Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 12:11   Link #2861
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Heres the first of whats to come....

Its free apparently although I'd be very surprised if it was originally planned to be.

Last edited by Drake; 2012-04-06 at 12:39.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 12:41   Link #2862
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Its free apparently although I'd be very surprised if it was originally planned to be.
Yeah, the way the trailer is constructed, I could almost see the space where they would have inserted the purchase price. The trailer is also way too flashy for a free product. Way too much "look how cool it is! Please buy it" in the video.
Old 2012-04-06, 13:09   Link #2863
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Heres the first of whats to come....

A multiplayer pack... Ok, so how many would actually pay for a ME3 multiplayer pack...?
Old 2012-04-06, 13:21   Link #2864
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Plenty I'd imagine, I read a lot of comments from people who only play the MP now or play it more than they have the campaign.

If they did charge for it I personally wouldn't pay for it right now but I maybe would later down the line when its price would inevitably drop as honestly I do enjoy the MP.

Old 2012-04-06, 13:23   Link #2865
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally the Krogan Vanguard. Been waiting for this.
Obviously this DLC was supposed to cost something. They believe it'll stir up the hate.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:35   Link #2866
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Those new weapons better damn well make it to single player.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:35   Link #2867
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, the way the trailer is constructed, I could almost see the space where they would have inserted the purchase price. The trailer is also way too flashy for a free product. Way too much "look how cool it is! Please buy it" in the video.
I think that this being free is part of EA's damage control
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:46   Link #2868
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Is it just me or did I see a Green Asari Justicar, Red Geth Infiltrator, and a Blue Batarian Soldier?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:54   Link #2869
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Haha that HAS to be intentional.

If it is then as humorous as it is for some (myself included) I imagine that some will see it as salt in the wounds.

Old 2012-04-06, 15:39   Link #2870
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Finally the Krogan Vanguard. Been waiting for this.
Obviously this DLC was supposed to cost something. They believe it'll stir up the hate.
The hate's not going to get un-stirred, no matter how many free inducements they throw out. The ending's not getting fixed, so the hate will remain.
Old 2012-04-06, 16:09   Link #2871
killer3000ad

Bioware panel is live at PAX right now. There isn't a TV stream but there is a liveblog running here DELETED

EDIT: Panel is over, Bioware completely avoided the elephant in the room and wasted time with talk about the parts of ME3 no one is complaining about and the short 5 minute Q&A amounted to absolutely no questions whatsoever about Starchild. I swear these questions were pre-screened.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-04-06 at 17:02.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 16:45   Link #2872
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

On the extended cut:

"Wanted to answer the questions that we're seeing" via twitter, social networks, etc" "We definitely look, we definitely put together a list." The community team feed the dev team the questions. "We want to give you some more closure" around the questions you have, fill in some of the unknowns. "Want to give players a sense of personalization with the endings"

Given that's what you already promised us in the first place, you'll forgive me if I remain skeptical...

Fan questions:

Quote:
First questioner - introduced to ME because he had to play it for class assignment! His question - when citadel is moved, what happens to everyone on it?

Answer: One of the things in the citadel codex is that anyplace -inside- the citadel has emergency seals, and some exterior areas have emergency seals that can keep atmosphere in. Even if the Citadel is destroyed (which it may or may not be in ending), "is not like the entire things blow up." People on (in) the arms may well still be alive. No reason to assume 100% casualtties.

Question something about withstanding all forms of criticism, not just constructive -- something artistic / developer integrity.
Answer: "Whenever you craete a piece of art, you're never going to have everyone happy." constructive over beliggerent -- want ways to improve and make things better. "If you didn't like the endign, you're entirely okay not to like the ending" Constructive helps them make the game BETTER, and they want feedback they can take action on.

Question: Ilos - statues of tentacle people. "Are those protheans? Because Javik..."
Answer: "so, we've potentially contradicted ourselves here..." But civilization could be the one, mentioned on Ilos, that had the planet before the protheans did."

Qestion: Ending DLC. More cut-scenes, or additional gameplay?
Answer: currently planning on extended cinematics but cannot currently comment otherwise. "keep giving us your feedback."

Question: "IF you could throw one character other than Shep into the synthesis ending, who would it be?"
Answer: Marauder shields! Also Conrad [verner]. "He deserves it."

Question: is what-if about protheans, asari, ardat-yakshi, "what if, what would have happened?"
Answer: if protheans weren't involved, salarians might have discovered citadel before Asari did"

Qestion: about how Garrus and Tali can hook up.
Answer: they've always been there; they've always had this bantering, bickering relationship; they bond over the whole dextro thing. threw in a comment as an easter ergg on the citadel in ME2, but then just drew on it for 3.

Last edited by Keroko; 2012-04-06 at 16:58.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 17:02   Link #2873
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Wow some of those questions were just... Seems to me that Bioware planted some people in for questions.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:04   Link #2874
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The one question I'd have asked isn't there.

Did you delete the stupid fucking blue god kid?

If you did not, fuck you and no more money for you, ever.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:09   Link #2875
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I have a question for these panels.

When they do the Q&A do they just ask people from the audience to ask them or has it already been submitted?

And how the hell do they screen these people?

There's no way in hell nobody could've avoided asking the question about the Star Child. I at the very least wanted to at least know why he looked like that little boy.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 17:10   Link #2876
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The one question I'd have asked isn't there.

Did you delete the stupid fucking blue god kid?

If you did not, fuck you and no more money for you, ever.
No question about the star kid, what happened to Normandy, Shepard's breath scene, some of plot hole at the end, why were there little no no variation in the ending, relays blowing up, or something! Seriously who would want to ask about artistic integrity, Ilos? Those types of questions would be the last things in my head.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:12   Link #2877
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Wow some of those questions were just... Seems to me that Bioware planted some people in for questions.
Well, one asked about the Ending DLC, he got some form of answer, having other people asking basically the same thing when the answer pretty much says that the core of the ending will remain as is, meaning the kid will still be there. Cinematics alone cannot justify match besides the Normandy's crash really, unless they make REALLY LONG cinematics, which I don't believe. Afterwards, the best they can do after the Normandy crash is start the slideshow. The RGB ending is still there.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:33   Link #2878
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

At least if they make the cinematics so that your choices up to the RGB actually matter it'd be something.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 17:52   Link #2879
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

PAX ME3 panel = monumental waste of time.

Nothing of value gained. Everything of value lost.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 18:57   Link #2880
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Honestly are you really genuinely surprised ?

All of the questions asked where pretty odd and I find it incredibly dubious that none of them asked for an explanation of the endings especially considering that someone asked a stupid question about "who the devs would want to throw into the synthesis beam instead of shepard" without asking for an explanation on how its even possible to merge synthetic and organic life in the first place...

Last edited by Drake; 2012-04-06 at 19:12.

Tags
effect, games, mass