AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 22:54   Link #2921
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I'd accept them having took chances if the main character didn't have the screen-time of a minor character in his own story.

And it's really only pissing off a small minority of people Tsuzuki probably doesn't even know about.
Indeed, we are so not the core audience, and sales figures for the movie as well as the manga series suggest that Tsuzuki does know how to pander to that otaku demographic.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:02   Link #2922
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
If they're showing off a new outfit in the most fanservicey way possible to make people like it since it's different, then that's just bad. That's all I meant.
It seems you're under the impression that this image is somehow different than the many other pull outs that are in these magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

Bwahaha! Oh that's rich! I'll believe that when Tsuzuki actually has the guts to have one of the Three Aces either kill someone (and not in a Disney Villain death kind of way) or gets killed (not wounded, killed. None of that Plot Armor stuff. As long as there's no death certificate and a shot of the character vaporized or given a real burial, I'm not buying it)

I said "no one is safe", not "anyone can die."

When Signum first showed up, did anyone think she'd be nearly killed chapters later? No. When Hayate was stabbed by Curren, everyone was flipping out. They wouldn't have reacted that way before. When Erio, Vita, and Isis were taken down, people were actually concerned about them. Before it would just be a shrug and a "I'm sure they'll be fine" but now it's "... They're not getting back up... They'll get back up, right?!"

Quote:
I'd accept them having took chances if the main character didn't have the screen-time of a minor character in his own story.
Thoma's had ample amounts of screen time and has always been the driving force of the story.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:11   Link #2923
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
When Signum first showed up, did anyone think she'd be nearly killed chapters later? No. When Hayate was stabbed by Curren, everyone was flipping out. They wouldn't have reacted that way before. When Erio, Vita, and Isis were taken down, people were actually concerned about them. Before it would just be a shrug and a "I'm sure they'll be fine" but now it's "... They're not getting back up... They'll get back up, right?!"
Just what "people" are you representing as here? Because when Hayate and Vita got KO'd my thought, aside from "there goes Wolkenritter team again", was "meh, they'll be fine. Plot Armor."

The only "danger" here was the risk of getting put into the bus.

And like you've mentioned a few times before, there are similarities between the first few chapters of Force and the first two episodes of A's, so I don't see much "taking chances" or "pushing the envelope" either.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:12   Link #2924
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A's didn't have massacred towns and dead nuns.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:13   Link #2925
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

People here, mostly. Hell, we still got people raging about what happened to Signum. Just goes to show how much of an impact it's had.

And having a male as the lead of a magic girl title (and not have him turn into a girl) is pretty envelop pushing.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:14   Link #2926
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
A's didn't have massacred towns and dead nuns.
I wasn't the one trying to defend the events of Force with the "what are you guys complaining about? Same thing happened in A's!"

And yes. Never forget the nuns.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:15   Link #2927
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Of all those examples, only Signum had any real shock to it, and that's just because she hasn't been in the story since it happened. The others were revealed to be fine as soon as possible afterward, because Tsuzuki has no balls. Signum's case is only because he assumed she wasn't very popular.

Quote:
And having a male as the lead of a magic girl title (and not have him turn into a girl) is pretty envelop pushing.
...if female characters didn't steal the spotlight from him for several months, during which he did nothing. Again, no balls.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:50   Link #2928
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Just because Thoma wasn't on screen the whole time doesn't mean the spotlight was taken from him. He even managed to prevent Nanoha from befriending him.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:51   Link #2929
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
How is complaining about what a character wears not nitpicking? The outfit has absolutely no impact to the story or quality thereof. You're just making mountains out of mole hills.
Tell that to the girls of Rosario to Vampire or Ikkitousen or Queen's Blade xDU

Quote:
Thoma's had ample amounts of screen time and has always been the driving force of the story.
More like the driving McGuffin of the story. Only recently he started to have real impact as a character, before that he was treated more like a trophy everyone wants to win.

Quote:
And it's really only pissing off a small minority of people Tsuzuki probably doesn't even know about.
Quote:
Of all those examples, only Signum had any real shock to it, and that's just because she hasn't been in the story since it happened. The others were revealed to be fine as soon as possible afterward, because Tsuzuki has no balls. Signum's case is only because he assumed she wasn't very popular.
Yup, even the man himself express surprise after finding that Signum do have some fans xDU. Fortunately some good fanfictions portraying Signum dealing whit these kind of issues were been writed on the fanfiction thread, because i expect nothing more from the manga than "Signum awakes, grab new toy, destroy a some bunchs of mooks and try to look cool". I already now that it will be Nanoha, Subaru and the new characters the ones that will defeat all the significant opponents.

EDIT:

Quote:
Just because Thoma wasn't on screen the whole time doesn't mean the spotlight was taken from him. He even managed to prevent Nanoha from befriending him.
The Book is the one who prevents Nanoha from preventing Tohma, aside from the Divide Zero and the warning he gaves to Fortis, everything else was he being puppeted by the book.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 23:56   Link #2930
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Eh, too drastic. Mostly people are decent and it's only in regards to certain topics where posts can get a little tiresome. Ignoring people would mean you'd miss out on what they contribute at other times.

I do have Akiyoshi's sig blocked, though, if only because it's incredibly childish and slightly irritating.
Wait, you can block specific signatures? How?

Hmm...
Old 2011-06-30, 00:00   Link #2931
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
anime expo is childish?

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 00:02   Link #2932
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
anime expo is childish?
He was referring to when Akiyoshi had that ridiculous "Worfday" signature about Signum.
Old 2011-06-30, 00:02   Link #2933
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
ah that yeah, i just ignored it

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 00:02   Link #2934
Justin_Brett

Quote:
The Book did that. He was basically doing nothing for several chapters - or at least, if he was trying to fight from inside, we didn't get to see it. That could have been Character Development.

And yeah that sig was awful.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 00:03   Link #2935
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
I do have Akiyoshi's sig blocked, though, if only because it's incredibly childish and slightly irritating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
anime expo is childish?
I think Raiser is refering to my "Signum bashing" signatures xD! The one with the Anime EXPO is very recent(i edited my sig yesterday after confirming my assistance xD).

EDIT: ARGH! Triple Ninja'd xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-30, 00:04   Link #2936
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Tell that to the girls of Rosario to Vampire or Ikkitousen or Queen's Blade xDU
Counterpoint: Ar Tonelico.

Quote:
More like the driving McGuffin of the story. Only recently he started to have real impact as a character, before that he was treated more like a trophy everyone wants to win.
That's what driving force of the story means.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 00:08   Link #2937
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
That's what driving force of the story means.
Oh, good to know, so driving force of the story doesen't equal good main character.

We learn something new everyday xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-30, 00:37   Link #2938
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Wait, you can block specific signatures? How?

Hmm...
Go to the Edit Options page in the user CP scroll down to Thread Display Options and it's the last field.

Well if Akiyoshi changed his sig then I guess I'll unblock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Oh, good to know, so driving force of the story doesen't equal good main character.

We learn something new everyday xD!
Doesn't necessarily, but Thoma is a fine main character. The story is still about him so his status hasn't changed. It's stuff like what happened to Shinn, where he became completely inconsequentual to the main story, that you need to watch out for.
Old 2011-06-30, 00:38   Link #2939
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Fine, then remember this picture?

So this means we'll be seeing Nanoha in Isis's barrier jacket, right?!
Mmn, I wouldn't mind seeing Nanoha throwing down in that. Oh, and Tiresias, could you kindly show me the source image you used for your sig? Thanks!
Old 2011-06-30, 00:44   Link #2940
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Doesn't necessarily, but Thoma is a fine main character. The story is still about him so his status hasn't changed. It's stuff like what happened to Shinn, where he became completely inconsequentual to the main story, that you need to watch out for.
Yup, i also like the boy and think he's a good character it's only that i find his developement lacking before Ch. 16 when he finally have a chance to act as himself again, we spent around a full year of seeing him in "loco" mode and finally we can hear his real opinions and descicions as also how he will react to all the stuff happening around him. I don't like when main characters don't have the chance to act like, well ...characters(it reminds me of Jaden when he turns evil in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, that was an awfull arc).

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force