AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 09:19   Link #261
Mirtual

Since Sasuke can't be beaten due to his role in the manga by anyone except for maybe Naruto in an emo brotherhood-friendship fight, I hope this fight will be used for some interesting story developement.
A lot of potential is here, like showing Sasuke going blind too, etc. ...

It think it is also pretty clear that the fight will end in kind of a draw. Some way or another, this will be interrrupted by Naruto, various Kages, Madara or something else.

I am looking forward to finally see some real action again.
I hope it won't be a throw some jutus around no brainer, but instead imply some tactics.

Last edited by Mirtual; 2009-08-23 at 09:20. Reason: Typos.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 09:22   Link #262
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

I think at this point the differences in 'speed' are too marginal to be any way significant. For example Naruto, Sasuke, the killerbee guy and others they all have speed boosters (chakra monsters, chakra boosts or even hax methods like bunshins to get away with these issues). More important is ninjutsu skills and as we get more towards the end..doujoutsu skills or super hidden moves (like Naruto's sage mode or possibly some new hax mangekyo move from Sasuke or god knows what Raikage must have to fight someone like Sasuke). I guess we might see the genjutsu come into play against the raikage or we might see Sasuke's ultimate jutsu (the one using the right and left eye at once - the equivalent to susanoo. He might have something much more explosive, since Susanoo is more like a defensive skill (which kinda suits Itachi's persona as a counter attacking guy with genjutsu skills) which protects the user from anything and then harms the target. On the other hand Sasuke is more direct into his assault so i think his ultimate jutsu will be something like a nuclear bomb ala Deidara.

Btw james...it's not an obscure manga..sighs..he is the greatest (certainly one of the most powerful) anime superhero ever. (ref to Chojinlocke)
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 12:13   Link #263
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Killer Bee is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, character on the show up to this point but there is nothing that makes him unpredictable to the Sharingan, he was just amazingly fast. Speed which by itself wasn't enough to bypass Sasuke's prediction ability and speed by the way, which is why Sasuke could dodge him in tailed mode and block with his sword most of KillerBee's attacks even before he activated his Sharingan.
Sasuke almost died twice for the same reason : he assumed his attacks couldn't be blocked which let him open for a counter attack. The first time when he thought his Chidori katana couldn't be stopped... Until Killer Bee used the same kind of attack to do precisely just that and the 2nd when he thought his MS Genjutsu couldn't possibly be broken... Before the Hachibi did it for his host.

He was too confident into his own abilities and he almost got himself killed for that...
Haha, This sounds like a bunch of excuses for Saskue's butt whoopin by Bee. Saskue and his team just got murdered, Bee put on a clinic on how to whoop Uchiha butt.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-23 at 12:56.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 12:52   Link #264
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Haha, This sounds like a bunch of excuses for Saskue's butt whoopin by Bee. Sasuke and his team just got murdered, Bee put on a clinic on how to whoop Uchiha butt.
LOL, that was funny! I also realised that estimations of Sasuke's power post-Itachi went from "Kage-level" down to "elite jonin" status . I guess enduring Killerbee's cheesy rhymes did work out to a good end after all
Old 2009-08-23, 12:54   Link #265
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Haha, This sounds like a bunch of excuses for Saskue's butt whoopin by Bee. Saskue and his team just got murdered, Bee put on a clynic on how to whoop Uchiha butt.
You failed to notice that he barely escaped
Sasuke almost killed him and he was lucky that Sasuke didn't notice he was hiding in a cut down tentacle.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 13:41   Link #266
Phenomenal
Banned

^Madara: "In other words...you [Sasuke] failed."

ahahaaahaha

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-23 at 13:56.
Old 2009-08-23, 13:45   Link #267
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You failed to notice that he barely escaped
Sasuke almost killed him and he was lucky that Sasuke didn't notice he was hiding in a cut down tentacle.
I don't believe that. Killerbee was already murdering Sasuke's team before he used all 8 tails. Had he really gone all out and used the 8 tails, Killerbee would've won. He didn't barely escape. Killerbee escaped on purpose so he could run away from the Cloud Village without anyone suspecting his desertion. Everyone would think he died.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 13:54   Link #268
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Well if sasuke had been serious about killing him i have no doubt amaterasu would have killed him
Old 2009-08-23, 13:56   Link #269
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Actually Sasuke failed to capture him because he fled with a replacement technique and his ass between his legs burning. Unless we read a different manga that is..

It would be a very different story if he wanted to kill him.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 15:49   Link #270
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Well if sasuke had been serious about killing him i have no doubt amaterasu would have killed him
Yes, this.
Old 2009-08-23, 17:02   Link #271
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
^Madara: "In other words...you [Sasuke] failed."
And that's the end of that chapter. Really I expect a whole lot from the Cloud Kage, Sasuke should catch a another beat down IMO.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 17:25   Link #272
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
? Why are we saying that Sasuke could have killed Killer Bee if he wanted to ? Wasn't Suigetsu saying that the team had to aim to kill in order to be able to capture 8-Tail?

It means they were quite serious from the start. I'm not sure why anyone would think team Hawk wasn't giving 100%. Sasuke tried everything: Taijutsu, Genjutsu. Finally, he resorted to the most powerful ninjutsu: Amaterasu.

He knew of the backlash, he was holding it back.

And I'm not sure how you can say that Amaterasu was not meant to kill him. (This provided much lols) People, do you not remember Sasuke found out how to switch off the black fire AFTER Kirabi was already burning to death? (And Karin, might I add.) He also found out about how to extinguish the flames AFTER he cut the tentacle off, Kirabi thus making his escape.

What would have happened if Kirabi was really unable to have escaped on his own? He would have died. Those are the flames that never rest. He set up the whole thing, his Bijuu even admitted he didn't need it for this fight. Come on, everyone, spontaneously admit it: Sasuke was overwhelmed with sheer awesomeness.

The chapter for Kirabi's fight and Sasuke's was one of my favorites. The whole despair of the situation, with Suigetsu Karin and Juugo all worned out. They were about to be obliterated. Sasuke wasn't trying to make the mission a success, he acted out of a need for his team to get out of there alive.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 17:34   Link #273
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

My thought is that if sasuke truly wanted to kill him he could have kept the amaterasu going on him
Old 2009-08-23, 17:36   Link #274
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
Actually Sasuke failed to capture him because he fled with a replacement technique and his ass between his legs burning. Unless we read a different manga that is..

It would be a very different story if he wanted to kill him.
Sasuke AND his team have won over KillerBee, it's important to note that KillerBee was alone while Sasuke had very important teammates, during the fight they saved Sasuke's life twice. But the ending was very clear: MS gives a power that is way above CS2, with CS2 Sasuke and his team would be dead by now because KillerBee was destroying them.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 17:43   Link #275
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
My thought is that if sasuke truly wanted to kill him he could have kept the amaterasu going on him
Huh? Killer Bee was still overwhelming after the Amaterasu. He was striking at the entire exhausted Hawk team with undamaged, non-burning tentacles. (Heh, striking tentacles), Sasuke had no other option to save Karin at that point. He was out of danger himself, the only way to save his teammate was a chidori blade.

The tentacle that was cut off had Killer Bee hiding in it. It wasn't burning. Sasuke never brought back the real Killer Bee to Madara. This was a ploy by the 8-Tails to be officially presumed dead.

I'm still not sure what you mean otherwise?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 17:58   Link #276
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

ah ok i just went back and re-read the chapter and youre right the tentle wasnt burning
Old 2009-08-23, 18:04   Link #277
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Their posts don't make sense because they're holding Sasuke to a different set of rules than naruto; which is why we get so many contradictions like this one you just pointed out. In other words, naruto is allowed to achieve certain things that Sasuke isn't for some reason.
bro i dunno i guess its too much to ask to that people can be objective or something

I enjoyed the chapter cuz at least some cool stuff happens when rogue/bad ninjas do some stuff. but it gets annoying to read certain things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
What do you mean? Tobi can literally appear out of nowhere. Kakashi and Yamato came after Naruto blowed up half of the room with a Rasengan, that hardly required spider sense.
Hunter that part of my post was directed at someone who finds its an insane powerup that sasuke beats some grunts any akatsuki member could do in the same manner. Since its apparently normal for some to say certain things Im just stating that naruto is sannin level yet still sucks at some times and i find that weird. since we already on this who gets powerups etc stuff. Though im not really into these kind of things.

I mean both have their equal share of weapon arsenals they both cool. ANd I dont feel like hearing this OMG sasuke OMG naruto OMG kakashi crap

This chapter was freaking awesome and i just wanna enjoy it :S without reading how my char supposedly been getting a powerup from pawning grunts
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:32   Link #278
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
This chapter was freaking awesome and i just wanna enjoy it :S without reading how my char supposedly been getting a powerup from pawning grunts
This reminded me of the discussion back near the begining of the Sasuke arc, when Sasuke defeated a bunch of CS2 freaks, and everyone complained that Sasuke was too powerful/too overpowered.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:55   Link #279
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Haha, This sounds like a bunch of excuses for Saskue's butt whoopin by Bee. Saskue and his team just got murdered, Bee put on a clinic on how to whoop Uchiha butt.
It probably sounds like that because because you're too blinded by your dislike of Sasuke to actually read what I am saying as long as if it goes further than "lulz Sasuke sucks".
I was pointing out that Sasuke didn't get beat because of some magical unpredictable moves but simply because Sasuke's fighting prowess were inferior to his opponent. KillerBee fought better and Sasuke made mistakes that would have proven lethal if not for his team saving him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I don't believe that. Killerbee was already murdering Sasuke's team before he used all 8 tails. Had he really gone all out and used the 8 tails, Killerbee would've won. He didn't barely escape. Killerbee escaped on purpose so he could run away from the Cloud Village without anyone suspecting his desertion. Everyone would think he died.
He did go all out with the 8 tails which ironicaly enough is probably the reason he almost got killed as well since he would have probably won if he had finished off Sasuke when he was laying in a pool of his own blood. He also did barely escape, Bee stated as much, it was a last second desperate maneuver which admittedly worked perfectly and completely fooled Sasuke & co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Huh? Killer Bee was still overwhelming after the Amaterasu.
No he wasn't, he was desperately trying to survive which is why KillerBee fled out of the chakra shroud to hide into one of the tentacle.

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-08-23 at 19:05.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:58   Link #280
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It probably sounds like that because because you're too blinded by your dislike of Sasuke to actually read what I am saying as long as if it goes further than "lulz Sasuke sucks".
I was pointing out that Sasuke didn't get beat because of some magical unpredictable moves but simply because Sasuke's fighting prowess were inferior to his opponent. KillerBee fought better and Sasuke made mistakes that would have proven lethal if not for his team saving him..
Well that's a heck of a difference from your last post, should of kept it like this.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion