom. Don't forget how fast Issei was in CCQ alone.

Deeps wise, INFINITY BLASTER HITS SO FUCKING HARD. That attack, in one shot, not only cancelled out Riz's full-power demonic attack, but then proceeded to hit him hard enough to completely cripple him, through SGC. Riz's SGC may have seemed like a joke recently, but that thing is strong. Remember that Issei's Infinit-D punch only broke his nose, and even in EJOD Vali had to use magic, not his SG, to finish him off.

That attack hits harder than anything we've seen in the entire series.

Finally, I think Riz's and Issei's reactions to his boost are very telling. The whole "You're cheating." thing has enough weight on it's own, but we need to remember Issei's comments about the Super Devils.

Issei goes from not even being able to hold a candle to Belial in CCQ (and Belial < Riz, get at me), to stomping so hard on Riz he thinks to himself "Wow, how can this scrub be a Super Devil?"

The boost from CCQ -> Diabolos is magnitudes greater than the boost from Triana -> CCQ.

Tldr: Issei's is strong as fuck in Diabolos. He obviously can't maintain it very long, but it'll wreck most people in a 1v1.
Old 2015-07-21, 11:04   Link #269
Biohazardous

I agree Ise -Riz reaction is very telling.
Old 2015-07-21, 11:37   Link #270
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, I also agree.

So on powerscaling, where would we put Diabolos Dragon mode? You guys seed the True Queen was around Island+, so I guess Diabolos Dragon would allow him to destroy even bigger islands or maybe even a planet?

@GDK1: I completely agree with you on your latest post. It's definitely Diehauzer < Rizevim, and Ise in Diabolos Dragon mode beat Rizevim. Diabolos Dragon plus Penetrate, or maybe even without Penetrate, Ise would beat Diehauzer. Do remember that Ise was exhausted when he used Diabolos Dragon on Rizevim here. Fully rested, no doubt he'd win even more easily.
Old 2015-07-21, 11:52   Link #271
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yes, I also agree.

So on powerscaling, where would we put Diabolos Dragon mode? You guys seed the True Queen was around Island+, so I guess Diabolos Dragon would allow him to destroy even bigger islands or maybe even a planet?

@GDK1: I completely agree with you on your latest post. It's definitely Diehauzer < Rizevim, and Ise in Diabolos Dragon mode beat Rizevim. Diabolos Dragon plus Penetrate, or maybe even without Penetrate, Ise would beat Diehauzer. Do remember that Ise was exhausted when he used Diabolos Dragon on Rizevim here. Fully rested, no doubt he'd win even more easily.
Oh I'm confident that Diabolos beats Belial.
Old 2015-07-21, 12:14   Link #272
Biohazardous

Don't forget Ddraig can destroy the world several times over just from brute force. The chant destroyed physical limits and took him way higher. To me this means he used a power greater than Ddraig himself ever had.
Old 2015-07-21, 12:29   Link #273
Archilla

Quote:
Don't forget Ddraig can destroy the world several times over just from brute force. The chant destroyed physical limits and took him way higher. To me this means he used a power greater than Ddraig himself ever had.
To be fair, that's when Ddraig had a physical body. I don't think Issei's a planet buster yet lol, that'd be a tad much.
Old 2015-07-21, 12:36   Link #274
Biohazardous

I would say that would be the minimum power level of his new form. Though I still think it is more. Hell he could have just done a complete proper JD equivalent form to get Ddraig's World buster power.
Old 2015-07-21, 12:46   Link #275
Archilla

Quote:
I would say that would be the minimum power level of his new form. Though I still think it is more. Hell he could have just done a complete proper JD equivalent form to get Ddraig's World buster power.
Ehhhhhhh.... with generous scaling, Issei would go from an Island Buster to High Country/Low Continent.

World Buster is too high, especially with few feats.
Old 2015-07-21, 12:59   Link #276
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Ehhhhhhh.... with generous scaling, Issei would go from an Island Buster to High Country/Low Continent.

World Buster is too high, especially with few feats.
Agreed. He sure as hell is leaps and bounds above CCQ, so a country isn't that farfetched. Though that doesn't say much since countries can vary between tiny (Japan, Portugal) to huge. (China, Russia)
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 18:43   Link #277
Krudelu
???

for now I'm just going to read when it gets translated before I start gauging his Diabolos since I will need evidence through LN quotes
Old 2015-07-21, 19:43   Link #278
Tbolt

Well he will be a cherry buster soon and for Ise that's world moving.
Old 2015-07-21, 19:45   Link #279
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
The publisher and editors would laugh their ass off if they saw your comment.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 19:50   Link #280
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
You sir need to be hired.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote