AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-16, 02:00   Link #261
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kanna, please stop making my heart stop with everything you do. Hnng.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 02:36   Link #262
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kanna, please stop making my heart stop with everything you do. Hnng.
You mean like this?

Ame, ame, ame ... ame, ame, ame.
Old 2017-02-16, 03:00   Link #263
Schpittfeuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
You mean like this?

Ame, ame, ame ... ame, ame, ame.

Hnnnng, too cute
Schpittfeuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 03:13   Link #264
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpittfeuer View Post
The thing is, it started very very cute, with Tohru introduction, then Tohru & Kobayashi moments, then ultra cute Kanna introduction, school, other dragons.. Everything was cute and very funny.

Now yuri and LucoaxShota sexual gags seem forced and out of place. And the next episode is "the fanservice one".. The risk of the anime becoming cheesy and cheap increases
I was trying to be funny with that "yuribait" comment -it was a reference to a controversy about another KyoAni series. If you look at a different post I made earlier, I noted that I found this episode a bit iffy due to some of the scenes involving younger characters.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 03:41   Link #265
EasternOtaku14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I was trying to be funny with that "yuribait" comment -it was a reference to a controversy about another KyoAni series.
Are you referring to Hibike?
EasternOtaku14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 06:26   Link #266
Idealist 99

Hmm , It become more like Digimon with Human receiving a Dragon Partner.

I really wish I could see more Toaru's fight scene and her firing a beam.
Old 2017-02-16, 09:51   Link #267
Blueknight78

it's really like kyoani finally found a "perfect serie" for they "most loved fetiche" yuri which even some shota and yuri loli this serie is really pefect for kyoani.

gonna be good then whe last dragon will appear to complete the team.

my favorite dragon is fafnir he is really a "bro", for me the parts where he appear are really fun, kanna is a walking diabetes with some malice abd that lesbian friend kanna made poor girl, she already thinking in marriage lol.

really the yuri power here is "over 9000".
Old 2017-02-16, 12:49   Link #268
James Rye

Given that Tohru said all humans are like babies to her, does that mean Tohru and Kanna are not only into bestiality (aka not dragons) but also pedos? xD
Old 2017-02-16, 14:13   Link #269
Blueknight78

well i was thinking, based on the short time they started to move, the "magical fantasy" world will be without any dragon" if the dragons keep moving to our world like that, the humans in the other world will start to think which the dragons become extint in they world, whille in the "normal world" we gonna be full of dragons all around.
Old 2017-02-16, 14:15   Link #270
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
The thing is, it started very very cute, with Tohru introduction, then Tohru & Kobayashi moments, then ultra cute Kanna introduction, school, other dragons.. Everything was cute and very funny.

Now yuri and LucoaxShota sexual gags seem forced and out of place. And the next episode is "the fanservice one".. The risk of the anime becoming cheesy and cheap increases
I'll admit to having a similar reaction to this episode.

First, there was Kobayashi-san's reaction to Saikawa's "maid." It suggested that Kobayashi-san is indeed a lesbian, which wasn't especially obvious before. I thought she was simply tolerating Tohru's crush on her, but that Kobayashi herself was heterosexual, bisexual, or most likely rather asexual.

Then we had what appeared to be two rather pedo scenes, the one in Riko's room with Kanna and the Lucoa x Shouta pairing. Kanna is obviously an "adult" dragon in child form, while Riko's crush seemed motivated as much by her enthusiasm at finally having a friend as any sort of sexual connection despite her marriage dreams. Riko's like eight (remember the math class where they are doing simple arithmetic), so giving her sexual longings for Kanna seems pretty implausible.

Lucoa's attempts to seduce, if that's the right term, Shouta were frankly pretty squicky.

This whole episode had a distinctly different tone from the earlier installments and apparently isn't even what constitutes "fanservice" given the title for episode seven. If the series continues down this path, I'm not sure I'm going to stay onboard.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-02-16 at 14:28.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 14:50   Link #271
Schpittfeuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

First, there was Kobayashi-san's reaction to Saikawa's "maid." It suggested that Kobayashi-san is indeed a lesbian, which wasn't especially obvious before. I thought she was simply tolerating Tohru's crush on her, but that Kobayashi herself was heterosexual, bisexual, or most likely rather asexual.

Then we had what appeared to be two rather pedo scenes, the one in Riko's room with Kanna and the Lucoa x Shouta pairing. Kanna is obviously an "adult" dragon in child form, while Riko's crush seemed motivated as much by her enthusiasm at finally having a friend as any sort of sexual connection despite her marriage dreams. Riko's like eight (remember the math class where they are doing simple arithmetic), so giving her sexual longings for Kanna seems pretty implausible.

Lucoa's attempts to seduce, if that's the right term, Shouta were frankly pretty squicky.

This whole episode had a distinctly different tone from the earlier installments and apparently isn't even what constitutes "fanservice" given the title for episode seven. If the series continues down this path, I'm not sure I'm going to stay onboard.

Exactly the same for me
Old 2017-02-16, 15:18   Link #272
Nivek von Beldo

I'm Still waiting for more yuri, seems it will take a while.

LucoaxShota is hilarous.

This not as insane as nichijou but insane, pretty good anime.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 15:36   Link #273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Eh? Kobayashi's maid fetish is well established, but I don't see a reason to think it's sexual. Was it the panting?

Quote:
Then we had what appeared to be two rather pedo scenes, the one in Riko's room with Kanna and the Lucoa x Shouta pairing. Kanna is obviously an "adult" dragon in child form,
We don't know how old she is in terms of years, but she's a child dragon in child form.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 16:07   Link #274
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I didn't see anything unusual with Kobayashi and Georgie's scenes. It's not the first time we've seen Kobayashi go into a crazy maid love mode. It's not as common as when she's drunk, but that's a given. Simply found someone who shares her interest and was having a good time chatting it up. Nothing in that seemed overly sexual or romantic in nature. I'm not sure how anything in the latest episode changed how people would view Kobayashi's sexual orientation.

Seemed like a pretty standard episode all around. Had some silly moments and some serious ones sprinkled in there. A lot of that going to Fafnir and his own views on humanity. And can certainly see where he's coming from. It probably has been easier for him to simply deal with the humans stupid enough to try and take his treasure that he could kill without hesitation. Dealing with humans to figure out if they are decent people or not is more involved. And I suppose from his perspective almost pointless since he'll outlive anyone he meets. Credit to Takiya a pretty good guy that isn't bothered at all by having Fafnir around.

Nothing too different from Kanna and Saikawa in this one. Can kind of get Kanna wanting more than the superficial relationships she has with her classmates. She is accepted and praised, but wants more than that. Honestly that whole scene with her and Saikawa could be about Kanna wanting to open up about what she really is. That might be the kind of thing she envies between Kobayashi and Tohru. There is an understanding there. Curious to see where that friendship goes.
Old 2017-02-16, 16:40   Link #275
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly that whole scene with her and Saikawa could be about Kanna wanting to open up about what she really is.
What was the purpose of the scene where Kanna flopped on the bad and exposed her crotch to Riko embarrassing the young girl? How about the Twister game or the lap-sitting? Were these the only options if the point was to show the two of them becoming closer as friends? Heck, they were playing a racing game. Surely they could have sat side-by-side and competed against each other with separate controllers. That worked for Faf-kun and Takiya whose relationship was never sexualized.

I guess I'd forgotten that Kobayashi has a maid fetish.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 16:51   Link #276
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Given that Tohru said all humans are like babies to her, does that mean Tohru and Kanna are not only into bestiality (aka not dragons) but also pedos? xD
That's a sign of looking way too much into a line.

Tohru's line is meant to reflect how she's centuries old (in response to Kobayashi questioning her age after Riko refers to her as Kanna's mother), and that she's comparing the normal age of human adults to that of baby dragons.
Old 2017-02-16, 17:33   Link #277
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
What was the purpose of the scene where Kanna flopped on the bad and exposed her crotch to Riko embarrassing the young girl? How about the Twister game or the lap-sitting? Were these the only options if the point was to show the two of them becoming closer as friends? Heck, they were playing a racing game. Surely they could have sat side-by-side and competed against each other with separate controllers. That worked for Faf-kun and Takiya whose relationship was never sexualized.

I guess I'd forgotten that Kobayashi has a maid fetish.
Spoiler for Content comaprison to source manga:
Old 2017-02-16, 19:46   Link #278
Schpittfeuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Spoiler for Content comaprison to source manga:
I don't know what manga is like, didn't read it yet. But the anime really got me with the idea, the story, lovable characters.. Episode 6 is absolute opposite, suddenly forced loli Yuri, Shota and Lucoa is no comment stupid, only thing good about it was Fafnir and Takiya relations, Fafnir's reason for staying with humans. That was deep and within the meta that was kept so far.

If manga is so stupidly over ridiculed as well, Time to move on. It simply became stupid
Old 2017-02-16, 20:42   Link #279
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I don't know what manga is like, didn't read it yet. But the anime really got me with the idea, the story, lovable characters.. Episode 6 is absolute opposite, suddenly forced loli Yuri, Shota and Lucoa is no comment stupid, only thing good about it was Fafnir and Takiya relations, Fafnir's reason for staying with humans. That was deep and within the meta that was kept so far.

If manga is so stupidly over ridiculed as well, Time to move on. It simply became stupid
I fail to see how you would equate sexuality with stupidity.
Old 2017-02-16, 21:05   Link #280
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Yeah, they totally changed things up. I mean it's not like previous episodes didn't have things like Tohru getting stripped in a bar with Takiya in there as well. Certainly nothing like Tohru openly wanting to (occasionally actually managing to) clean Kobayashi's undergarments with her saliva...Or that Saikawa hasn't been over the moon about Kanna for the past 3 episodes. So yeah very sudden...

I'm not sure where this is suddenly coming from. There has been elements of sexuality and attraction sprinkled throughout the show. Yeah if those elements bother you I can see why you'd be tempted to leave the show. But they've been there this whole time.

Not sure how characters having sex drives or emotional attachments are somehow stupid. Like with any episode different aspects of the characters took prominence. This one was more about attachments and connections between individuals. Fafnir's was more straight forward in that sense, but it was there throughout.

Tags
comedy, dimension traveling, slice of life