AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-09, 16:53   Link #2921
zetsubo666

Overall I enjoy this series but it does irk me when the author exaggerates character's powers like Izayoi having the power to destroy a star with a punch. Since its pretty clear he can't do that. The first proper glimpse of his true power was shown near the end of volume 6 when he performed a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Highness, his punches are powerful no doubt, but its not even close to destroying a star. This makes it rather difficult to analyse how strong some characters are. In some ways it makes me wish this series had gotten a second season as it would give me and other fellow fans more understanding of their power levels.

Also is there any news on when the next volume comes out? Since Mondaiji only released 2 last year when its usually 3 and its now been over 6 months since the last volume came out which is the biggest break so far.
zetsubo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 17:52   Link #2922
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubo666 View Post
Overall I enjoy this series but it does irk me when the author exaggerates character's powers like Izayoi having the power to destroy a star with a punch. Since its pretty clear he can't do that. The first proper glimpse of his true power was shown near the end of volume 6 when he performed a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Highness, his punches are powerful no doubt, but its not even close to destroying a star. This makes it rather difficult to analyse how strong some characters are. In some ways it makes me wish this series had gotten a second season as it would give me and other fellow fans more understanding of their power levels.

Also is there any news on when the next volume comes out? Since Mondaiji only released 2 last year when its usually 3 and its now been over 6 months since the last volume came out which is the biggest break so far.
When he says he's got the strength to destroy stars it means his another Cosmology.

With it he did destroy an entire dimension and that is a big enough feat to prove it.

Though his punches alone can't destroy stars yet but his Another Cosmology can.

Maybe in the future he might be able to destroy stars with punches.

IDK.

Also, in the past Shiroyasha hailed as the Geocentric Model but she is merely the 10th strongest in little garden.

In other words the strongest 2 digit.

The top tiers are above Goku level if that can help you gauge their powers.
Old 2015-02-09, 18:35   Link #2923
Dragoon Luna

Quote:

As I stalked twitter I can say April 1st is when volume 12 comes out!

And I am kind of hoping the release of this blu ray mega box set will help to make Diomedea decide if a season 2 is possible....though fromwhat i understand an anime costs close to 140k per episode and takes up to 3 years to make...and yes this is for a 1 cour.....then again Fairy Tail makes episodes on a weekly basis....
Dragoon Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 20:06   Link #2924
versionf

Quote:

Aside from mistranslation in the quote posted before you I don't recall anything about his punch destroying stars, you see the limit of his punch at vol 2. But Azi Dahaka did it because he's awesome.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 01:23   Link #2925
XFire
150% done

Quote:

You know Shiroyaha nukes an entire constellation (which included a galaxy cluster in it), right? Destroying stars isn't exactly out of the question here.
Old 2015-02-10, 04:45   Link #2926
EXTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
You know Shiroyaha nukes an entire constellation (which included a galaxy cluster in it), right? Destroying stars isn't exactly out of the question here.
When did she do it? But he/she is talking about izayoi not shiroyasha but i do hope that the authors exaggerating comes true come true.
EXTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 05:39   Link #2927
Haru00

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Aside from mistranslation in the quote posted before you I don't recall anything about his punch destroying stars, you see the limit of his punch at vol 2. But Azi Dahaka did it because he's awesome.
wait so this is a mistranslation on bakatsuki?
''Unable to determine the quality of the three-headed dragon, even Izayoi's fist which could destroy the stars did not stir the dragon up''

and here I thought the author was trying to tell us that Izayoi can bust a star with his fists when not holding back.
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 12:26   Link #2928
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTER View Post
When did she do it? But he/she is talking about izayoi not shiroyasha but i do hope that the authors exaggerating comes true come true.
She knocks the Perseus constellation out of the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru00 View Post
wait so this is a mistranslation on bakatsuki?
''Unable to determine the quality of the three-headed dragon, even Izayoi's fist which could destroy the stars did not stir the dragon up''

and here I thought the author was trying to tell us that Izayoi can bust a star with his fists when not holding back.
No. He was serious. Azi Dahaka is as strong or stronger than Shiroyasha who can rearrange the skies on a whim. Star busting isn't going to cut it with him.
Old 2015-02-10, 13:17   Link #2929
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
She knocks the Perseus constellation out of the sky.

No. He was serious. Azi Dahaka is as strong or stronger than Shiroyasha who can rearrange the skies on a whim. Star busting isn't going to cut it with him.
Wait so it was Shiroyasha who knocked out the constellation? I thought it was a God of stars or something! Like Asteria from Greek Myth or Zeus or even Athena.
Old 2015-02-10, 13:26   Link #2930
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon Luna View Post
Wait so it was Shiroyasha who knocked out the constellation? I thought it was a God of stars or something! Like Asteria from Greek Myth or Zeus or even Athena.
It was Shiroyaha. To be fair, she's stronger than most of the gods put together.
Old 2015-02-10, 13:35   Link #2931
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
It was Shiroyaha. To be fair, she's stronger than most of the gods put together.
And that's her being in weakened form. She was regarded as the geocentric model in the past. Not anymore but she is still epicly strong.
Old 2015-02-10, 13:57   Link #2932
STR1KE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muryai View Post

Also, in the past Shiroyasha hailed as the Geocentric Model but she is merely the 10th strongest in little garden.

In other words the strongest 2 digit.

The top tiers are above Goku level if that can help you gauge their powers.
You just said merely right?Are you out of your mind?!?!?

Anyway just wanted to ask this since it wasn't answered in my previous post.Shiroyasha was a demon lord when she was the 10th strongest in LG right?Who the heck were Thousand Eyes?I think for a four digit community to defeat a 2 digit demon lord.....

Oh amd where's Azi GARhaka's level in LG(what do you guys think?)?
STR1KE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 17:22   Link #2933
Morning Star
Fallen Angel

Wait, wasn't Shiroyasha a 3 digit ?

And I have read in the forum that was the Twin Goddesses Alpha and Omega, from the banner of the Thousand Eyes, that defeat her so they can be possible one of the 9 that are strong than Shiroyasha or it was just as the fight against Azi Dahaka were beings weak than him fought together to defeat him
Morning Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 17:41   Link #2934
dedecou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrezon View Post
You just said merely right?Are you out of your mind?!?!?

Anyway just wanted to ask this since it wasn't answered in my previous post.Shiroyasha was a demon lord when she was the 10th strongest in LG right?Who the heck were Thousand Eyes?I think for a four digit community to defeat a 2 digit demon lord.....

Oh amd where's Azi GARhaka's level in LG(what do you guys think?)?
It seems like he is stronger than Shiroyasha and it needs a army of wargods just to seal him.

Well, he is a Last Trial of Humanity.
dedecou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 17:58   Link #2935
Zefyris
図書館狼

That's not correct.
1) Azi is stronger than the current Shiroyasha, and not the Shiroyasha who destroyed that "constellation" back in the day. Shiroyasha is still amazingly strong now that she recovered the power that she sealed away, but that's nothing compared to what she was a long time ago, as she explained it already.
2) In the little garden , defeating gods or stellar spirits related to constellation /stars can change the sky, wiping out constellation or changing them. As such,when it is said tha Shiroyasha destroyed a constellation, it doesn't mean that she blasted away a constellation with her power, but that she defeated the god/spirits related to that constellation, destroying it with them. This link between the stars and their representatives was something that was explained as soon as the 1st volume of this series. You may want to read it back if you forgot it.

As such, not a single character in Mondaiji has the power to destroy stars directly. Everything said concerning Izayoi's strength and speed are hyperboles. He cannot destroy a star (not even a continent in fact, lest alone a planet, since Izayoi's hand was destroyed by throwing a punch at Azi BECAUSE he had the masse of a CONTINENT) and doesn't move higher than mach 10, that's all.
High level inhabitants (2 and 1 mostly) are mostly life wiper however. It seems that them living in the normal little garden would be enough to wipe out life of most of the little garden by their sheer presence as high gods and the like.
Old 2015-02-10, 21:14   Link #2936
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
That's not correct.
1) Azi is stronger than the current Shiroyasha, and not the Shiroyasha who destroyed that "constellation" back in the day. Shiroyasha is still amazingly strong now that she recovered the power that she sealed away, but that's nothing compared to what she was a long time ago, as she explained it already.
2) In the little garden , defeating gods or stellar spirits related to constellation /stars can change the sky, wiping out constellation or changing them. As such,when it is said tha Shiroyasha destroyed a constellation, it doesn't mean that she blasted away a constellation with her power, but that she defeated the god/spirits related to that constellation, destroying it with them. This link between the stars and their representatives was something that was explained as soon as the 1st volume of this series. You may want to read it back if you forgot it.
Whoa whoa whoa Shiroyasha was nowhere near as strong as she currently is when the Perseus constellation was taken down. She had that [Divinity] and it decreased her strength, and now that she has given it back she has most, if not all, of her original strength back.

Granted I have NOT read volume 1 completely yet....but the only constellation that she allegedly knocked out of the sky like a easy sketch-it was Perseus, unless she knocked another constellation out of the sky. Also to say she defeated the gods/spirits of that constellation....then she would have had to go against level 3 Greek Gods like Zeus, Athena, Ares, Hades and many others, nearly ALL of the Olympus Gods minus Dementer and a few others.

I do believe in her strength but..as a [Divinity] bearer during volume 1 and learning her power was weakened and sealed because of said divinity...I HIGHLY doubt she could have taken them all on.

Now when she has her original power back and is that number 10 in Little Garden? Oh yeah but not without a fight.

So going by the epilogue of volume one, since it follows that everything revolves around the earth, or the Geocentric Model, I think they [Thousand Eyes] was the one who knocked the stars out of the sky. Because as I keep reading the epilogue (Yes I skipped chapters 6-8 just now) I see nowhere where Shiroyasha is mentioned.

Waiting to be debunked but otherwise I am sticking to what I saw and know! O^O
Old 2015-02-11, 02:42   Link #2937
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
That's not correct.
2) In the little garden , defeating gods or stellar spirits related to constellation /stars can change the sky, wiping out constellation or changing them. As such,when it is said that Shiroyasha destroyed a constellation, it doesn't mean that she blasted away a constellation with her power, but that she defeated the god/spirits related to that constellation, destroying it with them. This link between the stars and their representatives was something that was explained as soon as the 1st volume of this series. You may want to read it back if you forgot it.

As such, not a single character in Mondaiji has the power to destroy stars directly. Everything said concerning Izayoi's strength and speed are hyperboles. He cannot destroy a star (not even a continent in fact, lest alone a planet, since Izayoi's hand was destroyed by throwing a punch at Azi BECAUSE he had the mass of a CONTINENT) and doesn't move higher than mach 10, that's all.
High level inhabitants (2 and 1 mostly) are mostly life wiper however. It seems that them living in the normal little garden would be enough to wipe out life of most of the little garden by their sheer presence as high gods and the like.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno.

She destroys the Perseus constellation at the end of volume two in her current sealed form. And she physically removes the freaking stars from the sky.

Seriously, Mondaiji has been dealing with this stuff since day one. Why is it so hard to understand?
Old 2015-02-11, 03:57   Link #2938
Zefyris
図書館狼

*sigh*

By the end of the first volume the mondaiji troop has already made change in the constellation by just defeating an opponent that was far easier than Azi Dakaha. Did they destroy a star by punching it? No. You seem to misunderstand something about this verse. The stars/constellations/Galaxies are directly affected by what their representatives do on the little garden. This is inherent with the very nature of the little garden.
If the mondaiji group can do that this easily, why would someone like SHiroyasha be unable to wipe a complete constellation in the same manner? from starters, it was said that she wiped out a constellation, not a group of star or something. Do yo understand clearly what are constellations? You don't seem to to me. Those aren't stars close to each other at all most of the time. They're just in the same direction from OUR point of view. If you were to create a gigantic blast able to wipe a complete constellation, this would blast most of the stars in the sky with it. Because two "components" of a same constellation can be far farther away than a star that you can see by looking at the opposed direction in the sky.
The only way to wipe out a constellation without wiping out something else around is, in the little garden, to proceed as said above. As shown with perseus, as long as you're strong enough, this isn't that hard. Gods are mainly tier 3 digits and 2 digits, so Shiroyasha isn't especially losing to most of them. That should actually be quite simple for her.
And Former Shiroyasha >>>> Current Shiroyasha>>Nerfed Shiroyasha at the beginning of the mondaiji story.

So any feat of that sort made by Shiroyasha in her former self was even easier to accomplish than they would be now. The former shiroyasha was a complete monster that could take on hordes of higher gods and win.

So yeah; mondaiji characters have never shown the ability to destroy a star. Quite in the contrary, since Izayoi has shown the inability to destroy a continent. Because yes, in the explanation of Azi Dakaha's toughness, the term employed isn't "mass" but "quality" of a continent (IIRC in the japanese version it was 質 or something like that?). Do you understand what it means? The author explain that "it's completely normal that Izayoi 's fist broke while trying to punch Azi, since Azi is as tough as a continent ". Or else, find me something in that explanation that say that he is more resistant than a star? As a reminder, this passage is an EXPLANATION as of why Izayoi's fist broke. What are you seeing there as an EXPLANATION? How tough he is to punch. I shouldn't even have to point that out. All the following sentences in the explanations are related as to how tough he is. You're saying "lololol this is just his weight not how tough he is".
Yeah, so in dragonball, you would have that kind of explanation? "Songoku can punch a planet, but couldn't defeat his opponent because he was waiting 80 kg"? That's not an explanation, right. So Izayoi cannot destroy by his punch a continent. QED.
Old 2015-02-11, 04:04   Link #2939
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Izayoi may not be able to destroy a continent, but I'm pretty sure he busted down a dimension using his light pillar move.

Does that count as feat?
Old 2015-02-11, 04:36   Link #2940
Zefyris
図書館狼

Hmmm... We don't know the size of that dimension, so unfortunately, I would say "not really". If it was pocket size, that's not an interesting feat, right.
Also, acting on the little garden have huge consequences that cannot be taken at that character's "feat". Just like above with the stars being moved/constellation being destroyed, some actions on the little garden have gigantic repercussions. Little garden influences several planes of existence as we know. For example if little garden were to be destroyed, this would destroy all the other planes with it.
As such, special consequences needs to be considered carefully and distinguished from the real feat of that character. the "dimension" he busted down was more of a representative on little agrden of that dimension than the dimension itself IIRC. This therefore probably enters the realm of "special consequences " rather than the realm of "character feats".

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko