AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-31, 22:11   Link #2821
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
One thing I am not sure about is why is Nanoha aired so late at night? I mean, I have watched a few episodes of the first and second series at school and nobody seemed to mind......
Cause it is no longer loli metamorphosis but MILF-MINUS metamorphosis.

I hope there is an up side to this...Like something more mature perhaps, seeing as they went to a great deal on aging the characters.

But please, my mind is dirty on partying eve so don't mind it...much...

In a few hours, my head is gonna explode with episode caps...
Old 2007-03-31, 22:16   Link #2822
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
hopefully we'll be getting shots from LP too.

its less then 6 hours til LP starts, and only 12 more hours til StrikerS airs , we have waited for a long time havn't we
Old 2007-03-31, 22:19   Link #2823
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Screw the episode, I'll have enough joy-gasm just by watching the Opening...!

Beside, it looks like the first episode is just about Subaru and Teana getting into Nanoha's team.
Old 2007-03-31, 22:36   Link #2824
Therion
マテリアルS

LP...? Which anime are you talking about with that...unless its not one...
Old 2007-03-31, 22:39   Link #2825
sezen_atacan

Now, it might sound lame but......... I am still confused with the global timing since I rarely use this clock system. Right now it is March 31 11:37PM in the mid-eastern states right now. So what time is it now in Tokyo? Is it April 1st there yet?
Old 2007-03-31, 22:40   Link #2826
Akarum
TSAB Cadet

Send a message via MSN to Akarum
LP means Lyrical Party, an event where tons of Nanoha fans meet up to meet Nanoha Project's seiyuus. The first episode will also be shown there.

Not much time left! Can't wait! I hope to see scenes showing Nanoha teaching her trainees "how to make friends". hehehe
Old 2007-03-31, 22:43   Link #2827
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

currently its 12:42 Apirl 1st in tokyo. so 12 more hours til ep1 offically airs.
Old 2007-03-31, 22:45   Link #2828
Ottocycle

sezen_atacan
Well its April 1st 12:43pm in Tokyo time... so a little less than 4 hours to LP..
and a little less than 13 hours to the actual ep.

A countdown is actually quite fitting for the title of this thread LOL

Edit: beaten.
Old 2007-03-31, 22:47   Link #2829
guess

I heard that some people in this forum are going to attend this Nanoha party. If they can share what they learn from it, can we expect some info from that party like some time in the afternoon Tokyo time? Before the first ep airs!!?? (Why can't I just wait until the firist ep airs?)
Old 2007-03-31, 22:56   Link #2830
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

LP is starts at i think 5 or 6, so we may get some info on it at 8-9 hours from now, else we just need for ep 1 to be aired
Old 2007-03-31, 23:16   Link #2831
sezen_atacan

Are lost logia relics 100% indestructable? I think sealing it away might not be the best idea though. I wonder what happened to the jewel seeds. Wouldn't it make more sense if the TSAB just destroy them in a meaningful way? Someone will always want to get the power sooner or later and it becomes a vicious cycle... maybe I am analysing to far hehe.
Old 2007-03-31, 23:26   Link #2832
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Are lost logia relics 100% indestructable?
Don't know, but I don't think you want to risk 'trying' to destroy something that could take out your entire planet. Much safer to seal them and have it under lock and key...
Old 2007-03-31, 23:36   Link #2833
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I'm pretty sure 'sealing' is destroying them.

Chrono's opposition to just freezing and hiding the Book of Darkness on the grounds that it would only be a temporary fix implies that they usually use more permanent methods.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:02   Link #2834
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
I'm pretty sure 'sealing' is destroying them.

Chrono's opposition to just freezing and hiding the Book of Darkness on the grounds that it would only be a temporary fix implies that they usually use more permanent methods.

They don't seem to have much of a permanent method if the Book could respawn itself over and over again all those times. That suggest that even when sealed, a logia is just dormant, not destroyed.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:32   Link #2835
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I think Kikaifan is totaly right here. The "sealing" is probably part ofve the process of destroying the Lost Logias.

To destroy just teh defence program ofve teh book ofve darkness they had to use the ARC-EN_CIEL (wich means RAINBOW in French) And then using it on Earth wa sout ofve teh question sicne it would have takken out a prety large chunk of teh earth as well. Wich is why they did it in orbit.

Now the Jewl Seeds seem to be much mroe powerfull then the book. Seeds have the power to displace and destroy multyple dimmentions in one swipe. While the book going out ofve control seem to say would destroy only 1 world.

So one could say this: Using a destructive attake weapon liek ARCENCIEL ona SEED could triger that SEED and well adios-mucha-chose is teh theme of teh day. So instead they use the sealing to prevent such and even and probably destroy the SEED with more peacefull meathods.

Now why not use peacefull method on the book? Simple the Book was ACTIVE and would defend it self. The SEED are dorman until activated, also they dont have anythign that realy looks like and AI.

And analogy for thsi line ofve thougth would be like this:
Book = Man with bomb strap to his chest
Seed = Super Nukebomb by it self, but its sensitive to magic presure.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:44   Link #2836
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

So in other words, different Logias are dealt with differently. And that there's no one absolute way.

Edit: Sometimes they are destroyed, sometimes it's safe to seal.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:49   Link #2837
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They don't seem to have much of a permanent method if the Book could respawn itself over and over again all those times. That suggest that even when sealed, a logia is just dormant, not destroyed.
Sealing it in a dormant state is what Graham wanted to do, and Chrono was opposed to it. If Chrono is opposed to it, it obviously isn't standard TSAB procedure; he's more or less their poster-boy.

The Book can't be permanently destroyed while the defense program is active, that was the problem in the first place.

Or to break it down-

If normal TSAB policy is to destroy Lost Logia:
Their inability to destroy the Book of Darkness presents an unusual obstacle,
Graham's plan to just freeze and trap it represents an unusual solution,
and Chrono's objection to the measure as reversible makes sense.

If normal TSAB policy is to capture and deactivate Lost Logia:
The Book of Darkness presents an unusual obstacle only in that they need the power of the Durandal to seal it,
Graham's plan for the Book was in the mold of their usual solutions,
and Chrono's objection to it as reversible makes no sense.
Old 2007-04-01, 00:51   Link #2838
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

I do seems to recall that from somewhere that the Jewel Seeds are only AAA class LL, but YnS is a SS class. I would think that if YnS discharged all 666 page in one burst will create a much larger crater then Jewel seeds will. but on a different note,

Function of the LL seemed to be very different as the seeds are can be thought as condensed energy crystals. while YnS at its none serk state is a functioning A.I.
so i guess its easier to deactivate energy crystals via Sealing and then maybe controlled atom break downs, then an A.I that have automatic counterattack functions.

So I guess it is possible to destory some LL but not everyone of them i should think.
Old 2007-04-01, 01:01   Link #2839
Kikaifan
Blazing General

IIRC in his initial explanation Chrono said the reason the YnS is ranked so highly is that it keeps coming back. Jewel seeds and the like may have huge power but they can be easily sealed. The Book threatens each generation anew no matter what they do to it.
Old 2007-04-01, 01:09   Link #2840
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
If Chrono is opposed to it, it obviously isn't standard TSAB procedure
That, and it's morally wrong as well.

Quote:
If normal TSAB policy is to destroy Lost Logia
If normal TSAB policy is to capture and deactivate Lost Logia:
Then perhaps it's a mixed of both. The dangers of the seeds and the dangers of the book are completely different matter.

edit: I mean the situation of the threat.
Closed Thread