AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-20, 09:28   Link #2881
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Write faster This thread needs more Hayate love
Yes it does... but atm I try to concentrate on Memories of Blood and Sorrow.
But I still collect some nice Ideas for Nightfall. (I'm even working on the 'bossfights' already )

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha GuardianS

Chapter Nine—Decisions
Bluecheesum overdrive! Oo;

Nice choice of music and some tasty Yuunoha :3

Ah!
That reminds me... you wanted something translated right?
Sorry, I went off before you could say anything. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As for Keroko, while the profile is still in the works, I can leave you with this:

Spoiler for she still likes black:
awesome!
Old 2008-07-20, 10:42   Link #2882
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
If Coma is willing to let Nodoka pick up a stray puppy found within the Library before the events of Negima, I could work on the rest too.
Works for me, just make sure you run his history by me when he's finished so I can make proper adjustments and allowances for canon, 'kay?

Quote:
Same father, different mother. And ever since Kotarou showed up suddenly at Mahora, it is apparent they hate each other's guts.
Funny you should speak of siblings born of one father and two mothers...

Alex's character model is Gilgamesh from FSN, and in Classic and A's he strongly resembles Chibi-Gil from Hollow Ataraxia, but with slightly spikier hair and a rather different personality. Now fix that image in your mind, particularly his facial features.

Now who else do you know who has golden blond hair, deep crimson eyes, and--most importantly--a father who is completely unaccounted-for in-series?

Alexander Janus Gracia, and Fate Testarossa: victims of coincidence... or half-siblings?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:19   Link #2883
Jimmy C

Not Fate, Alicia

Quote:
As for Keroko, while the profile is still in the works, I can leave you with this:
I've been curious for some time now. You're an AMG fan, do you have a Keroko for AMG?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:33   Link #2884
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course there is an AMG Keroko. Nearly every anime I like has a Keroko.

Spoiler for It's only a tiny snippet, but its something:
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:38   Link #2885
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Not Fate, Alicia
Same difference. I'm trying to think of ways to work this into the story as a plot point/revelation of great significance or if it should just be strongly insinuated and let them go about their lives completely unawares of their familial connection to each other.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-20, 11:44   Link #2886
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Be very carefull with this Comar, the 'distant sibling' card is a recepy for Mary Sure waiting to happen.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-07-20 at 12:06.
Old 2008-07-20, 13:05   Link #2887
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
As long as he doesn't look like Inuyasha, I'm cool (I never did like his character design).

Spoiler for she still likes black:
Neither did I. I liked have already a character Seishoumaru Moriyama Shishio here as Suzuka's heartthrob, so that's about the limit for me.

Kouya's had several avatars going for him, and my choice was a were-wolfy kind of character... However, I decided to do someone some justice, and so Kouya is officially a fairer-skinned, more boyish and scrawnier Zafira, complete with big ears sticking out the sides. I also added/reinstated the theorized puppy form!

Other than that, the visual changes are minimal for easy visualization.

WTB pactio car--- wait. Unless making one with Nodoka is allowed... <.< / >.>

Just a few more bites I winged out:

Spoiler for Kouya battle synopsis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Works for me, just make sure you run his history by me when he's finished so I can make proper adjustments and allowances for canon, 'kay?
Sure! So far I got:
Spoiler for Kouya in 5 seconds:
Other details still missing, but I think this is the core gist of his purpose in the Negiverse side of things.

Quote:
Funny you should speak of siblings born of one father and two mothers...

Alex's character model is Gilgamesh from FSN, and in Classic and A's he strongly resembles Chibi-Gil from Hollow Ataraxia, but with slightly spikier hair and a rather different personality. Now fix that image in your mind, particularly his facial features.

Now who else do you know who has golden blond hair, deep crimson eyes, and--most importantly--a father who is completely unaccounted-for in-series?

Alexander Janus Gracia, and Fate Testarossa: victims of coincidence... or half-siblings?
And so do several of my OCs... Not a very strong justification imo.

Quote:

Spoiler for Random...:
Old 2008-07-20, 13:08   Link #2888
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Be very carefull with this Comar, the 'distant sibling' card is a recepy for Mary Sure waiting to happen.
I know, I've seen it done before several times. I don't know how--or even if--I'm going to insert it into the plot, but it's definitely not going to be "Surprise! I'm Fate/Alicia's long-lost half-brother come to save her from the evils Precia's inflicting on her!". Assume for the moment that when it comes unveiled, it'll be a huge shock to both of them and it won't come until Alex is firmly established as a decent non-Sue OC, which means probably sometime during A's at the absolute earliest.

Also, Kha... these Thousand Items, what are they exactly?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-20, 13:33   Link #2889
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:

Heh. This reminds me of my own little army of OCs for every anime I like.

In Negima, I had a older dark magic kinda guy that helped care for and trained Evangeline when she was still a wee little sprout and freshly indoctrinated into vampirism, his position similar to Zelretch and Arcuied. He makes a reappearance in modern times as a sealed chain-bound Dark Knight that could only become active via willing Pactio summoning. Strangely enough, Konoka and Yue somehow got the Pactio. Once that got established, he took a position in Mahora as a cynical, stand-offish, and sarcastic history teacher.

AMG...

Had a Death character. Second class Unlimited. 10-dimensional scythe. Close friends with, of all people, Skuld.
Old 2008-07-20, 19:48   Link #2890
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Muahahaha!!!

Spoiler for falcon...:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 19:55   Link #2891
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

10D Scythe is a sickass Phase weapon. Though I got to remember we're dealing with gods here.

Quote:
Also, Kha... these Thousand Items, what are they exactly?
At the moment, I have 2 ideas: one is a suit of armor made of 11 items (I counted wrong last night ) at 1 for each body part + 1 necklace and 2 rings; the other is basically, the Millenium Items from Yugioh (which was what gave me the idea for the other items after developing the Thousand Cross) renamed Thousand Items and redesigned so that they are more like devices.

Currently I'm leaning towards the second idea (Kouya'd then only have 1 item, the Cross), but the 1st is there because its more original... I think.

I'm also still deciding what they do, but at the height of the Khrack, I was thinking if Kouya later learnt how to fight using deck-based magic.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:07   Link #2892
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Deck-based, you say? Sounds like my planned port of Kinomoto Sakura, using cards like Carim's, but inscribed with pre-cast spell templates for rapid-fire casting spells of all sorts. A "jack" of all trades, if you will.

I like the second idea better, myself; it rings of those legendary artifacts someone (dkellis?) posted a few dozen pages back. Lots of potential for usage as plot devices. For instance, if I were to give one such item to Alex, Kouya would come into conflict with him and become a part of the central story as an antagonist, at least for a little while... no telling how long it'd take for him to get Befriended for trying to smack around Nanoha's lancer, but probably not very long.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:09   Link #2893
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
10D Scythe is a sickass Phase weapon. Though I got to remember we're dealing with gods here.

At the moment, I have 2 ideas: one is a suit of armor made of 11 items (I counted wrong last night ) at 1 for each body part + 1 necklace and 2 rings; the other is basically, the Millenium Items from Yugioh (which was what gave me the idea for the other items after developing the Thousand Cross) renamed Thousand Items and redesigned so that they are more like devices.

Currently I'm leaning towards the second idea (Kouya'd then only have 1 item, the Cross), but the 1st is there because its more original... I think.

I'm also still deciding what they do, but at the height of the Khrack, I was thinking if Kouya later learnt how to fight using deck-based magic.
If you actually made a deck-based style work, I'd take my hat off to you. (Assuming I wore hats. :3)
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 22:13   Link #2894
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Deck-based, you say? Sounds like my planned port of Kinomoto Sakura, using cards like Carim's, but inscribed with pre-cast spell templates for rapid-fire casting spells of all sorts. A "jack" of all trades, if you will.
Hmm... The first time I decided to make a deck-based combat system, it was based off Sakura in the first place.

And it would help if you don't point out how potentially powerful a thing is, but focus on its limits. People are allergic to power here.

Quote:
I like the second idea better, myself; it rings of those legendary artifacts someone (dkellis?) posted a few dozen pages back. Lots of potential for usage as plot devices. For instance, if I were to give one such item to Alex, Kouya would come into conflict with him and become a part of the central story as an antagonist, at least for a little while... no telling how long it'd take for him to get Befriended for trying to smack around Nanoha's lancer, but probably not very long.
Spoiler for A few shots from the hip...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
If you actually made a deck-based style work, I'd take my hat off to you. (Assuming I wore hats. :3)
I already have:
Spoiler for The Sakura Cards system used by Saber, Sankt Kaiser of Belka:
Oh and Kouya can only use cards in Humanoid or Worgen form. Beast form grants him great feral striking power, but at the cost of the cards.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:48   Link #2895
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Hmm... The first time I decided to make a deck-based combat system, it was based off Sakura in the first place.

And it would help if you don't point out how potentially powerful a thing is, but focus on its limits. People are allergic to power here.
You pretty much did the work for me there.

Though now that I think on it, Sakura shows a large number of traits of Negima Eastern-style mages, if you think of the cards' physical manifestations as being her "demons" and the cards as her talismans. Several of the cards have effects that subscribe to the "disorient and confuse" label common to eastern mage tactics; The Maze, The Illusion, The Dark, The Loop (an identical effect is used in the Negima manga during the Kyoto arc), and The Sleep in particular.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:01   Link #2896
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This is one of the fictionnal worlds that made me go

The amount of details poured in there is just stunning, at the point to make me swirl.
Indeed. Far out, that's a beautiful world. So Much detail
Quote:
I'm surprised, Actual content that is viable to be used two posts in a row! (Cards and the other Kha) Still a little rough and needs a little work but something that could really be dropped on the table to play with already. Hopefully you'll keep this up

@Cort: All I can really say is to take Kha's suggestion and work on melding one thing at a time. The concept behind it seems sound from what I've read, but I'm not going to be much help since I haven't read Negima and don't really plan to in the near future.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 23:29   Link #2897
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You pretty much did the work for me there.

Though now that I think on it, Sakura shows a large number of traits of Negima Eastern-style mages, if you think of the cards' physical manifestations as being her "demons" and the cards as her talismans. Several of the cards have effects that subscribe to the "disorient and confuse" label common to eastern mage tactics; The Maze, The Illusion, The Dark, The Loop (an identical effect is used in the Negima manga during the Kyoto arc), and The Sleep in particular.
Feel free to use it. It is a magical system in its own right after all!

That's because the Cards were an ingenious method of combining eastern Ofuda magic with traditional western. Clow's thinking and Ken Akamatsu matched at this point, but the spell card system actually predated Negima; I developed it during CCS, for one of my OCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
I'm surprised, Actual content that is viable to be used two posts in a row! (Cards and the other Kha) Still a little rough and needs a little work but something that could really be dropped on the table to play with already. Hopefully you'll keep this up
I dunnow whether to cheer or cry at this.

Now if only I knew what to improve it on really; all I have is ideas for future patches.

So far, the system kind of favors burst mages a lot; I'm trying to tweak the system so that other slower deck archetypes can come in. However, Control decks work very well for this system due to the fast counterspells a card mage can have.

Another point would be to include maybe a mana system so that I can add even more varied of strat, while restricting the type of magic cards the mage can have. But I don't want a mage with land cards floating all around them; its kind of... weird.
Old 2008-07-21, 05:25   Link #2898
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm surprised nobody commented on the big red Relic floating on front of Keroko on her Pactio card.

Quote:
WTB pactio car--- wait. Unless making one with Nodoka is allowed... <.< / >.>
Nodoka isn't a magistra, even now what little magic she has is limited at best, and channeled by Negi, so obviously not.

Quote:
Spoiler for Random...:
So her being exiled because she allied with the Demons was part of a greater plan?

Quote:
I know, I've seen it done before several times. I don't know how--or even if--I'm going to insert it into the plot, but it's definitely not going to be "Surprise! I'm Fate/Alicia's long-lost half-brother come to save her from the evils Precia's inflicting on her!". Assume for the moment that when it comes unveiled, it'll be a huge shock to both of them and it won't come until Alex is firmly established as a decent non-Sue OC, which means probably sometime during A's at the absolute earliest.
*scratches head* This does make me wonder why, though. I mean, pulling the distant sibling card is risky, even more so in the case of Fate (I've lost count how many OC's we've had that were 'distant relatives' of Fate).

It's the problem of wanting to make a character related to the most popular girl of the show: It's been done to death so many times its like an automatic Sue label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Muahahaha!!!

Spoiler for falcon...:
It's scary how much it actually computes.

Quote:
Why not? Cards are already canon after all.

Quote:

Spoiler for A few shots from the hip...:

I already have:
Oh and Kouya can only use cards in Humanoid or Worgen form. Beast form grants him great feral striking power, but at the cost of the cards.
Ahh, this reminds me of my Purple Mage in a Final Fantasy RPG. I see no problems with this card system, a nice combination of canon cards and creativity.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-07-21 at 05:43.
Old 2008-07-21, 05:55   Link #2899
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know. I am thinking that Fate MAY not make a big deal of it. She is a clone of Alicia, sure. But the hidden sibling part may have worked IF she has both Alicia's memories AND personality, like a Ghola from the Dune books.

Sadly, or rather fortunately, it's not the case. And the most one could hope from a "Fate, I am YOUR father" scene would be a "lolwut? Yeah, right, whatever..." kind of reaction from Fate. She has grown up used to the idea and mindset that she is Fate, NOT Alicia, and that's good enough for her.

However, I do agree that the "Fate's distant relative" card has been played way too much, to the point that it become as expected as Ryu throwing fireballs at you.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 06:24   Link #2900
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Comparing Keroko's pactio to the other pactio's, I found one or two minor errors, here's the new, fixed version:

Spoiler for Keroko's pactio:

For people who are going to make pactio cards, note that the title needs to be all-caps.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content