Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-04, 02:51   Link #2881
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
alien gate opened twice? o.o i thought only once at the terrorist attack
also does hardy have any control over with what world the portal will connect to?
Not sure how much Hardy know of the universe she connects her to beforehand.
I imagine she feels confident enough to handle any possible problems that may occur.

Since the start of the novel there has been multiple gate openings, two to the alien world.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeLyne View Post
Question about the lady, did she appear in 2 books or just 1? Unless they are 2 different person.
Two. She was the antagonist in both Gaiden 2 (book 7) and Gaiden 4 (book 9)
Old 2016-04-04, 14:19   Link #2882
endarion88

just to confirm, due to the time distortion when the season 2 will finally start sherry will be 16 while sugawara will have aged only 1 year right?
Old 2016-04-04, 15:04   Link #2883
xShARkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
just to confirm, due to the time distortion when the season 2 will finally start sherry will be 16 while sugawara will have aged only 1 year right?
Yes, pretty much.
xShARkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 15:18   Link #2884
xShARkx

Aohige,

Can you explain shortly the timeline between JSDF evacuation, zorzal defeat and death, terrorist attack\sabotage on the gate, the closing of the gate and the JSDF going to help pina on the last minute when she and army\knights were about to be defeated? And if possible a small description of each event.

Why exactly did the JSDF decided to evacuated?

Thank you.

Last edited by xShARkx; 2016-04-04 at 15:38.
Old 2016-04-04, 17:20   Link #2885
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Since the start of the novel there has been multiple gate openings, two to the alien world.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShARkx View Post
Quote:
Yes, pretty much.
That should be interesting...

Quote:
Why exactly did the JSDF decided to evacuated?
It's already been stated that they decided to evacuate because they knew the Gate needed to be taken down so that the Xenomorphs wouldn't kill everybody (probably after 3rd instance above in Spoiler).
Old 2016-04-04, 18:18   Link #2886
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Why exactly did the JSDF decided to evacuated
Space and time was collapsing. They are not evacuating by choice, they are closing the portal before the known universe gets completely destroyed. Dimensional portals are no joke and when one is damaged, dangerous things happen. They are leaving because they need to close the Gate, they are closing the Gate because if they don't, they wouldn't have an Earth to go back to.
Old 2016-04-04, 18:30   Link #2887
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

^ That, too.
Old 2016-04-04, 21:03   Link #2888
xShARkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
That should be interesting...
Agree .

Quote:
It's already been stated that they decided to evacuate because they knew the Gate needed to be taken down so that the Xenomorphs wouldn't kill everybody (probably after 3rd instance above in Spoiler).
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Space and time was collapsing. They are not evacuating by choice, they are closing the portal before the known universe gets completely destroyed. Dimensional portals are no joke and when one is damaged, dangerous things happen. They are leaving because they need to close the Gate, they are closing the Gate because if they don't, they wouldn't have an Earth to go back to.
Thank you guys . Yeah i pretty much knew all of this already I asked it anyway, because i wanted a confirmation of the main reason for the evacuation before talking about it to someone else

Thank you again.
Old 2016-04-04, 23:58   Link #2889
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's actually two steps - they start getting ready to get out of there before the whole terror things happened because the gate needs to be closed.

Once the terrorist bombing and subsequent alien attacks happen, it suddenly becomes urgent emergency evacuation and they rush to the gate as Lelei tries to close it.
Not everyone makes it across of course, stranding thousands of soldiers.
Old 2016-04-05, 02:19   Link #2890
rladls2121

That is really a worst situation.
The soldiers that are left in the Special Region, I feel as if their home world actually gone far away.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 03:49   Link #2891
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Actually, giving by current show pace season 2 should end with gate closing down and stranding thousands in the Special Region. That is material of around 2.5 books ( and this is how much was animated currently - books 1, 2 and partially book 3. Gate closes at the end of book 5 ).

After that we can have entire season of Gaiden ( basically 1.5 years of stories about stranded soldiers ) before gate reopens again.

I just hope we will have more foreign powers included once the gate novels continue their story. I doubt that world powers will leave Japan alone after that 'almost destroyed universe by tampering with the gate' incident.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 07:09   Link #2892
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Actually, giving by current show pace season 2 should end with gate closing down and stranding thousands in the Special Region. That is material of around 2.5 books ( and this is how much was animated currently - books 1, 2 and partially book 3. Gate closes at the end of book 5 ).

After that we can have entire season of Gaiden ( basically 1.5 years of stories about stranded soldiers ) before gate reopens again.

I just hope we will have more foreign powers included once the gate novels continue their story. I doubt that world powers will leave Japan alone after that 'almost destroyed universe by tampering with the gate' incident.
We're talking about the novels. "Season 2" is what the author has called the next series of novels, starting after Gaiden+ (the fifth Gaiden novel).
Old 2016-04-05, 07:24   Link #2893
Brother Coa
Banned

I see, I was thinking that he means about 2'nd season of anime.

Still, my point still stands "I just hope we will have more foreign powers included once the gate novels continue their story. I doubt that world powers will leave Japan alone after that 'almost destroyed universe by tampering with the gate' incident."
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 07:34   Link #2894
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Now that there is an anime, and a second season of it presumably in the offing at some point, we should probably figure out a way to differentiate the two "Season 2"s, since simply relying on context, even with people familiar with the novels, clearly isn't enough.
Old 2016-04-05, 07:44   Link #2895
xShARkx

Quote:
We're talking about the novels. "Season 2" is what the author has called the next series of novels, starting after Gaiden+ (the fifth Gaiden novel).
You mean starting after Gaiden 4(The fourth Gaiden novel). The Gaiden+ are stories that happen between or before the five main books .
Old 2016-04-05, 08:10   Link #2896
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
You mean starting after Gaiden 4(The fourth Gaiden novel). The Gaiden+ are stories that happen between or before the five main books .
Both. After G+ according to publication and after G4 according to in-story chronology.
Old 2016-04-05, 09:16   Link #2897
xShARkx

Quote:
Both. After G+ according to publication and after G4 according to in-story chronology.
Oh yeah! You are right! if you take into consideration both the publication order and the story chronology.
Old 2016-04-05, 10:20   Link #2898
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Didn't know Gate anime already had Season 2. Imma go and watch it right now

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 10:29   Link #2899
xShARkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Didn't know Gate anime already had Season 2. Imma go and watch it right now
It doesn't have a season 2.

The season 1 of the anime was a split cour, in other words, season 1 was divided into two parts but it's still one season only with 24 episodes.

On the Occident, places like crunchyroll and such started and are wrong calling the second cour of gate as a "season 2" when it should be "second cour".
Old 2016-04-05, 10:33   Link #2900
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
It doesn't have a season 2.

The season 1 of the anime was a split cour, in other words, season 1 was divided into two parts but it's still one season only with 24 episodes.

On the Occident, places like crunchyroll and such started and are wrong calling the second cour of gate as a "season 2" when it should be "second cour".
Still I haven't seen the second cour of Season 1 then. I saw a clip of the raid on of the capital in youtube and I was confused as I don't remember that scene the last time I watch Gate.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction