AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-31, 17:17   Link #2861
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
You know, I just glanced through the book store yesterday and thy have all the Haruhi books on display. I didn't look too closely, but the books all had a "obi" type thing promoting the anime in April. It also was pimping Haruhi-chan on you tube and the new manga coming out, but that wasn't the main focus of the marketing.
Old 2009-03-31, 23:22   Link #2862
Eak
One angry cloud.

True, forgot to consider the time slot of the anime (I haven't been up to date due to the trolling trend).

Hoping that I am just being pessimistic and there is new content.
Old 2009-04-01, 00:57   Link #2863
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
I'm still putting all my chips down on season 1 except all instances of Haruhi cut out, and the characters just talk to air. DISAPPEARANCE.
Old 2009-04-01, 00:59   Link #2864
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
I'm still putting all my chips down on season 1 except all instances of Haruhi cut out, and the characters just talk to air. DISAPPEARANCE.
Epic troll. I'd approve. And then cry.
Old 2009-04-01, 01:08   Link #2865
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
And Mikuru would be molested by the air itself. I'll leave you guys with that mental image.
Old 2009-04-01, 01:16   Link #2866
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
And Mikuru would be molested by the air itself. I'll leave you guys with that mental image.
Mmm... Mikuru molested by air... *drools*
Old 2009-04-01, 01:34   Link #2867
ijuinkun

Speaking of which, there is a phrase in Japanese, "ecchi na kaze"--literally a perverted wind--used to refer to a wind that blows girls skirts upward to reveal what is underneath. ^_^
Old 2009-04-01, 03:49   Link #2868
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Haruhi Minus Haruhi?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-04-01, 04:04   Link #2869
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be really, really weird to see a "nothing" molest Mikuru..especially if they went though the trouble of filling in all the places Haruhi would be blocking the view.

While that isn't out of their capabilities...I'd think they'd be more creative than that. Unless they really want to make that live action teaser canon and thus Haruhi is due in 2010....(three years..sigh why is it always three years)

Either way...something will happen within the next 36 or so hours, and by 48 or 54 hours we should have another Haruhi-chan episode as well.
Old 2009-04-01, 07:25   Link #2870
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?area=...402&stime=2545

Hmmm...

That's the first episode of the the first season alright, looks like it's a reairi... wait, does that say it's airing in HD?
Old 2009-04-01, 16:00   Link #2871
ReneeBurossamu

Ahh.

If I could just join in here, I honestly can't see something like Suzumiya Haruhi airing the second season without so much as a giant commercial aired.
It's the first season rerun.

I'd bet on it. With big bucks. Like, two hundred dollars.

With the whole second season thing, I really think that stations are purposely holding off on it because either
1) newer series that will probably need more publicity *coughexample:clannadcough* will overshadow Haruhi
2) The money from the franchise itself is holding them up
or 3) Tanigawa disappeared, is sick of the Haruhi series, and isn't there to lend a hand in the second season.

Tanigawa disappeared off the face of the planet.
Old 2009-04-01, 18:22   Link #2872
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
If I could just join in here, I honestly can't see something like Suzumiya Haruhi airing the second season without so much as a giant commercial aired.
It's the first season rerun.
Tanigawa has nothing to do with the Haruhi anime outside of Someday in the Rain, and the original Haruhi season never had a big announcement or PV either.
Old 2009-04-01, 18:26   Link #2873
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While people sort of knew about Haruhi before it came out, only a few were waiting for it. The rest got the shock and awe treatment with the first two episodes.

I started much later on episode 11 (13) and was hooked on the well done space motiff to find out "just what is this?"
Old 2009-04-01, 18:27   Link #2874
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Nevermind... I just read the article on Sankaku...

...Where's my emo-as-fuck GOD IS DEAD avatar again?
Old 2009-04-01, 18:40   Link #2875
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still about 12 to 18 hours left before you are allowed to start your renewed despair. We'll know soon enough who is trolling who.

Plus I suppose we'll still have Haruhi-chan.
Old 2009-04-01, 18:44   Link #2876
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Still about 12 to 18 hours left before you are allowed to start your renewed despair. We'll know soon enough who is trolling who.

Plus I suppose we'll still have Haruhi-chan.
Haruhi-chan is just useless chibi crap compared to what they could be giving us.

And since we already know what's airing on all stations, there's no point in having any hope left.

Why do you people persist in your hope?

No, there won't be new episodes inserted into the run. No, there won't be an added second season in July.

A rerun is a rerun is a rerun. They know they can get traffic by rerunning it because EVERYONE will be watching it just to see if there are new episodes.

Haruhi is the worst anime ever. Not because of its intrinsic quality, but because of how badly the fanbase has been treated.

Way to go, Kadokawa. Way to go. Woo.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:10   Link #2877
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithekro
still about 12 to 18 hours left before you are allowed to start your renewed despair. We'll know soon enough who is trolling who.
KADOKAWA IS.

THEY ARE TROLLING US.

...again.

Although right about now I wish there was a way for us to do this to THEM. I'm not feeling despair right now so much as I am feeling RAGE that can only be expressed by CAPSLOCK.

CAPSLOCK RAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:13   Link #2878
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
KADOKAWA IS.

THEY ARE TROLLING US.

...again.

Although right about now I wish there was a way for us to do this to THEM. I'm not feeling despair right now so much as I am feeling RAGE that can only be expressed by CAPSLOCK.

CAPSLOCK RAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
You win cookies for making me laugh, my man. Chocolate cookies.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:18   Link #2879
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
You win cookies for making me laugh, my man. Chocolate cookies.
SHIT YES.

I think I'm still stuck on capslock mode, though. That is not too good for doing homework. I hope it wears off before tomorrow, because I can't really go to school all like, "ALGEBRA! DEATH! HYPOTENUUUUSE!"

Spoiler for REALLY off topic:

As I once again return to teeny font I will disregard the "man" part as I am not in an oversensitive "HEY THERE ARE GIRLS ON THE INTERNET" mood and also I don't think that that word is always directly meant like that and hello, run on sentence, I was hoping to go more than four minutes without bumping into you again.
Old 2009-04-01, 19:56   Link #2880
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
. . . Am I a horrible person for finding the reactions here humorous?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen