AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-25, 11:04   Link #261
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Since it was so obvious they'd never find the gold this season, I hoped we'd see another. I don't read the manga, so I don't know if they've found the gold in the original, but I doubt it.

I don't doubt the person who posted that claim, but it would have been nice to see a link to the original source. But it's confirmed at ANN: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ctober/.133374
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 13:10   Link #262
Nivek von Beldo

I knew we going to get a second season, was never a question of if but more of When and was faster that expected, hope we can saw more the adventures of Sugimoto,Asirpa and all looking for the Ainu Gold.

This chapter...was so funny and different, only this series can make this chapter work so well, yeah that strange Oracle and the whlole thing the future...seems she knew the whole thing with Asipira Father/No Face.

Well Seems Hijikata got an unlikely ally now.

So Tsurumi and the 7th division are hunting someone...

Let's way till October guys, what an amazing anime so far
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 13:52   Link #263
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I do think it was a split cour so I'm not that surprised, and yes, there's no way they can go through 24 prisoners in 12 episodes
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 13:56   Link #264
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Seems we're getting a second season this Fall.

http://moetron.net/post/175231922505...-have-a-second
That's great news. This show definitely deserves one
Old 2018-06-25, 14:26   Link #265
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Your face
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 15:06   Link #266
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I do think it was a split cour so I'm not that surprised, and yes, there's no way they can go through 24 prisoners in 12 episodes
I was thinking was just advertisment but the popularity boosted the second cour, still if was just planned at least we will get a long story now
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 15:19   Link #267
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 13:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 16:57   Link #268
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
This one's my favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Wait, wat?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 18:27   Link #269
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice series but it's a shame the last two episodes felt a bit like filler. Well, at least we had a 2 minute cameo of Hijikata. I wonder if we might see a season 2 episode that shows well Sugimoto's past considering it's still quite enigmatic.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 19:01   Link #270
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Those are some really nice fanart, EroKing.

Now that this show and a lot of others are over, I can say with full confidence Asirpa was best girl of the season. And it was in a season with tough competition (the Hinamatsuri girls alone were quite the rivals). She's cute, funny, quirky, tough, and smart, what's not to like?

Sugimoto was also a strong MC. He's as tough as you can expect from the way he looks, but he's also kind and can be pretty silly.

The supporting cast and the antagonists were all great too. I think the only characters I outright disliked were the twins, because they weren't interesting or entertaining in any way.

The show itself is in my top 3 of the season, the other two being Hinamatsuri and Megalo Box.

As for the episode itself, it was mostly about introducing Inkarmat. Not sure which role she's going to play, but no doubt it'll be an important one. Her fortune telling seems to be the real deal, I thought she was in cahoots with the yakuza at first. Quite a mysterious woman, in any case.
Old 2018-06-25, 19:06   Link #271
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Hell, I don't think they went through twelve prisoners in twelve episodes this season. I'm too lazy to count though
Old 2018-06-25, 19:34   Link #272
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was kinda close. Sugimoto mentioned having five tattoos in this ep (the guy who told him about the gold, the second prisoner that was killed by Ogata, Shiraishi, the hunter, and Henmi). Tsurumi has one. Hijikata's group has Hijikata himself, Ushiyama, and now Ienaga. That's nine, unless I forgot someone.
Old 2018-06-25, 20:45   Link #273
Toukairin
Banned

Did you that there is a Golden Kamuy Collaboration Café where you can taste dishes inspired by what you can find in the series? Watch this.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 21:04   Link #274
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was kinda close. Sugimoto mentioned having five tattoos in this ep (the guy who told him about the gold, the second prisoner that was killed by Ogata, Shiraishi, the hunter, and Henmi). Tsurumi has one. Hijikata's group has Hijikata himself, Ushiyama, and now Ienaga. That's nine, unless I forgot someone.
That sounds right without going back over the episodes. I'll do that in a few weeks from now.

So where did the winnings go from the one ticket on #3 that Asirpa had? From the looks of things, most everyone bet on #6 even though it was the favorite because it was the yakuza boss's horse. A bet on #3 to win should have paid well. Did they run away before collecting?

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote about this show above, Kanon. I'm glad it's getting a second season in the fall so it will be fairly fresh in peoples' minds when it comes time to vote on the Choice Awards. Both the OP and the ED from this season will be among my nominees.

From EroKing's wonderful collection of images, my favorite has to be

Looks like they're on their way to an Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters game.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-06-25 at 21:22.
Old 2018-06-25, 21:05   Link #275
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it good that this didnt seem rushed at all but seeing how many faces Asirpa can make some of the best with food

8/10 Sweet another season
Old 2018-06-26, 01:49   Link #276
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 11:06   Link #277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So where did the winnings go from the one ticket on #3 that Asirpa had? From the looks of things, most everyone bet on #6 even though it was the favorite because it was the yakuza boss's horse. A bet on #3 to win should have paid well. Did they run away before collecting?
My assumption was that Inkarmat only bet enough on number 3 so that they would end up with the initial sum Shiraishi bet. Maybe this is explained in the manga.
Old 2018-06-26, 11:26   Link #278
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
remember that we were promised that in the BD they would improve the quality of the series.

but anyway, the anime is so much fun that I find it much better than other series that only depend on quality in production to sell.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 13:14   Link #279
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Hell, I don't think they went through twelve prisoners in twelve episodes this season. I'm too lazy to count though
I thought that if it was only 12 episodes then somebody else must've already gotten around half of the other skins to make getting everything together easier but that was too convenient for the plot, and from what I know the manga was highly rated so a rushed adaptation won't be any good.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 19:55   Link #280
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
remember that we were promised that in the BD they would improve the quality of the series.

but anyway, the anime is so much fun that I find it much better than other series that only depend on quality in production to sell.
Yeah, I saw that excuse during Qualidea Code too.
"I suck now, but if you pay, you get to watch the same content at higher quality later" is not the best appeal you can make. (You as in the staff, to be clear)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, ainu, citatap, cooking, glorious bear cgi, historical, hokkaido tourism