AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Extra Episode (Kyou Chapter) Rating
Perfect 10 67 33.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 16.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 22.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 16.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 6.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.51%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.51%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-15, 15:45   Link #261
ethereal_sol
Everywhere and Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
they could have added this scene:

Oo That picture...is awesome.
Old 2009-10-15, 19:10   Link #262
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It's from the Avvie and Sig request thread lols.
Old 2009-10-15, 21:13   Link #263
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh my fucking God. Where the hell did you get that?!?!
Seconded. And badly want source image.

*goes to said thread*
Old 2009-10-15, 22:16   Link #264
coderlan
Student

I don't know what is the source behind in ava and sig thread...sorry.

the poster says in that thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
including one for a "kyou after" ending
Old 2009-10-16, 21:28   Link #265
gaffer7

Oh wow, I love that sig, complete dream scene of mine for Clannad possibilities! Ty ty heaps, I want a large scale version!

Last edited by gaffer7; 2009-10-18 at 21:58.
Old 2009-10-18, 03:22   Link #266
Aqua Knight

I understand that sig was made with a background and two renders, but leaving Ushio render alone, where did you get older T x Kyou render?
Old 2009-10-18, 13:46   Link #267
ginytah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
I understand that sig was made with a background and two renders, but leaving Ushio render alone, where did you get older T x Kyou render?
not a render but a fanart, the whole thing is a very well done fanart.
Old 2009-10-28, 12:54   Link #268
coderlan
Student

^ Just as I thought...It would be impossible for me to think that's a fanart because I have no skills lol...
Old 2009-10-31, 15:18   Link #269
Arina-desu
Alena-chan :)

Why did that ep. have to be so short? If it was longer they could have made it better. But i still liked it a long, especially since it was about one of my favorite Clannad characters <3
7.5/10
Old 2009-11-01, 02:22   Link #270
xKeen

Yeah,the episode is short.It would be better if they used around two to three episodes for this..I don't know,but I think the tomoyo extra is better,made me coughcrycough more than kyou's arc.Don't flame me
Old 2009-11-01, 03:25   Link #271
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Yeah,the episode is short.It would be better if they used around two to three episodes for this..I don't know,but I think the tomoyo extra is better,made me coughcrycough more than kyou's arc.Don't flame me
To be frank, I agree with you (dodges angry barrage), tomoyo's one seemed more complete, more touching, and put together better, although in fairness, there's less in it to squeeze into one short episode, and there was more drive to make it well since AS was coming up. However, in the VN, kyou's arc > tomoyo's arc, 'nuff said from me, even if others will argue.
Old 2009-11-01, 03:47   Link #272
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol.

Kyou's arc needed to be stretched in the time of Tomoya's decision. Just to agonise it that much longer, would've made it better.
Old 2009-11-01, 03:51   Link #273
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
lol.

Kyou's arc needed to be stretched in the time of Tomoya's decision. Just to agonise it that much longer, would've made it better.
Yeah, because that's one of the essential parts of the drama; the agony he feels in making his decisions and the pain he, Kyou and Ryou feel is what made the ending so wonderful. If you cut that out, the ending feels sweet but hollow
Old 2009-11-01, 06:23   Link #274
xKeen

I see most of the people have played Clannad,should I play even after finishing both seasons?
Nothing in this anime sucked,putting clannad in First place from all the anime's I've watched so far.

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-01, 06:59   Link #275
gaffer7

Quote:
I see most of the people have played Clannad,should I play even after finishing both seasons?
Nothing in this anime sucked,putting clannad in First place from all the anime's I've watched so far.
Glad you liked it so much I think the anime did a very good job for the most part in adapting the game; the after story was especially well done, but the school life section is without a doubt better in the game, as each arc concludes nicely in the game whereas in the anime things were a little disjointed. Furthermore, with the possible exception of Fuuko's (maybe also parts of Tomoyo's) arcs, each one was done better in the game than in the anime; also, you get kiss scenes for all the important characters From my point of view, a neccessity to play through, more people must see VN Kyou arc
Old 2009-11-01, 07:09   Link #276
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffer7 View Post
Glad you liked it so much I think the anime did a very good job for the most part in adapting the game; the after story was especially well done, but the school life section is without a doubt better in the game, as each arc concludes nicely in the game whereas in the anime things were a little disjointed. Furthermore, with the possible exception of Fuuko's (maybe also parts of Tomoyo's) arcs, each one was done better in the game than in the anime; also, you get kiss scenes for all the important characters From my point of view, a neccessity to play through, more people must see VN Kyou arc
Thanks for the reply,do I need to follow the walkthrough or just play it?

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-01, 07:24   Link #277
gaffer7

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,do I need to follow the walkthrough or just play it?
I suggest a walkthrough to make things easier, otherwise you could miss some things that'll be important in After Story, like I did , and the order that you play the arcs in is important to some degree (eg Misae's MUST be done just before Tomoyo's, or else you won't collect a light). However, it can be fun playing the game through without one, I played it through the first time without one and got Kyou's good end, even though I was aiming for Tomoyo's at the time, and found that I really enjoyed it! Depends on whether you can stand bad endings though; when I got one of those, I immediately followed the walkthrough from then on, depressed me so much .
Old 2009-11-01, 07:53   Link #278
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffer7 View Post
I suggest a walkthrough to make things easier, otherwise you could miss some things that'll be important in After Story, like I did , and the order that you play the arcs in is important to some degree (eg Misae's MUST be done just before Tomoyo's, or else you won't collect a light). However, it can be fun playing the game through without one, I played it through the first time without one and got Kyou's good end, even though I was aiming for Tomoyo's at the time, and found that I really enjoyed it! Depends on whether you can stand bad endings though; when I got one of those, I immediately followed the walkthrough from then on, depressed me so much .
Huh,cool...I want endings which makes me sob.Are those bad endings?

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-01, 22:04   Link #279
gaffer7

Quote:
Huh,cool...I want endings which makes me sob.Are those bad endings?
Well, they're rather just depressing; I got Kyou and Misae's bad endings and in them Tomoya winds up sad, alone, and without hope for the future I enjoy a sad ending too if it's done well, but this sort of fail-at-life ending I can do without, lol.
Old 2010-01-15, 23:48   Link #280
kitten320

Suprisingly this couple had worked out really well... I enjoyed this OVA

Tomoya, you are a perv! Now you have Nagisa, Tomoyo, Kyou, Ryou... Kotomi also isn't far behind

Last edited by kitten320; 2010-01-16 at 09:32.
Closed Thread