AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-21, 11:58   Link #261
shadow1296

wow 3 straight pages about fanservice in a trigger anime, wow come on guys don't take this so seriously, this is the team that their first major anime people remember them for is a mecha who's main weapon is a giant phallic symbol and their main heroine is in a bikini 90% of the time she is on screen, then their second most notable anime is a magical girl anime with the skimpiest magical girl outfits imaginable and nudists with glowing nipples. of course they are going to have some wierd fanservicey concept in this it's pretty standard at this point for them
Old 2018-01-21, 12:23   Link #262
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Don't let others ruin it for you. You'd better coming into the show blind .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, this. It's funnier that way.
*returns from watching the first episode.*

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST WATCH???

For the first 15 or so mins, I was just about ready to turn the hectic mess off, and then it got even more ridiculous and I was about ready to shut it off just to protect my brain from short circuiting by asking too many questions.

And then the last 4 or 5 mins came, and some how, it became ever so slightly interesting with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.
I'll give you this...it was definitely unexpected...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 12:38   Link #263
shadow1296

this image says it all when someone brought up star driver here

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=66167253
Old 2018-01-21, 12:49   Link #264
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
this image says it all when someone brought up star driver here

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=66167253
Awww, kawaii! I never thought to put them together until seeing this but the two do make a cute couple.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-01-21, 13:07   Link #265
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Awww, kawaii! I never thought to put them together until seeing this but the two do make a cute couple.
uh according to the sight i initially found it at the translation is:

Tauburn: My little sister
everyone:Wha...What did you just say!?
Old 2018-01-21, 13:09   Link #266
DemonneoPT

Trigger shows normally use fanservice in hilarious and funny ways that totally fits the narrative. Kill la Kill is the perfect example of this. It was random nonsense filled with absurdity which made it so fun to watch. Pure comedy gold with crazy action and over the top stylish artwork. However, this anime is trying to be serious while constantly butt flashing the audience with Master Roshi's camera. For me perma fanservice never goes well if the story you are trying to sell wants to have a deeper meaning and so far, Darling in the Franxx does not look like a comedy at all and clearly wants to have a more dramatic approach. Can't take it seriously if we get sexy shots every 3minutes just because tho. It kinda kills the atmosphere they are aiming to begin with.

I'm only watching this because it had the Trigger name on it but besides 02 and the cool animation, this is being a disappointment so far.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 13:12   Link #267
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Trigger shows normally use fanservice in hilarious and funny ways that totally fits the narrative. Kill la Kill is the perfect example of this. It was random nonsense filled with absurdity which made it so fun to watch. Pure comedy gold with crazy action and over the top stylish artwork. However, this anime is trying to be serious while constantly butt flashing the audience with Master Roshi's camera. For me perma fanservice never goes well if the story you are trying to sell wants to have a deeper meaning and so far, Darling in the Franxx does not look like a comedy at all and clearly wants to have a more dramatic approach. Can't take it seriously if we get sexy shots every 3minutes just because tho. It kinda kills the atmosphere they are aiming to begin with.

I'm only watching this because it had the Trigger name on it but besides 02 and the cool animation, this is being a disappointment so far.
that is probably A-1's doing, if this was their project alone they would probably play up the comedy but since is a joint project A-1 is probably trying to keep it a dramatic nature, you can probably tell whose influencing what with each episode, designs, concepts, and animations trigger, story and most of the characters A-1, 02 is clearly a trigger character
Old 2018-01-21, 13:24   Link #268
Irenesharda

Quote:
uh according to the sight i initially found it at the translation is:

Tauburn: My little sister
everyone:Wha...What did you just say!?
Oh...I was just looking at the picture at face value and I thought he was putting his hand out there for her to take, as if they were an official couple. Well, I guess sister/brother works too.

Though I guess that kind of mistake would feel awkward if it were true. Just as awkward as I think Ichigo and Hiro will feel if they are what I think they are.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-01-21, 14:21   Link #269
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post

In the first place, when it is so embedded into the story, I'm not really sure it is fanservice anymore. More like vulgarity or the sort.
Not necessarily a bad thing, since a laugh a day keeps the doctor away.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 14:30   Link #270
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I've had such an uncontrollable grin while watching these first two episodes.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 15:26   Link #271
Mistyclear

Finally got around to watching the episode, I’ve been way to busy.
Anyway—Just as I thought l, they threw in the cliche girl partnered with another person likes the MC. Hopefully this episode puts an end to it, but probably not. Hopefully they don’t do the also cliche where Ichigo’s partner becomes jealous and becomes a rival/villain entity. Don’t really have an impression of the other characters so far—aside from the noisy boy (666 I believe—terrible number), who is extremely noisy— with a sometimes bizarre model.
I enjoyed this episode less than the first, hopefully it picks up. Looking forward to when Hiro begins partnering up with 02, that’s probably when things will start kicking off.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 17:46   Link #272
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Anyway—Just as I thought l, they threw in the cliche girl partnered with another person likes the MC. Hopefully this episode puts an end to it, but probably not. Hopefully they don’t do the also cliche where Ichigo’s partner becomes jealous and becomes a rival/villain entity. Don’t really have an impression of the other characters so far—aside from the noisy boy (666 I believe—terrible number), who is extremely noisy— with a sometimes bizarre model.
I enjoyed this episode less than the first, hopefully it picks up. Looking forward to when Hiro begins partnering up with 02, that’s probably when things will start kicking off.
I really doubt Goro's the kinda guy to get jealous over that stuff. From all the boys he seems to be the most confident one, doesn't look like he thinks he has to prove anybody anything unlike Hiro or Zonome (the 666 brat).

As for the other characters, doesn't it look like this series will sooner or later be about their "relationships" inside those robots as well like they did it this episode with Ichigo and Hiro and their failed attempt?

Like if you look at this:

https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xy...487364006.webm

Then we see that Ichigo and Goro got the most stable output of them all, hardly wavering and always steady climbing to 100% and above. That probably is the reason why Ichigo said she felt comfortable/that it was nice to become one whereas other girls like Kokoro and Miku complained about the weird or unpleasant feeling they had during connecting. So those two have a good relationship going with neither trying to go ahead of the other, they even seem to rise their power at the same speed. Ichigo is a tick stronger than Goro though, maybe with another partner she could be even stronger which is why she tried so hard to pilot with Hiro?

If you look at Miku and Zonome then you see that they also have a high output but that they fluctuate a lot. Interestingly Miku is a lot more stable than Zonome, but Zonome's out outperforms Miku's at its peak. So Zonome is pretty strong but inconsiderate of his partner who is the 2nd strongest girl after Ichigo yet it seems easy to break the connection between those two given how Zonome's comment about piloting Ichigo broke their handling on the Mecha. So they got strength but no trust for each other which hinders their strength to really come forth giving them insecurity which again fuels their distrust/feel to prove their power no matter what.

And then there is Kokoro and her partner Futoshi who I think are troublesome of their own. Kokoro's power is the weakest of the girls but I feel like that might be Futoshi's fault kinda how Hiro felt it was his fault that he wasn't able to pilot Ichigo. Remember when Futoshi asked if he sucked or was bad and Kokoro told him no, he did just fine? Might have been a lie and she actually feels uncomfortable or similar to Hiro with Ichigo has a problem with Futoshi to "get into it". So while Futoshi performs normal, Kokoro stays low though their goal should be to be at the same steady phase like with Ichigo&Goro. I think Kokoro is dishonest with Futoshi and doesn't want to hurt his feelings so she lies to him in the cockpit but in the changing room we hear she doesn't feel good inside the machine. And Futoshi won't change if Kokoro keeps that charade up like his "we got a great compatibility" line showed. So they have a comforting relationship but it is based on lies.

And then there's the fourth mecha with Ikuno and Mitsuru. Mitsuru is a bit weaker than Zonome in power but unlike him very stable and steadily climbing higher. Ikuno on the other hands struggles hard to keep up with him and falls behind. Those two have a serious businessmen feel going and it might go in their way again. As seen with the girls reactions when they connected Ikuno was in more pain than Miku with her partner but Mitsuru didn't care nor waited for her and kept going with his power output. Their relationship is that of a dominant pilot and a submissive girl acting as the wheel and power machine of the mecha who probably feels constant pain during the whole ride. This might become a problem later on if this goes on for too long and she breaks as in she can't take it any longer. Then no matter how high Mitsuru's power outlet is the robot won't move if Ikuno closes up in fear of the pain she so far endured due the sense of duty she hold towards Papa and the Adults they are supposed to protect. So Mitsuru has the similar problem of Zonome of not trying to listen/look after his partner but unlike Zonome who has plenty of fights with the outspoken Miku thus them being able to find some common ground to act on, Ikuno keeps quiet and endures making this a very one-sided relationship.

I could be wrong but those power diagrams we saw might be what later episodes will be about. It would be interesting to see Oni's and Hiro's power outlet when they pilot together. Those must be probably over the chart.
Old 2018-01-21, 18:12   Link #273
DracoS

So far so good. Very Studio Trigger with the fanservice, but also with the world building, it's clear theres a lot more going off that we havnt been told, but the writers do.

Female lead kinda remind me of the Queen from Dance in the Vampire Bund, through for general setting feel, Neon Genesis Evangelion is the elephant in the room.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 18:31   Link #274
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this show is awesome. given the first two episodes, i'd say i'm enjoying it more than Violet Evergarden. they're super different shows, obviously, but there's something about Franxx that makes it more enjoyable for me. there's a few things i'm hoping for:

1. named characters die
2. Ichigo's jealousy causes some dire situations
3. dickface dies a horrible death because of his ego
4. more 02 scenes

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 18:31   Link #275
kari-no-sugata II

I wonder if the details to this series will be coherent and believable. Well, it's not like they're trying hard for believability so far.

Anyway, there's various little things...

Like, it seems the plantations run off geothermal energy. Are they even on Earth? Could it be Mars?

It seems the "parasites" are generally kept in a nice garden at the top of the plantation. Seems rather luxurious and very different from the rest of the plantation. Is there a particular reason for this luxury garden? If not for the fact that they have to fight, the children would seem to have much nicer living conditions. Is there a particular reason for the separation of the children from the adults? I get the feeling there's no other children in the rest of the plantation. So do adults not generally have children any more? One thought that occurred to me is that perhaps all the adults are actually immortal or really long lived, in which case there's little need for children.

It would be interesting to know more about 02's partner in ep1. It seems he's not the first casualty for 02. Yet, it seemed he piloted anyway, and was allowed to pilot. Did he feel like Hiro - that there was no other choice for him? Did he survive?

What really happens to children who turn out to be useless? Are they disposed of, or it that a false impression given to them to make them work harder? Are all the children about the same age? Are there younger children around? Older parasites? How was plantation 13 supposed to survive until now if just one attack could wipe it out?

Why can't adults be parasites? Are they not able to trust others for example or is it something genetic that the children have (or something the adults lose when they become adults)?

Although there's a lot of talk about sexualisation, the everyday clothing the children wear is actually quite tame. I don't get the sense that sexual attraction is necessary. If anything, too much emotion might be dangerous. Certainly the children seem fairly ignorant about such things and the various things they say that could be taken sexually are almost certainly innocent from their perspective.

I don't particularly care but I wonder if there is a technical justification for the skin tight pilot suits and the suggestive positioning. Why have controls hanging off the girls' asses? It's rather illogical. I guess it does relate to how the piloting works - the male connects to the female who has the main control interface literally on her back. I guess the physical closeness is necessary somehow. It's also interesting how all the robots have a female form and that when they're being piloted and we get the intra-robot video-chat, the girls are shown as the robot's face. So the impression is that the girl "becomes" the robot and the boy pilots the girl/robot.

PS Lots of fan art already:
https://www.pixiv.net/search.php?s_m...82%AD%E3%82%B9
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 18:43   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

About children being disposed of if they aren't useful, Naomi being rescued and sent to a hospital seems to indicate that's not true. Why bother rescuing her otherwise? They could have easily claimed she died in the attack, which is why I actually expected.
Old 2018-01-21, 18:44   Link #277
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
i seriously doubt that is going to happen, because i don't think goro has romantic feelings for ichigo at all and probably already knows her feelings for hiro, i mean he was stone face when ichigo was confronting 02 about choosing hiro and only reacted to is when 02 licked ichigo and then patted her on the head basically saying "you lost this time" heck even when hiro apologizes for taking her as his partner goro was completely cool with it like he knew that day was coming, if anything i don't think ichigo and goro's relationship is that of lovers or will ever get to that point like the other pilots, there relationship (which is going to sound weird given how they have to in a certain position when piloting franxx's) is a familial one like he is an older brother helping his younger sister
Old 2018-01-21, 18:49   Link #278
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About children being disposed of if they aren't useful, Naomi being rescued and sent to a hospital seems to indicate that's not true. Why bother rescuing her otherwise? They could have easily claimed she died in the attack, which is why I actually expected.
Agreed. When they mentioned that, I got awfully convinced she's already dead, and that was simply said to ease the kids' hearts.
They're just tools for those foolish adults, no doubt about it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 18:52   Link #279
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
i agree which peoples are taking into too much the "disposed", as being "sacrifice" it could means which they are just send back to the "poor area" where "normal peoples" had to live enduring "hardship" in live with hard work and all the crap which the girl clear don't wanted to go back.
Quote:
i seriously doubt that is going to happen, because i don't think goro has romantic feelings for ichigo at all and probably already knows her feelings for hiro, i mean he was stone face when ichigo was confronting 02 about choosing hiro and only reacted to is when 02 licked ichigo and then patted her on the head basically saying "you lost this time" heck even when hiro apologizes for taking her as his partner goro was completely cool with it like he knew that day was coming, if anything i don't think ichigo and goro's relationship is that of lovers or will ever get to that point like the other pilots, there relationship (which is going to sound weird given how they have to in a certain position when piloting franxx's) is a familial one like he is an older brother helping his younger sister
well it's pretty common the "nice other guy" have a crush over the girl" but he is "too nice" and accept being the "loser" and not making any move on, because no matter how he could like her he still support the mc and the girl even if it means pass throught his own feelings, this is a pretty common cliche specially in harem.
Old 2018-01-21, 18:54   Link #280
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Agreed. When they mentioned that, I got awfully convinced she's already dead, and that was simply said to ease the kids' hearts.
They're just tools for those foolish adults, no doubt about it.
You misunderstood my post. Naomi is alive since Ichigo apparently visited her.