Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 13:47   Link #2901
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In Star Trek, the computer voice was that of Majel Roddenberry (who played Nurse Chapel in the original series and later played Lwaxana Troi in Next Generation, and voiced the feline 'catgirl' M'ress in the animated series). She voiced the role of the computer's voice in every Trek presentation for 40+ years, including the computer voice in this spring's "retcon" of Star Trek.
(Majel Roddenberry:: 1932-2008).

Spoiler for off topic fun trivia fact about Majel:
That's a very interesting bit. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 2009-06-27, 02:40   Link #2902
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Why is that the lady's voice (before the beginning of the animes) announcing who the sponsors are, is always the same?
I've got a feeling (although this isn't based upon anything but assumption) that there are probably a few people who do the voices who just sound similar due to voice training. Similar to how you'll find radio DJs all over the country who all sound exactly the same because they're all trained in exactly the same way.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 08:46   Link #2903
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Hey guys.

I'm a little bit worried about the reactions I have started to show when someone touches my back. For example, a person who accidently makes contact while passing my back and say their elbow barely tips me; my reaction is that I jump when I felt it. Sorta like a nerve...? I really dunno.

It all occured when in college, I was on a construction programme when it first started happening.

It's kinda silly now since I haven't had anyone touch my back, and have finished up for summer. Plus it hasen't really occurred recently either.

So my question is: Can anyone explain why this happens?
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 11:22   Link #2904
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
It could be something as simple as growing pains or at worst it could be fibromyalgia. Don't really know much about the latter except that it's not life threatening, but you should see a doctor.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 19:02   Link #2905
Rab
UG'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
It could be something as simple as growing pains or at worst it could be fibromyalgia. Don't really know much about the latter except that it's not life threatening, but you should see a doctor.
It can't be Fibromyalgia because I don't feel pain when my back is barely touched.

I done tons of Bricklaying and I had to bend my back mostly, then in the first week my back was sore but gradually eased up. But then it started happening about a couple of months into the programme, so maybe I'll seek advice from my doctor.
Old 2009-06-30, 02:45   Link #2906
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
it could be a reflex that you've developed over the years, not certain how to explain this but when you do certain things often your body will remember that (or when things are done to you), maybe when in highschool you were very nervous or cautious when people would ask for your attention, or you got scared a lot in this way =P
it isn't anything mentally, that I will tell from the start it is basically your body remembering something from back then that it hasn't yet forgotten and out of experience I can tell that it will very slowly go away if you let it. It has become a reflex over the years, but certain reflexes (that aren't supposed to exist) can be unlearned
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 06:21   Link #2907
Rab
UG'er

That's a possibility right there. Thanks for your answer, mate. I think it might just be the nerves in my back, reflexes for certain situations from previous work in Bricklaying and Plastering; I was bending my back mostly. Manual handling also.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:20   Link #2908
WhiteWings

Okay I have two silly (or myabe just stupid) questions to ask.

I've just been watching some anime and wondered two things:
  1. I am not a girl so I wonder if it is uncomfortable for a well-endowed girl to lie faceforward compared to a flat-chested girl or a guy. Or would be more comfortable?
  2. Also, how often or how easily does nosebleeds triggered by the sights that seem to occur a lot in some types of animes. I know it's not impossible and probably not that common but how common is it?

I know it's stupid but I always wondered but kept forgetting to ask someone I know about it.
Old 2009-07-01, 04:51   Link #2909
FateAnomaly

Dunno about 1 but for 2 i am pretty sure it almost never happens.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 05:32   Link #2910
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
I am not a girl so I wonder if it is uncomfortable for a well-endowed girl to lie faceforward compared to a flat-chested girl or a guy. Or would be more comfortable?
Hmm......

Quote:
Also, how often or how easily does nosebleeds triggered by the sights that seem to occur a lot in some types of animes. I know it's not impossible and probably not that common but how common is it?
It never happens. You'd get excited you-know-where, but it's highly unlikely you'd get a nosebleed. The joke stems from the idea that if you're a hot-blooded male, erotic thoughts would send an overwhelming rush of blood to your head. But that's fiction, not fact. (Blood does rush somewhere, especially down below, but certainly not in such quantities as to burst out your nose.)
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:30   Link #2911
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

I suppose you mean lying on the ground?
with bigger breasts it can hurt I think, I know out of experience of you press all your weight down forward that it will certainly hurt, last time I've been lied face forward on the ground was ages ago. if you mean in bed then no it doesn't cause of your nice a comfy bed but on the ground it would
Old 2009-07-02, 01:52   Link #2912
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Is it safe to wash a meat thermometer in the same water as your dishes? I'm just wondering if you can end up having mercury leeching out or anything.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 02:11   Link #2913
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Is it safe to wash a meat thermometer in the same water as your dishes? I'm just wondering if you can end up having mercury leeching out or anything.
In general, such devices are sealed units so there is as much chance of Mercury leaking during it being washed as there is then you use it to test the tempurature of the meat. In other words, unless you think the unit is broken (casing cracked for example) then it is safe to wash it.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 04:20   Link #2914
killer911
Hikikomori

Is there a way to remove the volume restriction on your Ipod nano 5th gen?
killer911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 19:29   Link #2915
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
It's fine it stick it in the dishwasher, unless the thermometer is very very old I doubt it has any mercury in it, they stopped putting mercury in thermometers a while ago.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 02:52   Link #2916
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Depending on the construction of the thermometer it might be more prudent to simply hand wash it. In addition to the constant high heat and moisture, most dishwashing cleaners are abrasive by design, unlike traditional hand washing soap which is designed to be foamy and softer on your hands. You could damage the thermometer over an extended period of time.
Old 2009-07-09, 08:10   Link #2917
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Stocking?

Most anime females ( e.g. Lunamaria ) wear some kind of foot garment...

Is that a long sock or tights or a stocking ???

e.g.

Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 10:11   Link #2918
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Question: What is the basic (standard) hierarchy in a anime studio and in short what are each responsible for?
Old 2009-07-09, 13:40   Link #2919
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

a silly question I was wondering about while packing for my holiday tomorrow D:
its about calling to someone in another country, for example I know the number for Great Britain is 44, but I am a little confused about the international number, if I were to call this person do I have to dial 0044 (followed by the phone number itself)?

(00 is the international number for this country if I am correct)
Old 2009-07-09, 16:40   Link #2920
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
a silly question I was wondering about while packing for my holiday tomorrow D:
its about calling to someone in another country, for example I know the number for Great Britain is 44, but I am a little confused about the international number, if I were to call this person do I have to dial 0044 (followed by the phone number itself)?

(00 is the international number for this country if I am correct)
I'm pretty sure you don't have to dial the 00. Though the 44 is necessary. In my experience from calling Shanghai's, I've only needed to dial China's international number, 011, and I think Shanghai's thing, 86. So I'd only have add the 01186 to the beginning of the number. That maybe wrong...

At any rate you won't need this country's int'l code.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious