AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-11-11, 12:49   Link #261
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^We got the winner here

Meh, I wanted Sekijou ship
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 07:00   Link #262
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
I think Nariyuki conscious to all heroine as a girl and as love interest, considering how much Nariyuki blushing when he close to every girl. Nariyuki just conscious about Uruka feeling, but she self destruct by saying otherwise, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
and I agree that the most important is not just about the girl but also Nariyuki himself. just like when Fumino knew that Uruka and Ogata had feeling to Nariyuki, and she support both, many people say that they can put Fumino out from the race, but I dont agree because the important is Nariyuki feeling. although Fumino didnt had feeling for Yuiga, it doesnt mean that Yuiga wont have feeling for Fumino.
and the biggest chance is Fumino, Ogata and Uruka, while sensei and senpai had little chance and followed by Sekijou.
also, I dont think Fumino can be said backstab if she fall for Yuiga because neither Ogata or Uruka know that Fumino knew both feeling.
I think there is no one at this point that can be said as Main Heroine.
while my bias is in Fumino, because she is the only one that had a chance to interact more with Yuiga (considering she had student-tutor relationship in academic and master-student relationship in woman heart with Yuiga).
i dont see Fumino even close to the loli senpai, they studies together in prep school and in the bar and she tease (or seduce) him more than the other girls
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 07:37   Link #263
WingedAccelerator

The manga took 1st place in this week's Table of Contents in WSJ.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2017-11-15 at 07:52.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 16:40   Link #264
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If anyone here thinks Fumino will not win, then I envy your naivety. The author has been setting things up for her to win for a long time now and it's showing more and more.

Uruka is too in love with him to win, normally the girl in harems that is the most in love with the MC DOESN'T become the final girl. She is being set up to have that one rejection scene where she gets rejected and smiles while telling him that she understands, but when Nariyuki leaves she'll cry and be comforted by her friends. It will be so incredibly heartbreaking and unpleasant... I can see it now.

Ogata is the "emotionless" girl, they rarely ever win. Her whole character arc is all about gaining social skills and emotions, she doesn't need to become the final girl to complete her arc. She'll end up being the one to help Fumino and Nariyuki get together. Why? Because she'll develop her social skills and insight enough to notice how he feels about Fumino before everyone.

Sensei and Senpai are just side characters and never stood a chance.

Fumino has been set-up to be the winner from the start. She is the one to slowly fall for him, unlike the others that instantly fell because of something he did. It feels a bit more genuine and sweet. She has yet to fully admit her feelings (despite being the most aware of the cast), which leads to her coming to terms with them in a future arc. She's also the only one that is cheering for her friends rather than herself, this selflessness is usually rewarded when it comes from a main character. This will also lead to a scene where Uruka and/or Ogata will tell her that they are alright with her taking Nariyuki. She's also the relationship guru for the group, the irony of her getting to be the final pairing is something the author won't pass up. She's also the pure Yamato Nadeshiko, the perfect image of a japanese woman.

Nariyuki has already shown to react quite strongly to her. An example in recent chapters is that while he stayed with Ogata holding her hand, the fact that they ended up hugging was played for laughs as a joke... but with Fumino is was played as a sweet moment. Another recent event was how he complimented both of them on their yukata, but focused specifically on Fumino. She then made sure to have him hang around with the others, but was the one to stay the night with him in the end... which is a great summary of their past, present and future relationship (she tries to set them up, but ends up dating him in the end). She is also shown to be the one he talks most naturally with when alone. With Uruka he gets nervous and they run out of topics and with Ogata it ends up being a talk about her lack of understanding for emotions, which is either played for laughs or tiring to him. With Fumino, they talk alone quite easily and there's rarely any times it was shown that they reach a slump or misunderstanding (that isn't quickly solved).

That said... I hope I'm wrong. I don't hate any of the girls (unlike in shows like Nisekoi and To-Love-Ru and so on, where I did have some harem members I hated... and some won...) I quite like them all. However, Fumino is far from my favorite girl and seeing Uruka get rejected (trust me, it WILL happen) will break my heart and piss me off. Right now, my ranking is actually Uruka > Asumi > Fumino > Ogata, with Sensei on the side for some mature flavor! So I'd much rather see Uruka and Asumi win than Fumino.

Alas... I don't remember a single harem where the girl I like the most actually wins in the end. This saddens me.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 16:58   Link #265
amasposu

How the fuck did this series get so high in the rankings??
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 19:20   Link #266
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasposu View Post
How the fuck did this series get so high in the rankings??
This series is actually good. I like Nariyuki, I like Fumino, I like Rizu, I like Sensei and I like Kominami
Everyone but Uruka is likeable.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 19:25   Link #267
amasposu

Kominami is the best waifu. Soooooooo cute.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 19:40   Link #268
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
This series is actually good. I like Nariyuki, I like Fumino, I like Rizu, I like Sensei and I like Kominami
Everyone but Uruka is likeable.
Blasphemy! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, likes and dislikes and I respect yours............you blasphemous heathen!
Old 2017-11-15, 20:38   Link #269
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Sekijou's route is the only way.
Old 2017-11-16, 02:53   Link #270
The One Above God
Kamijou

Kominami chapter next.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 04:43   Link #271
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If anyone here thinks Fumino will not win, then I envy your naivety...
It's naivety from your perspective, but from mine, you already took Fumino's win for granted. Not just you, quite a lot of readers actually.
While I understand the reasoning and the logic behind it, we are more than likely not even at half point of the manga. Even if it's not going to be a long series, 2 years of serialization is more than likely, considering that 10-10+ chapters seem to equal a month in the story. So the series could end up 100-120 chapters long. Simply put, I don't believe that chapter 39 sealed the deal already. It only caused sheer overconfidence in the Fumino fandom. If by any chance she is not gonna win, then it's all on them for believing this was a major game changer. The same with the accidental Rizu kiss, that I mentioned earlier, or even the denied Urukua confession. Let's just wait and see how it truly turns out...

P.S.:
Friendly reminder, but a certain Yamato nadeshiko in Nisekoi was winning for like 170 chapters, then out of nowhere, another girl popped in the MC's mind, when thinking about the girl he loves, yet 10 chapters earlier the said girl was nowhere in his thoughts, when he planned on confessing to Yamato nadeshiko.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 04:48   Link #272
Tenzen12

I agree with his. In first place this amount of development as needed for Fumino get into game in first place and it says nothing about her winning in the end. IShe might win nowz but we didn't see how much consequential his chapter will be nor what card will Uruka play from now.
Old 2017-11-16, 09:00   Link #273
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Believe me, I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

PS: Nisekoi was about Chitoge and Raku from the start, no matter what the others did, Chitoge would always get ahead in the end. The only manga I've read so far that threw a curve-ball at me was Ichigo 100%.
Old 2017-11-16, 09:13   Link #274
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That's why Ichigo 100% is an unforgettable classic and Nisekoi is forgettable crap

TWGOK too, I like that ending~

For this, if Fumino wins (almost guaranteed), it will just end up as generic harem romcom
Old 2017-11-16, 09:14   Link #275
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I
Ogata is the "emotionless" girl, they rarely ever win. Her whole character arc is all about gaining social skills and emotions, she doesn't need to become the final girl to complete her arc. She'll end up being the one to help Fumino and Nariyuki get together. Why? Because she'll develop her social skills and insight enough to notice how he feels about Fumino before everyone.

Sensei and Senpai are just side characters and never stood a chance.
You forgot one important thing
Ogata is not emotionless girl as she has blatantly shown emotion like temper and annoyance since the first chapter, Ogata is the Tsundere.
She however try to see everything logically which give a emotionless vibe but she always had emotion.

As you know, the winner of harem anime are often Tsundere even if they were the most annoying character of the show.
Plus, Ogata is also the first girl introduced in the manga and the first girl is often the final girl.
Honestly, I think Tsundere like Ogata are more lovable compare to whiny Tsundere that whines about how her life sucks and its all the protagonist's fault.
Unfortunately the whiny Tsundere get the guy most of the time.
Old 2017-11-16, 10:31   Link #276
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^That's why Ichigo 100% is an unforgettable classic and Nisekoi is forgettable crap

TWGOK too, I like that ending~

For this, if Fumino wins (almost guaranteed), it will just end up as generic harem romcom
I can't believe I forgot TWGOK also got an unexpected end girl. Thanks for reminding me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
You forgot one important thing
Ogata is not emotionless girl as she has blatantly shown emotion like temper and annoyance since the first chapter, Ogata is the Tsundere.
She however try to see everything logically which give a emotionless vibe but she always had emotion.

As you know, the winner of harem anime are often Tsundere even if they were the most annoying character of the show.
Plus, Ogata is also the first girl introduced in the manga and the first girl is often the final girl.
Honestly, I think Tsundere like Ogata are more lovable compare to whiny Tsundere that whines about how her life sucks and its all the protagonist's fault.
Unfortunately the whiny Tsundere get the guy most of the time.
Ogata is not a tsundere. She is a Kuudere.
Old 2017-11-16, 10:55   Link #277
wuhugm
Confused Shark

There are many variations of tsundere, but Ogata is clearly not one.
Because the basic requirement is to be contrary to real feelings.
She currently just not realizing that she likes Yuiga.
The correct term would be Bukiyou.
Old 2017-11-16, 13:20   Link #278
Tenzen12

Yeah Ogata is not tsundere. That said Tsunderes don't have higher chance anyway. If there is type that has higher chanxewim it would be only "suddenly appearing girl and invading mc live" type.

Aldo speaking of unexpected winners you guys forgot Shuffle, competing holly unexpected Trinity.
Old 2017-11-16, 14:10   Link #279
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Didn't include Shuffle! and Mashiro Iro Symphony
Coz both are from eroge and they didn't really have a main heroine

I wanna say Onani Master Kurosawa but it's not really that kind of manga

Yea, "Sudden Girlfriend" almost always win
Like alien, vampire, magician, etc
The girl who "takes MC into different life"
Not applicable to this manga though
Old 2017-11-16, 14:30   Link #280
Tenzen12

Well you can't really adapt VN without picking route which establish main heroine. That apply for Shuffle too. Thing is Shuffle picked pretty unconventional route as usual pick would be dependant ChF or magical fiances,which was my point.

Can't speak for Mashiro, I am sure I watched it but only thing I remember is it was sooooo generic I completely forgot everything...

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba