~Omedetô~

OMG 4-0 , fast play , 68' 70' LOL
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:01   Link #262
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Germany, definitely, but it's too early to count Australia out. If they can beat Serbia and draw with Ghana it'll come down to goal difference. Of course then they'll get wiped out in the round of 16 anyway... Yeah, maybe they should just go home.
Well , maybe , hope they won't give up after this hell match or yes just go home .
Old 2010-06-13, 15:07   Link #263
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Muller definitely earned a contract renewal! He performed very well this game.

The socceroos have about 10 minutes to score amazingly, they did a good job, but the German team is simply too strong.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:15   Link #264
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , good match but i want to see them against stronger team , it can be interesting vs Ghana .
Old 2010-06-13, 15:31   Link #265
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Hmmm
Well with youth players in germany I think they will win
Oh how right you were!

That was the most insane thing I think I've ever seen. And like, Australia was doing pretty well until Germany first scored. Then they lost a guy, and that judgment there, unlike the other two red cards today, I felt was unfair.

Germany is a ferocious beast. I really can't wait for Germany v. Ghana now!
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:33   Link #266
Solafighter
Hige

4 : 0, i didnt expect that.
Old 2010-06-13, 15:36   Link #267
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

So I am not alone, thinking that the red card (without a yellow!) was over the top.
Old 2010-06-13, 15:43   Link #268
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm unfamiliar with how this added time works, anyone care to explain?

And I got up in time to see the last half of the ger vs aus game and holy crap just utter domination. Beerhalls will be busy in deutscheland tonight. Also gives me a new team to follow.

One last thing.... many German flags on cars today as I head to work. I think they earned that right no doubt.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:46   Link #269
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm unfamiliar with how this added time works, anyone care to explain?
They don't stop the clock, but sometimes play stops for whatever reason. Stoppage time is added at the end of each half in order to compensate for the lost time during the 45 minutes. The amount added depends on how much game time was lost. I think the longest I've seen so far was a 4 minute addition, and the shortest I think was 0.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:53   Link #270
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think most people would find that red card overly harsh. The tackle wasn't particularly vicious to warrant a straight red card.
Old 2010-06-13, 15:56   Link #271
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
They don't stop the clock, but sometimes play stops for whatever reason. Stoppage time is added at the end of each half in order to compensate for the lost time during the 45 minutes. The amount added depends on how much game time was lost. I think the longest I've seen so far was a 4 minute addition, and the shortest I think was 0.
Why don't they just stop the clock when play is stopped? Soccer tradition?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 15:59   Link #272
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
So I am not alone, thinking that the red card (without a yellow!) was over the top.
Hey, you benefited from it, what you complaining about?

Yes, I'm with you. I believe that outright red was harsh. Sure, it was arguably a late tackle by Cahill, but did it really deserve a sending off right away? A caution would have been more reasonable, I felt.

Not that it would have helped Australia much — quite simply, they were never in the game (sorry, but it's true; it's not for lack of trying, but the Socceroos were completely outmatched in all areas). Out of all the European teams that have played so far, Germany have by far shown the sheer, clinical tactical precision of European football at its best — a short, passing game emphasising ball possession rather than individual, prima donna performances. I hate to say this, but had England played Germany instead of USA last night, it would have been disaster for the Three Lions. Unlike England, Germany never gave up the momentum after the early goal by Podolski, showing all the hunger and drive that distinguish a champion-worthy team.

It's great to see Klose score (hey, that's a name I remember, in addition to Ballack's). Lahm's name also rings a bell, so I guess I'm not completely unfamiliar with the older players after all. But, wow, Oezil and Mueller are definitely new names to look out for. Brilliant marksmen the both of them, and Mueller has the instinct and composure for scoring sorely lacking in England.

Germany clearly demonstrate that, in football, discipline and teamwork can win games in absence of stars. Stellar performance from Deutschland. ^^b
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 16:01   Link #273
AnimeFangirl

I didn't see the infraction that caused the red card, but the refereeing has been a bit strange in the tournament so far. For example the last yellow card of the previous match, where Tagoe got a yellow for supposedly handling the ball, he clearly chested it. Sometimes you've got to wonder what the refs are thinking.
Old 2010-06-13, 16:15   Link #274
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Hey, you benefited from it, what you complaining about?
Well, that doesn't make it right. Maybe its just me, but I like fair matches (regardless of who is on the field).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Yes, I'm with you. I believe that outright red was harsh. Sure, it was arguably a late tackle by Cahill, but did it really deserve a sending off right away? A caution would have been more reasonable, I felt.
Hm, refrees sometimes see things... admittedly - we the -in front of TV- observers are in a much better position, we have cameras showing the incident from all ankles. This is why I think, the refrees should be allowed/forced to use the video material (if applicable/avaiable in almost real time) to aid their decission making.
Old 2010-06-13, 16:15   Link #275
Bombo
TSF Fans

I can't belive I missed this match ...damnt ..watching the goals right now..really awesome as exepected from germany team.

Quote:
Way too many missed opportunities to score, from both sides.
yes..but tbh both team awful
Note to ppl :"we talking about first game today not germany and aus"

Quote:
Oh how right you were!

That was the most insane thing I think I've ever seen. And like, Australia was doing pretty well until Germany first scored. Then they lost a guy, and that judgment there, unlike the other two red cards today, I felt was unfair.

Germany is a ferocious beast. I really can't wait for Germany v. Ghana now!
I really didn't watch the match and i can't give my opinion but from the scores and the goals it looks like germany doing right.

About vuvuzelas ...I hope they do something about it ..

edite:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
Wasn't Germany's first goal offside? Maybe I missed something.
No isn't offside because the player didn't take it ..The first goal was fine
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 16:19   Link #276
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, I decided to go to bed early so I could watch Germany vs Australia live.

After it is finished, the only reason I'm glad I saw it live was to see a top quality team in action - Germany.

I never held out any delusion that Australia could win. I had a slim hope of a draw. Before I switched on the TV, that is. Once I saw that starting lineup, my heart sunk...

That has got to be one of the worst lineup choices I have seen in a long time. That combo of players and positions has never been tried before. Such a risk in a World Cup match?!

1. Cahill as a lone striker?! HE"S A MIDFIELDER! Christ, I've seen that mistake made with Kewell in the past! Don't make a relatively small midfielder play as a lone striker! You can't expect Cahill to outjump those German giants! He excels in the midfield and capitalising at ground level.

2. Three defensive midfielders. Er, why don't you just raise the white flag already...That just said to me from the get-go that Pim Verbeek was never going to try to get anything out of this match. Damage control is one thing, but admitting defeat before you even step onto the pitch is just wrong. It's un-Australian. And what good did it do? They were stretched on both sides anyway!

4. We looked very weak on the left defensive flank. Oezil was loving sending it out there, setting up Muller or Lahm to get the crosses in to Podolski and Klose time after time. Chipperfield looked way out of his league.

5. The leaders lost their cool early. Moore yelled at a linesman and got yellow for it. Neill was ranting about offside a lot when it almost always wasn't. There was the odd shifty decision but nothing that glaring - the leaders had to maintain their cool under fire and they didn't. That didn't help our cause one bit.

6. Why on earth were we dicing with death so much by trying to spring the offside trap all the time?! It wasn't working! Get some numbers behind the ball and start manning up! Oezil and Muller were loving that free space and gave so many good chances to Podolski and Klose.

7. The non-playing of Kennedy, Kewell and Bresciano was very bemusing to me and the majority of Australians are in uproar over this. Kennedy is the one guy who could've threatened in the air and matched the tall timber Germany had in defense. Kewell is a spark full stop - we always went right when going forward because we had no one credible to go with on the left. If he wasn't 100%, then fine, but there seemed to be more doubt about Cahill than Kewell in the last few days. Bresciano is a good crosser from anywhere - his presence was missed. Seeing crosses from only deep down the right flank was too easy for Germany to intercept.

8. Australia had a gem of a chance to score in the 3rd minute and it was squandered. Cahill sent a good header in but Garcia was napping and had his back turned, deflecting it back out instead...If we nailed that one, things could have been so different.

9. There was a complete lack of the Australian spirit that defined 2006. That campaign, everyone fought for each other and they never, ever gave up. Tonight they never looked like they were playing for each other or had that belief. This was humiliating. Most players didn't hassle or press on - they were usually lagging behind and they paid the price.

10. The red card on Cahill was an absolute disgrace. Cahill tried to pull out of that tackle and he never tried to hurt Schwarzsteiger. That Mexican referee has a known track record for being a severe referee. Apparently in a match between Ivory Coast and Serbia in 2006, he handed out 2 red cards and 9 yellows. This guy seems to reach for the card like wildfire. What did he give in the end - 1 red and 5 yellows in this one?!

It's a hard road for Australia now - they have to beat both Ghana and Serbia just to make it to the second round. And with Cahill supsended for the Ghana match, that is leaving us on the back foot already. It's not impossible, but some things have to change fast. Get the lineup and positions right. Play with some spirit and team ethos. Play some tight defense and don't rely on the offside trap. Then maybe Australia stands a chance.

All credit to Germany and to Joachim Low for picking a great side. Podolski was always threatening, Klose was always in the right positions and nailed another trademark header - regardless of his domestic form, he is brilliant when he is in a World Cup. That guy could end up with the record for goals scored in a World Cup. Oezil and Mueller were just supreme in the midfield. Their defense was always alert and allowed little. Heuer was alert for the few times he needed to be in goal. Germany are still very dangerous without Ballack. Whether they can overcome Spain or Brazil is something that will be determined later on. For now, they are the real deal.
Old 2010-06-13, 16:29   Link #277
Bri

As per usual it doesn't seem to matter which players Germany sends to a world cup, once they are there the team is fine and everything falls into place.

Good result for the Germans but the Aussies looked fairly uninspired. Red card for Carhill was a bit harsh. Though I was expecting one for Neill who got away unpunished several times.

Of the contenders so far both Argentina and Germany look ready for a deep run into the tournament.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 16:41   Link #278
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Neill probably deserved one for continual dissent. Just get on with it! Heck, even Klose gave him a couple of pats on the back to settle him down. Captains are supposed to set a good example even in tough times, but he lost the plot early and never got it back. He still looks like he has a chip on his shoulder for Grosso faking a fall in the final play of the second round match in the 2006 World Cup that allowed Totti to score the winning penalty.

Can only manage what the Australian media will create by the time the 6pm news comes. They can be very harsh.
Old 2010-06-13, 16:56   Link #279
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Speaking of media, it's interesting how The New York Times covered the Germany v Australia game, showing again that uniquely American love for statistics, statistics and even more statistics. That's an aspect of American sport I never could quite understand, and perhaps explains why certain sports that are so popular elsewhere around the world never quite make it in the United States — they just don't generate enough numbers for pundits to gush over.

Well, looking ahead for the rest of the day, there's The Netherlands v Denmark. That ought to be an interesting match.

More importantly, there's Japan v Cameroon. My heart goes out to the Blue Samurai, but they'll be playing against Cameroon in what will be as good as home ground for the Africans. If Cameroon don't shine, you can bet the vuvuzelas would still suffice to smother Japan with the sound of "dying geese".

And lastly, Italy v Paraguay. After two consecutive late nights, I'm skipping this match. I can endure for only so long at my age.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 17:55   Link #280
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Why don't they just stop the clock when play is stopped? Soccer tradition?
Nah. That's just how the rules of football/soccer go.

Wow good job Germany! I kinda want to see a Korea vs. Germany Semi-final rematch. That would be a great way to get our (dun dun dun....) REVENGEEEEEEEEEEE mwa hahahaha.

(yes, I am a Korean who loves Korea...)

I hope that Park Chu-Young plays better in our game Thursday against Argentina. He missed/messed up so many opportunities against Greece yesterday. Also, lets see Lee Dong Guk finally at work.
zSolaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup