Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-05-26, 19:39   Link #2801
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He can in the account settings, assuming he didn't forget his password (which can also happen since people can stay permanently logged in and never have to use their passwords a second time ) and the ID he wants to change it to isn't already taken.

On the other hand, some people struggle coming up with new usernames so it's also a possibility that the person doesn't care enough and can't be arsed to change it. I've been there too
I think that hits the nail on the head right there.

I'm fully expecting him to delete the account once the chapters are published.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 01:03   Link #2802
Sixth
Hu Tao

Meh, not really looking forward. Doubt that those 10 chapters will resolve a single thing. Most likely will leave the readers hanging more.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 01:26   Link #2803
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

You know maybe Togashi can use his narration style to skip whole succession arc and go to next arc as final arc.

At this point "skip" button is excellent idea to jump the shark of hiatus.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 02:25   Link #2804
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

....But that would mean skipping this arc. I don't want to skip this arc.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 04:02   Link #2805
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Well, its either you want to wait for 10+ years until the arc is over or you want to see it done as soon as possible.
Old 2022-05-27, 10:51   Link #2806
Fufufu
Doffy

The magazine is willing to give him the time and not rush him or axed because they know how the sales when hxh releases sky high so no they will wait for him and give the time he needs.
Fufufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 13:06   Link #2807

He said that Gin and Ging meeting would have been a good ending, but extended the story. Huge mistake since it's obvious he's not going to finish it. We'll have another Berserk on our hands.
1001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 18:18   Link #2808
grecefar

It should've ended in the Silence chapter, it was perfect.

Anyway let's see how long it last, I can't be too happy with only some chapters and then another 4 years of hiatus. I'll be happy if at least he ends this arc.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 18:28   Link #2809
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001010 View Post
He said that Gin and Ging meeting would have been a good ending, but extended the story. Huge mistake since it's obvious he's not going to finish it. We'll have another Berserk on our hands.
His mistake isn't so much continuing past this point. It's setting up and starting an incredibly MASSIVE arc instead of just tying up the loose ends. He should have known better than anyone he'd never be able to finish it.
Old 2022-06-29, 03:45   Link #2810
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

From jump twitter

Quote:
Yoshihiro Togashi says in his new letter that 'after being unable to sit in a chair for about two years', he has given up in his 'old ways' and has managed to resume writing HUNTERxHUNTER. He also advises everyone to 'take care of your backs'.
Further comment
Quote:
He comments how he was 'unable to wipe his ass' until two weeks ago, so everytime he 'took a poop', he had to take a shower. He also advises everyone that if 'you drop something in the floor of the exhibition', you should be careful on your posture when picking it up.
Source
https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ_manga
Old 2022-06-29, 07:21   Link #2811
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What does giving up his old ways even mean in this case? Like, after decades of having back problems, he's finally learned how to seat properly?
Old 2022-06-29, 08:08   Link #2812
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Considering the context, sounds like he gave up doing his usual sitting habit before writings; surrender to sitting method that doesn't put strain on his back.

Old 2022-06-29, 12:04   Link #2813
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

His advice is good. They probably coulda prevented some of my back problems. ^_^
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 12:50   Link #2814
Twi

As someone who had spent months with lower back pain not even as severe as his from improper seating at a desk for hours on end, that's solid advice.
Old 2022-06-29, 14:35   Link #2815
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What does giving up his old ways even mean in this case? Like, after decades of having back problems, he's finally learned how to seat properly?
No, it means he probably has a hernia and literally can't sit properly anymore, so he has to either adjust his workflow and let other people draw, or he has to learn to draw while lying down.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-06-29 at 18:40.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 17:45   Link #2816
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Goodness me, is that what you think chronic debilitating back injury is - not knowing how to “sit properly”?

If you’re a normie, you probably have no idea that what you considering sitting properly is impossible for Togashi or anyone with back issues that serious. Sitting in a chair at all in any position for more than a couple minutes is probably impossible. As is sitting too long, standing too long, or lying down too long. And wiping your ass, tying your shoe, or getting out of bed in less than five minutes.

In Togashi’s case specifically, he drew an illustration of his current drawing position. Basically lying curled into a “C” shape, holding an electronic pad.

https://twitter.com/hxhsource/status...Zr7k2ky16ZaPYA
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 18:38   Link #2817
grecefar

Man I knew he had back problems but I didn't thought it was that bad...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 18:40   Link #2818
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Goodness me, is that what you think chronic debilitating back injury is - not knowing how to “sit properly”?

If you’re a normie, you probably have no idea that what you considering sitting properly is impossible for Togashi or anyone with back issues that serious. Sitting in a chair at all in any position for more than a couple minutes is probably impossible. As is sitting too long, standing too long, or lying down too long. And wiping your ass, tying your shoe, or getting out of bed in less than five minutes.

In Togashi’s case specifically, he drew an illustration of his current drawing position. Basically lying curled into a “C” shape, holding an electronic pad.

https://twitter.com/hxhsource/status...Zr7k2ky16ZaPYA
My mother suffers from it and often can't even sleep because of the pain, don't lecture me about it.

I just couldn't figure out what he meant by giving up his "old ways". And what do you know? I was actually right, he was stubbornly sitting in a position that brought him great pain this entire time. If no one gave him that advice before... he should surround himself with better doctors.
Old 2022-07-05, 00:53   Link #2819
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Man I knew he had back problems but I didn't thought it was that bad...
Yeah. The meme is dead I guess =0v.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-25, 18:33   Link #2820
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/Un4v5s8bg...02850256707586

Togashi giving us a rough draft of the last page of the tenth new chapter. So hopefully news of the the return soon-ish.

Also, geez, all those likes!
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain