AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 11:48   Link #2901
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

any discussing this discussing that aint wee all missing a small picture here???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:35   Link #2902
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Except the DL(HOTD is licensed) and Manga(has it's own thread).

Also I think we need also a compilation of the zombie images in HOTD. They're also much the main reason why I was interested in watching this/ 2nd is the ecchi and that's pretty much given. Hey looky! Rei, Hiyashi and Saeko Zombies! Probaby the spiky haired one is the classmate of Takashi that was bitten earlier. This is probably the first zombiefied image I've seen of 2 of main characters.

Spoiler for NSFW blood gore:

Also if ever this gets a sub forum I'd like it to have a "What IF" thread. Since there are pretty much many what if's here. Rei and Takashi relationship. What if the guy with Shizuka Sensei in the nurses room made it 3 main guys instead of 2? What if Shizuka stayed with Shido? What if Takashi messed up and blown t he gas station? What if the crazed man got away with Takashi's bike? What if one of them was bitten early in the series? What if our main characters become zombies and so on....
Old 2010-08-15, 12:37   Link #2903
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I agree.

It's pretty complicated really.

If I were Takashi, I'd rather look towards a certain swordswoman in the group.
Agreed 100%.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:40   Link #2904
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
Also if ever this gets a sub forum I'd like it to have a "What IF" thread. Since there are pretty much many what if's here. Rei and Takashi relationship. What if the guy with Shizuka Sensei in the nurses room made it 3 main guys instead of 2? What if Shizuka stayed with Shido? What if Takashi messed up and blown t he gas station? What if the crazed man got away with Takashi's bike? What if one of them was bitten early in the series? What if our main characters become zombies and so on....
Apparently nearly 3000 posts filled with images, character discussion, "what if"s and episode discussions are only worthy of a sub-forum if you have girls with sexy messy hair in the plot

I would also like to have some "what if" discussions and to talk a bit about some of the characters (like people have been doing with Rei) but if everyone does that this thread will get out of hand. It's already hard enough to follow as it is for people like me who don't watch the episode right away, let alone if even more side discussions about the show were to erupt.

Anyway can't wait for the next episode. That dog really had to go barking at them? Couldn't he just cower in fear somewhere or something?
Old 2010-08-15, 12:47   Link #2905
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Well since many like to see the relationship of the characters with one another particularly the "mysterious" Takashi x Rei broken promise and later on re-kindled. Others are also talking about guns, there's a zombie Apocalypse thread, people that follow the anime, some that post here about the manga, image posting like yours truly does...etc.

That dog is a brave dog! Small but brave! I'd make him a pet in an instant I see him. Though not in a zombie field world! XD
Old 2010-08-15, 13:03   Link #2906
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
^
Except the DL(HOTD is licensed) and Manga(has it's own thread).

Also I think we need also a compilation of the zombie images in HOTD. They're also much the main reason why I was interested in watching this/ 2nd is the ecchi and that's pretty much given. Hey looky! Rei, Hiyashi and Saeko Zombies! Probaby the spiky haired one is the classmate of Takashi that was bitten earlier. This is probably the first zombiefied image I've seen of 2 of main characters.

Spoiler for NSFW blood gore:

actually you pretty much nailed it >_< anyway have to wonder will some cameos make na apperance
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 13:14   Link #2907
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
This thread's getting out of hand again...
Indeed, the discussion has gone into the gutter over the last few pages. But, then again, what can you expect from a series that features boobs, guns and lots of blood?

By that, I'm not implying that it's inherently wrong to speculate the way we have but that, given the nature of the source material, such discussions would inevitably take certain directions. Some might call it otaku rage; I see it, simply, as human nature.

To be sure, I would be surprised if either Daisuke Satou (writer) or Shouji Satou (artist) had actually put much thought into developing their characters, beyond making the girls obvious pin-up material. This is not to say the characters can't be analysed, but rather an admission that we aren't really given much material to examine them at depth (I don't mean ogling the girls' assets, obviously).

So, in the absence of such information, imaginations take over. The speculations are interesting, to me, not because of what they purport to reveal about the characters, but because of what they reveal about people — us — in general. That characters like Saeko would be instantly popular with many viewers comes as no surprise to me, because she represents an ideal that rarely exists in real life, if at all.

She's smart, calm and collected, and highly skilled. She cooks and has a fabulous body, and knows when to stroke the male ego and when to submit to male authority. In short, she's the ultimate in male wish-fulfilment. She's perfect in almost every way.

And that's why she's instantly boring to me. "Perfect" characters, from Teresa of Claymore to Horo of Spice & Wolf and Haruka of KGNE all too arbitrarily good to be true. Beyond acknowledging that they are good, there's nothing much about them worth discussing, because they are "perfect" in every way. They have no flaws to ponder over, no humanising aspect that allows a viewer to relate to them on a personal level. They are, in short, boring in the same way that Superman is boring as a comic-book superhero.

Perhaps Saeko will acquire a human dimension in the future. But, for now, she's just someone you'd put on a pedestal. An idol, no more. On the other hand, the fact that viewers manage to find the spleen to drag Rei and Takashi through the mud reflects their effectiveness as dramatic devices.

Rei gets people fuming. Now, that's interesting. Because, in her, we see reflections of people we don't like in real life, aspects of ourselves we don't want to see. I mean, for every guy who wonders why Takashi couldn't have simply been more of a "guy", there is probably someone out there who wishes to forget how he found it hard to admit his feelings for a girl.

And there may be others who unconsciously wish to forget how feelings of inadequacy make them doubt their ability to love others whole-heartedly. There may yet be others who worry that, if they were to confess such feelings, a cherished friendship may be irrevocably ruined.

We watch shows like HOTD because we enjoy our fantasies. We don't want to be reminded of our human frailty, but seek to revel in the glory of heroism. All this is fair, because that is what HOTD sets itself up to be, an escapist adventure that doesn't take itself too seriously, even if its fans might.

I too enjoy the thrills, obviously, or I wouldn't be watching this show. But, at the same time, it's also as enjoyable for me to mull over the presentation of a society in rapid decay as it is to observe the kinds of baser emotions the story provokes.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 13:20   Link #2908
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
^
Well since many like to see the relationship of the characters with one another particularly the "mysterious" Takashi x Rei broken promise and later on re-kindled.
Haha, I'm not so sure about that.

I've been to a couple of HotD forums outside of this one, and you'd be surprised. A lot of criticisms thrown here and there, back and forth (even in here), and a lot of people wish to see to the story develop differently. Sometimes, I agree with some of them; sometimes I don't.

I certainly would like to see more of their past in order to get some things answered, but a sweet childhood love story this ain't. A lot of past baggage and all that. A zombie apocalypse can give rise to many possibilities in terms of character development and messed up situations, and that's fine with me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 13:28   Link #2909
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The main reason why I watched HOTD is because I LOVE ZOMBIES!!! ARRRHHHH.....Guuuuuuhhh~~~!!!! The gore factor is another, but as I see in the tv release the ecchi is the only part that is not cut, probably the nipples, but non the less the blood is black unless it's from our heroes. No brains, intestine, spla except the teacher who committed suicide and the head drilling! Man I need to see that bloody scene!

Also it's human nature why we watch stuff not just anime, but others too it's freedom from daily life boredom at work and school.

Now looking for zombie images.............

Quote:
and a lot of people wish to see to the story develop differently
One reason why we need a "WHAT IF" speculations if we ever get a sub forum.
Iam more interested in What If there are more survivors like the guy Saeko killed where in she said die as a human or a zombie and possible deaths.
Old 2010-08-15, 14:51   Link #2910
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Agreed 100%.
Me three! Saeko>Rei.

Oh and Hirano>Takahashi.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 15:00   Link #2911
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

You know, I call dibs on writing a High School of the Dead/Marvel Zombies crossover one of these days. The main writing block I find with it is most of the action at MZ was set at New York City, while HSotD takes place at Japan.

But for some reason, something along the times of the High School gang having to escape Zombie Deadpool fills me with tons of writing glee.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 15:05   Link #2912
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
This anime will become memorable for its ecchi and not for its story or characters. Or the so-called angst amongst random people during the crisis. They are there for 5 minutes; who cares; bring out the hooter pillows.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 15:07   Link #2913
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
One reason why we need a "WHAT IF" speculations if we ever get a sub forum.
Iam more interested in What If there are more survivors like the guy Saeko killed where in she said die as a human or a zombie and possible deaths.
That's simply called fanfiction, which can be expanded with either an attempt at the fan creation area, or the numerous fan fiction sites you can find on the web.

In a way, it would have been much more practical for speculations etc, if the backstory and the context were more fleshed out than plain presentation of "no so innocent" assets.
Thus far, you can even speculate any kind of origin for the disease, to the point it doesn't even matter in the end.
Old 2010-08-15, 15:23   Link #2914
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
Me three! Saeko>Rei.

Oh and Hirano>Takahashi
I disagree here. I think they are both equal in their own way. They both have strengths and weaknesses, and both would be welcome in my party in such a scenario, as I know I could trust both of them when all hell broke loose. I hope they both get what they deserve in the female departments. (Go Saya and Saeko!)
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 17:53   Link #2915
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

*Settles down* Yeah I know. They're both recognizable men for their strengths and weaknesses. Let me be a bit more ignorantly excited lol. Anyways, I'm practically biased on Hirano due the fact he uses guns and he's kinda funny. Takahashi is practically the good guy....which is always admirable. But, that's all I know about him. Where as Hirano actually got some background on what he's about. Takahashi is only known that he and Rei have some personal relationship beef or whatever. Anyways, my attention for now wishes to see more Saeko goodness. End of humble ramble.
Old 2010-08-15, 17:58   Link #2916
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
*Settles down* Yeah I know. They're both recognizable men for their strengths and weaknesses. Let me be a bit more ignorantly excited lol. Anyways, I'm practically biased on Hirano due the fact he uses guns and he's kinda funny. Takahashi is practically the good guy....which is always admirable. But, that's all I know about him. Where as Hirano actually got some background on what he's about. Takahashi is only known that he and Rei have some personal relationship beef or whatever. Anyways, my attention for now wishes to see more Saeko goodness. End of humble ramble.
I would have thought that Takashi was the group leader basically since he sorta did get everyone to join forces (although there were many people who suggested that also) Takashi can also make group teamwork improve by 100% (If you the remember the bridge battle scene)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 18:01   Link #2917
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

*shrugs* It's to be expected of the good leader. To bring people together and tell the 411. That's good ol' Takahashi for ya. But what else do we know of him besides his beef with Rei?
Old 2010-08-15, 18:07   Link #2918
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
This anime will become memorable for its ecchi and not for its story or characters. Or the so-called angst amongst random people during the crisis. They are there for 5 minutes; who cares; bring out the hooter pillows.
To be honest, HOTD is well done mostly because it create the right atmosphere. (btw, that is also why I don't like the action scene in ep 5, as the over the top actions destroy the atmosphere). There are shows way more ecchi which is less memorable. But I do agree that it is not that deep for its story or characters or angst, mainly because the author/ director already told us who to like and who not to like. There is no room for discussions.

For example, when Rei tried to left Shido to die, we the audience think "there has to be a reason for Rei to hate Shido so much (because Shido is scum and Rei is good)" When the kid on the bus picked a fight with Takashi, we side with Takashi and called that kid retard, stupid among other things (because we know Takashi is "good"). In short, HOTD has too much "we know" rather than plot revealed "truth"

Given the series explanation thus far, I fail to see how Rei is different from that kid.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 18:08   Link #2919
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
*shrugs* It's to be expected of the good leader. To bring people together and tell the 411. That's good ol' Takahashi for ya. But what else do we know of him besides his beef with Rei?
Hmm I suppose thats all we know of Takashi in total was that he was best friends with Hisashi and was in love with Rei since they were children....

But its still pretty early to make any suggestions... Even though half of what the directors are going to make is posted (6 episodes) I'm very positive they will give Takashi more details later on when they give the other characters details first.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 21:05   Link #2920
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm more interested in Saya getting development. She's the only one not wielding a weapon and could get left by the wayside since this is an action title. I want to see what made her so insecure.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse