AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-21, 18:00   Link #261
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Dan JD is more mature. Mature people tend to care less about how other people see them.

"Acting cool" is very high school. Iceman is a hothead who "acts" cool.
He reminds me of those "cool" pretty rich boys in comedy love stories that try to be cool and all but looks lame after they lose their temper when he's ignored by the female protaganist or after the protaganist own's him by having a harem. You know which type of talking about. Because Iceman reminds me of those lame characters.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 18:39   Link #262
Hope

@ BetoJR & Keichi_chan

I kinda disagree, Maturity is when you show restraint at the right time, not go around acting like a regular hothead all the time. Atleast, Iceman doesn't go screaming his dislike of streetbasket ball all the freakin time like Dan. I mean, come on guys, he even has this really lame ' DESTROY' persona created to release his stress/hatred. It's definitely weird but I find it less annoyin than Dan's almost constant whining. In any case, they both probably have a lot of growing up to do by the end of the series.

That said, 'DESTROYYY' being lame is lame, but for some reason I cant help but like his chara. I'm liking this series so far, the amazing sights, likable charaters, ridiculous but descent plotline ( kinda oxymoronish, but hard not to be with bigfoot basketball & Moon singers & whatnot).

I'm also loving the strange dynamic between sela & Iceman. It's my favourite parts of the show, aside from the mindblowing sights. I know it's way too early but I'm waving my sela X Iceman flag already. ( I think my affinity towards them is also due to their resemblance to Sheryl X Alto * wink*)

Last edited by Hope; 2009-04-21 at 19:33.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:05   Link #263
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Besides Iceman has to have some fault or he would overshadow Dan. This is his one fault that we know of. Whereas, we know Dan is loaded with faults and being led by the nose by Miyuki.
Old 2009-04-21, 21:26   Link #264
ZODDGUTS

Dan is still a kid though so of course he's still immature. Anyways hope that he'll start practicing soon, since now he'll be getting a sponsor this will be he's chance to make money to get he's sister to the moon to fix her legs.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:34   Link #265
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Dan is still a kid though so of course he's still immature. Anyways hope that he'll start practicing soon, since now he'll be getting a sponsor this will be he's chance to make money to get he's sister to the moon to fix her legs.
Ah, but in this situation he is suppose to be more mature since he is the caretaker of Coco, his crippled sister. So we can now add irresponsible to his list of faults. Iceman had to have a big fault to overshadow Dan (our hero), hence we get "DESSSSTROOOY!!!!!!" as a counterbalance.
Old 2009-04-21, 21:34   Link #266
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The three are composed of brat, slut, and nut. It's futile to argue over who's mature among those.

And yes, I picked those words for rhyming, dun wanna hear no dissin' about it, yo.

Last edited by aohige; 2009-04-22 at 04:39. Reason: spelling
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 21:38   Link #267
orion

So then who's the one with the butterfly? The Princess (Flora)? Her hair bow does look like it's alive.
Old 2009-04-22, 00:42   Link #268
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
Dan is acting like your prototypical shonen protag. It's not really called "mature".
It would've taken a shonen protag at least 5-10 episodes before they learned to start "fighting for others" the way Dan is for Coco from the first episode on.

Dan has been a bit more calm and level headed when he needs to be.
He's also shown maturity by not hating the BigFoots themselves for crushing Coco's legs.
He's intrepid and impulsive, but he does have some sense of responsibility.

But yeah, all three of the leads so far have shown nearly equal immaturity.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 02:18   Link #269
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
It would've taken a shonen protag at least 5-10 episodes before they learned to start "fighting for others" the way Dan is for Coco from the first episode on.

Dan has been a bit more calm and level headed when he needs to be.
He's also shown maturity by not hating the BigFoots themselves for crushing Coco's legs.
He's intrepid and impulsive, but he does have some sense of responsibility.

But yeah, all three of the leads so far have shown nearly equal immaturity.
the only one that have shown a lot of maturity are Miyuki and the two other friends.
Even Coco beat those three in the maturity department
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 03:40   Link #270
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I know it's way too early but I'm waving my sela X Iceman flag already. ( I think my affinity towards them is also due to their resemblance to Sheryl X Alto * wink*)
Please do not start disparaging comparisons so early on. Specially towards our Galactic Fairy, 'mkay?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 04:28   Link #271
brocko

I see where this is heading already. Iceman, Sela and Dan are sooo gonna be making a team
And here's to more Sela-gasmic moments too! XD

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2009-04-22 at 04:40.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 04:48   Link #272
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Please do not start disparaging comparisons so early on. Specially towards our Galactic Fairy, 'mkay?
Sry, when I said resemblance, I meant their appearance, not their personality of course. I just miss altoX sheryl so much. Alto voices Iceman, Sela sort of looks like Sheryl. Can you really blame me? I'm just shipping them for superficial reasons for now, not serious abt it or anythin.

I didn't mean to desecrate the Galactic Fairy's memory or anything. XD I love Sheryl Nome!!! She's way up there for me; the highest level of awesome ever. Haven't come across a single character that's as fantastically awesome as her yet.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 07:33   Link #273
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Sry, when I said resemblance, I meant their appearance, not their personality of course. I just miss altoX sheryl so much. Alto voices Iceman, Sela sort of looks like Sheryl. Can you really blame me? I'm just shipping them for superficial reasons for now, not serious abt it or anythin.
Then you should ship Iceman and that annoying pet Dan has got, Spanky. It's voiced by the same VA as Sheryl.

Quote:
I didn't mean to desecrate the Galactic Fairy's memory or anything. XD I love Sheryl Nome!!! She's way up there for me; the highest level of awesome ever. Haven't come across a single character that's as fantastically awesome as her yet.
Now, that's more like it.
I kid, but I completely agree with you. Still looking for another one as cool as her.

Old 2009-04-22, 08:21   Link #274
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Then you should ship Iceman and that annoying pet Dan has got, Spanky. It's voiced by the same VA as Sheryl.

yikes, from sharyl to the pet,
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 08:58   Link #275
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It shows Ms. Endo's versatility...

Old 2009-04-22, 17:15   Link #276
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
SELA FTW!!!

I loved those Sela-gasms, and I lol'd at her sperm request. Definitely my favorite character so far.
Old 2009-04-23, 03:25   Link #277
brocko

I seriously raised an eyebrow or two at that scene there. My ongoing thoughts at the moment of impression: "wait... what...? did she just say... what i think she just said? o.O"

Also forgot to mention this in my previous post, but iceman has gotta be homo for turning down such an offer

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-04-23, 05:38   Link #278
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
IAlso forgot to mention this in my previous post, but iceman has gotta be homo for turning down such an offer

No that's called being mature and smart. One doesn't have sex or give up his sperm just because someone asks him. How do you know that Sela won't turn into an Alex Forrest (Fatal Attraction)?
Old 2009-04-23, 06:29   Link #279
brocko

Point taken. But if it means that she becomes mai waifu, then sure why not? lol

I'm also gonna wager a guess that this new manager of Dan's is actually a Nike corporate in disguise lol =P

Old 2009-04-23, 13:05   Link #280
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Also forgot to mention this in my previous post, but iceman has gotta be homo for turning down such an offer
May I highly recommend the Twilight Zone episode "The Glove" as a counterpoint for why accepting such a suggestion might be a bad idea?

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen